PDA

View Full Version : vivi problem

Phil
03-15-2003, 06:21 PM
ok so here is my question. is vivi a human, or is he a black mage..like...i think the real question is...like this. Are black mages like qu's in the fact that they are a different race or are they humans hidden under hats with oddly glowing yellow eyes? i have wondered that for a long time but never truly known the awnser:choc:

Zifnab
03-15-2003, 06:38 PM
The FFIX black mages are more like living toys than anything else. I'd imagine that they really do have no face, and just bizare floating eyes. It's best to just think of it as a design for them, rather than try and find reason for the eyes and lack of face. Think of it as why most cartoons have eyebrows that appear an inch above their heads.

Phil
03-15-2003, 11:02 PM
but i think you missed the question. would vivi look like yu or me if he took off his hat? or would he be a black mass with glowing eyes? is the shadow of his hat blocking his face? in the original ff's the black mage job class turned a human into a person that looked just like vivi. so i guess that is what i meant

Zifnab
03-16-2003, 03:21 PM
I think their costume is almost their actual body. Vivi never removed his hat because if he did, it'd be like removing the top-half of his head. In all honesty I think they're just kept alive by magic, hence his entire appearance is created by magic. IF his hat was removed.. I'd guess he'd simply be a black mass.

Big D
03-18-2003, 09:54 AM
At their first meeting, Eiko says to Vivi, "Why the long face?"
Therefore I reckon that the Black Mages do have faces (since they can eat and smell, so they must also have the requisite organs for those purposes), it's just that they're difficult to see unless you're standing in close, with good light.

KimmY
03-20-2003, 11:54 AM
I think this will answer alot of questions... :shifty:

http://www.quad9dyne.com/waat/vivihat.htm

Davis
03-20-2003, 07:32 PM
I love that site. It's awsome. But anyway, back to Vivi, I think he is just some black mass with yellow eyes.

Pancaek
03-20-2003, 08:01 PM
I've always thought of Vivi as a blob of mist or whatever, seeing as he was manufactured and not born like regular people.

Davis
03-22-2003, 02:47 PM
He really is. he was made after all

TheChosen1
05-08-2003, 01:27 PM
I have another question about vivi it concerns all of them actually. In the game u can equip him with hats and armlets and all that crap but y cant u see them, if he put on a different hat or if u took it off u could probably see his face better, same goes for freya.

Phil
05-09-2003, 03:08 AM
i think you cant see the different hats because if you changed the image of somebody they could go through so many appearance changes you would have to re-program what he/she looks like during the entire game. therefore you have to put every equipment combo into the game in every part of the game using every motion of the game as well. it would be too complex.

ultima buster
05-09-2003, 02:09 PM
vivi cant take his hat off even through you would be able to see his face better... its the same for amarant afro aswell

Dragonfire
05-17-2003, 10:55 PM
but when you fight amarant, you get to see his full face.

Mart Steiner
01-31-2006, 03:07 AM
actuly when u go were vivi is born u can se an agg and its not like the other egg created in the big factory in dali...those in dali was er..*ahem!* ...well...cheap...and make real fast ...and the one in the other plache is white and have red point on it and it is smaller.... vivi can eat can smell so... he is not just a mist ball or somthing like that...i guess the yellow eyes is caused by strong black magic. :mog:

yay!

Is that live to spend are live to other pepole ?:mog:
Edit by Kishi: Don't triple-post. Or double-post.

Lychon
01-31-2006, 03:52 AM
Someone said something about Vivi being a troll, but I think they were talking about someone else...

Heero Yuy NWZC
01-31-2006, 04:44 AM
Vivi is different than the other mages. i wouldn't be surprised if he did have facial features unlike the other mages. Also, at the end of the game doesn't it show little mages with Vivi and Eiko? if he can help make kids than he should have other organs as well.

Christmas
01-31-2006, 04:48 AM
I think Vivi is a shadow from kingdom hearts or just a lump of black substances complied together with two light bulbs attached although I am already two years late for this reply. :(

Flake
01-31-2006, 05:43 AM
Vivi is a black mage.

Black mages are made.

Therefore Vivi...you are just a puppet.

/Steals ff7 quotes for 9 related topics :D

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-31-2006, 07:09 AM
Do not bring back threads from the Year of Our Lord Two Thousand and Freakin Three.