PDA

View Full Version : Downloading Music

Kevin_05
03-16-2003, 01:42 AM
Hey I have KaZaA and recently when I've downloaded some new songs (All-American Rejects, Ataris) and every single song fades out about 30 seconds into it. I was just curious why this is happening.

Erdrick Holmes
03-16-2003, 01:48 AM
a thread about a Kazaa problem in the lounge.... i think hell froze over

Kevin_05
03-16-2003, 05:35 AM
I tried iMesh to and its didn't work either

eestlinc
03-16-2003, 05:49 AM
maybe its because you downloaded sample mp3s. For some reason, people like only to give out samples of their music so that, if you like it, (piece de resistance!) you might actually buy it.

crono_logical
03-16-2003, 08:29 PM
Yeah, could be planted files by the music companies themselves - it's another of their marketing techniques, to stop people using file sharing to get music "illegally" they plant huge amounts of these dodgy files around to frustrate you into buying the real thing :p

Dr Unne
03-16-2003, 09:15 PM
When you download a file generally try to pick the one with the biggest filesize. If there are two copies of the same song, and one is way smaller than the other, either the MP3 is terrible quality, or maybe someone downloaded the song and it got corrupted and they left the file in a folder somewhere to share. If EVERY MP3 you get is like that, depending on what player you're using, maybe you have it configured in some weird way that's causing it not to play the whole file.

Kevin_05
03-17-2003, 03:11 AM
Damn those sneaky music companies. See the song plays all the way through so the file size of a altered mp3 is the same as the good mp3. *sigh* I wish we had Napster back.