PDA

View Full Version : Who wishes Beatrix played more of an intricant role in the game.

darkchrono
03-16-2003, 06:39 AM
I always thought Beatrix was the coolest character in the game. And I wished that they would have made her one of the main characters.

Or at least have more of a prominant role instead of just spot duty in a few scenes like she was.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-16-2003, 07:01 AM
She already seems quite prominent to me, being the focus of quite a few scenes throughout Discs 2 and 3. She's an incredibly cool supporting character, yes, but I'd hate for her to be a main character. 'Twould be spreading what little character she's got far too thin.

eestlinc
03-16-2003, 08:04 AM
yea. If she were a main character then nobody would talk about how cool she is and how they wish they could play as her. Besides, it's not like Steiner isn't a good enough swordsman for your party.

Kimera 726
03-18-2003, 05:58 AM
I guess I'm going a little over the edge by saying this, but then I want you guys to know that I understand this game is set in a fantastical world. It is great to see a swordsman of incredible powers. No doubt if you had the chance to level her up she could surpass even Steiner, and who knows what her abilities would be.

But think about it in the long run, what story could there be for Beatrix if she was to tag along your party of 8? Yes she is a guardian for Garnet, and yes she was on the wrong side of the force in disk 2, but all she probably would do is carry out orders and give her warnings about entering dangerous areas. For Steiner, there was a little bigger storyline because not only is he ignorant about the truth (which is a good thing to develop in a story), he has the nature to be wrong as well. Beatrix would probably be the ultimate character, and I think she would tip the balance in the game far too much into her favor, plus a dull storyline (but this is only from my personal analysis). She should have been beaten by Zidane in the third fight, at least develop her nature a little by showing her a little humility.

eestlinc
03-18-2003, 06:18 AM
Something I never really understood is why Beatrix is so sure of herself in battle and always wins against your party, and yet she seems to be taxed overly by battling the Mistodons with Steiner.

Kimera 726
03-18-2003, 06:33 AM
I guess that Climhazzard just took the power out of her.

darkchrono
03-19-2003, 08:44 AM
That's true,

I guess what they could have done is they could have cut Freya from the entire game and added Beatrix into the group. (As Freya seemed very uninteresting to me in the game. Mainly because I didn't even know what the devil she even was.)

Then using the space for that extra character they could add in a little story to tell about Beatrix.

Who knows.

Timbit
03-19-2003, 09:28 AM
If Beatrix replaced Freya, not only would you be replacing one of the coolest characters in the game, but then you would have 2 swordsman with exactly the same attacks. Plus, you can't really give Beatrix new weapons, because she keeps the Save The Queen because she is the royal guardian of Garnet.

m4tt
03-19-2003, 09:51 AM
Plus removing Freya would kinda make the Cleyra/Burmecia thing less interesting.

The role Beatrix played was just fine.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-19-2003, 08:58 PM
Removing Freya would mean, among other things, removing the Cleyra Riverdance, which would in itself be simply inexcusable.

eestlinc
03-20-2003, 07:48 AM
I don't suppose Sir Fratley was named after Michael Flatley.

Beaver39
03-20-2003, 06:07 PM
Beatrix would have been too strong compared to the rest of the party...

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-20-2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by eestlinc
I don't suppose Sir Fratley was named after Michael Flatley. Oh my.

Scandalous
04-04-2003, 09:07 PM
Lol...anyway, I do wish Beatrix got a larger role!! She was just 'cool'...

Phil
04-19-2003, 05:34 AM
beatrix is awesome. she is, not to mention, uber sexy. i think she should replace steiner. no....replace zidane for all i care. BEATRIX IS TEH CUULEST

TheChosen1
05-05-2003, 01:34 AM
I agree BEATRIX RULEZ! Plus if u look at it from my point of view Zidane cud of had to chicks to look at. (Dagger(or garnet) would get jealous) plus I dont like freya either i named her hoe:D ne ways Sir Fratley is also a dum name. And for people who say Beatrix wud be same as Steiner heres somethin: If they take out a character im also saying for them to give steiner a few different attacks... duh.. thats what teh developers got to think about. Also the game is more interesting to play when u got 2 chicks even if garnet sometimes acts like a b!tch.:eek:

Kurohime
05-05-2003, 02:53 AM
At first, I really did NOT like Beatrix! XD I'm not sure why... just seemed like that whole "OMG, I was wrong about the queen" speil was so fast and she was too quick to turn against Brahne...

Anyway, beside the point. Hehe, when I got to playing the game more, Beatrix definitely started to make more sense, to the point where now she's one of my favorite ladies in FF. That whole sense of "Who am I and what am I fighting for?" started to make much more sense. Following orders may have been all part of her nature and training, but so was staying true to what ultimately turned out to be "right."

I don't think she would have been as much of a comical relief as Steiner was, so surprisingly, I prefer Steiner's character to Beatrix's as a team member.

Everything else about Beatrix, though... I really like. I like the time you get to use her in battle. (WOOHOO!! CLIMHAZZARDNESSFULLNESS!!!!!!1) and most of all... I LOVE HER THEME SONG! :D

But do I want her to be more of a main character? Meh, not really. The information you get out of her is enough to make her good enough to care about, but leaves enough to interpretation.

Hehe, oh! And the Zidane-flirting-with-Beatrix point Chosen1 brings up... it always cracked me up that Beatrix is probably the only woman that Ziddy DIDN'T hit on... XD She probably would have Climhazzarded his ass into oblivion. ;)

TheChosen1
05-05-2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Kurohime
At first, I really did NOT like Beatrix! XD I'm not sure why... just seemed like that whole "OMG, I was wrong about the queen" speil was so fast and she was too quick to turn against Brahne...

Anyway, beside the point. Hehe, when I got to playing the game more, Beatrix definitely started to make more sense, to the point where now she's one of my favorite ladies in FF. That whole sense of "Who am I and what am I fighting for?" started to make much more sense. Following orders may have been all part of her nature and training, but so was staying true to what ultimately turned out to be "right."

I don't think she would have been as much of a comical relief as Steiner was, so surprisingly, I prefer Steiner's character to Beatrix's as a team member.

Everything else about Beatrix, though... I really like. I like the time you get to use her in battle. (WOOHOO!! CLIMHAZZARDNESSFULLNESS!!!!!!1) and most of all... I LOVE HER THEME SONG! :D

But do I want her to be more of a main character? Meh, not really. The information you get out of her is enough to make her good enough to care about, but leaves enough to interpretation.

Hehe, oh! And the Zidane-flirting-with-Beatrix point Chosen1 brings up... it always cracked me up that Beatrix is probably the only woman that Ziddy DIDN'T hit on... XD She probably would have Climhazzarded his ass into oblivion. ;)

Youre rite bout that LOL :love: :shoot: LOL But neways i also wanted to say that for watever reason each time I think bout ff in general i think of vivi or a wizard (black mage). Actually thats y i got ff9 and not ff8 just because his picture was on it. He might not be my favourite but he is like an ff trademark or something.
His picture is even on top of this site to the right and no if u see a long haired guy its ur other right. And no i dont mean THE EYE.

Christmas
04-25-2022, 02:23 AM
I like her eye patch as much as her abilities. Her sword skills & white magic can be a bit imbalanced though. If only it can be balanced nicely like her boobs. :bigsmile:

Mr Gashtacular
04-25-2022, 08:14 AM
I'd have accepted her as permanent party member but it would mean either

A) She follows her character trait and is super overpowered
B) They have to dim her strength somewhat for gameplay reasons, making those earlier battles against her less formidable.

Also, I think her and Steiner sweet talking and making kissy faces at each other would be distracting the other characters on the airship and stuff and it would just get annoying for them and Garnet would have to have a sitcom-like conversation about it with them.

tidus79
04-25-2022, 11:47 AM
I would like to have Beatrix as permanent party member during the final part of the game instead of Quina Quen (worst FF character).