PDA

View Full Version : lack of clothing

YAYyay
03-18-2003, 07:17 AM
I dont know much about ffX-2 but I do know that paine, rikku and yuna are wearing very little clothing. What do u think of how much clothes they are wearing?
Edit: uhh.. I guess i overreacted, they dont wear that little clothing, mabye i should say, wut do u think about their clothes

Kimera 726
03-18-2003, 08:43 AM
I definately see something going on here. To put it short, it's basically "an exchange". I believe Squaresoft is exchanging quality storyline for ratings and satisfying the appeal of the male community. Much like many television shows are doing that now. But then I could be wrong: FFX-2 could still be a wonderful game.

Nevertheless looking at their clothing, or "lack there of", and the status of the global economy, and can see why.

In accordance of design, Yuna's clothing is very much like Jecht, with that 1/2 dress to her side and the symbol in front of her shirt like Jecht's tatoo. Very interesting, and I am eager to see the relation.

Rikku's just skimpy-looking IMO. Does she enjoy revealing as much of herself as possible or what? That's what I want to know.

Paine is unique. I dunno what more I can say about it.

Darkness Auron
03-18-2003, 12:41 PM
don't get dizzy.
they can/will change their cloth during battle

Gambler Rikku
03-18-2003, 08:38 PM
I like their new look. The defiantly got good taste in clothes, in my opinion! :excited:

YAYyay
03-18-2003, 09:29 PM
i know that they can change their clothing.
I dont mind the clothes that they wear but my little brother and sisterwill, lol, and i might have to ask my parents about getting a new game and my parents may thik that they are wearing too little clothes,( im not even 14 yet..:shifty: ) that probably might not matter either :lol:

Enigma
03-19-2003, 01:24 AM
I don't care, I don't care what FF characters are wearing, just the plot.

Swift Thief Rikku
03-20-2003, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Enigma

There's alot of Rikku fans out there...! :giddy:

Right on, Enigma! Took the words, well.. typed the words, right out of my mouth! :roll:

cykak
03-20-2003, 09:24 AM

*Thumbs Up on that point*

A nice looking game with graphics is nice but what will make a game memorable is the storyline.

KimmY
03-20-2003, 09:30 AM

'bout time somebody said that. :D

Rye
03-20-2003, 10:14 PM
Me too ^.^ ( The only time FF clothes offended me was with Yunalesca...)

There's alot of Rikku fans out there...!

Hi, I'm a rikku fan too! ^.^

I like rikku's clothes. I also think they have a good taste.

Swift Thief Rikku
03-21-2003, 11:32 AM
Hehe! That's because Rikku is simply the best!

I'd defiantly wear what Rikku wears! ( Well, not out to a store or anything like that... :shifty: )

Rye
03-21-2003, 04:46 PM
Well... What I think is if you can see something more revealing on the beach the clothes are ok... ^.^

Spira's Cutie
03-21-2003, 05:20 PM
Oh! I'd wear Yuna and Rikku's singing outfits anywhere!! :excited:

KimmY
03-21-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Swift Thief Rikku
I'd defiantly wear what Rikku wears! ( Well, not out to a store or anything like that... :shifty: )

I would!! :giddy:

:roll:

ChibiInuYasha
03-22-2003, 01:41 AM
I wont say much bcause I've already got my @$$ kicked about this topic on the "is outrages" thread, but IMO..Clothes are not what make the game..it's a good story/plot and character development :o

ZeZipster
03-22-2003, 02:06 AM
All of these I said in the *is outraged* forum:

Oh-yes, and by the way- Japanese culture is different from American. Just because the Japanese love a game doesn't mean America or the UK will. Maybe they like flexible characters who are in one game subtle-shy and in other game half-naked and wielding two guns which, by the trailers, don't seem to have a limit on ammo. If they wanted a shooter than they should have brought in a new character not give the subtle one a make-over.
Character designer 1: Hmmmm, recently I've been intriqued by guns we should make a shooter in this sequel.
Character designer 2: But won't that require effort?
Character designer 1: Your right let's just mess Yuna up.
Character designer 3: Yeah! Screw the loyal Yuna-likers she needs to show some skin!

When square makes a descrete character half naked they're doing that to attract males or the opposite sex of what Yuna is. They're selling her. They're taking her out of character to attract males. HOW FREAKING BLUNTLY DO I NEED TO SAY THAT BEFORE YOU PEOPLE GET IT? It's like they're killing who she was so they can make a profit out of any dolt who'll buy a game because it has a hot-chick on the cover. It wouldn't bug me if they'd of made a new shooter.

What logic is behind the authors of the game deciding to change Yuna entirely instead of creating a Yuna-look alike or Shooter-person? Why did they make her change from subtle-summoner to Yuna Croft (nickname stolen from some FF news site)? It doesn't make since and it's not cultural, it's greedy. As far as I can see it's pure greed. -Cloths + guns = more buys (I had a much better equation involving squaring body parts, but that one seems stupid to me now).

I'm sorry, I don't remember Square ever trying to create a sequel to any other FF except for X and in the sequel the clothing is not the thing that matters, It's the fact that Squares taking the characters they made out of character. They made Yuna subtle and now she's Yuna Croft, complete with guns, skin, and ass. It's not the fact that Yuna is wearing these things, It's that she defies all logic Square provided in X by doing so. Had Yuna kept her old cloths now one would complain about Rikkus or Paines cloths, because they're still in character. Square changed Yuna to sell. That pisses me off.

No, Normally I don't repeat myself.

MaGe_P
03-22-2003, 02:15 AM
i think Square is just trying something new........

DarkSerge
03-22-2003, 06:14 PM
Watch the final outfits be like stripers or something :love:

Robinaldo
03-22-2003, 06:33 PM
I don't mind a little provacative clothing, but I think they're taking it a bit far. I also think it's out of yuna's character to wear something like that, but she may have loosened up a bit since her pilgrimage. (and no i don't mean it like that...)

I like paine's clothes a lot, they're kind of provocative but not offensive, like Rikku's. I'm sorry, but a scarf, a bikini top and a tiny skirt that doesn't cover the crotch if you lean back is not just a cute outfit, it's just male eye candy. Rikku's a really cool character and it demeans her to be dressed like that.

Sure, we like sexy clothes, but when it detracts from the character (like yunaleska in X) it's pointless.

Does it scare anyone else that Lulu is more modestly dressed than most of X-2's characters and outfits? :eek:

*prepares to be flamed by everyone* :eep:

-aldo

Rye
03-22-2003, 07:04 PM
Yeah, I pretty much agree with you except with yuna. I8 don't think it's a bad outfit really and her hafl-skirt pretty much covers up her short-shorts ^.^ :D

Gambler Rikku
03-27-2003, 10:50 AM
I'm curious to know what Yuna's gambler outfit will look like! I haven't seen any pictures yet.

fff
04-22-2003, 01:38 PM
if you wanna see it try http://ryochan.free.fr/yuna.html[/URL]

Rye
04-22-2003, 01:43 PM
I didn't download the video, but it looks like it's very PURPLE!

Lol I'd like to see how paine looks. or maybe not... Somethings are just not meant to be put on people. It's like putting a hippie outfit on Squall.... It's just not right.

fff
04-22-2003, 02:15 PM
if you dont like the coler purple you dont wanna see paines

PhoenixAsh
04-22-2003, 08:45 PM
This is mainly to ZeZipster, but also because I'm sick of seeing these threads whenever I come on the X-2 forum (which is rare cos I got sick of these threads).

For a start, of course Yuna would change. Since the beginning of the last game she has lost a loved one and had everything she believed in shaken beyond believe. She is unlikely to still wear summoners clothing after learning it was all a sham. I'm not up on it, but isn't it also a disguise?

As for Square wanting to sell more games by exchanging plot for eye candy. Well not only do we not have evidence for that yet, it would also be extremely stupid to bring in this idea on the ONLY FF which is aimed specifically at people who are already fans.

Croyles
04-22-2003, 09:59 PM
what is it with people getting offended by little amount of clothing? are you people like scared of women or something? and it doesnt matter if little children see, you want to show them reality, you dont wanna make them think that when they grow up, that everyone is gonna be wearing clothes as thick as animals so you dont even see a tiny bit of skin!

Just because they wear little amount of clothing doesnt mean that its ALL SEXUAL! And if it is, whats the big deal? Some people look at sex as discusst if somehow viewed in public near little children or maybe even themselves, but why?

but i do have to agree that it could mean that the game does go for more of a satisfaction that a good story line, lets just hope thats not the case.

EDIT: This post doesnt go out to anyone in paticurlar, just for people to read what i think about it.
P.S I hope it will be a good game!

ZeZipster
04-24-2003, 11:58 PM
Ok, I'm fine with the idea of them making more obscene characters. But guess what, they've taking it to far, you can't have some one who was portrayed as subtle and shy and then half naked in the sequel the change is to dramatic. They are selling her. They could have made an entirely nude shooter I wouldn't give a shit. The fact that they decided to take Yuna and change her to the EXACT opposite of what she was pisses me off. She went from a staff to two GUNS. WHAT? HOW THE HELL!? I never saw any dark magician or summoner in any game whip out two pistols and fire off rounds like their is no limit on ammo! NEVER.

I do have evidence. Three girls walking around changing cloths every battle. No male characters from all the previews I've seen. Although I'm fairly sure I wouldn't want to see in male characters in this one.

PhoenixAsh
04-25-2003, 12:20 AM
Yuna wasn't shy, she just followed the teachings. I don't know the plot, but I heard it was a disguise, and that's a pretty good way not to look like Yuna.
As for never seeing any mages pulling out guns, well there is such a thing as a new idea you know. Besides exactly how is a lead character gonna work with no form of attack? I know I don't wanna sit and watch a summon sequence every battle, espescially since they all got killed last game.
The lack of male characters annoys me and I'm male, I certainly don't see it as a draw. Anyone who'd buy a game to see comparatively well covered CG girls should realise you can see a lot more of a lot realer girls for a lot less money. Square knows this.

Rye
04-25-2003, 12:25 AM
Rikku made the outfit as a disuise for Yuna. As for the outfits Make a smallsweater or dress and put it on your T.V screen over yuna or rikku if you think they don't wear enough clothes ^.^

Croyles
04-25-2003, 01:03 AM
As for the outfits Make a smallsweater or dress and put it on your T.V screen over yuna or rikku if you think they don't wear enough clothes ^.^

HEHEHE :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Imperia
04-25-2003, 02:06 AM
I admit I don't like Yuna and Rikku's new out fits. Especially Rikku's. I get a little grossed out. I mean, I'm a girl, and I want to see sexy MEN!:love:

Mattokenzi
04-26-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by YAYyay
I dont know much about ffX-2 but I do know that paine, rikku and yuna are wearing very little clothing. What do u think of how much clothes they are wearing?
Edit: uhh.. I guess i overreacted, they dont wear that little clothing, mabye i should say, wut do u think about their clothes

I thing I see where your going those clothes are far to revealing but in my opinion there OK

Kupo
04-27-2003, 05:12 PM
clothes = dont matter

storyline = everything

yepyep.:cool:

Enigma
04-27-2003, 07:24 PM
Kupo for president.

Kupo
04-27-2003, 11:09 PM
*holds up "v" signs with both hands*

I am not a crook!

Vote for me!:cool:

kishin7
04-28-2003, 05:12 AM
Rikku is by far my favorite FFX-2 character. Though, the others are also simply amazing. I'm so desperate for this game that I'm actually downloading the japanese version of it. :D

a-l
04-29-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Kupo
clothes = dont matter

storyline = everything

that sounded just like the sprite advertise... i think im missing the point... so... i think i will just shut up.. :rolleyes2

Kupo
04-29-2003, 10:49 PM
Haha.. wasnt it like... "image is nothing, obey your thirst" or something like that? I dont watch enough commercials to remember:p

Rye
04-29-2003, 10:56 PM
Lol and I'm thristy for FFX-2 (okay that sounded weird)

ChibiInuYasha
04-29-2003, 11:31 PM
Lol and I'm thristy for FFX-2 (okay that sounded weird) I know exactly what ya mean *sheds a tear* ;_;