PDA

View Full Version : superbosses

muchacho
03-19-2003, 02:38 AM
who do you think the hardest superboss is?

1. shinryu
2. atma
3. ultima (7)
4.ruby
5.emerald
6. ultima(8)
7.omega(8)
9.ozma
10. ulitma(10)
11. omega(10)
12. nemisis

or any other i missed

The Amazing Spiderman
03-19-2003, 02:47 AM
I only have one: Omega in FFVIII

Moomba Misstress
03-19-2003, 04:47 AM
Beat Omega FVIII's A$* it was fun, but Ozma, man he was harder, but I didn't do that animal thing to make him weaker.... :fd: PS: Omega in ten was really weak Auron killed him in like one hit..... and sadly I haven't fought Emerald weapon yet, but I will...I will... :fd:

ShivaBlizzard8
03-19-2003, 05:05 AM
Omega in 5, hands down. Spidery little bastard liked to melt my party before I even took a swing. Grrrrrr.

Kimera 726
03-19-2003, 06:22 AM
I felt Ozma in IX was hard. Ultima Weapon in 8 was easy to beat because I had plenty of Aura spells with me. I've yet to face Omega; I'm kinda eager, but a little scared too.

muchacho
03-19-2003, 08:24 PM
i have beaten atma, ultima (all 3), omega (8, 10). i get the s*** beating out of me agenst emerald and ruby, ands right now im trying to get nemisis. i didnt know there was a omega in five, where is he?

Zifnab
03-19-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by muchacho marc
i didnt know there was a omega in five, where is he?
He's a robot spider type thing, you can't miss him, you have to walk past him in the final dungeon.

Ozma was tough... I got lucky beating him. But Omega in FFVIII also gets my vote, it was only sheer fluke that I got random Phoenix twice after my party (or two characters, don't remember) got wiped out.

Enigma
03-19-2003, 11:38 PM
I'm going to say Ruby Weapon from FFVII, it took me forever to beat him but only two or three tries. Omega in FFVIII would get my second vote if I could vote again, I took him out after about 4 tries but when I stocked up on Auras and cured myself a lot, it wasn't that hard to

muchacho
03-20-2003, 12:37 AM
holy crap, pheonix revived you two times.....ME TOO.

any way im going to try beat emmy...but i have to get NoTR:cry:. if you cast reflect on your party and then quadra magic a spell and cast it on your party does it hit the enemy 12 times?

edczxcvbnm
03-20-2003, 12:45 AM
They are all easy. The FFVIII boss = the weakness. Nothing like 100 heros to help you out.

black orb
03-20-2003, 06:27 AM
>>> Omega from FF5 I guess..

stuffing
03-22-2003, 04:51 PM
I would say Ruby was the hardest of all of the ff's

Reine
05-06-2003, 04:20 AM
I can't believe you forgot Penance!!!! (FFX)

He was the hardest!!!!

muchacho
05-06-2003, 04:43 AM
i just wanted to give props to me... i beat ruby with ease. if you put the right stuff on your guys then hes a brease.

Kurohime
05-06-2003, 04:47 AM
Penance and Nemesis! Argh! They're hard to GET to, as well! o_O!

And I've been slaughtered by each and every superboss the first time I played them. Ozma was the first I defeated, Omega and Ultima... I STILL haven't beaten Ultima...

But yes, Penance is the ultimate b*tch! XD

muchacho
05-06-2003, 04:52 AM
ultima in what game?

i beat nemisis the 2nd time i played him. when hes about to attack just bring out a aeon and let the aeon take the damage. then quick hit untill hes about to attack again. repeat

Calvin
05-06-2003, 06:42 AM
I'd have to say Weigraf/Lucavi at the end of chapter 3 in Final Fantasy Tactics. Man do I hate that fight. He and his damn Cyclops.

Prodigy
05-08-2003, 03:41 PM
There's no contest.

Emerald and Ruby can be beaten in just a couple of moves. 1 infact (it's possible I'm pretty sure)

Omega weapon in 8 isn't hard, even without heroes.

Ozma is fairly tricky but a decent strategy and he's toast.

PENANCE on the other hand is hard. Infact, he's not really THAT hard but he DEFINATELY takes the longest to kill. Even if you're fully maxed and have the best strategy you can't kill him in any less than about an hour (at least it took my over and hour and I don't see how you could kill him much more quickly).

Definately the hardest.

Brian The Pink Shark
05-08-2003, 04:13 PM
Omega in FF 8 definetly it is almost impossible without cheats

Psychotic
05-08-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Prodigy
There's no contest.

Emerald and Ruby can be beaten in just a couple of moves. 1 infact (it's possible I'm pretty sure)

That is just b/s. Emerald has over one million HP and Ruby has half that. I am not sure but Cait Sith may have a Zanmato like move in his slots, but that is hard to pull off.

As for Penance, yes, I think I can kill Penance in one move, I can't say I've tried it, but ZANMATO.

Anyway...

1. shinryu - nasty
2. atma - don't make me laugh
3. ultima (7) - ffs, Kjata one-hitted this sunuva...
4.ruby - nasty
5.emerald - nastier
6. ultima(8) - you gotta be joking
7.omega(8) - nasty
9.ozma - nasty, as you need luck or high levels to win
10. ulitma(10) - lmao
11. omega(10) - as above
12. nemisis - wouldn't know, I don't care about monster arena.

Storm
05-08-2003, 09:39 PM
I haven't played FF8 or FF10-international, but Omega from Final Fantasy V has got to be the hardest. Even if you have a flame ring, his other attacks are ridiculous. Mustard bomb is pretty much instant death. I think my favorite is his move called "erase", where you are just taken out of the battle. I think in my best fight against Omega, I took off 180 damage.

Emerald from Final Fantasy VII is extremely difficult as well. I did manage to beat the Emerald Weapon without Knights of the Round so this is why I say Omega in FF5 is tougher. Ruby weapon isn't that bad as long as you come into battle with two people dead, and consistently use Hades, Mighty Guard, and Knights of the Round.

Devilish
05-08-2003, 09:43 PM
Ultima and omega in FFX were soo easy, my yuna attacked with her staff and killed them.( 99,999 dmg ):D

But i would have to say Ruby (8)

Brian The Pink Shark
05-08-2003, 09:45 PM
Hey cool you use the name Storm too, Squinn is just my screen and nick name but Storm is my RPG name what a coincidence

muchacho
05-08-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Storm
I did manage to beat the Emerald Weapon without Knights of the Round
how?????????. please dont say cait sith's limit break

Prodigy
05-09-2003, 01:14 AM
Psychotic - you're very wrong.

(By the way - I would never count Zanmato, The End or Cait Sith's limit break a proper way to defeat an enemy as they are all instant death, even to bosses. Pointless, might as well use a gameshark).

Ruby is a bit tougher than Emerald simply because you have to set the fight up at the beginning cos he removes 2 characters. Still can do it with 1 (as I did) or you can fanny around and save the other 2.

For emerald though here's how to kill him in 1 move:

It takes a lot of levelling up and mastering materia (many hours) but it's very doable.

You don't even need a mastered KOTR.

You need 6 (yes SIX, count em) mimes. 3 final attacks and lots of mastered magic plus materia. Also boosting your magic stat is useful. You'll need w-summon and hp absorb.

Get your magic as high as you can so that KOTR does 13 lots of 9999 damage.

Then simply pair hp absorb with w-summon. Final attack with mime and counter with mime.

Then you've beaten emerald. You initially w-summon KOTR which does 13 x 9999 x 2 damage = 259974 - over a quarter of his total HP. You also gain all your HP back.
If he hits you then you'll counter attack with another 259974 damage. If he kills a character (which he shouldn't if you've got 9999 health) then you'll do another 259974. You only have to do 4 of these to kill him. The only way you can die is if he does Aire Tam Storm which means 9999 to all (materia based) and you're fuggered cos you don't have phoenix on your final attack.

Still - you can kill Emerald by just attacking once. You should get the rest of the hits in from either dying or retaliating.

Easy.

Omega weapon in 8 is also easy, even without heroes. All you need to do is make sure you've junctioned correctly and that squall and zell have auto protect, shell and hast. Have Quistis do mighty guard and cast aura (if you don't get it from mighty guard) on both zell and squall. Zell can do huge amounts of damage each limit break, as can squall. You'll defeat Omega in a couple of hits, before he gets chance to do Terra Break.

The reason I'd say Penance is definately the hardest is that there's NO WAY to kill him easily. You've got to stick at him for AGES before you can kill him. He just takes so long it's not funny. Even if you're as maxxed out as it's possible to be (I nearly was).

muchacho
05-09-2003, 01:30 AM
what do you get when you beat penace? probably nothing like all of the other ones.

Prodigy
05-09-2003, 10:13 AM
I think it's either 3 or 6 master spheres/dark matter - can't remember. It's definately nothing good though.

Storm
05-10-2003, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by muchacho marc
how?????????. please dont say cait sith's limit break

No, I didn't use Cait Sith. I used Barret, Cloud, and Yuffie, all of which had their level four limit breaks and were all at about level 80. Basically I had counter and ultima attached to every single person, made sure to cast haste whenever possible, and I had two people using megalixers per turn pretty much, while the other person casted Ultima. It took me an about an hour to win that battle, but by the time I was finished Cloud had done omnislash over 10 times and I had consumed well over 30 megalixers. I also had a final attack materia combined with phoenix, which did save me at one point in the battle.

It's not the best strategy to doing it, but I lost my mind trying to breed chocobos.

Prodigy
05-10-2003, 11:20 AM
How many hits is omnislash? It must be at least 15 or something? If you are well protected enough you can easily get out several omnislashes (i.e. mime omnislash a few times) and do over half Emerald's HP. That's what I did when a friend ran into Emerald without KOTR.

Psychotic
05-10-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Prodigy
You need 6 (yes SIX, count em) mimes.

Not really worth the effort. I spent hours just trying to get my throw materia into Coin - I had a crazy vision of throwing 1 million gil at Emerald, which would have been funny and when I tested it out on Mr. Zolom it only did 9999. It was frustrating. But getting 6 mimes would just be totally argh.

Yes, the method does work, but it's a slight bit more than a "couple of moves"

Prodigy
05-11-2003, 12:49 AM
Not really!

Well, not after you've spent hours and hours and hours levelling up.

pigwig345
10-28-2009, 11:12 PM
Absolute virture from ffXI is unintentionally unbeatable, at least I think it is. So that probably makes it harder than any bosses on this list so far.

Rantz
10-29-2009, 03:01 AM
Please don't revive old threads, pigwig. :] You can start a new thread on the subject if you like!