PDA

View Full Version : Better to Preorder FFOrigins, or just buy it???

Mr. Graves
03-19-2003, 09:08 PM
So, which is the better route to go about purchasing FF Origins?? Seeing as PSX games are getting harder to find these days, is it better to preorder?? The people at Gamestop know very little about FF Origins, yet know about Gamecabe and X-box games being released into next year. So I'm a little concerned.

Thanks!

DJZen
03-19-2003, 09:20 PM
well look at it this way, if the people working at the store know nothing about it, chances are the average gamer won't know anything about it either. This means chances are good it'll be hanging around shelves. On the other hand, it might be one of those deals like Blood Omen where anyone who knows about it already has their copy, and the stores didn't think it'd sell well enough to order more. I'd personally pre-order if I were you. Remember, it's only gonna set you back about $30, so it's not like waiting for a used copy is gonna save you 30 or maybe even 40 bucks.

Star of Penumbra
03-23-2003, 07:38 PM
You can find the remade Wonderswan Color roms online. Plus, they're free. They lack the new movies, but who gives a crap.

Rude
03-23-2003, 09:22 PM
WSC has some really asslacious music though. PSX has all of the sounds and music remade for the better.

CelesIV
03-24-2003, 01:07 PM
I recently got ff origins and was very frustrated about the TONS of battles that you have to but up in ff1.....

you cant go far before the next battle begins....... Its a wonderful game indeed but far too many battles I think!!!

DJZen
03-26-2003, 09:26 PM
if you can think of a better way to raise the exp and gil necessary to get anywhere in the game, I'd like to hear it.

Anyway, a note to anyone still wondering if they should pre-order or not....

I pre-ordered my copy from the local EB Games store, and asked if they'd been getting a lot of pre-orders for it. They said they'd been getting enough to ensure that once it's gone, it's gone. If you're not pre-odering, I'd suggest either camping out on release day, or preparing yourself to be searching used bins for a LONG time. You'll probably have around the same amount of luck finding it as you will Final Fantasy Tactics or Castlevania SotN. Then again, I found both of those there for reasonable prices...

Mr. Graves
03-26-2003, 09:56 PM
Well, I believe my local Gamestop is having people reserving copies for people. I'll look into that tomorrow. If not, I'm definitely pre-ordering. One way or another, I will own this.

zelda78
03-26-2003, 11:29 PM
i'm planning to hit the nearest walmart supercenter at midnight when the street date happens

Dr Unne
03-26-2003, 11:31 PM
I preordered because there aren't any good gaming stores around here. Some sites offer discounts on the price of the game so that the game + shipping = the cost of the game in the store anyways. Plus I wanted it as soon as possible. I got it from Gamestop.

CelesIV
03-27-2003, 11:37 AM
we in europe and sweden have allready got ff origns...... this time you in the states have to wait longer than us and it feels soooooo goood!!!!

Psychotic
03-27-2003, 07:18 PM
Europe AND Sweden? When I last looked, Sweden was in Europe :D

Yeah, it does feel sooooooo good!

DJZen
03-28-2003, 04:02 AM
You Europeans are mean! Must you ALWAYS flaunt your superiority?

Yamaneko
03-28-2003, 06:21 AM
Heh, I promised myself no more RPG's for a while, but I can't pass this up. I have lots of good gaming stores and electronic stores where I live, so I'll just wait until it comes out.

zelda78
03-30-2003, 04:15 AM
well i changed my mind today, due in part my work schedule changed; i'm working the day shift starting next friday (i was working nights since october), and it will make running to the walmart supercenter at midnight out of the question (i'm gonna be tired). Instead, I preordered the game at gamestop today, and will pick it up on the 8th at my convenience (at least I'm off on the 8th, to say the least).

Mattokenzi
04-06-2003, 08:18 PM
I buyed it on the 5th of April the grafics were better then the first 2 games came out it's worth it.

RED MAGES RULE!!!!!!!

the blitzer
04-24-2003, 08:26 PM
I bought it 3 days ago in Game for £20. they had quite a few copies of it. This game was in Kent.

chadmonkey
04-24-2003, 08:34 PM
I think this thread's dead as it's going to be very hard to pre-order Origins now.

Elhaym
04-24-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by DJzen
You Europeans are mean! Must you ALWAYS flaunt your superiority?

*cough* Xenogears and Chrono Cross....

Those two games cost me nearly 60 pounds to import, it's fair I can laugh when we finally get a game before you.