PDA

View Full Version : FFX-3!!! WHAT?!?! It's actually possible?!

Tidus Andronicus
03-20-2003, 02:09 PM
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/389/389967p1.html

It seems like they're branching FFX off into a new series.:D

The artical says:

March 19, 2003 - According to the UK online trade journal Indie Magazine, Square Co. Ltd, in the wake of its extradorinary sales of Final Fantasy X-2, is planning a sequel temporarily called Final Fantasy X-3, IGN learned today.
SquareSoft was unavailable for comment at the time this story was posted.

The recently released Final Fantasy X-2 has been an enormous success, selling a whopping 1.2 million copies in the first day, according to Square Co. Ltd. This is two-thirds of Square's initial shipment of 1.8 million units, an almost ludicrous amount in itself. What's a company to do when its game sells so fast the store counters are still a little warm? Create a sequel, of course.

While no official comment has been made, Square has stated that a sequel, tentatively titled Final Fantasy X-3, is underway for PlayStation 2, according Indie Magazine. More than likely the game will not see release in Japan until next year at the earliest.

To announce a sequel less than a week after a game's launch is not unheard of, but who would've thought Square would develop another sequel for Final Fantasy X. No other details are known about the game, but there were obscure rumors floating around about a game telling Rikku's story, and also of a game that took place six months after the events in Final Fantasy X-2.

Be sure to check back with IGN for more news as it develops.

Because they did so well with the sales of FFX-2 so far, They're thinking about making another one.
:cool: :whoa: Cool and Freaky at the same time. It's very possible, though, making money is the goal of any business. And if they're making a lot of money off one sequel, why not make others.:rolleyes2

Without knowing the full storyline behind FFX-2, I can't make any prediction about what FFX-3 might be about.
We'll just have to wait and see...

Moomba Misstress
03-20-2003, 06:50 PM
Ok NOW they might be going to far....I mean a sequal for the sequal...geez are there any video game trilogies?? :fd:
*tries to think of some*
*can't*
*dies*

EDIT: That is a very interesting theory KimmY, and I think it would work actually...)
*also agrees wth Shivablizzard8*

KimmY
03-20-2003, 08:04 PM
Oooooohhhhhh! Maybe FFX-3 would be... -Fades into a dream-

Yuna and Tidus have a baby... (This is the future so their child is grown up) with Lulu and Wakka's baby... and the two kids are grown up (I said that already...) ...and they have their own adventure!

Rye
03-20-2003, 10:06 PM
I even think thats too far. It's like what can they talk about...?

Paine: Yuna last time it was your story... now it's my story! (@_@ Cheesy!)

(Al bhed friends makes her wear yunalesca type clothing to make her "disguised")

I mean really. I'd like to see what becomes of yuna after ffx-2 though...

Enigma
03-20-2003, 10:07 PM
I think they need to let Final Fantasy X rest and go back to FFVII and make it a sequel or remake for PS2.

Rye
03-20-2003, 10:11 PM
Yeah I agree. I'd like to see a remake of FFIX. How the storyline ended i think is good for sequalizing (if that's a word)

ShivaBlizzard8
03-20-2003, 10:53 PM
From the description of FFX-3, I'm not as surprised by this rumor as I thought I would be. Do you guys remember back when the first news of a possible sequel to FFX came out? The word then was that Square was developing TWO games, then titled simpley "Yuna" and "Rikku." At the time, many of us thought that this meant there would be two versions of the same game, one with Yuna as the main character, and one with Rikku. However, when better news came out about FFX-2, we thought Square had trashed this "version" idea in favor of making one game. Perhaps we just misunderstood - Rikku's game would be the third sequel, to be made if X-2 was successful. Just a thought.
Although personally, I'd rather hear some news about FF12. :rolleyes2

Yuna4Ever
03-21-2003, 12:19 AM
great!, now we have 1 year before Japan gets it, and about 8 months untill we get FFX-2!!!, so while im playing ffx-2 they will have x-3 :grr:

Moshenokoji
03-21-2003, 01:11 AM
*shakes head* hell i dunno what to say. i'll keep buying them i guess.

animee_
03-21-2003, 05:14 AM
a X-2 sequal, i dont know what to say, i havent played X-2 yet and New Zealand has still got a long time to wait

but sequal to FF7 now i think thats a great idea

DarkSerge
03-21-2003, 06:15 AM
I wouldnt mind seeing an ffx3, but i dont see why they wouldnt just release it as a big 3 disc game, but I dont have an opinion yet considering I have not played FFX2 yet

KimmY
03-21-2003, 11:18 AM
-Hopes this thread isn't going to end up like the "is outraged" thread......- :sweatdrop

Tidus Andronicus
03-21-2003, 02:34 PM
It better not, I think this is a good turn of events.

KimmY
03-21-2003, 06:07 PM
Wait... I know what FFX-3 would be like...

Lulu and Wakka would die from some kind of... thing..... and Yuna and Tidus would have to take care of baby-Wakka-Lulu... and Tidus wouldn't be careful and drop the baby in some kind of chemicals... and the baby would grow up to look like Kimarhi..... and.... -goes away to think some more-

Rye
03-21-2003, 07:50 PM
Lol Imagine if in FFX-3, It's Tidus' story again and there looking for yuna who is hidden under some underground lab in kilika .... @_@

KimmY
03-21-2003, 08:07 PM
Lol, Kimahri turned mad and now he's doing experiments on Yuna! :exdee:

:roll:

DarkSerge
03-21-2003, 08:39 PM
A big fight with Rikku and Yuna to see who gets Tidus, maybe it will be a big episode of Jerry Springer, guest star Lulu, the battles would be against the security. :whoa:

Rye
03-21-2003, 08:42 PM
Lol, I bet Kimahri breaks up the fights. Lol imagine Kimhari with a security officer's hat.

DarkSerge
03-21-2003, 09:13 PM
Yep and Measter Mika comes back to life and is Jerry Springer :whoa:

animee_
03-21-2003, 10:04 PM
or what seymour never made it to the farplane and somehow he comes back to get revenge to tidus and yuna

Moshenokoji
03-21-2003, 11:05 PM
Or the whole series just turns into some sex orgy thing. Hell i dunno................i wanna see how they can continue from X-2 first, maybe once we play that we can see why an X-3 is possible

Rye
03-21-2003, 11:25 PM
Lol! Yeah mayb ehte ending leaves things unsaid.

DarkSerge
03-22-2003, 06:09 PM
No wait, you all know who Yuna and Lenne are right they look alike, but maybe it turns out that Lenne was Braskas real daugher, and Yuna was cloned.

Yuna-chan
03-22-2003, 08:43 PM
Or it could be about what Tidus went through while Yuna was searching....or maybe it's going to take off from the secret ending where Tidus disappears

Mikomi
03-22-2003, 11:08 PM
That makes sense, Yuna-chan. Though I would think it was a bit strange given the fact that X-2 has more than one ending. Three as far as I know. A perfect, a happy and a sad one. If the story for X-3 continued from the sad ending it would the other two appear as useless.

Ouch!
03-22-2003, 11:42 PM
Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if Square had this all planned from the beginning. I think they purposely left the ending to FFX open in the first place. I think it was intended to be a three part series from the beginning but they wanted to see how the fans would react to each game first.

Moshenokoji
03-23-2003, 05:15 AM
Yeah thats what i was thinking earlier it seemed like they did have this planned, oh well i need a job to make some cash so i can keep up with Square's games.

Tidus Andronicus
03-23-2003, 08:38 AM
Of course Square had this planned from the beginning, after all they are the masters of the universe, keepers of the past, present, and future!:p

Yea, good idea. Get a job so you can keep up with games. That's what I did, until I got my mind set on going to Japan, now I can't spend a penny without fearing that I wont be able to afford the trip. lol no really, that's pretty much my life in a nut shell.:(

Moshenokoji
03-23-2003, 01:47 PM
yeah but i can't drive yet, i'm gonna try and get my permit this spring and when i turn 16 in oct i'm gonna get my licnese in nov so i can get a job! and keep up with square games :P

leonheart5k
03-23-2003, 06:25 PM
I highly doubt that Sqaure are going to make a FF X-3 I just dont see it to be honest I think all this so far is speculation Sqaure has said nothing about FFX-3 I think its just alot of rumours althow I myself would be happy to welcome the gang back maybe another long journey like in FF X but I would like to see them take some time on this one FF X-2 was out way to quick for my liking I see the FF X series as a side part from the normal series (the next being FF XII) but I would like it althow I find it very veyr doubt I guess we will have to wait till April

Rye
03-23-2003, 09:52 PM
There's three endings? Wow, interesting. They better have an option to view the other endings after you beat the game!

Enigma
03-23-2003, 10:49 PM
I hope so.^^^ Some people call the endings Perfect, Happy, and Sad but I've heard some sites call them Normal, Good, and Bad, who knows?

Moshenokoji
03-24-2003, 01:53 AM
Square likes to challenge us. Look at all the endings in CT and CC. The weapons in FF7, 8 and 10. and Ozma in 9. So if there is more than one ending Square isn't gonna let us see them without a gameshark.

Moomba Misstress
03-24-2003, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by MaGe_P
there are actually 6 endings that i know of.... it's gonna take you forever to get the 6th ending..
If there were that many endings.... what kind of a sequal could you make? Personally I think it's too early to tell if there really will be a FFX-3. :fd:

Legolas_lover
03-24-2003, 07:32 PM
an FFX-3 would be really kool :) but i can't wait for FFx-2
it sounds and looks really good and i wanna play it now
<pouts> oh well..... i gotta wait till summer 2004 till can get it..... damn england :P

nanakixiii
03-30-2003, 04:00 AM
guess we'll have to go through another confusing FF plot!!:)

so, where's FFXII? (i saw the poster... looks like it's gonna be another online game... sighs...:( )

Moomba Misstress
03-30-2003, 04:13 AM
No XII is supposedly coming out on the Gamecube (god save us all), and there will be NO FFX-3 or anything like that, according to Robhung's sources (http://eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31278)....:fd:

Enigma
03-30-2003, 05:37 PM
FFXII is supposed to come out on PS2, that has been confirmed for sure and just maybe Gamecube

Tidus Andronicus
03-30-2003, 07:04 PM
Yea, FFX-3 is very unlikely. And I'm still gonna believe that FFXII will have a release on PS2. I don't think Square should switch systems untill PS3.

DarkSerge
03-30-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Moomba Misstress
No XII is supposedly coming out on the Gamecube (god save us all), and there will be NO FFX-3 or anything like that, according to Robhung's sources (http://eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31278)....:fd:

You never know this may even take before the FFX story, maybe it would be about the Aeons and how they became the fayth, or it could be the merry adventures of Braska, Auron, and Jecht.

Dark Jester
03-31-2003, 02:25 AM
Bleh, can't you all see? Final Fantasy 3 is the coolest FF IMO, and it is SOOOO open for a new one, hell a new world is ushered in by a crazy maniac, as the world tries to ocme to its feet people battle for power, and once again magick is rediscovered! odd how its FFx-3, i think it's a code for Final Fantasy 3 - X!!!!!!! the Xpansion! ok maybe i'm just crazy and liked FF3 too much ;).....

ChibiInuYasha
04-02-2003, 11:24 PM
Bleh, can't you all see? Final Fantasy 3 is the coolest FF IMO, and it is SOOOO open for a new one, hell a new world is ushered in by a crazy maniac, as the world tries to ocme to its feet people battle for power, and once again magick is rediscovered! odd how its FFx-3, i think it's a code for Final Fantasy 3 - X!!!!!!! the Xpansion! ok maybe i'm just crazy and liked FF3 too much .....

How can you have a sequal w/ generic characters??? Oh well...

Moshenokoji
04-05-2003, 01:29 AM
FF3 is RIGHTFULLY Final Fantasy VI. Not to be picky or to tell you what to do, you should really call it VI

ChibiInuYasha
04-05-2003, 02:53 AM
Oh that's what he meant! No wonder I was so confused

NecromancerLesca
04-05-2003, 03:07 AM
Let's think clearly here: if they did have an Final Fantasy X-3, what would it be about? Maybe Lulu's kid could be the hero or something, and Yuna's, Rikku's, or Paine's kids can join into the hunt with him. If they did that, then this Final Fantasy X Saga would never end!

But still, it would be cool if they pulled it off. I highly doubt it though.:mad:

Rye
04-05-2003, 03:03 PM
That does seem hard... Maybe in FFX-3 they will be really technologically advanced like in FFVIII. Like space travel! It just doesn't seem FFX-ish though....

Shlup
04-05-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Pidgeon in the General Gaming forum
Hey, chill out, according to gamespy.com, FFX-3's not going to happen.

Here's the link:
http://www.gamespy.com/previews/march03/finalfantasyx2ps2/index2.shtml

Check out the last paragraph. Sounds pretty conclusive to me...

KimmY
04-07-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by NecromancerLesca
Let's think clearly here: if they did have an Final Fantasy X-3, what would it be about? Maybe Lulu's kid could be the hero or something, and Yuna's, Rikku's, or Paine's kids can join into the hunt with him. If they did that, then this Final Fantasy X Saga would never end!

But still, it would be cool if they pulled it off. I highly doubt it though.:mad:

Exactly like I said! Minus the Rikku n' Paine's kids part. :D

Kupo
04-07-2003, 08:41 PM
I dunno, sequels to any of the FF's kinda scare me... although yes I am looking forward to X-2. I just always saw each story as "final"... hence FINAL fantasy. One of the most exciting parts of a game was the ending that left you like "What?? WHAT?!! What happens next?!!!" I was def. that way at the end of FFX, so even though Im glad they are gonna answer the question of what happens next, I kinda hope that they dont do any more sequels after this one, ya know? Or at least, not an FFX-3, that seems like overkill, hehe.

*hides from everyone who wants more Cloud, Squall or whoever:p *

Rye
04-07-2003, 10:13 PM
*hides from everyone who wants more Cloud, Squall or whoever *

Lol! You better run! I want more of SQUALL AND ZIDANE!
J/K! ;) :D

I heard in FFX-2 it is supposed to be really funny ^.^

Radje
04-14-2003, 01:08 PM
The reason it was called Final Fantasy was that the creator had made many games before and he was thinking of retiring, his last game was FINAL fantasy although he kept it going cos it was so great :) anyway, here in scotland i've heard next to nothing about FFX-2 which is a shame cos i really really want it the story of FFX made me cry lol *isnt shamed to admit it* and i so want to see wot happens with Yuna etc, i'll miss Auron though, FFX-3, just an addition to the magic. Does anyone know is Wakka Lulu and kimarhi etc are going to be playable characters, or even characters!?!

Moshenokoji
04-14-2003, 10:23 PM
Theres never gonna be a Final Fantasy lol. Its just to great and to many people like it to stop it. XII is already in developement for the PS2 and possibly NGC. I dunno if they will ever stop. X-3 might come. If it does i'll buy it lol.

Enigma
04-14-2003, 10:36 PM
Same here^^ but I think X-3 is to far...like, I've said before they should go back and make sequels, prequels, remakes of earlier FFs.

Rye
04-14-2003, 11:39 PM
Same here^^ but I think X-3 is to far...like, I've said before they should go back and make sequels, prequels, remakes of earlier FFs.

Totally! Yeah have to make a sequal to FFVIII! I LOVE that game. And maybe a remake of FFIX

Moshenokoji
04-15-2003, 11:08 PM
a remake of 8? nah!!!! it doesn't need one or deserve one at that. 7 and 10 more or less have the "what happens next ending" 8 has the ok everything is resloved ending. 7 leaves questions like did the planet get rid of all humans and stuff like that and X says, whers Tidus. So i guess those ones do need it to make the story more complete but not 8.

Rye
04-15-2003, 11:12 PM
aww... The world needs more Squall! Oh well ^.^

FF9 I shouldn't really of mentioned. I kind didn't like the ending of it and it kinda sums everything up.

Moshenokoji
04-16-2003, 02:40 AM
More Squall, um no. All he ever said was "whatever" barely ever showed some REAL character, personally i think he lacked personality but thats just me, Zidane rocked all. He was great. Sephiroth had more of a personality than Squall, and we never saw Sephiroth till the end in VII. Since the one you were chasing was Jenova disguised. Firion has more of a personality in squall!!! and thats a down right insult. Crono and Serge do better and they don't speak at all.

ThE dArK oNe
04-16-2003, 08:39 AM
Final Fantasy X-3.... -_-

I'm not worried about the story because with Square doing the job, it will most likely be better than we expect... as all the FF games were beyond my expectations... Especially KH...

Rye
04-16-2003, 01:04 PM
I Like SQUALL and ZIDANE. Anyway...

If they had FFX-3 it should be with a whole bunch of new people, and than at the end you discover they are the original FFX's kids.

Moshenokoji
04-16-2003, 10:16 PM
That would be retarted, just like in FF8 they all grew up in that orphanage, its nothing new and i don't think Square would put us through that again, atleast i hope not. I can see Tidus's kid being just as whiny as he is. So that idea is retarted, sorry i don't mean to diss your idea but i do think its pretty stupid.

Rye
04-16-2003, 10:19 PM
Your always dissin my ideas. Oh well I won't take it personally, because I like everyone to be my friend!

I know it sounded stupid, because I was just tryin to get back on topic, before the mods come.

Kupo
04-16-2003, 10:29 PM
Hey, I've got an idea!!

How about... they make sequels to each of the FF's and then you only play the ones you want to?:)

Peace! Love!:love:

RikkuYuna89, you are my friend!

Rye
04-17-2003, 12:04 AM
Your my friend too, Kupo! :love:

Yeah, I like that idea. I'd play FFX-2,FFXI-2,FFVIII-2! (umm... maybe ffVII-2... I dunno i haven't played it yet)

ThE dArK oNe
04-17-2003, 02:51 AM
How about... they make sequels to each of the FF's and then you only play the ones you want to?

That would be nice. I'd play all of them -_-.

Your always dissin my ideas. Oh well I won't take it personally, because I like everyone to be my friend!

I'll be your friend too. :choc:

Rye
04-17-2003, 03:00 PM
I'll be your friend too.

Yay! Friends!

Umm... If FFX-2 does as good in America as it did in Japan, do you think they will continue with the idea of sequals?

That would be quite a shock though if they did FFXI to FVII. You go from seeing pixels to seeing up close, detailed face like in FFX.

Kupo
04-17-2003, 04:23 PM
That would be so crazy! I dunno, the pixels were part of the fun:D

I would think that yeah, if X-2 does as well here as in Japan, Square would definitely take it into consideration in respect to more sequels.

Hey ThE dArK oNe, does this mean we are friends by assosication? Yay for friends! :greenie:

Rye
04-17-2003, 05:26 PM
That would be so crazy! I dunno, the pixels were part of the fun

Lol, It was a lil funny. I always laughed when I saw squall's face in pixels. His facwas sorta distorted and he looked like he just sucked on a lemon :p

Yay for friends!

YAY!

Kupo
04-17-2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by RikkuYuna89
I always laughed when I saw squall's face in pixels. His facwas sorta distorted and he looked like he just sucked on a lemon

I liked when one of the characters would blink and their eyes would disappear from their face for a moment:p

And if I had to choose FF sequels to play... eh, I'd play them all too:D

Rye
04-17-2003, 09:13 PM
Lol! Yeah, that was funny when their eye's disapeared!

I think I'd play them all too. I played very little of FFVII but my borther says it's really good so I'd play a sequal.

Moshenokoji
04-18-2003, 03:58 AM
I don't see the need for sequels really, the story has been ended so i don't see why we need to continue it.

Kupo
04-20-2003, 03:18 AM
Well see, I dont know if this is confusing, but I agree with that too. The stories end. I dont really see sequels as sequels, but more as "what ifs"... like, what IF FFX didnt end where it did? You know what I mean?

I can accept it if there are no sequels and and can live just fine, but if sequels are put out there I will most likey play them:rolleyes2

Moshenokoji
04-20-2003, 05:54 PM
Yeah, i'll buy them too. I have every numeral release for the PS1/PS2 so i might as well continue my collection.

Dark_Cloud_FF7
06-25-2004, 08:37 PM
a when is the movie the children with thing could comin out?

Dark_Cloud_FF7
06-25-2004, 08:37 PM
opps when is the movie coming out?

m4tt
06-25-2004, 08:41 PM
Please don't revive a thread about FFX-3 to ask a question about FFVII Advent Children. There are plenty of threads in the FFVII forum on that subject.

And please don't double post either.