PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Grand Cross in FF5?

Reine
03-21-2003, 02:47 AM
:chop: :chop: I read on a website that Ex-Death or Neo Ex-Death uses a Grand Cross attack. (Necrons attack.)
Is this true? If so, I have to stop slaughtering monsters and challenge him.

ShivaBlizzard8
03-21-2003, 05:41 PM
Well, yes and no. Ex-Death often does use a "Grand Cross Attack" in your final battle with him, but it does not cause Necrons to attack you. Instead, it inflicts almost every negative status effect on your party, which is why equipping ribbons is highly recommended for this fight.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-21-2003, 10:38 PM
Necron's attack, not Necrons attack. Apostrophes, you know, can make all the difference.

Yeah, Ex-Death originated Grand Cross, although, for better or for worse, he could never make it look as cinematic as Necron did.

eestlinc
03-21-2003, 10:53 PM
Exdeath did try, though. He really did.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-21-2003, 11:34 PM
Yes, he did, making the screen shake and flash with psychadelically streaming colors and whatnot. He pushed his limits very admirably.

Reine
03-26-2003, 11:46 PM
No I didnt mean that it summons Necron to attack, I meant that Necron uses this attack in FF9.

Summoning lots of Necrons?
Weeeiirrrrrddddd.....

Spuuky
03-27-2003, 09:09 AM
This confusion could all have been avoided by the correct apostrophe use at the start. They meant the same thing you did.

ShivaBlizzard8
03-28-2003, 03:51 PM
Sorry, I'm an English major, so I assume everyone uses correct punctuation. I've also never played FF9. However, I still recommend you use a ribbon or face the consequence of beating Ex-Death before you can throw an Esuna at an undead or petrified character and you therefore change the ending sequence because they're assumed dead. ;)

DCI Superfan
04-24-2003, 08:19 AM
That's a pretty dangerous assumption there ;)

Why, though... would whether or not Exdeath has such an attack have any bearing on if you challenged him now?

DCI Forever!!

DJZen
05-09-2003, 10:12 AM
It wouldn't affect IF you challenge him (unless you change your mind on whether or not you want to bear the game) but rather WHEN you challenge him. Leveling up and getting better equipment is almost always adviseable before taking on a boss (ask me about fighting Ultimecia sometime)