PDA

View Full Version : Win Xp Small Business Edition: Problem.

Casey
03-22-2003, 05:03 AM
Yea I cant acess System in the control panel. I cant even change the background on my computer when I 'right click' 'properties'. When I click on those nothing happens, I also tried remote assistance and nothing happens. An in 'mycomputer' if I click on anything under system tasks nothing happens...

crono_logical
03-22-2003, 07:35 AM
Now that's one version of WinXP I ain't heard of before - is it real? :p

Also try logging in as Admin and see if it still doesn't work or not, those functions might be disabled under some user accounts. There could also be some software installed blocking those things, or a virus possibly too.

Rainecloud
03-22-2003, 04:03 PM
I have actually had this problem in the past, but I needed to reformat my system at the time, anyway.

I suppose you can guess what I did to solve the problem.

Dr Unne
03-22-2003, 07:30 PM
The CP can definitely be disabled for non-admin accounts. At the computer lab on campus we can't even double-click the clock to see the little calendar. Try logging in as Admin like c_l said. Assuming Small Business Edition is like Professional Edition, you have to have at least one Admin account.

Casey
03-29-2003, 04:54 AM
I restored my computer. Yea! An it works. My only question now is do I have to install the network adapter all over again? an the speed stream device (shares internet and files with two computer, in which i barely use) all over again? The internet works I guess its plug and play, am I right?

crono_logical
03-29-2003, 08:56 AM
The network adaptar should be installed automaticall,y although you'll need to configure it yourself depending on the info your ISP hass given you. Not sure what a speed stream device is, I just use a normal network card and enable Internet Connection Sharing on the device that's connected to the modem.