PDA

View Full Version : what about later?

idunnoaye
03-22-2003, 12:49 PM
i know that there are people out there like me, they like to play their old games from their nes or master system. what about ten years from now when FFXI's servers are shutdown and u think, i feel like playing that old game that i enjoyed so much. is there any possible way to play without going online or is it a game that u will buy and no that there is no future in it ten years from now?

Bahamut2000X
03-22-2003, 01:24 PM
It is online only. And who's to say it won't be around 10 years from now. Star Craft and Diablo and Everquest servers have been around for anywhere from 5-10 years or so. As long as there are people willing to play it (and there will be) then there will always be a game.

DJZen
03-22-2003, 07:59 PM
yeah, this was my main concern with the game too. I guess we'll just have to wait and see about the longevity issue, but I remain hopeful.

Emotion Sickness
03-23-2003, 08:31 AM
play FFXII instead :P

chappu
03-23-2003, 11:02 PM
Good point, this one has no distant future... Maybe they'll keep the servers for that long, i doubt it, but maybe...Maybe you'll be able to play from a PS3 or PS4, whatever is out then, so theres no concern, I dont know...time will tell..

Shayo
05-17-2003, 01:00 AM
well if u dont want ffXI to shut down or anything like that then play every chance u get