PDA

View Full Version : What FF is the best??

Davis
03-22-2003, 04:02 PM
What FF do you think is the best? I need some votes.

Zifnab
03-22-2003, 04:07 PM
EoFF of course :P

Loony BoB
03-22-2003, 04:08 PM
Haha, EoFF... that's rich. ;D

FFVII.

Rainecloud
03-22-2003, 04:08 PM
Final Fantasy XIX is by far the best. It's so freakin' good, it's not even out yet.

Loony BoB
03-22-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Rainecloud
Final Fantasy XIX is by far the best. It's so freakin' good, it's not even out yet.
I hear it's on a world called Aiyon. :aimsun:

Davis
03-22-2003, 04:11 PM
what the :skull::skull::skull::skull::skull:? XIX??? but anyway, I still think FF9 is the best

Spatvark
03-22-2003, 04:12 PM
This thread was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO wrong...

Davis
03-22-2003, 04:12 PM
Your wrong!

I guess I should have been more pesific. Out of FF I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, and XI

Don't double-post, use the edit/delete button to add to earlier posts plzkthx

Oh, and I was referring to where you made the thread ~ Purgatory

stuffing
03-22-2003, 04:43 PM
this thread should be in genral ff

It is silly ~ Purgatory

Jowy
03-22-2003, 07:29 PM
You forgot Tactics. *votes Tactics*

DJZen
03-22-2003, 08:04 PM
my vote goes to FF Legend, man, you just can't beat that battle engine! :laugh:

Naw, for real though, what criteria are we using to judge "best"? Overall, I like FF1 the best, but as a game I think it had room for improvement. I think FF6 didn't have much if any room for improvement, but it's still second to FF1 to me.

Rainecloud
03-23-2003, 07:18 AM
Seriously speaking, VII is my favourite due to the awesome storyline.

eestlinc
03-23-2003, 10:00 AM
five slightly edges nine for my favorite.

Kimera 726
03-23-2003, 10:58 AM
Close tie between 8-9, and 9 gets my vote.

Big D
03-23-2003, 11:33 AM
Seven gets my vote. I've played 4 to 9, but 7 remains my favourite.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Rainecloud
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hear it's on a world called Aiyon.

Here's the exclusive story on the eagerly-awaited FF XIX:

A young man with nice hair and smooth skin is forced to pick up his sword and fight in an unimaginable conflict, one which will determine the fate of his world. During his perilous journey, he is joined by other young people, all with nice hair and smooth skin. Among them are skilled mages, a cocky thief, and a beautiful yet mysteriously powerful young woman to whom he becomes attracted.
These brave young heroes travel the world, acquiring increasingly powerful weapons, vehicles and magic as they strive toward the ultimate confrontation. That final battle takes place against a succession of superhuman menaces, each more powerful than the last, until the antagonist is finally destroyed in a colossal, multicoloured explosion.

You could almost guarantee that FF XIX is going to be something like this...

El Cid
03-23-2003, 04:31 PM
*LOL* at Big D's probably very accurate synopsis of FFXIX.

Anyway, though I've yet to play through 2, 3, 5, 9, and, 10, my favorite FF is 6. Great music--every playable character, all 14 of them, gets their own theme! Not to mention Kefka's immortal theme song. Best. RPG Villain. Ever.

DJZen
03-23-2003, 10:22 PM
*Considers Big D's plot summary*

OMG, he's right! They're all like that! Most are anyway... The first few were more like "there's this bad guy, and uh.... yeah, go kill him with this group of random people". I'm guessing that soon we're gonna see the end of "a young man with funny looking hair and a big-ass sword and his rag-tag gang of hooligans must fight a spooky man with a mysterious past and a dark secret involving the guy with the big phallic symbol sword". I hope we see a new direction soon. Final Fantasy doesn't seem to contain much of the elements that comprise "fantasy" anymore.... Well okay, I shouldn't talk 'cause FF9 did, and I haven't played FF10, and FF11 is basically a PS2 MMORPG version of FF1.....

Legolas_lover
03-24-2003, 08:19 PM
FF9 gets my vote, but not by far.. 8 is very close! but FF9 was my first and i feel strangely attached to it..:greenie: and you just gotta love Vivi awwwww Vivi and Zidane, can't forget him, he rocks! oh oh and Quina is kool, but Beatrix is kool! and and Kuja! Ok..... i'm gunna shut up now

*Shuts up*.........
well..... until next time n e wayz :):tongue:

Joe 886
04-14-2003, 08:32 AM
ff5 with better grafix will be the best:whoa:

Sephiroth's Mate
04-14-2003, 03:21 PM
FF7 all the way
FF8 sucked ass
i jus couldnt get into the 2d ones even after i completed em they still lacked a hell of a lot for me (except there was a flyable dragon in FF5. pretty cool)
however ten and nine are bothe a close second

by the way does XIX stand for 19 (sorry i really suck at roman numerals past 11 and i can only do that coz of Final Fantasy)

Psychotic
04-14-2003, 06:30 PM
I've completed every single one other than III(which is a work in progress) and this is what I can say

1) FFVII
2) FFIX
3) FFIV
4= FFV
4= FFVI
6) FFII
7) FFX
8) FFI
9) FFIII
10) FFVIII

BUT if FFX-2 and XI were to be included, from my estimations I think I will like FFX-2 pretty similar as I did to X, and XI is EVIL! because MMORPGs are HELLSPAWN!!!!!!!! But it'll still be better than 8.

Davis
04-14-2003, 08:41 PM
hey, speaking of XI, tell me everything you know about it. Anyone! Tell me the plot, characters, anything new, just tell me, i know nothing about XI

chadmonkey
04-14-2003, 09:08 PM
Well Final Fantasy XI is a MMORPG, so the main character is you, you create your plots and you go from there.

Davis
04-14-2003, 09:09 PM
maybe you should tell me what "MMORPG" means

chadmonkey
04-14-2003, 09:26 PM
Sure, but it's better to ask nicely.

MMORPG - (M)assive (M)ultiplayer (O)nline (R)ole (P)laying (G)ame

Davis
04-15-2003, 12:36 AM
k, thanks man, and i have another question please, so, if you dont have a network adapter for ps2, there is no single player mode?

Leo McGarry
04-15-2003, 01:06 AM
I really have to vote for FF8 which is my favourite only just slightly from FF7 which was a fabulous game.
I am playing FF9 at the moment and it just seems poor compared to 8...I just love 8 above all others...
So I hope 9 gets better pretty soon and then i will tackle FFX...I only hear good things about it.

Davis
04-15-2003, 01:41 PM
Ya, I say X is a very very very good game, and just so you know, make sure you get all the treasures in the temples... trust me, this is the only way to 100% the game... well... just make sure you get the HP sphere in the bevelle temple... then you will still be able to

chadmonkey
04-15-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Davis
k, thanks man, and i have another question please, so, if you dont have a network adapter for ps2, there is no single player mode?

As far as I know FFXI is only on-line. No single player mode is available.

Montoya
04-15-2003, 09:56 PM
Final Fantasy VIII

Iori
04-25-2003, 03:20 AM
ACK!!!!!!!!!

I would have to say that i like 9 the best, closely followed by tactics and 8.... tactics has the unruly ability to make me wake up at 3:30 AM to play before school, and 8, because i envy squalls hot body and i wanna jump on rinoa... MUAHAHAHAAH

oh yeah by the way, i would like ot take this opportunity to note the fact that the FFVII song, zefiroth, which (who else, but) Zefiroth reminded me of.. I dled it on kazaa, and i listen to it on a regular basis