PDA

View Full Version : Tidus or Fake Tidus? *there might be a bit of spoiler*

yunie
03-22-2003, 04:22 PM
i have always wanted to ask...
who do u all prefer???
the real tidus or the fake tidus???
there's a picture i attach for u to see who is better!!!
i somehow still prefer the real tidus!!! after all he is the real thing and he is cuter but for the fake tidus... i think he look quite fake and seems to be cold hearted and rather more serious... i like cheerful guys so i would always prefer the real tidus!!! ^^

yunie
03-22-2003, 04:39 PM
ohh!!!i want to ask something... who is that fake tidus?
i really want to know wo is he...
anyone dont mind telling me?

Enigma
03-23-2003, 08:16 PM
His name is Shuin

MaGe_P
03-23-2003, 08:18 PM
yea.. ...i love his name.... and i like him...and i also like baralei

Enigma
03-23-2003, 10:51 PM
How is that pronounced? Shoo-in?

Spira's Cutie
03-23-2003, 11:55 PM
Oh, defiantly the real Tidus!! :love:

:lovers: :kiss:

Moomba Misstress
03-24-2003, 01:00 AM
O the real Tidus, Shuin is ugly...(or at least in that pic hs is) and yes it is pronounced Shoo-in :fd:

yunie
03-24-2003, 07:39 AM
ok...
so his nameis shuin...
sounds like *shoot him* ^^ no offence!!
i read the others thread, is he tidus clone?

animee_
03-24-2003, 10:37 AM
the real tidus is better by far, even tho i know nothing about the fake one, i dont care i will always like the one and only tidus from ffx

oh and i really like baralei (cant remember how to spell his name, if i spelt i wrong, oh well)

yunie
03-24-2003, 10:44 AM
oh!!!
baralai!!!
he's quite cute too!!!
he's in yevon new organization right?
and is he 20 years old? i like the way he looks like and i like his voice(the japanese one) ^^
but still...
tidus is always in my heart!!!;þ

Gambler Rikku
03-25-2003, 11:40 AM
The real Tidus!! :excited:

KimmY
03-25-2003, 11:54 AM
If only Tidus were real...

:roll:

Lionheart12
03-26-2003, 12:56 AM
Real Tidus all the way.

Sheik
03-26-2003, 07:15 AM
Definitely the old real guy I saw before that looks inda japanese but is hot anyway. I don't like the face of the new/fake one they made and he seems to be up to no good although I can't really prove that. So yeah, the real tidus goofy Tidus.

almasy666
04-13-2003, 05:42 PM
I like them both... i think they both look nice.

almasy666
04-15-2003, 09:44 AM
on second thoughts... i prefer Tidus. I just saw an in game picture of Shuin. I think he just looks nice on the one picture.

garnet-dagger82
04-21-2003, 01:37 AM
its tuff to choose, but i prefer shuin.... :), i dont know why, maybe its because..ah, i'll compare:

shuin:
dont know alot about him, but he really loves lenne, and made the venagun machine..is that what it is called? work, which made lenne and himself die, with gun shots
he is cool, yes, i agree, i like his voice, looks also like tidus, or does tidus look alot like him??

tidus:
know alot about him, from zanarkand, and balh etc., really loves yuna, umm..really caring..but his vioce sounds weird, oh that dosent matter, umm...i see him cry in some FMV's, shows sensitivity, i think thats all..

result:
well, from that...umm....i still prefer shuin, even though he caused his own death and the death of his love..., but to me that dosent matter, but he seems mysterious, and to me, thats cool ..... :)

im weird
and its fun to type, isnt it?

~*MaYoNaKa*~
04-21-2003, 02:57 AM
REAL TIDUS ALL THE WAY!!!

And I'm not just saying that because i think Tidus LOOKS better than Shuin (even though he does), but from what I've seen and heard I've come to the conclusions that Shuin is completely INSANE!!

So here's the dilemma for all of you who haven't yet voted as to which one of them is better:

Tidus: Sweet, cute, funny, nicely naive, romantic, upbeat, heroic, strong and non-depressing

or

Shuin: Psycho 1000 year old dead man whos trying to create the next appocolypse cause he thinks it'll make him and his girlfriend happy

You gotta think real hard for that one:rolleyes2

Kimera 726
04-21-2003, 03:05 AM
I prefer the real Tidus. Shuin looks evil and one of the spoiler scenes I saw with him doesn't portray him in a very light way. :eep:

Aeris Gainsbrough
04-21-2003, 06:37 AM
There's a fake Tidus? *shiftseyes.* I didn't know that, but then again, the game's not out in the US and all I got is the intro and a buncha different trailers downloaded on my PC so I don't know >_< but from the pics... the real one kicks ass!

yunie
04-21-2003, 08:51 AM
well....
that wasnt fake tidus but actually someone who looks like tidus from a 1000 years ago name shuin...
square make shuin look like tidus i think is because so yuna would want to try and find tidus... and they'll be story at least...

~*MaYoNaKa*~
04-21-2003, 02:10 PM
Aeris Gainsbrough

I'm so glad there's someone else here who uses fanifction.net (undisputably the best site on the internet!).

For those of you who enjoy final fantasy stories (some long and dramatic, others short and comedic) then instead of waiting years for one update on some small site, check out fanfiction.net where EVERY writer posts their stories.

I too have an account there (penname 'Mayonaka'...original huh?) but i write about Final Fantasy VIII, which I've discovered is not that popular on this forum. The name 'Mayonaka' acutally means midnight in Japanese and I found it from a friend on fanfiction.net who wrote a story based on Final Fantasy X and named Tidus and Yuna's daughter 'Mayonaka'.

Please go check it out if you want. There's over 1000 posts for each final fantasy game. Plenty of X-2 stories as well. Here's the link to my profile:

http://www.fanfiction.net/profile.php?userid=154104

Yunie07
05-05-2003, 03:38 AM
no effence to the fans but Shuin is ugly... heh

the real tidus all the way

:save:

~Laura :angel:

Yunie07
05-05-2003, 04:04 AM

the real tidus all the way

:save:

~Laura :angel:

angel_summoner
05-06-2003, 05:46 AM
hey but shuin is looks exactly like tidus.. if u say shuin is ugly ur saying tidus is ugly too.

fff
05-06-2003, 10:56 AM
i like them both but tidus is always the best:)

Misfit
05-06-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Yunie07
Yes he is.

Originally posted by angel_summoner
hey but shuin is looks exactly like tidus.. if u say shuin is ugly ur saying tidus is ugly too.
No, he doesn't.

*Goes with REAL Tidus*

Shuin
05-06-2003, 12:31 PM
However, they are not same in one mind. They are diffrent individual.

Tidus: From Zanarkand that never sleeps, age around 17 to 18. Vanish from Spira because all fayths stop dreamming.

Shuin: From Zanarkand 1000 years ago before oblivion by Sin, age around 20 to 25. Killed by Bevelle's warrior monks because try to use forbidden machina (Vegnagun)

Somehow, they share same interest in Blitzball section. Both of them are star blitz player.

Plus, both of them had pretty girlfriend. :X

Shuin Maxwell
05-07-2003, 01:32 AM
I prefer Shuin more because he's not the goody goody happy happy type, and I don't prefer heroes that type. Squall was better then Tidus, actually WAY better.

Shuin
05-07-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Shuin Maxwell
I prefer Shuin more because he's not the goody goody happy happy type, and I don't prefer heroes that type. Squall was better then Tidus, actually WAY better.

You mean he is mature than Tidus? Or he don't like to become hero?

Zenshen
05-07-2003, 04:26 PM
Shuin? Not heard about this one before.......

So what's Shuin all about then? What part does he play in the story?

Man, I've gotta keep up to date with these things..... :O_O:

Shuin Maxwell
05-07-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Shuin
You mean he is mature than Tidus? Or he don't like to become hero?

Both. Tidus was also like Zidane, matter of fact FF9 was worse then 8. 8 was better. (No offense)

angel_summoner
05-08-2003, 01:31 AM
tidus is so good looking!! i dunno about u guys but its his happy happy personality that makes me like him!! ( im the happy happy type) ^^ and ur rite... shuin looks more evil than tidus

Trainer_paine
05-08-2003, 02:32 AM
:love: Tidus is cuter!

yunie
05-08-2003, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Zenshen
Shuin? Not heard about this one before.......

So what's Shuin all about then? What part does he play in the story?

Man, I've gotta keep up to date with these things..... :O_O:

shuin is the new character that looks like tidus! he played quite an important role in the game.
because he looks like tidus, yuna started to joined the sphere hunting in order to locate him to get a better understanding if shuin is tidus or not and he is the main villain in the game...
and i have to agree with angel_summoner...
tidus is WAY CUTER than shuin... because of his happy and cute personality!!! you can see that shuin look older than tidus...
WATASHI WA TIDUS-SAN WA DAISUKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>.<

Lenne_510
05-09-2003, 01:18 AM
i prefer tidus ((im nawt calling him REAL becuz he isnt REAL)), even tho HE was the clone of Shuin, nawt the other way around. He was cheery, and i loved that. Shuin almost never smiled. I hated that.. hehe.. tidus is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute

Sayoko
05-09-2003, 03:52 AM
You know...

There are those that say that Shuin is the original Tidus. You know at the end of the machina war when Zanarkand was losing and Yevon sacrificed everyone into fayths so they could create Dream Zanarkand while he created Sin to destroy the real Zanarkand? The fayth probably dreamed Shuin back into Dream Zanarkand as Tidus...

Therefore, if that's true, saying that Shuin's a "fake Tidus" wouldn't even apply.

Shuin Maxwell
05-21-2003, 01:31 AM
Tidus is EXACTLY like Shuin. Shuin acted the same as Tidus before the war, but had turned a darker mood after he was killed. I guess he always needs Lenne by his side.

Shuin
05-21-2003, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by Shuin Maxwell
Tidus is EXACTLY like Shuin. Shuin acted the same as Tidus before the war, but had turned a darker mood after he was killed. I guess he always needs Lenne by his side.

What's your feeling as if you are real Shuin?

Shuin Maxwell
05-21-2003, 03:58 AM
Dude, I just like his character and I'm defending him. That's all, I'm not pretending to be him. That'd pretty retarded. :rolleyes2

IamTidus
05-21-2003, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by Shuin
What's your feeling as if you are real Shuin?
Ok, now that's just plain bad grammer.

Spira's Cutie
05-21-2003, 12:47 PM
Eee! Tidus is suuuuuch a cutie! How could you not love this face?
:love: http://www.speedis.org/advance/images/1843/fmv16.jpg :love:

Scandalous
05-21-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by IamTidus
Ok, now that's just plain bad grammer.

Meaning no disrespect IamTidus, but mabye some people can't help typing with bad grammer. Mabye Shuin doesn't speak English as a first language? Did that come to mind?

Lenne_510
05-22-2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Spira's Cutie
Eee! Tidus is suuuuuch a cutie! How could you not love this face?
:love: http://www.speedis.org/advance/images/1843/fmv16.jpg :love:

i aGrEe!! TiDus iSh kYooTe!! bUht ShuiN iSh sTill dAh "REAL" "TidUs", nAwT "fAke" tiDus :)

Spira's Cutie
05-22-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Lenne_510
i aGrEe!! TiDus iSh kYooTe!! bUht ShuiN iSh sTill dAh "REAL" "TidUs", nAwT "fAke" tiDus :)

Tidus is real! He's right here beside me! *Huggles Tidus* Miiine! ^^;

Shuin Maxwell
05-22-2003, 08:11 PM
Tidus: I got this sword to protect me!

Shuin: It repesents how much tears you cried...

Tidus: HEY!

Shuin: Oh god why do you have such a bad voice actor...it's horrible!

Tidus: You tried to destroy spira!

Shuin: So? Yuna stopped me and I moved on with Lenne. Good luck with your girl, even though your not real...

Tidus: That's it!

Shuin: What are you gonna do? Slap me?

Shuin
05-23-2003, 01:33 AM
Shuin Maxwell, where do you find those dialogue? Very funny.:D

Shuin Maxwell
05-23-2003, 02:49 AM
I just made it up. Very good eh? :bgl: There's more where that came from.

angel_summoner
05-23-2003, 04:40 AM
i like that LOL funnies ^^

make more up LOL

yunie
05-23-2003, 10:54 AM
well...
tidus and shuin do have some common...
they have the same fighting ability, play blizt and of course both of them cried at the ending for their own lovers...

shuin-nearly cried out seeing lenne
tidus-cried for being a dream and cant be with yuna

Go powerful women
06-13-2003, 03:50 AM
I actually have no idea who Shuin is because i live in the USA and we don't get it until sometime at the end of this year i think. (not sure) I actually like Shuin. He looks cool. He has that rough look to him. I also like Tidus because he is happy looking.
Oh well i guess they are both cool to me.

You just whistle and I'll come runnin.--Tidus

I have a question though. When the fayth were dreaming of Tidus did they model him after Shuin or what. I got the impression that Shuin is from the real Zanarkand. I am just blabbering.

yunie
06-13-2003, 10:29 AM
shuin is from the real zanarkand and he is real unlike tidus... T.T i really really LOVE TIDUS~

Final Fantasy hero
06-13-2003, 11:08 AM
That can only be a theory at the moment as Square haven't said anything either way but this might be the proof that confirms this theory. Shuin is the final boss in FFX-2, he uses exactly the same Overdrives as Tidus used in FFX. Blitz Ace, Slice and Dice, Spiral Cut and the other one.

Confedential
06-23-2003, 03:03 PM
First of all, I heard there were multiple endings which could change the very outcome of the game. So wouldn't that mean that it could change whether or not it is the real Tidus? For example, the "bad" ending I heard about could be that it is not the real Tidus, but it is Shuuin (or however you spell it) or the perfect ending which means that it is Tidus, Yuna hooks up with him, and it all turns out for the best.

Greeneyes
06-24-2003, 01:53 AM
I think Shuin only looks evil because you'd look evil too if someone that you love was suddenly taken away from you & you wanted revenge.

Otherwise, if Lenne wasn't taken away from him, Shuin would look exactly like Tidus.

Vengeance twists a person's face as well as their personalities.

Final Fantasy hero
06-25-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Confedential
First of all, I heard there were multiple endings which could change the very outcome of the game. So wouldn't that mean that it could change whether or not it is the real Tidus? For example, the "bad" ending I heard about could be that it is not the real Tidus, but it is Shuuin (or however you spell it) or the perfect ending which means that it is Tidus, Yuna hooks up with him, and it all turns out for the best.

The Bad ending is Spira being completely destoried, the normal ending is Nooj, Baralai and Gippal doing a speech and Yuna having a chance to say goodbye to Tidus probably this time. The good ending is Tidus being reunited with Yuna, this is the real ending of FFX-2 as it continues on from the part of Tidus swimming up that was after the credits in FFX. The perfect ending is Tidus and Yuna talking at the Zanarkand Ruins about why Tidus is back.

So all the stuff you said is wrong and I justed wanted to clear it up so noone gets the wrong idea.

ThE dArK oNe
06-28-2003, 08:13 AM
We know all this before the game even came out... Interesting.

Black_Mage_Andrew
06-28-2003, 12:30 PM
hey look at one of rikku's dress sphere's i have quite a few ^^:) :)

Black_Mage_Andrew
06-28-2003, 12:32 PM
ive pre-ordered the game oh and here's a little screen shot 4 u all :)

Black_Mage_Andrew
06-28-2003, 12:41 PM
just listen 2 it its soooooooo cool

Shuin
06-28-2003, 04:10 PM
Erm... out of topic eh?