PDA

View Full Version : is it the end?

idunnoaye
03-24-2003, 02:11 PM
i finished the game and got to the end title but now its not doing anything it just stays there....do i have to reset and finish again and again or can i play and go back to the towns and stuff??.....whats going on?

Zifnab
03-24-2003, 08:23 PM
Once you see 'The End', that's it. Unless you input a certain button combo, in which case you'll get a game of Black Jack, which is pointless really.

Emotion Sickness
03-25-2003, 08:05 AM
this is ur first ff?

TheChosen1
05-06-2003, 11:30 PM
The fact that all ff's end like this is the only flaw in the game. It makes the side quests kinda pointless because i always do them when i am done the game. For instance if anybody here got n64 and played zelda, the game lets u play even after u beat the boss but final fantasy is like... u save before u fight the boss which every1 does and unless u have saved the same game earlier on another block u usually cant go back and do stuff. Plus doing sidequests while playing the main game is sometimes weird because u want to see what happens and dont want to get ur mind of doing the main quest. But dont get me wrong ff9 is a great game and i still like it, and i did do some side quests.

Night Angel
05-11-2003, 10:05 PM
I dunno, but somewhere I heard a rumor that I you every single sidequest than you get some special ending, but that's not really possibe in the amount of time for one of them, is it? Oh well, it's just a rumor:mad:

PhoenixAsh
05-11-2003, 10:09 PM
The special ending is pretty lame, you get it for owning either Cinna's Hammer or Save The Queen from what I remember. Excalibur II just trashed the game cos you can't get everything in one go, and the game had to be stupidly easy before the end of Memoria.

Night Angel
05-11-2003, 10:17 PM
Really? I got Cinna's Hammer, but I also played on a friend's console and didn't see anything different. Did I miss something?:eep:

PhoenixAsh
05-11-2003, 10:26 PM
Probably, it really is lame. I think you get like two minutes added onto I Want To Be Your Canary. I haven't played FFIX much though so that might need some confirmation.

Kurohime
05-12-2003, 05:38 AM
*gives confirmation*

I agree, the added stuff at the end was like, "Oh. Okay. That's it?" Nothing too mind-boggling or anything. The Cinna's Hammer ending is just that extra scene in the play.

----

But!! If you rename Dagger "OOOSOFT," you'll get the opportunity to get the Elusive Kuja Ending!!!1 (http://www.quad9dyne.com/waat/kujaending.htm) Where instead of Zidane going back, Dagger does and... YEAH!! XD

... and yes, I'm just kidding about the Kuja thing.

Christmas
05-26-2022, 11:54 AM
Not sure if there is new game plus in the remaster. :bigsmile: