PDA

View Full Version : Help with FF1 rom

Chaz249
03-25-2003, 05:39 AM
So I spent the past two weeks to get to the Titan's Tunnel in Final Fantasy 1. My reward? A bad ROM dump.

When I enter the Tunnel, I am stuck on a single square and can't move (there is nowhere to move to!) and can't exit.

I really really really don't want to start this game all over again! Is it possible to use my saved game on a new, hopefully error-free FF1 rom? Does anyone know of a cheat code that will take me to somewhere near the Titan's Tunnel?

Grrr, so annoying. I'm afraid I'll spend the next two weeks getting to the Titan Tunnel all over again, only to discover I downloaded another bad ROM or got myself into another bad ROM dump...whatever that actually means.

Please help!!!

o_O
03-25-2003, 09:01 AM
What emulator are you using? Do you have a savestate/snapshot?
You should be able to convert one to another ROM, but possibly not a battery saved game. You'll be getting a new ROM, so if you're using a savestate make sure you rename the savestate/ROM to match, eg. FF1.001, FF1e.bin should be renamed to FF1.001, FF1.bin.

In summation, you most likely won't have to play through to Titan's Tunnel again. :)

crono_logical
03-25-2003, 02:17 PM
If you use the same emulator, you only need to replace the ROM with a new copy - the battery save will carry across nicely :) You're actually more likely to have more problems with the savestates/snapshots, since they may be in an invalid state due to reading some garbage from the bad ROM, the battery save is safer.