PDA

View Full Version : The worst Final Fantasy

chadmonkey
03-26-2003, 02:51 PM
Which Final Fantasy do you think is the worst? Yes, that's right, if you were left on a desert island, which game would you miss the least; which game would you vote out of survivor; which game would you most likely not go back for if your house is on fire; which game would you most likely use for skeet. You get the picture.

Shoyku
03-26-2003, 03:16 PM
Tactics, I just can't stand that game. I give it so many chances, I try to like it, but-- I just can't. I hate the battle system, I hate how leveling up is a chore, and I hate how tedious going through the first chapter is.

Master.Pug
03-26-2003, 05:30 PM
VIII!

worst story, boring junction system, stupid Magic-Weapon system!
it SUCKA!

Psychotic
03-26-2003, 06:39 PM
Yeah. I'd write a load of complex stuff about FF8 being poor, but I've done it too many times in the past.

eestlinc
03-26-2003, 07:27 PM
11 for sure. Who the hell wants to play ff with other people online. Playing these games is meant to be height of anti-social behavior.

Nait
03-26-2003, 08:18 PM
ASDFKHJGDGOIUHWTL

<big>TO THE GODS I SWEAR, YOU WHO REPLY TO THIS TOPIC, I WILL HAUNT YOU TO YOUR DYING DAY</big>

assfgddddddddd I can't stand this, when will they stop, when will they stop, when will they stop WHEN WILL THEY STOP?! *cries*

Pancaek
03-26-2003, 11:00 PM
Probably 11. I believe that FF's should be normal video games and not MMORPGs.

nanakixiii
03-28-2003, 02:19 AM
Although, most of the people haven't played it yet, I believe FFX-2 is the most disappointing FF EVER!! Aside from cool combat system, the game is soooooooooooooooooooooooo unpolished... The map is all wrong, tons of glitches, no lip-synch, super slow-downs during battles...

ugh, it's the worst... and I was excited too!!

Imperia
03-28-2003, 02:37 AM
It's very hard for me to decide which one was the worst, because I don't hate any of them. However, I will say that FF V was VERY exhausting with all the jobs you had to build up; and FF VIII was poorly written, and it also had the worst FF "heroine", Rinoa (this is my opinion; if you love Rinoa, please don't kill me). I wish they had made her much stronger like the other FF heroines. She should never have been called heroine in the first place. All through the game you had to save that whimpy little ditz! That's what the game all about: Rinoa this, Rinoa that!:mad2:
"Phew!" Sorry, but I had to get that off my chest.

Kimera 726
03-28-2003, 04:40 AM
Say bye bye to tactics. No game of that format needs a tutorial because if it did, it would be a very complex game and IMO it was. I must've went through 2 battles and that was it. It just got too difficult to understand, level up, and master.

edczxcvbnm
03-28-2003, 05:27 AM
FFVIhttp://www.eyesonff.com/forums/images/smilies/flame.gif

Blizzard
03-29-2003, 05:18 AM
http://www.boomspeed.com/ph03n1ks/VoteOne.gif

http://www.boomspeed.com/ph03n1ks/VoteTwo.gif

http://www.boomspeed.com/ph03n1ks/VoteThree.gif

http://www.boomspeed.com/ph03n1ks/VoteFour.gif

http://www.boomspeed.com/ph03n1ks/VoteFive.gif

Well, it appears the tribe has spoken.

Final Fantasy VII Is the Worst FF!

*noddy*

I'll give proof when asked.

m4tt
03-29-2003, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by Shoyku
Tactics, I just can't stand that game. I give it so many chances, I try to like it, but-- I just can't. I hate the battle system, I hate how leveling up is a chore, and I hate how tedious going through the first chapter is.

That is exactly how I feel. >=\

I've fought maybe 4 battles in that game, and I got sick of it. I dun like it.

VIII pisses me off too, I hate Squall.

TidaRalique
03-30-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by edczxcvbnm
FFVI

*sniff* the only reason to view the thread.

Anyways, I couldn't get into IV, III, and II. But other than that, I could only stand watching Tactics, I couldn't really play that game (I'd rather play Vandal Hearts and Shining Force II).

IX, though I do like this game, I could only play it up to the end of disc 2, then it just felt awkward and became boring.

I am one of the few people that loves FFVIII; mainly because of the Galbadia Trio.

DarkSerge
03-30-2003, 08:38 PM
Sage why is FFVII the worst FF

I dont like 5 that much the storys kinda dumb for me so far, oh i just dont like it. Its boring to me. I was going to pick FFXI but Ive never played an online game yet so. Why throw somthing out that we've never tried.

Blizzard
03-31-2003, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by DarkSerge
Sage why is FFVII the worst FF

I dont like 5 that much the storys kinda dumb for me so far, oh i just dont like it. Its boring to me. I was going to pick FFXI but Ive never played an online game yet so. Why throw somthing out that we've never tried.

Why FFVII is the worst FF:

It's highly overrated
The plot just isn't that great. Lots of holes =\
Not to be a graphics whore, but these graphics suck. FFVI has better design then this.

HOOTERS
03-31-2003, 12:42 PM
I liked all the FF's so it's hard to pick one that is the worst because I rate them all about equal except for FFVII which is the best *glares at Sage*.

Having said that I'd have to say I liked FFX the least because of linear plot, annoying mini-games, low difficulty and the fact that throughout most of the game you were just running in a straight line waiting for the screen to shatter every few seconds. There were lots of things I liked about it but I guess I just expected more.

Moomba Misstress
03-31-2003, 01:07 PM
Actually, I agree with Sage. If I had to pick a worst it would be VII. The story line was really slow to me, it was all Shinra this Shinra that, it's like, when are you going to get to the damned point already???? The ending was really boring and I don't think that it ever could have left off to a sequal and I think that ppl who think so may have read into it to much. Plus that is NOT Nanaki, it's like a 1000 years later, Nanaki is probably dead....I think that was like a happy life goes on kinda thing. It was however for me one of the more difficlut FF's and by far the most boring....all the darn training are running around you have to do in order to survive gets really boring really quick. By far the most in any FF, except maybe 1.) Not only was the story line slow on it's own, but all the lving to keep up with the monsters strength made it even slower >sigh< :fd:

DJZen
03-31-2003, 06:39 PM
It's all an issue of perspective. It's all about what people want from Final Fantasy. Some want a huge epic saga, while others want a story that's more person. Some want lots and lots of stats to play around with, others want to just have everything laid out for them. Some want to spend lots of time leveling up and dungeon crawling, others want to get on with it.

I like FF1 for its simplicity, and the combat is deep enough to be interesting.

I like FF2 for its "F*** jobs! Anyone can do anything!" attitude, and how many games have a level 15 fire spell?

I like FF3 'cause it's like FF1 on steroids.

I like FF4 for its brave attempt at a story, even if it gets a bit predictable....

I like FF5 because its pretty much got the cannonical FF job system.

I like FF6 for its story of an epic struggle, and I love how... you don't beat the game until the bad guy has already won

I like FF7 for the materia system. You truely can create any class you can think of! Want a Monk that uses blue magic? You got it! How about a Summoner that uses cover? Done!

I like FF8 for the junction system. It's tricky to be sure, but it's like a fun little combination of FF6&7. I also like the interplay between Squall and Laguna.

FF9-11 I haven't played, ask me later.

MagicKnight Locke
03-31-2003, 07:24 PM
Oh man not another thread like this...
Whatever

For me it was close between ff2 and ff7.

ff2 is just sickening for its story and battle system
ff7 is
1.overrated.Sometimes some1's reason is:Seph rulez
The game rulezz!
2.humans look like somesort of humans made out of 2 parts(palmer,Barret heidegger:i once saw two pieces of palmer apart)
3.Battle system was nothing special
4.Story was good but characters were personality-less
ff7 had great misc though like chocobo.

muchacho
04-02-2003, 12:52 AM
i say ff5, the story was plain and the job system sucked. plus ex-death was a horrable bad guy, i mean all he wanted was to destroy the world, thats not origanal. what do you do when you destroy it? well it was ok but not that good

anyway, i never played tactics so i wont say any thing about that one

BobDarkavenger
04-02-2003, 02:30 AM
I love Tactics. The job system is great, and I didn't find it tedious at all.

Honestly, I think IX and XI tie for worst. Why? I just couldn't like IX. I tried, I beat it, but it just wasn't fun. As for XI, I don't like MMORPGs. I don't have the devotion and time to play those kind of games, and they don't really interest me. I'd rather play FF VI or SOM with a friend.

Rude
04-02-2003, 04:51 PM
My vote goes for FFIV. Simply because I've played the easy type and not the hard type. That might not be the best reasoning... but whatever. I didn't really enjoy the variety of monsters nor the music either. Don't get me wrong however, because I'm positive hardtype FFIV is as fun as a barrel of monkeys. Just my experience with IV so far has been the least desireable of all of the FF's.

Nait
04-02-2003, 04:58 PM
AH! Saatana, hankkikaa ittellenne oikein kunnon helvetin peräpukamat senkin vitun negativistit, saatana!

Grimaldos
04-02-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Moomba Misstress
Plus that is NOT Nanaki, it's like a 1000 years later, Nanaki is probably dead....
It's 500 years, not 1000. And it's indeed Nanaki, since his race can live hundreds of years.

And FF7 doesn't have plot holes. Just because you don't understand the storyline doesn't mean it's poor or has holes. The graphics? I liked them.

Oh, and the worst is FF8 IMO.

Blizzard
04-03-2003, 08:28 AM
Grimaldos, I didn't say I didn't understand the plot, I was saying that there were plot holes.

I wouldn't have said it if I didn't understand it.

Burtsplurt
04-03-2003, 03:44 PM
Of the ones that I have played, probably FFVIII.

And FF7 doesn't have plot holes. Just because you don't understand the storyline doesn't mean it's poor or has holes. The graphics? I liked them. ~ Grimaldos

I don't understand a lot of FFVII, but it's stil my favourite game. Makes it more interesting.

DelightfulSpekkio442
04-03-2003, 06:32 PM
FFV. Granted I only played the emulator version that wasn't quite translated, but the job thing is confusing and tedious, and I feel like no matter what I'm doing I should be doing something else. The graphics are pathetic compared to VI, the story is weak compared to IV, and there's far too many random battles.

~MJE~

Joe 886
04-10-2003, 07:34 PM
FF6 is so boring:eep:

MagicKnight Locke
04-10-2003, 08:08 PM
Amazing.From the looks of things i think ff3 is the best ff.Just lok at it!It has no votes whatsoever.Clearly the best ff:D

Joe 886
04-10-2003, 09:09 PM
FFtactics is the worst :chop::chop::chop::chop::chop:

~*MaYoNaKa*~
04-14-2003, 03:23 AM
It's hard to pick one i hated the most, since i found them all pretty enjoyable, thus explaining why i spend my nights on the internet posting on a final fantasy forum. But i do have a few things to say on the matter of what everyone else posted:

I agree, to some extent, that FFVII was WAY overated. Though i didnt expect much considering it was realeased in the days when characters with hands that look like hoofs was considered good graphics, i still found it kinda dull compared to others.

Then again, i have to admit, that one of the things that attracted me to final fantasy in the first place was, not only the storylines, but the graphics. Thus explaining why i am so inpressed with FFX and FFX-2 despite the encredibly linear gameplay.

And here's the golden one. I HATED FFIX!! I didnt even bother to finish it i got so bored! The last battle machine-thingy kept killing me so i gave up and havent picked it up again since...that was two years ago. From begginning my Final Fantasy integration back when FFVIII came out, i was accustomed to the tedious task of leveling up, and i appreciated greatly the new idea of having each character with different jobs, but i still found it more aggravating than ever! I suppose it was because i couldn't force myself to get into the story. And if you dont like the story, you just dont care what happends next.

I can't comment on FFX-2 yet since i have yet to purchase it when it comes out in North America, but considering that i found Yuna and Rikku to be two of the most annoying characters Squaresoft ever made, i'll have to see wether it is worthy of my praise. Though my curiosity has been peaked as to why Yuna's putting on a pop concert and why Tidus is randomly running with her then getting shot. Aww shoot...i guess i answered my own question. I'm already into the storyline. Damn publicity.

Sephiroth's Mate
04-14-2003, 03:57 PM
if anyone thinks that the story to ff7 has plot holes then look at the damn forum thing for it its all written down nice and neatly. if you still think it has plot holes after that then take your head out your ass play it again!!!

ff8 sucked ass the story is worse than the any story for any game by any company, all the characters had exactly the same story "oooh we were raised together but forgot about it" you call that a story, the F**KING mr men books were deeper than that, and as for the junctioning crap oooh i hope heads rolled for that pile of crap

Erdrick Holmes
04-14-2003, 04:12 PM
2 was the worst.

To those who voted 8 to be the worst. *gives finger*

:chop: :chop: :chop: :chop: :chop: :chop: :chop: :chop: :chop: :chop: :chop:

Enigma
04-14-2003, 05:53 PM
FF8...bad story, Squall aka "Whatever" and Rinoa are annoying.

Psychotic
04-14-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Sage
Why FFVII is the worst FF:

It's highly overrated
The plot just isn't that great. Lots of holes =\
Not to be a graphics whore, but these graphics suck. FFVI has better design then this.

This may be a bit late, but all that came from a Zelda fan, I mean, sheesh.

Originally posted by locke lionheart
1.overrated.Sometimes some1's reason is:Seph rulez
The game rulezz!
2.humans look like somesort of humans made out of 2 parts(palmer,Barret heidegger:i once saw two pieces of palmer apart)
3.Battle system was nothing special
4.Story was good but characters were personality-less

And FF8 isn't overrated? Although, I do admit the "Seph rulez" thing is moronic. As for the graphics, it's called 1997. Technology wasn't that good then. As for the battle system, Materia was one of the best, if not the best Final Fantasy battle system.
And as for personailty-less characters, *cough*FFI*cough**cough*FFII*cough* *cough*FFIII*cough**cough*FFV*cough**cough*FFVI*cough**cough*FFVIII*cough*

Characters with no personality is a main-stay of FF! only IV,VII(well, most characters did), IX and X(again, not all chars, but some) managed it.

Blizzard
04-15-2003, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Psychotic
This may be a bit late, but all that came from a Zelda fan, I mean, sheesh.

And FF8 isn't overrated? Although, I do admit the "Seph rulez" thing is moronic. As for the graphics, it's called 1997. Technology wasn't that good then. As for the battle system, Materia was one of the best, if not the best Final Fantasy battle system.
And as for personailty-less characters, *cough*FFI*cough**cough*FFII*cough* *cough*FFIII*cough**cough*FFV*cough**cough*FFVI*cough**cough*FFVIII*cough*

Characters with no personality is a main-stay of FF! only IV,VII(well, most characters did), IX and X(again, not all chars, but some) managed it.

People like you make me mad.

Lexy
04-15-2003, 12:15 PM
lol maybe no one has dissed III because only 8 ppl have played it. haha jk, nowadays I guess lots of ppl have. III rocks my world; I'm glad that no one is saying it sucks.

I liked 9 a lot while playing it, but in retrospect it is my least fave, just b/c it has no innovation or anything really memorable.

Blizzard
04-15-2003, 01:54 PM
Psychotic: Oh and I'll let you know, I'm an FFVIII fan. *awaits further flaming*

Enigma
04-15-2003, 01:54 PM
Lexy, Final Fantasy III is VI, isn't it?

Sage, I'm a FF VII fan.

Grimaldos
04-15-2003, 02:54 PM
Geez, people, FF7 doesn't have plot holes. Tell me something you THINK it is, and I'll give a explanation (unless you don't want spoilers)

Lexy
04-15-2003, 03:27 PM
FF III is VI??? what????????

Psychotic
04-15-2003, 06:11 PM
People like you make me mad

Funny that, because usually I can't stand Nintendo fans or die-hard FF8 lovers.

muchacho
04-15-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Lexy
FF III is VI??? what????????

the game with terra and locke is ff6. it was released as ff3 in the states, but it is actualy ff6

Montoya
04-15-2003, 09:50 PM
I like all the FF's. The one I enjoyed the least was FFVI.

Lexy
04-15-2003, 10:08 PM
OH! Well, of course I was referring to III. That's the one that hasn't gotten a vote as the "worst". lol why would I call a game the wrong name......
Anyway...III rules!

Blizzard
04-16-2003, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Psychotic
Funny that, because usually I can't stand Nintendo fans or die-hard FF8 lovers.

Or is it just the fact that you can't accept anyone with a different opinion to you? I'm not a Die-Hard FFVIII lover, I've only just gotten into Nintendo, so maybe you should lay off the comments until you can learn to accept people with different opinions.

Lexy
04-16-2003, 01:24 AM
word

Psychotic
04-16-2003, 06:21 PM
Or is it just the fact that you can't accept anyone with a different opinion to you? I'm not a Die-Hard FFVIII lover, I've only just gotten into Nintendo, so maybe you should lay off the comments until you can learn to accept people with different opinions.

Now isn't that just a tad hypocritical? You said yourself "people like you make me mad" Obviously there must be a reason, and in my post if I remember rightly I said I didn't like FFVIII or Zelda. That is all. You are mad at people like me because of this fact, as that is the only real information about me I gave.

So don't give me any of this "tolerate everyone's opinions" when you can't do that yourself. Or is it one rule for you, one rule for everyone else?

Calvin
04-17-2003, 11:43 AM
I'd have to say that VIII was my least favorite. Now granted, I've only played V, VI, VII, VIII, and X...but I think the main reason I didn't like VIII was because I've played it three times, and every time that I've gotten to Ultimecia's Castle....I just didn't care anymore. Every time! I still find that strange. And the junctioning system was far too tedious.

muchacho
04-17-2003, 12:18 PM
dont you hate it in a final fantasy when you get to a surten place and you dont feel like playing the game any more for a long time, and then you start playing again and your like "why did i stop playing?"

Psychotic
04-17-2003, 06:12 PM
Happened to me with FFV. And I got FFX in between, and I could be bothered to complete that, even though I like FFV more. Weird... but I guess it's cus FFX is more pretty, and easier. FFV was just frustratingly hard, but rewarding, and that's why I love it :D

Erdrick Holmes
04-18-2003, 03:35 AM
Psychotic: Oh and I'll let you know, I'm an FFVIII fan. *awaits further flaming*

Ahemn brother FFVIII is the best FF.

*runs

Calvin
04-18-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Akumaou812

*runs

That's simply your opinion. The problem with this thread is that people mistake opinion for fact, and they retaliate because they're opinion is different from the "fact". You simply can't state that VIII was the best, or that Tactics was the worst. Because there's no way to prove it. Well......I take that back. They ONLY way that you could prove it is if every person on the entire planet agreed with you.

Psychotic
04-18-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Akumaou812

*runs

Runs? what, you think I am going to decapitate you or something cus you like FF8? Nah... it's your choice, and not my problem.

They ONLY way that you could prove it is if every person on the entire planet agreed with you.

And to that I say "Ahemn brother" (though I think I mean amen... :D). And blatantly the entire planet does not agree - I for one do not, and look at the *current* results of the poll - FF8 getting whooped! hee hee!

MagicKnight Locke
04-18-2003, 08:46 PM
And to that I say "Ahemn brother" (though I think I mean amen... :D). And blatantly the entire planet does not agree - I for one do not, and look at the *current* results of the poll - FF8 getting whooped! hee hee!
Psychotic you did not think you would get away with this without me interfering now did you?First of all i ain't a die hard ff8 fan.I like ff.It seems you are more like a "die hard ff7 fan".I've never seen you say 1 bad word about ff7 while i have said atleast 3 things and that f8 is not really 11/10.You seem to call other people die hard ff8 fans to protect your favourite game from being hurt.So what if ff8 is getting whooped?It is just a stupid poll,geez and because no one has voted for ff3 would make it most pls favourite game but it isn't.
Oh and psychotic i have seen you a lot of times giving very ridiculuos reasons why you hate ff8.
I am sure all of the world don't have to agree with you because u dont like ff8.

Psychotic
04-19-2003, 11:37 AM
Psychotic you did not think you would get away with this without me interfering now did you?

Nope, I knew it was only a matter of time, and when I read who the last poster was, I already knew what It'd be about

First of all i ain't a die hard ff8 fan.I like ff.It seems you are more like a "die hard ff7 fan".I've never seen you say 1 bad word about ff7 while i have said atleast 3 things and that f8 is not really 11/10.

You're not!? That suprises me, I mean, you always "interfere" whenever I say naughty things about it. Bad stuff about FF7? ha ha - The character graphics out of battle are abysmal, some of the music is irritating, the battle music is annoying, Aeris is annoying, not much character interaction, Wu-freaking-tai as a whole, a lack of a MAJOR minigame(like the card games or somehting), quite a bit of the translation is off "these guy are sick" and some parts of the plot were confusing and weren't explained well.

Happy? I still think it's the best game ever, though.

You seem to call other people die hard ff8 fans to protect your favourite game from being hurt.So what if ff8 is getting whooped?

I did NOT call anyone a die-hard ff8 fan. I said I hated them, and a die-hard FF8 fan is someone that goes around dressing up as Squall and the like - and I sort of thought that that was your kind of thing. I didn't. actually accuse you of it, I kept this view to myself. Obviously, I was wrong, but hey! I'm only human...

It is just a stupid poll,geez and because no one has voted for ff3 would make it most pls favourite game but it isn't.

Oh dear, now this is very bad. A "stupid" poll, huh? But this is people's OPINIONS and now you are undermiming their opinions by calling the poll stupid - as a poll is a collective group of opinions. And no, FF3 wouldn't be made people's favourite FF - this is because it is people's LEAST favourite FF, and for all you know, it could be everyone's second to least favourite FF.

Oh and psychotic i have seen you a lot of times giving very ridiculuos reasons why you hate ff8.

Share them with me, by all means, I am curious to hear all these "ridiculuos reasons" that I have been spreading.

I am sure all of the world don't have to agree with you because u dont like ff8.

Yes, and so am I. Your point being?

Big D
04-19-2003, 11:57 AM
Calm down, people. Anyone can hate anything they choose, it's only a problem when they expect everyone to agree, or try to force their opinion onto others.

Of all the FFs I've played (IV to IX inclusive, that is), I'd have to say that V had the least impact on me. I could give reasons, but I don't want to needlessly irritate the fans.

I've enjoyed every FF, to a greater or lesser degree.

*doesn't vote*

the tortured one
04-20-2003, 06:14 AM
At final fantasy 8 I got to Ifrits dungeon or someplace like that and stopped. I watch my little brother play (y'all know him as Muchacho Marc) and For some reason The story didn't grip me. Not to say that it was bad, but I just didn't take to it.

In FF5 i got about halfway through the game and stopped. I dunno but i just lost interest in the story.

Obsidian
04-27-2003, 03:27 PM
Wow, funny how someone can know what's in a thread before even clicking into it, isn't it?

I have a few pounds of beef with Tactics. The first and most solid reason is that I just did not like that story. Second, a game series called Shining Force on the Sega Genesis on Saturn did the concept much better. People throw away that opinion because they have an automatic descrimination against all things Sega. Either that or they have played it, but like FFT more because it has a more complicated battle system; which must make better games in their book. Shining Force I and II are good plays, but Shining Force III has a story greater than 3/4 of the Final Fantasy games.

I think the main FF series (I-X) was pretty great, and that's why I came to this forum. Some lack in some departments and hold strong in other departments while others are vice versa.

Mr. Graves
04-27-2003, 03:44 PM
Wow. From my observation, 95% of these 'best FF ever' or 'Worst FF ever' end up erupting into flame wars, over unnecessary defensive-ness or just being unwilling to expect other people' opinions. How sad.

No FF is bad in my opinion. Although If I had to pick the worst I'd probably be FF9, even though it is a really fun game. I thought the gameplay was too simple, and the only mindbenders in the game (besides Necron) were the side quests.

All FFs have been great, but I founf FF9 to be the least spectacular.

muchacho
04-27-2003, 05:23 PM
from what the polls say, everyone likes ff3j

Shoyku
04-27-2003, 06:02 PM
Or, not enough people have played it. I mean, you can't hate what you didn't try out.

Psychotic
04-28-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by muchacho marc
from what the polls say, everyone likes ff3j

Not necessarily. Everyone could hate FF3, BUT they could hate another FF more. For all we know, all the people that voted on this poll have FF3 as their second most hated. But, that is not true as I have voted on this poll and FF3 isn't my second most hated.

Reine
04-28-2003, 11:02 PM
Final Fantasy 4 was bad compared to 5 and 6 but I say it is a game that isnt on the list (Or anywhere else on the site that I know of)

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest.
Sucks bad.
The worst SNES Final Fantasy.
Babies could finish it.

Storm
04-29-2003, 01:26 AM
The one thing I admire about all final fantasy games is that they quickly grab my attention and I become addicted for several days. You could say it is the final fantasy charm.

However, Final Fantasy 8 is the only one that has failed to do this. The battle's are so long and extremely boring at times. I can't stand the magic system and the junctioning. As I have said before, drawing magic is the exact same thing as say stealing a "bolt plume" or "poison fang" from an enemy and then using it on them. A very stupid modification to a battle system that I greatly enjoyed in Final Fantasy IV.

Iori
04-30-2003, 06:33 PM
X-2.... the first, and hopefully last FF sequal.... sequals to ff games need not be made...

and i love tactics.. its addicting... but it pisses me off too often to be my favorite..

Iori
04-30-2003, 06:44 PM
and oh yes,LULU IS MY WIFE

:evilking::evilking::evilking::evilking::evilking::evilking:

some day, when FFXVIXIVXIVIXVIXIVXIXIVIVIVIVVVVXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx comes out, you will be able to summon characters of the games of old... like.. summon vivi and hell come in and blow something up... then trip over his own feet, then leave... or summon a summoner..... lol you summon a little guy in a green cape and a penis-shaped heaband, who in turn, summons Bahamut, who in turn kills all your enemies, then they both leave.. or the one that takes the cake... summon Sephiroth.. the screen flares up, and sephy flies up from a fissure in the ground, with tattered dragon wings (we must give him wings, because hes awesome) and then he gives your foes the finger.. and when he does... they die

MAUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa *cough cough*....... *goes back to bed*

Psychotic
04-30-2003, 06:58 PM
I agree with you on FFX-2, in that sequels really do not need to be made.

Iori
04-30-2003, 07:30 PM
yes.. the evil double-posting.. despite my horrible habbit of doing it, iv only been barked at once... i dunno, maybe it doesnt bother people as much as i thought it would

zacks_clone
05-01-2003, 12:21 AM
hehehe.that'd be coooool.go sephiroth!

Iori
05-01-2003, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by zacks_clone
hehehe.that'd be coooool.go sephiroth!

yer damn straight *nods*...... i havent even played FFVII, but i might as well have made the game myself, from the ammount of the game has been spoiled over time

masterauron
05-14-2003, 09:42 PM
FFIV was a little tedious but FFVIII:o takes home the crown on terms of boredom.

PhoenixAsh
05-15-2003, 12:13 AM
Most criticisms of VIII I've heard have been unjustified, not just in here, everywhere.

VII isn't overrated, in my opinion it's highly underrated, best game ever.

IX or X for worst.....it's a tough one. Well IX had lame characters, lame battle system, lame mini- games with no rewards. X had some great characters, some characters that should be shot, burned, revived, hacked to pieces then fed to mice. The mini-games in X were torture put simply, and if you weren't forced to do them, they were necessary to get anything decent. The battle system was better than IXs but still nothing special.

I'm gonna vote for IX cos if nothing else X was pretty, and you actually were rewarded for spending hours being tortured.

Kurohime
05-15-2003, 07:02 AM
I also think FF7 is overrated, but I still love it.

I don't hate any FF, but if I had to pick the one that I enjoyed the least, it would either be Tactics or FF5. Both I couldn't get into as much as the others...

Book
05-15-2003, 09:38 PM
I voted FF3, simply because we haven't got an offical english realese of it yet.

Flashback
05-21-2003, 04:35 PM
FF V, that is absolutly the worst of the series. The story is so confussing. I don't get it really. And all the battles, sometimes, the battles doesn't make sense. And that is what I really hate.

remi07
05-21-2003, 10:58 PM
I.......Hate.....FF1.
That game sucks ass. It was so boring. The dialog was corney too. The characters had no personality. the monsters are so easy to beat its rediculous.

playaGAW
05-22-2003, 06:20 AM
they all are gruped together meaning there is no worst for me after my top 3 since they all become the same after that. So Ijust picked 4.

Linus J
05-24-2003, 03:28 PM
I have only played ff1, ff6-ff10. and I got bored of ff1 and ff6, I havent played through whole ff10 yet, but atleast I'm not bored enough to stop playing.

I got more bored of ff6 than ff1, so I'm going with ff6, too many characters.

Magai
05-27-2003, 04:05 AM
IMO I think FFX has to be one of the worst FFs. Most of the characters suck especially the main character, what kind of a main character is a whiny little whimpy fighter, Blitzball player, I mean BB was cool everything else wasn't. The Sphere Grid I didn't like that at all, I thought it was stupid sure you can make you characters really customizable, but hey you can do the same thing in 8 with their stats and make anyone the strongest character, they just made it worse by putting all good sthings in spheres. I hate the plot, it all had to do with religion, going around praying at temple blah blah, boring. The villians blow Seymour in particular just another lost and idiotic soul who is insane like and doesn't really get what he's doing, all while looking like he was shock 50 times. The summons, most of them are stupid, worst were Yojimbo wannabe Odin, Anima that thing is just soo demonicly horrible and ugly, Magus sisters, I don't want to get started there. All in all 10 just is dissappointing. lso FF5 wasn't so hot either. It's just a final fantasy nothing really specia about it, and a serious lack of playable characters.

Ravin
07-28-2004, 06:32 PM
Final Fantasy Nine sucked. I hated it. I only liked two characters: Vivi and Freya. The storyline sucked and the lead characters were dumb so in my opinion, FFIX is THE WORST Final Fantasy game EVER.

m4tt
07-28-2004, 06:52 PM
Please do not revive threads that have been dead for over a year.