PDA

View Full Version : I GOT FFX-2!!

nanakixiii
03-28-2003, 02:28 AM
So, my dad went to Japan in the middle of march and my brother and i asked him to buy FFX-2 and ZOE2 (or ZOE2: 2nd Runner). So, on 2-23-02 at around 12:30pm... he arrived!! YAY!! Since I have original ZOE and watched all of the clips of ZOE2, I played FFX-2. The first movie was cool (esp. when the FFx-2 logo come up), but i was like, "rock music concert? Is this spira?"

So, I played a little bit more until I went to mission in zanarkand. By then, I noticed these things:

1.) mission completing? how ummm... stupid
2.) no FF fanfare at end of battle
3.) cool combat system
4.) major slow down
5.) map doesn't correspond to the actual field
6.) glitch
7.) horrible horrible lip-synch
8.) animation sucks
9.) the plot is sooo messed up
10.) Yuna with guns...ugh
11.) longer load times

So, I quit, and booted the ZOE2 disc... and now, I just can't stop playing this high speed robot action!!!!!! It is sooo cool. Instead of wasting money on FFX-2, I recommend buying ZOE2. It's soooooooo cool... (esp. Xtra missions and vs. mode). The Unidentified Flying Sensation... aaaa.... it was a dream come true (ZOE2 would get 9.6 from me)

I was very disappointed... How about you? I'm happy with the cool new combat system, but that's it... (FFX-2 score: 8.2)

Anyways, let me hear your side of the story

DJZen
03-28-2003, 04:17 AM
calling things gay is hella gay

Mr. Graves
03-28-2003, 05:34 PM
I'll rent FF10-2 anyway because it could be another Kingdom Hearts. (Which sucked!) Plus the idea of a DIRECT sequal to a FF is new, so I'm apprehensive of the new game.

ZeZipster
03-28-2003, 08:02 PM
I'm mad at Square for messing Yuna up, but if FFX-2 doesn't make it to well I think Square may be inclined not to create a sequel to other FFs (Which may or may not be a bad thing).

Levian
03-28-2003, 08:20 PM
I don't think I would have liked FFX-2.... it sounds pretty uneccesary and yuna with guns? what's the point with that? I f you want to see girls with guns and almost no clothes , then buy tomb raider or something :p

and using "gay" as a negative word is pretty lame....
it is nothing wrong with being gay :p

nanakixiii
03-29-2003, 01:15 AM
what are you guys/gals talking about? "gay" is completely acceptable word... according to the first definition (therefore the morst reasonable) in webster's dictionary,

gay (adj.) cheerful; happy

so, i don't know why you guys/gals are fussing about it...

it's not like i'm discriminate against homosexual person...jeez

although, i don't think they should get special rights in US... (where homosexual population is extrememly high compared to other parts)

anyways, i just want your opinion ON FFX-2!!! (not on the word!!)

DanteColdAndKicking
03-29-2003, 03:07 AM
so how bout the word fag. see. fag. FAG!!! :banme

Shoyku
03-29-2003, 03:37 AM
Not necessarily, nanakixiii, the term gay is no longer considered as an expression of happiness. It's been ditched a while back and is mainly associated with homosexuality. Just admit it, you meant homosexual gay. 'Cause "1.) mission completing? how happy..." just sounds weird.

nanakixiii
03-29-2003, 09:43 PM
as you can see, i was being sarcastic about the reply (duh!!)...

this isn't some political forum, IT'S FINAL FANTASY FORUM, FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!!!

I didn't make this thread to talk about political rights and stuff (there's already enough of that in our miserable lives):D

OK, i'll edit it, happy?

anyways, i just want to hear about ffx-2!!!!!!!!

Shoyku
03-29-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by nanakixiii
OK, i'll edit it, happy?
Quite.

nanakixiii
03-30-2003, 03:41 AM
lol:D

sorry about that...

NOW GIVE ME YOUR OPINIONS, SERIOUSLY!!! I'M TIRED OF THIS!!

yunie
04-03-2003, 12:00 PM
well...
to my opinion is...
the square staff didnt make alot of effort in ffx-2...
coz i think they are busy with ffxii...
the battle system is cool but kind of trouble for changing jobs(dress sphere) and u have to learn alot of abilities which i dunno which one to upgrade it... ^^;;
as for the music... i think is not that suitable for the game but some songs are nice like 1000 no kotoba coz it just suites for the couple, lenne and syuin when being shot too dead by the military or watever u call them... its just so sad... i cried seing them being separated like that... :cry:
as for the story i think is kinda interesting but just that if u miss out or do something else it will effect your story and i prefer that there would only be one story!!!
all i like about ffx-2 is the graphics, story, battle system, and the characters except that they changes yuna's personality and the costume which is like... u know... to funky i think... ^^;;
is just my opinon so no offence, k? ^^

Shlup
04-04-2003, 07:42 AM
Using words like "gay" and "fag" as insults isn't okay here. Stop it and stay on topic or face the wrath of... stuff.

Rye
04-05-2003, 07:38 PM
OK BACK TO TOPIC!!!!

I hope that there ins't a glitch in the american game. Porbably not, cuz' even though we have to wait longer, we get the safer game.

Also nanakixiii, your lucky. For one you can understand the japanese game, and two, I doubt my dad would go to anotehr country to get me a game. I wanna learn japanese!

Paine6969
05-03-2003, 04:45 AM
Id like to learn Japanese too...even though im 1/4 to 1/2 japanese i dont know very much.

eternalshiva
05-03-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by DanteColdAndKicking
so how bout the word fag. see. fag. FAG!!! :banme

Fag is actually a slang word for cigarette!

lol

quistis
05-28-2003, 11:34 AM
hello i think yuna with guns is soo kool why wont you people except that its kool anyway i think the new game will be even better because girls are the main characters an yah i think the jap game will be less great because they get it b4 us so it obviously isnt gunna be the greatest finished project and also i have heard that the games will be different in a sight way but i dunno but anyway just because of what you say should stop other peepz from buying the game
p.s robot type games are stupid:whoa:

ZeZipster
05-29-2003, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by quistis
hello i think yuna with guns is soo kool why wont you people except that its kool anyway i think the new game will be even better because girls are the main characters an yah i think the jap game will be less great because they get it b4 us so it obviously isnt gunna be the greatest finished project and also i have heard that the games will be different in a sight way but i dunno but anyway just because of what you say should stop other peepz from buying the game
p.s robot type games are stupid:whoa:

Go play Lara Croft then. I want the normal Yuna back, not the one made to attract people like you. I say what I say because It's my opinion, It's my opinion that Squaresofts selling out. It's no coincidence that all the males from the past FF are gone and the brand new dress up system, ah screw it... YOUR PLAYING THREE GIRLS GOING AROUND CHANGING CLOTHS EVERY BATTLE! It pisses me off they'd do what they are just to make a quick buck.

Post Post: YOU BASH MECH GAMES AGAIN I WILL DESTROY YOU WITH MY GIGANTIC RED-EYED ROBOT!

quistis
05-29-2003, 10:14 AM
hey ill dis robot games as much as i want and just because most of you sexcist fags out there cant deal with a woman taking over thats why your thretened i think its great and so do most other girls guys have had the spotlight for ages and lara croft is a crap game its pointless SO :skull::skull::skull::skull::skull: YOU

Spira's Cutie
05-29-2003, 10:53 AM
I don't mind Yuna with guns or what she wears. I think it's cool, also. I like different things and I'm definetly sure I'll like FFX-2.

And have some of you ever stepped outside to see what girls today are wearing? Seriously, it's not like Yuna is naked. So her leg shows and her arms show. ...Okay, and a little clevage.. but still, if you haven't played the game, then don't judge it by what the characters are wearing. PLOT PLOT PLOT! That's all that counts, IMO anyways. If you want to play the game because the girls are dressing sexier, then go do your thing and stop complaining. And if you think Squaresoft just ruined the whole Final Fantasy series, then don't play FFX-2. Just pretend it never came out and continue onto FFXII and so on. xP

And don't you think the Lora Croft thing is getting a little old? I've been hearing about the 'Yuna Croft' ever since FFX-2 was mentioned. >.<; Come on, it's been said over and over. Can't we just get over it?

quistis
05-29-2003, 11:23 AM
i totally agre great way of sayin it spiras cutie
YOU RULE

Spira's Cutie
05-29-2003, 11:30 AM
Thanks, I guess! xP

ZeZipster
05-29-2003, 10:06 PM
hey ill dis robot games as much as i want and just because most of you sexcist fags out there cant deal with a woman taking over thats why your thretened i think its great and so do most other girls guys have had the spotlight for ages and lara croft is a crap game its pointless SO :skull::skull::skull::skull::skull: YOU

You need to shut-up. You can't spell worth shit and your making random assumptions. I don't feel threatened in fact it's quite the opposite I find it pathetic that any body who played any FF would want this game. There has been TONS of games with females as the main character before. You obvisoully are to busy doing dishes to look for them. Samus has been around for ages. The majority of the people designing Yuna are fat-balding Japanese guys who want to sell to other fat-balding Japanese guys with out going Hentai.

yuna~forever
06-02-2003, 07:34 AM
hey there.em....i'm new to this 'place'.so,don't mind if i say a few words?:D
i am a die-heart fan of FF8 and FFX.although the fact that i don't hav a PS2,but i have the FFX movie and i've already watched it for a hundred times,and i even know how to play the songs on piano.:p well,i was quite dissapointed with the new yuna,at first.but then,i thought,if square wanna 'make' yuna like this,y not accept it and we may see the 'positive' side of the new her.after thinking about it,i am now 'in love' with FFX-2.u guys may think that i don't even hav a PS2 and never played the game b4,so y bother listening to me.but,remember,i loved FFX as much as all of u does.
so,think about it......and we all will love the new yuna....;)
and by the way,i really like to learn japanese......anyone can help here? :)

quistis
06-02-2003, 08:35 AM
no you need to shove your foot in your mouth. insulting me about spelling isnt gunna insult me get a life and at least find something worth ripping me off abouti ahvent played final fantasy 1 2 3 4 5 so i cant go of them but in 6 that is one female lead so NO RANDOM ASSUMPTIONS FROM QUISTIS. I aint trying to threaten you, i never threaten people and you've played ff and you wanted this game SO YOU ARE JUST AS PATHETIC AS YOU THINK OTHER PEOPLE ARE! and we havent experienced this game as of yet so QUIT TRYIN TO RUIN IT FOR US . yes there are millions of games that have women as the main characters but no many final fantasy . IM DOING DISHES?, THAT IS SOOOOOOOO LAME COULD YOU BE MORE LAME?? do i care who are creating these characters? NO i just care that they are good qualitie and worth the money and THEY ARE

Blizzard
06-02-2003, 08:48 AM
Quistis, I think you should calm down before you get yourself banned.

Blackmage
06-02-2003, 03:29 PM
Everyone needs to can the insults. They get nothing accomplished other than annoying other people and getting threads off topic.

Anyway, I'm still mixed about my opinion of the game so far. It's either going to be really cool or monkey-flung poo; given that the females are relatively scantily clad, though, reduces my opinion of it(Even if Yuna's hot, it doesn't mean it'll be a great game.). I'll still play it since it's FF and Square Enix.

ZeZipster
06-02-2003, 06:02 PM
do i care who are creating these characters? NO i just care that they are good qualitie and worth the money and THEY ARE

and you said:

cant deal with a woman taking over thats why your thretened i think its great and so do most other girls guys have had the spotlight for ages

You obvisoully don't understand, it's not a bunch of empowering feminists who are creating the game, it'sa bunch of Japanese perverts from the looks of it. Get your idols straight. I don't care that Yuna is the main character, hell I 'd of liked FFX better if Yuna was the main character, because she was awesome. The fact that she use to summon awesome creatures and is now using a gun pisses me off. She used to be subtle but now she's wearing practically nothing. You think she couldn't of been the star of FFX-2 with out her old cloths? How often is it that people have changed cloths in the FF series? After all the heart-break, accomplishments, and catastrophies they damn near NEVER changed cloths. But obvisoully Square wants to make a little side profit off of perverts who'll buy the game because of a half-naked Yuna on the cover.

Bahmant zero
06-02-2003, 08:42 PM
well quistis and zezipster you too should calm down, but quistis stop trying to make aguments for god sake, everyone is allowed an oppion.
anyway back to the subject, im discusted to even call this a final fantasy, as ff10 didnt need a sequal.
its good to have a female, hero, heck i even liked yuna in the original but now its only female characters. ff10-2 has now gone too far to even call itself a final fantasy. final fantasy isnt about 3 females dreesed like whores to sell the game equiped the the most moden guns when they was banned only 2 years ago while singing jpop. the charactors dont have any real background, nor age, or even a surname and the change in character personallity is unbelivable to accept. its quite obvious that its just a game buy fat balding pervs to try and make the new lara croft. well if they want that, make a new series and dont kill final fantasy with this modenising cashh-in crap. well thats my little rant anyway...

chappu
06-03-2003, 02:22 AM
What the hell are you all on about?
I havent played FFX yet, but it sure looks good, besides coming back to Spira is great! And I like Yunas new costume and the guns idea, there were gunners in other FFs now there is one here.

As for you people telling others to play Tomb Raider cause they like FFX-2's look:
1.Tomb Raider is a great game series, so yeh..
2.People are talking about FFX2, not TR, so why bring it up?
3.I dont think Square "copied" Eidos on Lara's look, just cause a woman holds a gun doesnt make her related to Lara, after all, what about Trinity? :P

Anyway, stop flaming, it just shows the stupid side of you...

PS: Fag also meant a bundle of sticks in some dictionaries :P

ZeZipster
06-03-2003, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by chappu
What the hell are you all on about?
I havent played FFX yet, but it sure looks good, besides coming back to Spira is great! And I like Yunas new costume and the guns idea, there were gunners in other FFs now there is one here.

As for you people telling others to play Tomb Raider cause they like FFX-2's look:
1.Tomb Raider is a great game series, so yeh..
2.People are talking about FFX2, not TR, so why bring it up?
3.I dont think Square "copied" Eidos on Lara's look, just cause a woman holds a gun doesnt make her related to Lara, after all, what about Trinity? :P

Anyway, stop flaming, it just shows the stupid side of you...

PS: Fag also meant a bundle of sticks in some dictionaries :P

1. Tomb Raider is NOT an RPG.
2. Because Squaresoft doesn't make the TR series, their selling out.
3. The comparison is frequently made because it's a good one.

Why is it I get the feeling Squaresoft could do any thing and you people would support it?

chappu
06-03-2003, 03:35 AM
1.I never said TR is an RPG, its a 3d Adventure, and a good one at that :P
2.No, no, again people are talking about FFX2, I know who makes TR...
3.Its not a good one. Apart from her holding guns and being a girl what is another similarity?
Lets make a table:

Lara Croft:
1.Wears shorts and a minitop
2.Wears glasses
3.has long hair in a pigtail
4.is a tomb raider, a relic hunter

Yuna:
1.Wears hotpants, a half-skirt and a top
2.doesnt wear glasses
3.short-ish hair that hungs loose
4.was a religious figure, a summoner

I cant see any similarities...
If we start saying Square stole Lara's looks off Eidos Int. we may as well say Fox stole looks of Trinity from Lara, Pokemon is a rip-off Digimon, etc.
So stop arguing, each character is unique, noone stole anyone.

Aznkid0002
06-03-2003, 11:04 PM
Hmm I think FFx-2 is gonna come out rite n nice. i saw alot of movies n clips for it.it seems nice. also wats wrong wit yuna wit guns?? I personally dont like lara craft thou... FFx is great Ffx-2 will be nice also . at least i hope so:tongue:

ZeZipster
06-04-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by chappu
1.I never said TR is an RPG, its a 3d Adventure, and a good one at that :P
2.No, no, again people are talking about FFX2, I know who makes TR...
3.Its not a good one. Apart from her holding guns and being a girl what is another similarity?
Lets make a table:

Lara Croft:
1.Wears shorts and a minitop
2.Wears glasses
3.has long hair in a pigtail
4.is a tomb raider, a relic hunter

Yuna:
1.Wears hotpants, a half-skirt and a top
2.doesnt wear glasses
3.short-ish hair that hungs loose
4.was a religious figure, a summoner

I cant see any similarities...
If we start saying Square stole Lara's looks off Eidos Int. we may as well say Fox stole looks of Trinity from Lara, Pokemon is a rip-off Digimon, etc.
So stop arguing, each character is unique, noone stole anyone.

They have one key similarity, the fact that they were made to attract perverts. Don't tell me FFX-2 isn't made to attract perverts. All males happen to leave your party, Yuna's cloths disappear (No it's not because of her pilgrimage, I won't believe that, think about all the times people changed cloths in past FFs, very rarily), and the fact that three girls go around changing cloths every battle.

quistis
06-05-2003, 03:51 AM
ok im sorry everyone for flaming up but here are my opinions

if you dont like all women dominating this game DONT BUY IT

if you think this game is made bye perverts for perverts let the perverts buy it
but bear in mind that the makersd also put a lot of thought in the making of the (battle system, storyline ect.) and that it is a true art and if you dotn think it is make your own games and see hwo great they turn out

and there is one comparision between lara and yun (i played the games and compared them

and it is thye both have guns and use a similar technique of shooting them

ok i sead that without swearing WOOOOOOOOOOO

IamTidus
06-05-2003, 03:55 AM
Yeah and a big difference between Yuna and Lara is that Yuna is more sweet and wholesome then Lara.

kishin7
06-06-2003, 08:28 AM

1.) mission completing? how ummm... stupid
2.) no FF fanfare at end of battle
3.) cool combat system
4.) major slow down
6.) glitch
7.) horrible horrible lip-synch
11.) longer load times

Agreed with most of those. Heh. Just mainly the lip-synch and the glitch. Man I swear, the glitch I saw was like WTF! In Kilika where the Camera man was and went back to that screen and all I saw was the surroundings and the camera floating in the air....

The japanese version is buggy, hopefully they'll fix up the american one a bit. With better lyp-synch, FFX american didn't have that bad to lip synching, it's rather pretty good in my view.

Greeneyes
06-11-2003, 08:12 AM
Hi, I'm fairly new to these forums ( & to gaming) but I've been following some of the threads. Here's my opinion:

I think there's nothing wrong with female leads. But I think the main problem is taking a game like FFX (where there were both male AND female leads) and then suddenly changing it to all female leads. Suppose we suddenly take Tomb Raider (which I haven't played) & made Lara an unplayable, sitting-along-the sidelines-type of character & made a Man as the lead.....what would be the reaction be like? Or if we dump Charlie's Angels & replaced them with Vin Diesel (XXX), Brad Pitt & Tom Cruise, who go around with a badass attitude & kick women around? I feel many pple, 'specially girls, will feel uncomfortable with that. That's perfectly natural to feel that way. Just as it's natural for pple to feel uncomfortable when all the male leads in FFX are removed & replaced with female ones. Human beings, in general, don't like changes.

So, it's not abt having a game with female leads but changing an existing FFX story's playable characters to only one gender. I don't think it'll be a problem to some pple if they came up with an entirely new FF game with only female leads rather than replacing the males of an existing FF game.

To be honest, I don't really like the idea of a sequel. I liked it when Tidus swam up from the deep sea at the end of FFX. This keeps the mystery going. Like an X-files mystery, you'll be on a constant high by always wondering if Tidus really did exist or was he just a dream. The sequel FFX-2 takes away this mystery. It's like in FF8 where you're always wondering how Raine
really died or if Squall really is the son of Laguna. Altho' there were plenty of clues & theories, there were no definite answers. And that's part of the fun of FF. I think sequels spoil this fun. But I also understand that some pple like sequels bcos they just can't stand mysteries. They would rather just get it over with. Fortunately, I am not one of those pple.:tongue:

Bahmant zero
06-11-2003, 11:00 AM
greeneyes, i think you hit the nail on the head :)
and i agree with erverything you say. i fresh view always helps.

Kupo
06-11-2003, 03:40 PM
I agree with you too, Greeneyes. I always loved any mystery at the endings on the FF's, it made me play the game over and over hoping to find some clue to let me in on what the ending might be all about. And yeah, it is a little suspect to take a game series with all male leads (up to the point) and then replace the entire party with just women. I'm not saying its a bad thing, but yeah, it is a drastic change. But despite it all, nothings gonna stop me from playing it anyway, heehee :moggie:

quistis
06-20-2003, 06:22 AM
so green eyes what you are saying is that its like how supposedly guys arent allowed to hit girls so they make girls hit guys i think that girl nto being able to be hit by guys is wrong and i dont see what is wrong with this woman being the dominating characters in this and its mostly guys complaining girls have had to put up with the main character guys on the sont y through stupid dumb ass cloud MOOSY GAY PRIK squall and WHINEY CHEERLEADER BUY tidus SO DEAL WITH IT YOU :skull::skull::skull::skull:IN DUMB SHITS JUST CAUSE YOUR TESTOSTERONE ISNT LEADING IN THE GAME GET A :skull::skull::skull::skull:IN LIFE AND BAN ME IF YOU WANT CAUSE I SWEAR THIS SI THE GAYEST FORUM I HACE EVER BEEN TO I FOUND A BETTER ONE CALL FFX2.NET AND THEY RULE SO :skull::skull::skull::skull: YOU ALL:mog:

quistis
06-20-2003, 06:25 AM
OH AND ANOTHER THING IF YOU ARE NE OF THE PUNCES THAT THINK WOMAN BEING THE MAIN HAARCTER IS GAY YOUR GUNNA BUY THE GAME ANYWAY SO STOP COMPLAINING

Leeza
06-20-2003, 07:10 AM
Quistis, I think you should calm down before you get yourself banned. - Blizzard

Everyone needs to can the insults. - Kuja Highwind

well quistis and zezipster you too should calm down, but quistis stop trying to make aguments for god sake - Bahmant zero

Anyway, stop flaming, it just shows the stupid side of you... - chappu

Why is everyone being a mod-whore instead of using the warn button? All of the insults and flaming in this thread stop here.

Leigha
06-21-2003, 02:56 AM
[[off-topic for a sec.--well.... i've never seen a thread go from game opinions to dicussion of what's acceptable language back to opinions to an argument over spelling and who's insulting who... kinda dissappointing to see.... :( ]]

Well... in my opinion... I'm anxious to see FFX-2 I hope to see more of the new-age RPG's (if that's what you wanna call 'em) But i think square should maybe stay a little closer to their roots sometimes, for old time's sake if nothing else. back to the crystals and the fantasy world theme. I think that that would indeed be great, if they could make a compromise, and maybe start a series of re-makes of the old ones, and sequals and such, but keep on with originals (ffxii and such) with the original "final fantasy" that way they're applying to two different tastes.

Greeneyes
06-23-2003, 04:32 AM
Poor quistis.

You failed to understand my previous posts.

so green eyes what you are saying is that its like how supposedly guys arent allowed to hit girls so they make girls hit guys i think that girl nto being able to be hit by guys is wrong and i dont see what is wrong with this woman being the dominating characters in this and its mostly guys complaining girls have had to put up with the main character guys --by quistis

You lack the ability to undestand that what I was saying is that it's alright to have female leads.

I think there's nothing wrong with female leads. But I think the main problem is taking a game like FFX (where there were both male AND female leads) and then suddenly changing it to all female leads

So, it's not abt having a game with female leads but changing an existing FFX story's playable characters to only one gender. I don't think it'll be a problem to some pple if they came up with an entirely new FF game with only female leads rather than replacing the males of an existing FF game.

See?

It's just that it makes pple uncomfortable to suddenly wipe out certain lead characters (or make them unplayable). I actually like Tidus & Auron. Tidus's cheerfulness is great as is Auron's 'strong, silent but deadly' father-figure. And I simply adored Yuna's sweet, innocent, feminine gracefulness.

In FFX2, all of this has been taken away suddenly. It would have been alright if it was entirely
new FF game with completely new all-female lead characters who go around kicking butt. But you, quistis, seem bent on misunderstanding this. You seem to really want to believe that this new FFX2 game is some sort of gender, male vs female war thing.

I won't force you to believe what you're incapable of believing. I won't tell you that it's not about male-female issues. I won't tell you it's all about the complete character distortions that bugs many of us. I won't tell you these things bcos I already know you don't have what it takes to understand them.

CAUSE I SWEAR THIS SI THE GAYEST FORUM I HACE EVER BEEN TO I FOUND A BETTER ONE CALL FFX2.NET AND THEY RULE

You're wrong. EOFF forums are the best I've ever seen. The pple here are generally friendly and helpful. FFX2.net would be a better place for the likes of you bcos they have like-minded people. They seem more interested in the 'girls, let's kick the male's butts'- estrogen poisoned femi-nazi freaks rather than appreciating a FF game for the beauty of it's story & characters. To me: EOFF forums RULE.

I'm genuinely sorry you got kicked out of here but you had it coming. You let gender issues distort your mind rather than appreciating FFX/FFX2 for what it really is: A great game with a beautiful love story.

Shimka
06-25-2003, 05:25 PM
i know this is sort off the topic of FFX-2 but, i'm still giving you a opinion, so what the heck........
i'm Japanese, so i have played many games that they didn't bother translating, compared to all the games i haved played before, FFX-2 SUCKS!!!!!!

Bahmant zero
06-26-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Blackrose
FFX-2 SUCKS!!!!!!
yup, i totally agree. i dont like 10, and 10-2 mocks me. This game makes square seem ashamed or embrassed about finalfantasy histroy, games, and traditions so they made this cheep atempt at "modenising". well if somethings not broke dont fix it...

ZeZipster
06-27-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Psychotic
Ze, as he doesn't like to be called, is a genius. We should all bow down to him.

Although I have never played it, I currently hate FFX-2. Why? because Square is so blatantly embarassed by it's heritage.

Final Fantasy X:

No World map

"Oooh, it's more realistic!" Yeah, right. But I tolerated this.

No Levelling up

"It's customisable!" No, no it isn't. But I tolerated this too.

A Direct sequel.

"I wuv Yuna! she is soooo kewl!" Yes, and the idea is moronic, but still, I tolerate this.

Female main character

"It's a step in a new direction" Be that as it may, Squsre is still trying to shake off it's heritage, but still, I tolerate it.

A Job-like system with no Dragoons.

At this point, my patience snapped. Just what the hell is wrong with Squaresoft? They've taken out jobs that have been there from the start, and from FF3 and FF5. Yes, there would have been a lot, but frankly some of the ones they took out is just sheer stupidity.

No Dragoons, No Red Mages, No Monks, no Geomancers(I'd like to add they were there from FF3 you anti-geomancers you!)

And what are they replaced by? Gunners? What the hell is the tactical advantage of a gunner? It shoots things? Is that it? And then a Dark Gunner? oh no, the bullets are going to be dark! OK, I just learned that they can learn enemy skills. So they are basiclally Blue Mages. So why not call them Blue Mages? No wait, that's not "kewl" enough for Square.

There was only one good new job class, which is Songstress/Popstar, because it combines elements of Dancer and Bard, which makes two weaker classes a bit better.

And have a look at Rikku (http://www.ffinsider.net/ffx2/pix/blackmage.jpg) as a Black Mage. That's no Black Mage!

THIS:http://www.finalfantasyfive.com/bartz/blackmage.gif is a Black Mage. Yes, it does look like Vivi... But surely Rikku can't change into one of those? Oh yeah? THIS:http://www.finalfantasyfive.com/reina/bare.gif is Reina, a nice girl from FFV. She can become a black mage at will, thus:http://www.finalfantasyfive.com/reina/blackmage.gif All characters from FFV can, so why can't Rikku do it? I'll tell you why. It's because Square is embarassed of it's heritage.

I will buy FFX-2 certainly, but currently it is only because it is a Final Fantasy. Yes, that is the wrong reason to buy it, so what?

Bahmant zero, You have the same idea as Psychotic. I think your both right. I'm abandoning Square-Enix. They disgrace themselves, with filth like X-2, because they are obvisoully only attempting to get idiots like quistis. They are ashamed of the fact that they made good wholesome RPGs like FF5 (which I bring up because it had a job system).

Bahmant zero
06-28-2003, 09:13 AM
i think ive finally giving up on square now, i think i'll stop buying final fantasy, becasue to me its dead. the realms of swords and magic have been replaced by rock music, whores with guns and no features, and all those rikku fans drive me nuts. all she does is where stupid belts that are ment to be clothes while flailing her arms in the air repeatively whinning "yunnie" and "ya know?"

Enigma
06-28-2003, 09:06 PM
This is off topic but blah, this whole thread is off topic:

Originally posted by Bahmant zero
the realms of swords and magic have been replaced by rock music, whores with guns and no features,

Not exactly...if you've seen the opening FMV of FFXI (which sadly is going to be online), it's filled with magic and swords and it reminds me of the Lord Of The Rings, even though I've never seen it.

And FFXII doesn't look like it'll have much rock music or whores with guns if you've seen it's work. It has the designer of Vagrant Story, so I can't possibly picture whores with guns in this.

What I'm trying to say is, yes the game might suck, a lot. But at least it's not a full Final Fantasy, and only a sequel to FFX. The upcoming Final Fantasies (without the -2 or -3's) seem to bring back the "realm of swords and magic".

So it's pointless to give up hope of something over ONE game, which isn't even gonna be part of the main series.

Bahmant zero
06-29-2003, 09:21 AM
i have seen ff11's fmv, its quite good
*possiable but i doubt it spoiler*
you see turu turus chanting and then a blue spark goes flyng up into the air and loads of massive holes open in the sky and metors come slowly crashing down over a herd of monsters, its cool, where as ff10-2 is not. i spit upon rikku's grave. why did they wait until now to make a sequl, espially a crap one to a crap game.

Rinoa Heartilly
06-29-2003, 07:24 PM
I haven't seen any glitching, and my eyesight's ok so...
The plot's great too...the only thing that might be a downside...if you REALLY want to know the plot...you sometimes have to go out of your way...and you have a lot more freedom now...which i like...personally

I was wary of this 'new' idea but i'd say give it a chance it might surprise you

so imho this is a 'mighty fine' game

TakaX2
07-15-2003, 02:04 AM
i agree with quistis. dont dare try to stop raging mad pissed off worse than hell people or well start kickin ass. we got our own opinions and are willing to defend them.

You are Seifer! You're a bad-boy (or bad-girl) loner whose cool, surly image can be very intriguing to the opposite sex. Deep down, you feel really screwed by the world in general. It's like no one understands who you really are. Even you.

Greeneyes
07-15-2003, 10:09 AM
No offense but the moderator should delete the above 2 posts. This thread has too much anger & negativity. Shouldn't gaming be enjoyable?

Bahmant zero
07-15-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by TakaX2
oh F*** you bahmant zero. just cause your F***ed up and couldn't find a good game if it F***in hit you in the face doesn't give you the F***in right to dis the best games ever created. so just shut up asshole!!

hmmmm this seems as pointless as my last post (which i acciendtly posted in the wrong board cos i had 3 ff forums screens open) what are you actually trying to say? that i should f*** off beacuse ff10-2 is the greatest game in creation but i dont agree? and i have found quite alot of good games that i doubt someone with such a closed mind like you could find because it dosnt invlove yuna in drag. And why am i not aloud to not like ff10-2? have you played it either? even if it does turn out good no game will ever be the best game in creation.
and dont double post, theres an edit button. please use it.

TakaX2
07-15-2003, 12:41 PM
It seems people don't agree with my latest posts, so I'll explain.

First, I agree with Greeneyes, gaming is supposed to be enjoyable. I'm also glad you find the two important words here. No offense. If people say 'no offense' I don't take it personally. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but if you do bashing, like saying someone is gay or something sucks, you have to take into cosideration how others may feel. I personally use 'no offense' any time I bash unless I'm extremely angry.

Second, to bahmant zero. You have your own opinions. Forums are for talking about games. If you don't like FFX and claim to hate FFX-2 even though you've never played it, then don't look on FFX and FFX-2 threads. If you have a problem with the games, complain to square. If you want to post that you don't care for a game or character, you can say so, but don't rant and rave about them sucking because most of the people posting on the thread like the game. How would you feel if one of your favorite games was being unfairly rediculed because someone found they didn't like it? There are certain games I hate too, but my response is to sell it or lock it away somewhere. Personally, I hate Seymour (no offense), a character in FFX. I say so, let others see my opinion and then let it be. There's no need to make others angry. Overall, if you don't like a game say so, respect other people's opinions, and then leave it alone. I do not have a closed mind, I only know my opinions. I have not played FFX-2, but know a good deal about it and assume it will be good like FFX. I don't judge games as awful or sucky unless I've played them. If I don't think I'll like a game, I don't buy or rent it. Simple as that.

I am normally a very calm person, but I do get angry and let the cause of my anger feel my wrath.

Greeneyes
07-15-2003, 05:57 PM
TakaX2, I think Bahmant zero does have some valid points about why he thinks FFX2 sucks. Others, such as Blackrose have also played the game & she also has concluded that the game sucks.

But u may want to notice that he doesn't attack any one particular poster on this thread at a personal level. Nor has he lowered himself to using vulgarities..such as a$$hole or f**k. He disses the game, the characters (eg Rikku) & Squaresoft. He, like others here, has stated, in his earlier posts, why he doesn't like it ( eg No World map No Levelling up, etc). But he did not directly bash any particular poster on this thread for playing the game. You, however have bashed him at a personal level & below the belt. Sure, he ( & others) may have been a little 'over-passionate' in a couple of posts about those who buy/play FFX2 but majority of his posts have been about the game itself & not the players. At least he didn't name names or pick on any particular nick on this thread.

If you don't like FFX and claim to hate FFX-2 even though you've never played it, then don't look on FFX and FFX-2 threads.

This can also be thrown back at you. For instance, it can also be said that if you don't like people saying negative things about the game, then don't look on FFX and FFX-2 threads. Go to those fansites where only the good things are said about the game.

But I'm not asking you to go away from this thread. Nor am I flaming u. I merely believe that you could be more constructive by instead focusing on why the game is good rather than bashing a person for saying why he thinks the game is bad. Focus on highlighting the positive things about the game or on what Squaresoft did right about the game. This is a much better way to counter someone's bad opinions abt the game.

So the point I'm trying to make is: bash/praise the game but not the players.

For example, assume that someone may like Yuna the summoner in FFX but may feel that in FFX-2, her image as a graceful, feminine yet powerful girl has been perverted into a skank with guns & that she's no longer powerful bcos she can't summon aeons anymore. However, notice that this person did not mention that Yuna's image has been changed to please the perverts. i.e. bash or praise the game/characters/company but not the ones who play the game.

If someone says something bad abt the game, counter it with something good abt the game. Let's not counter it by lashing out at that person just becos we can't control our anger. Let's not lower ourselves to hitting posters at a personal level. Too much of that goes on in real life already. Must we do that in gaming too?

Tidus
07-17-2003, 07:57 PM
i think the people who say ff isn't worth it anymore should get the hell out of the forum!, especially quistis

ZeZipster
07-21-2003, 03:46 AM
Tidus, quistis was pro-FFX2. I think your confused. BTW, I think people are entitled to their own opinion.

Paine6969
07-21-2003, 05:14 PM
Everyone Has Their Own Opinion And They Have A Right To It I Think FFX-2 Will Be Good But Other May Not Thing The Same As Me And Thats Alright Thats What Makes This Stuff Interesting Getting Two Diffent Points Of View On The Topic. So I Think The Insults Should Stop And Get Stuff Back To Normal

TakaX2
07-21-2003, 05:23 PM
People are misunderstanding me. Many times I say things I don't really mean. I was simply aggravatted that some people said they hated FFX and FFX-2 for certain faults such as slutty clothes or leveling up. No offense, but I didn't care for Rikku's clothes in FFX and really don't like her clothes in FFX-2 and believe they went a little too far on Yuna in FFX-2, yet I look past those things and judge the game as a whole (plot, enjoyment playing, etc.) I found I loved it. Although I did not mean anything I said, some people found my words offensive although I was joking. I apologize to any who were offended and ask for them to forgive me. I am usually calm and slow to anger but I was having a bad day and was particularly touchy. FFX is my favorite game and I believe FFX-2 will be too.

Aya Nekoneko
08-01-2003, 01:45 AM
I'm willing to give FFX-2 a chance, although I'll admit that the thought of a Final Fantasy not being... well, final sort of rubs me the wrong way. But then again there are 11+ Final Fantasies out right now which makes the entire concept of a final Final Fantasy null and void, ne?

Anywho, I don't wanna form an opinion of a game before even playing it (I tend to easily sway... regarding opinions) but I personally think it'll be good. No Final Fantasy has, IMO, ever bombed. There were great ones and merely some good ones but none of them were horrible, methinks. Anywho, waiting to get the game when it's released. =D

JEdi
08-02-2003, 10:00 AM
Instead of wasting money on FFX-2, I recommend buying ZOE2.

First off, BLASPHEMER!

And secondly, it is a Final Fantasy game. Enough said. Put all the misconceptions about Fat balding Japanese guys, and bad lip sync aside. Square wanted something different, and they got it. As a final fantasy fan it is your job to take it or leave it.

Well, at least that's how I see it.

Bahmant zero
08-02-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by JEdi
First off, BLASPHEMER!

And secondly, it is a Final Fantasy game. Enough said. Put all the misconceptions about Fat balding Japanese guys, and bad lip sync aside. Square wanted something different, and they got it. As a final fantasy fan it is your job to take it or leave it.

Well, at least that's how I see it.

so he must buy it cos its final fantasy, but then he has a choice of take it or leave it?

anyway, jusy cos its final fantasy isnt good enough, call me crazy but the game has to be good too and square can only take a repuation so far before distroying it -and this is it. its not my job as an ff fan to buy every little bit of crap that they put on the market, just look at MQ *shudder* a ff fan should support the good games and coment on the bad so they can improve there games, im getting tierd so i cant be bothered to rant anymore but that comment was just flamebait, and yuna looks like a a new member of a the cheeky girls, i dont see much final fantasy in this game they might as well be done with it and turn it into action and call it tomb fantasy.

JEdi
08-03-2003, 12:46 AM
so he must buy it cos its final fantasy, but then he has a choice of take it or leave it?

anyway, jusy cos its final fantasy isnt good enough, call me crazy but the game has to be good too and square can only take a repuation so far before distroying it -and this is it. its not my job as an ff fan to buy every little bit of crap that they put on the market, just look at MQ *shudder* a ff fan should support the good games and coment on the bad so they can improve there games, im getting tierd so i cant be bothered to rant anymore but that comment was just flamebait, and yuna looks like a a new member of a the cheeky girls, i dont see much final fantasy in this game they might as well be done with it and turn it into action and call it tomb fantasy.

No, what I meant was that he doesn't have to buy it. Gawd, im a n00b and already making a bad rep. You'll all feel different about it once you play it.

Bahmant zero
08-03-2003, 10:34 AM
i doubt it, i would be embrassed to been seen buying it, yuna looks like a member of the cheeky girls for god sake, i see no final fantasy soul within it, its a betrayl to loyal fans as and a quick cash in for pervs.

TakaX2
08-03-2003, 09:57 PM
I believe that every game and bad points, for instance Zelda for the original Nintendo had horrible graphics because it was made in the early 80's or something but still is a great game. In FFX-2's case, the main bad point (in my opinion) is the bad clothing design. They make them far too slutty. But you have to look past these bad points and look at the game as a whole. You may not like a game, but no game truly sucks because all games have their good points as well.

Although I don't agree with the clothes either, FFX-2 is NOT a "quick cash for pervs". The only problem is that they show too much skin. Watch t.v. for a little while and you'll see people wearing even sluttier clothes. A good portion of today's movies contain nudity which is a lot worse than slutty clothes. Just walk down the street and you'll see slutty clothes that personally make me sick. Pervs don't need to go spend 50 bucks on a game when they can just walk down the street or watch some dumbass show like "Stripperella".

You said that FFX-2 lacked "final fantasy soul". I personally believe that FFX and FFX-2 are perfect Final Fantasy games. They contain all the qualities of all the other FF games: good graphics, excellent fighting systems, exceptional plots, exc., exc. What do FFX and FFX-2 need to be a true Final Fantasy for loyal fans? I wonder what this "final fantasy soul" you talk about is and what a game must have to have it.

Aya Nekoneko
08-03-2003, 11:41 PM
I guess I have a different definition of slutty or something. o.O

While FFX-2's clothing designs leave little to the imagination, I never saw them as looking slutty. Rikku-chan looks plain cute and Yuna looks kinda sexy. o.O; Not "slutty," though. Or maybe it's because their clothing looks so out of this world that I just can't see them walking the streets/acting like prostitutes/etc. o.o;

JEdi
08-04-2003, 05:03 AM
I stick to my opinion. No matter what It's Final Fantasy. Enough said.

Oh, and btw. I played FFX the other day and it's as much for pervs as FFX-2. Camera angles giving very nice shots of Rikku's behind in that strange jumpsuit and whatnot. And the scene with Yuna and Tidus in the water. Honestly, it's everywhere these days. Doesn't make em any worse. Personally I've seen sluttier clothing, the ones worn by the girls in FFX-2 are nice, and still leave plenty to the imagination. Think the designers at square have done a great job.

And who exactly defines what "Final Fantasy soul" is?

Bahmant zero
08-04-2003, 11:06 AM
if you wish to kill final fantasy, so be it, if you want to throw in guns rock and perving camras and whores cothes feel free, maybe they could scrap the fantasy part and set it in modern day? its nearly there anyway, and maybe while there at it they could change it to action, it wouldn't take very much. While there at it they should re-make ff6 and kick the guys out and dress the girls in bondage, throw in some guns and rock. the graphics on ff10 arnt that geat anyway, ive seen older games such as summoner 2 and evergrace (NOT everquest its a diffrent game and everquest is crap anyway) with far better graphics, i really dont see why everyone thinks there the best ever seen....

TakaX2
08-04-2003, 01:12 PM
You constantly proclaim FFX and FFX-2 as tragedies to Final Fantasy. But what makes them so bad?

You said guns. FF8, another high quality FF game, had a gunblade and Laguna carrying a machine gun.

You said rock. Rock is my favorite kind of music and in my opinion the best. BTW, the music, aka the singing, is jpop, meaning it's POP not rock. But I think that jpop and pop are tied for being my second favorite music type.

You said perving cameras. THEY HAVE BUTTSHOTS, BIG DEAL! They camera angle looks at the person's back, which happens to show the butt, to make you see what the character sees while still looking at the character. They don't do it for buttshots. Showing a persons butt is not "perving cameras", going down a girl's shirt uncensored is "perving cameras".

You said whores' clothes. They aren't whores' clothes plain and simple. I had a hard time adapting to this new "more skin" style of clothes. I had a skin showing level and everything that showed more I thought of as slutty. Gradually you get used to it. At first, I was a little shocked at Yuna's short shorts. But they aren't bad. They give her a sexy look, which was the point. The cute, summoner image (nothing wrong with it) dies out between FFX and FFX-2. They needed her apperance to show how she changed. If they seem completely un-Yuna, remember Rikku picked them out and she's a bit more daring. The only other somewhat skin showing part of Yuna's outfit is the shirt. But that didn't bother me at all. I think it was awesome that they integrated Tidus' symbol into her oufit. It kinda symbolizes how the hope that Tidus is alive/is coming back is holding her together and keeping her going. At the first look at Rikku, you may think it's slutty but think for a second. It's a bikini top. No big deal there.

You say they're turning it modern day and not Final Fantasy. They have to make it somewhat close to modern day. That way people can relate to the game and still be brought into a totally different world. And they can't change it to action because it's not. They have lots of action in the fights and a bit in the gameplay, like ALL other FF games. They have mystery (where is Tidus and what happened to him), adventure (gonna go around the world and through whatever gets in our way), and romance (looking for the love of her life) just to name a few. FFX and FFX-2 are well-balanced and well-rounded games like ALL FF games.

FFX and FFX-2, like all other FF games, have great graphics. NOTHING comes close.

I am still curious as to what makes a game a true Final Fantasy game because it seems obvious to me that FFX and FFX-2 are.

Bahmant zero
08-04-2003, 04:24 PM
FFX and FFX-2, like all other FF games, have great graphics. NOTHING comes close.

thats quiet a claim, there are other consoles with far better graphic such as gamecube, and there are many older games that do have superior graphics on all consoles, even on my hated enemy x-box. If i wanted to play something i could relate to that i could go outside and see i wouldnt play games i wouldnt need to, i buy them beacuse there supposed to tell storys according to there genre (which f10-2 and ff10 seems confused what genre it is)

TakaX2
08-04-2003, 11:37 PM
Are you saying that FFX and FFX-2 are bad games because you think that they're mislabeled?

JEdi
08-05-2003, 05:33 AM
Tisk tisk, Final Fantasy X and X-2 do have awesome graphics. There's no whats or ifs or buts about it. The backgrounds are not pre-rendered, but flow great. The frame rate is smooth. Also, it is brilliantly presented. Like a film. And rendered visuals flow smoothly into FMV so well that it often takes me a few seconds to realise that it happened.

But hey, who gives about graphics. Anyone heard of FFVII?

What on earth is bad about rock music?
Whores? Perving camera shots? BAH!

I think this is all going a bit overboard, I have to agree with TakaX2 on every single word he's written. Just because it's got an X in the title doesn't mean it's X-rated.

Bahmant zero
08-05-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by JEdi
Just because it's got an X in the title doesn't mean it's X-rated. thats a good one, i never thought of that. anyway my anger with putting in rock is that the normal music score is more universial, not everyone likes rock and in a few years its going to be as loved as pop anyway, i feel that that type of music dosnt fit into final fantasy altough it did fit the situation in zanakend (bad sp) no matter how much i hate it.

and as for graphics, ff10 never had the best grahics and its ignorant for people to think so there are many games on all consoles that are older that have on-par grahics or even better, but grahics are no place near important as the story because that is what the hole game is, a story and i feel that ff10 lacked a decent story, ff7 had a wonderful story and dispite its age i still play it, im actually playing it now but meh....

anyway back to ff, last time a looked final fantasy was never about zooming in on yunas boobs or following lulus breats around but i might be wrong there, who knows the camera could of been following terra's breats in ff6 if it could zoom in, so i might be wrong there.
final fantasy 10s music score was fine in rare places such as the battle theme but most of it was the same few songs re-mixed and some didnt even fit at all.
this thread itself is a big pointer in someone not liking ff10-2 and hes actually played it, oh darn im off track again, where was i......
oh yes the characters are lame, underdevolped have little real personality and have poor dialoge, and motiveations.
one word......seymore *shudder*
when i play a hero, i want that not some snival whinny brat, if i want a game i could relate to and see in real, i wouldnt need to play a game i would just go outside, i play a game beacuse its that, its ment to tell a story and its a fantasy not reality,the map usage was ugly and the game was just one long boring road, even if it had a world map that would be some improvement.
the mini-games are not fun. full stop. its indurance and thats not fun, whocan say they loved the cloister of trails or trying to dodge 200 lightning bolts? give me the card game anyday (i loved that game) what little sidequests they where didnt reval much about the characters, the world or anything it was just pointless fighting dark aeons, battle is an important part of rpg's but it isnt everything. ff10 has very little replay value and the characters are not individual in the battle skills scince they can all do the same and learn the same. there is very little i like about this game and its sequal and i belive theres no need for one the only two things i liked was the new summon system and talking in battle. (we have nearly been aguing for 3 pages woo! we should celebrate)

JEdi
08-05-2003, 12:55 PM
thats a good one, i never thought of that.

I know, aren't I clever? But it doesn't really apply....

Originally posted by Bahamut zero
anger with putting in rock is that the normal music score is more universial, not everyone likes rock and in a few years its going to be as loved as pop anyway, i feel that that type of music dosnt fit into final fantasy altough it did fit the situation in zanakend (bad sp) no matter how much i hate it.

Yeah, alright. Fine. I'll give you that. The music in FFX is pretty shitty. Only one good track WAS the rock at the beginning. I think perhaps Square are trying to make FF games more for the mainstream. Anyone noticed and FFX was really the most successful and liked since FFVII?

and as for graphics, ff10 never had the best grahics and its ignorant for people to think so there are many games on all consoles that are older that have on-par grahics or even better, but grahics are no place near important as the story because that is what the hole game is, a story and i feel that ff10 lacked a decent story, ff7 had a wonderful story and dispite its age i still play it, im actually playing it now but meh....

Yes, yes, alright I've acknowledged FFX's graphics as not being the best, but like I said they are by far the most well-presented. It's like watching a bloody movie, and it's interuppted by the fact you actually have to start walking around and playing.

And, if you have to ask me FFVII is the only FF I've played (out of VI~X) that actually had a decent story. Still confused over some parts today. Still replay it today. Awesome game.

anyway back to ff, last time a looked final fantasy was never about zooming in on yunas boobs or following lulus breats around but i might be wrong there, who knows the camera could of been following terra's breats in ff6 if it could zoom in, so i might be wrong there.

And ahh...just what is wrong with that? Last time I checked the things that really mattered like the dialogue and story weren't dirty language and constant shaggin throughout the game. Dude, that kinda stuff is everywhere. That's just part of FFX's unique style, and especially part of FFX-2's. Oh and what on earth is the harm in a little rendered breast, eh? Afraid parents might see it and ground you for playing dirty games on ur PS2?

this thread itself is a big pointer in someone not liking ff10-2 and hes actually played it, oh darn im off track again, where was i......

You, my friend, are just one man. Just because you say it blows doesn't mean it does. I don't mind if your just sharing your opinion. We are allowed to not like it. An FF forum is not the place to talk about how crap the latest game is ;)

give me the card game anyday (i loved that game)

Agreed, but I think the Blitzball kinda takes the card game's place...

what little sidequests they where didnt reval much about the characters, the world or anything it was just pointless fighting dark aeons, battle is an important part of rpg's but it isnt everything.

Uhh...Sidequests don't always have to reveal more about characters. Why, I can only think of two in the FFs I've played that do. The Eidolon Wall in FFIX and Lucrecia's place in FFVII.

Originally quoted by Bahamut zero
the characters are not individual in the battle skills scince they can all do the same and learn the same.

Um, FFIX is the only FF I can think of that WASN'T like that. FFVII, FFVI, and FFVIII were all like that to an extent, FFVII and VIII especially.

Originally posted by Bahamut zerothere is very little i like about this game and its sequal and i belive theres no need for one the only two things i liked was the new summon system and talking in battle. (we have nearly been aguing for 3 pages woo! we should celebrate

Yes, the new summon system and talking were good. Also, the extra battle options were good as well.

And yes, we should celebrate. Phew, that was hard.

TakaX2
08-05-2003, 06:55 PM
oh yes the characters are lame, underdevolped have little real personality and have poor dialoge, and motiveations.

when i play a hero, i want that not some snival whinny brat

The characters are not lame or underdeveloped. They act according to their personalities, like all characters in all games. Tidus, isn't just some whinny brat, although he seems that way. But think about his situation. He just watched his home getting blown up by a monster. He came from a world with (probably) better technology than today and got dropped into the stone ages. They have no technology, they have a huge creature destroying their homes and families, and monsters (fiends) attacking them at every turn. The only people that want technology to return where it was are ostracized and persecuted. At first, he's no hero. He doesn't really care about their problems, he just wants to get out of the nightmare and go home. Once he realizes he can't, he gets entangled in Yuna's struggle as a summoner. He can't just walk away because this isn't his world. Everything is new to him, with the monster, Sin and this strange, over-the-top religion, Yevon. He can't leave because then he would be alone and wouldn't know anyone. So he becomes the reluctant guardian until he feels that he must defeat Sin and steps into the hero role. His personality is perfectly reasonable as are all personalities. If he showed up and automatically became the star-studded hero, no one would like the game. It's common, or may I dare neccessary, for this to occur in games with good plot. For instance, Squall in FFVIII, he is very anti-social because he lost everything he ever cared about and doesn't want it to happen again. But as the game developes, he steps into the hero role and opens up to those he cares about.

The motivations of the characters may be simple (Yuna: defeat the horror of Spira, Rikku: protect and help her cousin, Auron: fufill a promise) but formidable. They come form a simple world, and at first glance, their motivations and words may seem simple too. But if you look into the characters, you see more than at first glance and find they are in fact very complex characters.

the mini-games are not fun. full stop. its indurance and thats not fun, whocan say they loved the cloister of trails or trying to dodge 200 lightning bolts?

The mini-games, come in a variety, like in other FF games. Some people like certain mini-games, some don't like certain mini-games. Sure the 200 lightning bolts and the 0:0 time in the chocobo race annoyed the hell out of me, but look at the better side for once. JEdi brought up blitzball. Think of sports games like NCAA football. All you do is manage a team and play games, which is precisely what they do in blitzball. So when you think about it, FFX is really like 2 games in one. Good deal. I'm pretty sure that the majoity of people couldn't say that found the Cloister of Trials fun, but it's a neccessary part. A lot of games make the mistake of just plot and fighting. But part of what makes a game complete and well-rounded is adding things that make you think and test your mind.

one word......seymore *shudder*

I agree with you about Seymour. After playing the game, I think Seymour was a complete freak (no offense to his fans). But if you think for a second, apart from Sin, he's the villain, the enemy. You're SUPPOSED to hate him. I think Square did an awesome job with this. In FFVIII, I didn't like Ultimecia, but in FFX, LOATHED Seymour. Hats off to Square, although his voice and arm-waving that were supposed to come off as cocky made him seem gay.

ZeZipster
08-05-2003, 07:26 PM
Am I the only one who thinks threads like these should just die out when every one says their own opinion? Seriously, once every thing is said you need just forget it. Every one is entitled to speak what they think of the game (unless they're stupid enough to flame people while at it). So what if some one doesn't like the game? So what if they may have actually gotten some one else to lose interest in it. If some one sees some one say some thing bad about the game and then decides not to play it's because they didn't realize that bad some thing about the game. Let the light shine in their eyes and go gawk at your previews.

This entire conversation can be summed up in:

Ping
Pong
Ping
Pong
Ping
Ping
PONG!
*Ban*
Ping
Pong.

TakaX2
08-05-2003, 09:14 PM
If forums just died out when people spoke their opinions, then there wouldn't be forums. Forums are for discussion and debate. People discuss things in forums. When people don't agree, they debate the topic and present defenses for both sides of the debate. Thus the meaning of forums. Sure it's nice when everyone agrees and talks about the things they like, but sometimes you better understand and appreciate a game after defending a game and sometimes better understand yourself.

If you outlawed debating in forums, then you would erase the main points of forums.

JEdi
08-05-2003, 11:08 PM
Whoa, stop. Let's go back to arguing about FFX-2, and not arguing about our rights to argue. (and besides, man, we're winning, can't stop now :D )

ZeZipster
08-06-2003, 05:54 AM
If forums just died out when people spoke their opinions, then there wouldn't be forums. Forums are for discussion and debate. People discuss things in forums. When people don't agree, they debate the topic and present defenses for both sides of the debate. Thus the meaning of forums. Sure it's nice when everyone agrees and talks about the things they like, but sometimes you better understand and appreciate a game after defending a game and sometimes better understand yourself.

If you outlawed debating in forums, then you would erase the main points of forums.

I guess that makes since. It just seems like people are repeating themselves.

Meh... I've said all logical and illogical thoughts that pass through my head.

Edit: Ah what the hey let's see what responses I can get.

I whole-heartedly believe this game was meant to attract brain-dead perverts. Don't tell me FFX-2 isn't made to attract perverts. All males happen to leave your party, Yuna's cloths disappear (No it's not because of her pilgrimage, I won't believe that, think about all the times people changed cloths in past FFs, very rarily), and the fact that three girls go around changing cloths every battle. People can argue that Yuna changed cloths because of her pilgrimage untill they are blue in the face it DOES NOT MAKE SINCE. Yuna's only love disappears in to oblivion so Yuna decides to show some skin? No. Don't think so. Why don't you people go talk to some widows.

Square is SELLING OUT. This game is crap, don't bother with it. RPGs should not have:

Missions
Time based battle systems
A bazillion endings
Lara Croft based characters

So why does it? Because it's trendy? Because it's easy cash? Because Square wants to be different?

Bahmant zero
08-06-2003, 11:23 AM
i dont see this as a flame war or agument but a constuctive debate, and JEdi is doing a great job presenting his view on why ff10 is good, and thats something i havnt seen in a long time usually its "ff10 rocks so sod off" but meh,
anyway i also agree with him about forums are for debating but zezipster has some great points which i have been saying for a while that ff10-2 is selling out and betraying fans, it looks like ff10-2 has mutliple personalities, it dosnt know what genre it is, it sure isnt RPG, but is it sport or action or platform (YES) there are some stupid features that RPG's shoudnt have that betray its genre, i know ff10-2 was only a quick project to do while ff11 is being relased so its not intended to be the best ever or revoltionise platform games (cos thats what it is)
another bad point is that yuna looks like a memeber of the cheeky girl singers, yuna even "sings" in dated fad jpop. most scenes they put in are crappy in the original such as the lucca (its not really a town) laughing scene,
there was no need or use for shops or inns and there was no real towns and the hole game was fighting, no real town looking bits sure fightings important but it shouldt take over the hole game. Its such cheep sell out i would be embrassed to be seen buying it so im unsure for the first time in ff history is i will buy it or not.

some pervs claim that yuna's clothes are a discuse, but thats a crappy lame excuse, shes a famous daughter of the man who brought the previous calm and she brought the enternal calm so and everyone knows who she is so if she thinks that hotpants a bikini bra can disguse her shes a thick whore, while if she goes to a place they dont know her there would be no need for her to dress as a whore so its just a cheep exuse for brain dead pervs who care more about yunas breats more then the story to buy the game. its just a coincodence that at the same time all males are booted and the party is reduced to 3 lesbien whores. i hope yuna is aressted for indecinent exposure, that'll teach her. anyone else finds yuna completely changing personallitys and beilfs in 2 years? its a compltetly diffrent person now which is realsticly impossable unless she had mental problems.

TakaX2
08-06-2003, 02:53 PM
I believe it IS realistically possible for Yuna to change that much. Two years is a pretty long time. As for her clothes, she's not the one who thinks a change in outfit is gonna fool people. If you watch FFX: Another Story, it's Rikku's idea for the new clothes.

No offense to you Bahmant zero, but it seems to me you don't really understand what love is. She goes on a pilgrimage to die to defeat Sin. She's wanted to all her life, not thinking about anything else, not even guys. Then Tidus comes into the picture. Her life gets thrown upsidedown. She feels it's her duty to defeat Sin but she falls in love with Tidus. She's torn. She decides that she couldn't run away and deal with the guilt so she continues. Then this new option appears where she can defeat Sin and live. Only Tidus doesn't tell her it'll kill him. When they do defeat Sin, for good, Yuna doesn't really know what to do with her life, all she knows is that she loves Tidus and wants to be with him. Then he dissappears right before her eyes. She's alone. Sure her friends are there, but she feels empty inside after losing the one she loves. Then all these religous groups want her to join (that she wants no part of) and all these sons of leaders are proposing (none of which she would ever accept because she loves Tidus). When Tidus first came, she was a bit more curious then actually having a crush yet. He was from a place she would love to be and he was so different from her. She always tried to please everyone because, hell, she was gonna die for them wasn't she? But Tidus showed her to act for herself and do what she wanted not everyone else. She refused all offers and told them to go away and stay away. Then she finds there is some hope her love is still alive. So she goes out to find him. If you remember her speech at the end she tells people not to forget those they've lost. She follows her own words. She keeps Tidus in her heart through the memories they share. She remembers how he taught her to act for herself and thus the reasob for her change in personality.

No offense, but indecent exposure? Yeah right! Yuna wears short shorts, ooh! The shirt is cool, don't dis the shirt. If anyone should get arrested for indecent exposure, it's Rikku (no offense to her fans, but what would possess you to want to wear a bikini all day? I personally think bikini's are dumb. If your gonna wear a bikini, why don't you just run around in your underwear too?).

If you don't want to buy it, that's cool. I got no problem with it. It's your loss.

JEdi
08-06-2003, 09:37 PM
Well, that's it. Outta ammo. Okeday, this is where I withdraw while I'm ahead. We vill re-assume this argument next year when I actually have the game :) I feel that that arguing about it anymore would be rather stupid, and right now I am strained to come up with anything. I haven't even clocked FFX! It's been fun, Bahamut. Look foward to continuing this with more ammunition later on...

TakaX2
08-06-2003, 10:54 PM
Ok, JEdi, we'll see you when FFX-2 comes out. Feel free to come back anytime that you feel you wanna debate some more. Just remember, if you speak from the heart and say what you truly believe, you'll always find something to say.

Greeneyes
08-07-2003, 01:57 AM
Here's another reason for the sequel:

(I got this from http://www.finalfantasyx.nl/english/ffX1-2.htm )

The ending of Final Fantasy X: International (only released in Japan) marked a opening for a sequel. Now, Square officially announced Final Fantasy X-2. This is something never done before in the franchise's or in the company's history before.Hironobu Sakaguchi thought up of this idea, because he needs more time to develop Final Fantasy XII.

As for Yuna, I believe it would have been ok if, right from the start a female character had been wearing revealing clothes (eg Rikku in her shorts in FFX) but it somehow seems 'perverted' if you take a decent looking summoner & transform her into tomb raider. No doubt, some people will give valid reasons why she needs a change of clothes ( eg, she's no longer a summoner, she needs to be in disguise, she needs guns....etc). But like I said, 2 years or 10 years, or however many years after the defeat of Sin, the complete transformation from a religious figure to something else just seems too 'look-at-me'.

So it's not the clothes per se but the transformation.

JEdi
08-07-2003, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by Greeneyes
(I got this from http://www.finalfantasyx.nl/english/ffX1-2.htm )

I followed the link and that site told me the biggest load of BS ever.
It states the release for Europe is 2004, it hasn't even been announced.
It also says that you play as someone called "Nyuji". You don't, unless Nyuji turns out to be a chocobo or something else in a minigame.

Greeneyes
08-07-2003, 04:19 AM
Hironobu Sakaguchi thought up of this idea, because he needs more time to develop Final Fantasy XII.

Actually, not just that website but several others that I frequent say the same thing. That FFX2 is a 'stop-gap' to give fans something to chew on before the main course.

Also, despite reported sales of millions in Japan, the overall postgame reviews of FFX-2 in Japanese websites haven't been too favorable. People miss Auron, Wakka and the old Yuna, it seems.

JEdi
08-07-2003, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by Greeneyes
Also, despite reported sales of millions in Japan, the overall postgame reviews of FFX-2 in Japanese websites haven't been too favorable. People miss Auron, Wakka and the old Yuna, it seems.

Then all they would have to do is take out the FFX-2 disc and insert FFX into their PS2s. VOILA! Auron, old Yuna and Wakka all back! HOWZAT?!

Greeneyes
08-07-2003, 04:49 AM
Then all they would have to do is take out the FFX-2 disc and insert FFX into their PS2s. VOILA! Auron, old Yuna and Wakka all back! HOWZAT?!

LOL! Much easier to do that then for the designers to incorporate those 3 into the new game, I suppose. :D

Sorta like, if you want a vegetarian hamburger, then order a standard hamburger, just take out the meat & eat just the bread :D

I kinda miss Wakka's big, luvable lug character, though.:rolleyes2

Bahmant zero
08-07-2003, 12:41 PM
i really dont have much to say for once, or rather i cant be bothered at the moment but i thought that ff10-2 was a project to keep them busy during ff11 scince thats there last project for a long while due to it being online and ff12 isnt due for years, as soon as ff12 was annonced it was "oh ff11 is sooo last year" while in truth ff11 has the final fantasy spotlight for a long while due to running it, new storys, expansions, they already have the world all they need to due is give it a new story, its a lot easier then making a new game, but im getting off track again, where was i? oh yes ff10-2 instead of me aguing whats not so final fantasy about ff10-2 i wanna ask what IS so final fantasy about ff10-2 its makes square look ashamed of its final fantasy past so they kicked it and threw it away where it was used as bedding by hobo's ho got tear gas thrown at them for smelling.

and where on page 4! WOO! PAGE 4 OF THIS AGUMENT! LETS CELEBRATE! ahem....

TakaX2
08-07-2003, 08:58 PM
You're right that FFX-2 was created because they thought FFXI would take them a year or two longer than they wanted (although it really didn't and now they have 2 games coming out within a day of each other).

There are no guidlines for how a FF game must be created. They are RPG games set in a fantasy world. Things like magic and monsters clearly set them away from reality.

One can argue FFX-2 is too 'modern-day' to be FF. But what makes Spira different? Monsters, magic, Guado, Ronso, blitzball, aeons (at one time), fayth, etc, etc. If you think about FFVIII, if you take away the magic and the monsters, it could be set in our world. Yet no one argues that FFVIII isn't FF material.

The truth is, since a new FF game can be set in any kind of world with any kind of adventure, what clearly defines FF games are the fact that they always are top-of-the-line with the best graphics they can create. Square prides itself in having excellent stories, plots, characters, environments, and fighting. They have yet to create a game to disgrace the name of Final Fantasy, for which they deserve credit.

Just because the main characters in FFX-2 are girls, doesn't make FFX-2 a 'whore game' and doesn't make them leisbians. If FFXII is three guys who are best friends going to save their world, are people going to say that they're gay and that FFXII is a 'fag game'? I don't think so. (No offense to anyone). I think what's REALLY going on is that guys are upset that the main character role is filled by a girl and not a guy. Get over it already. If you got a problem with it, stop throwing hissy fits and just buy FFXI where you can choose which sex you want your main character.

JEdi
08-07-2003, 10:20 PM
Oh gawd, can't stand it, MUST JUMP BACK IN!!!!!!

i wanna ask what IS so final fantasy about ff10-2

Well first off, the title. Secondly, because Square said it is. It's sad but we don't say what Final Fantasy is. They do, they change them, make em and release em. From the previews and Japanese reviews it sounds like FF10-2 is very different. Kinda like it should have a different title (eg Crystal Chronicles, Tactics) because of the way it is. And it don't! Because it's continuing the story of it's predecessor.

I mean, what's Final Fantasy about Tactics Advance?
What's Final Fantasy about Crystal Chronicles?

And if you say: Magic, Monsters, Hit-points, Magic points and anything like that, then you've answered your own question previously quoted above.

Greeneyes
08-08-2003, 02:11 AM
I think what's REALLY going on is that guys are upset that the main character role is filled by a girl and not a guy

Please see my 2 posts on page 2.

1)The one @ 06-11-2003 08:12 AM

2)The other one @ 06-23-2003 04:32 AM

I think some people are upset about the change/dismissal of characters that we've somehow connected with, rather than having female leads. It's not about the girls; it's about the drastic change.

I know I'll miss Auron. *sniff*. It must be cool to have someone like that to look up to.

Kalel
08-09-2003, 02:07 AM
Everyone has their opinion. You played game and gave response negative but still feedback on game-thanks.
But I think that I will like game. Because I enjoyed Final Fantasy 10. Kingdom Hearts ruled-it didn't suck to me!:whoa:

ZeZipster
08-09-2003, 02:21 AM
This may sound stupid... But I won't play the game because from what I see it's just a lousy freaking sell-out. My buys will just make the beast larger. Why give a drunk money if hes only going to get drunker and ask for more? Why in the world would you except them changing some one who they made subtle to attract idiots?

Quistis79
08-26-2003, 01:55 PM
Phew! Finished reading all four pages and gosh! what to say... I know I'm gonna buy FFX-2, and yes, mainly because it's a Final Fantasy game. I really can't state my opinion about the game since I haven't played it yet.

There were a few remarks I would like to comment on though.

1) There was a complaint about horrible lip-synch. Well, watching anime has thought me that lip-synch really isn't that important. It's enough that the mouth moves, what's said is what counts. And the voice acting... I sure hope it has improved from FFX. *shudders*

2)Changing clothes. Well, FFV, the greates FF ever made, has ppl changing clothes. It's called Job system and it's awesome that it has been brought back. Though I would have hope the return of Dragoons.

3)Graphics. FMVs will look awesome, they allways has and always will. And rest of the game look pretty nice to me. Graphics aren't so big a thing for me since it's the story that counts. Don't know enough to say anything about the story in this one.

4)Mini-games. I don't even know what mini-games are included in this one, but I doubt it can get worse than blitzball.

5)Cothes or the lack of them... So what if they are revealing, who cares. I'm not buying the game because of that or not buying at that. That's the way games sell these days... Of course it's going to attract a certain kind of audience, but they are still probably going to minority. and who knows, maybe a new bunch of players gets hooked in FF world, what's bad in that.

Alexis
10-13-2003, 05:52 PM
Nanakixiii:you are lucky,us european must wait january,i hate wait,i want ffX-2:now!!!

Xider
11-09-2003, 06:05 PM
as you can see, i was being sarcastic about the reply (duh!!)...

this isn't some political forum, IT'S FINAL FANTASY FORUM, FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!!!

I didn't make this thread to talk about political rights and stuff (there's already enough of that in our miserable lives):D

OK, i'll edit it, happy?

anyways, i just want to hear about ffx-2!!!!!!!!

You are a sad sad *snip*er you know it? I would amputate my left foot with my teeth and fingernails if i found out you knew jack sh*t about polotics. Besides, whenever you said politics, i think you meant sexuality. Politics has nothing to do with gay or straight unless you are a polotician for gay rights.

Get your facts straight before you spout off something stupid like that.

::Xider crawls into his quiest den and watches CNN::

Xider, I have no idea why you would make such comments about a post that has already been dealt with 7 months ago, but it is definitely not warranted. And watch your language! ~ Leeza

Leeza
11-09-2003, 06:38 PM
This thread has been mostly dead since August so...

*closes*