PDA

View Full Version : How far did you go in Hot and Cold?

Kimera 726
03-29-2003, 02:19 AM
By this I mean how far did you go to play this grueling sidequest to some, fun sidequest to some. There's a variety of options for you.

I went all the way actually, did it so many times to get myself a Robe of Lords. Crazy I am.

DanteColdAndKicking
03-29-2003, 03:01 AM
it was always a pain in the arse walking into the forest at the beggining of the game and thinking "sh1t... i gotta do all this again." but i always ended up doin it. mainly so i could do the mognet sidequest.:mog:

Blizzard
03-29-2003, 03:06 AM
I couldn't stand that stupid Mini-Game, that'd explain why I don't have the Ultimate Weapons. (Besides Vivi's)

Chocobo Breeder
03-29-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Sage
I couldn't stand that stupid Mini-Game, that'd explain why I don't have the Ultimate Weapons. (Besides Vivi's)
I only did it to get the secret weapons, ther game itself was VERYirritating that mexican style music I could stand. I don't mind the mexican's but that thing Squaresoft called "music" for that game was....I can't even describe it was that bad.

Evelia
04-03-2003, 04:12 AM
I did the entire sidequest. ::Twitch.:: It's so unbelievably aggravating for the first few hours, but once Choco's beak increases in levels, it gets a LOT easier and really fun. I loved running around the world map and getting treasure. I always do it before disc 4, though... because I don't like the new world map music that starts when you come back from Terra. Plus, there's just way too much mist to see clearly at that point.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-03-2003, 04:14 AM
I love love Chocobo Hot and Cold.

HOOTERS
04-03-2003, 01:49 PM
I went all the way. At first I thought it was frustrating but then I began to like digging and searching for stuff on the world map. Plus, it's worth it just to see Fat Chocobo.

the blitzer
04-18-2003, 07:28 PM
I HAVE DONE ALL OF CHOCOBO HOT AND COLD. DID YOU KNOW IN THE AREAIL GARDENS THIER IS A SECRET BOSS CALLED OZMA. HE IS REALLY HARD. HARDER THAN NECREON IN FACT.

m4tt
04-18-2003, 07:51 PM
Dude, seriously. Check your caps-lock key.

I always do the Hot & Cold, it's fun. :D~

Rude
04-18-2003, 09:28 PM
I think Hot and Cold is serious fun. Just the first time I went through the game I didn't do any side quests and this was a side quest I only did the one time I went from Lindblum to the Grotto. But now I'm going to concentrate on getting the two big items as well as all the chocographs, plus I'm gonna go find the other forests.

One question though. I just upgraded choco to blue choco and it seems as though he runs faster in hot and cold. Is this just placebo or did his speed increase?

Kimera 726
04-18-2003, 10:14 PM
Placebo. I didn't feel any increase in speed. :-/

eternalshiva
04-19-2003, 05:19 PM
I went ALL THE WAY! I got EVERYTHING and my chocbo was at level 99! He went to the heavens too :) I loved it and it became my favorite sidequest aside the little number puzzles in FF 1 :)

m4tt
04-19-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Rude
One question though. I just upgraded choco to blue choco and it seems as though he runs faster in hot and cold. Is this just placebo or did his speed increase?

He does start moving faster. You'll notice an increase in pecking speed as well. Once you hit gold, he's insane fast.

Sephiroth's Mate
04-28-2003, 07:40 PM
yeah well i aint to sure what your on a bout bu t im gessin its where youi dig up the treasures on the world map, if it is i got stuck at one point and couldnt find anymore stone things which really pissed me off:mad2:

Sephex
04-29-2003, 07:06 AM
I picked the 'long enough' option because I did a lot but not EVERYTHING.

ultima buster
04-29-2003, 11:04 AM
i do it every time i play the game. its fun and i happen to like the music. at the moment im on disk 1 and i have two robe of lords and two pretect rings choco beck level is 99 and he is a blue chocobo because i went through gizamaluke and got the ability the went back

Blackmage
04-30-2003, 12:01 AM
ultima buster, double-post = bad. Deleting duplicate post = good.

Anyways, that sidegame was loads of fun. I totally owned that lagoon area. I don't remember if I got up to the Robe of Lords or not, but if I didn't I came close.

Yrkoon
05-14-2003, 02:53 AM
i only do it to get ultimate weapons an choco the nice golden chocobo :) had to do it twice now dammit.....

chipped ps1 screwed up an i wasnt chipping ps2 so i bought uk version only to find my american save points wouldnt work on it so had to do it again sitting around pussy level 50 odd while guys i had before had all best weapons an were about level 80 at minimum :)

chocobo game is strangely fun an addictive tho :)

Boko Mog
05-15-2003, 12:21 AM
I got about halfway through, then gave up. ;}

Book
05-17-2003, 07:24 PM
This mini-game just drove me mad !!! I've never completed it :(