PDA

View Full Version : Nercon?

Chocobo Breeder
03-29-2003, 03:07 PM
Would you all agree the last boss, (Necron) had nothing to do with the actual game. When I first defeated Trance Kuja I thought I would be expecting a decent ending (It did have one anyway but that's beside the point) then this big deformed flying blue thing comes flying at me. I'm thinking "Who in God's name is that?". I just don't see what Necron had to do with the game.

Spatvark
03-29-2003, 04:05 PM
Necron was actually foreshadowed by Dr. Tot who made a brief reference to it...

Basically, Necron is the destroyer of life. His task is to kill everything when they stop caring about life. When Kuja goes crazy and tries to kill everything, Necron reads this as his cue to lay waste to the world. However, Zidane and co. beat the crap out of it, making Necron realise that for now, they don't want to die, and as such, he doesn't destroy them.

That's about it. Yeah, he was pretty random but mweh... it happens. Look at FF4 for one...

Phil
03-29-2003, 07:50 PM
just a guess, but necron may be the thing that helps Terra devour Gaia. thats how i thought of it. or it may just be some powerful animal that Kuja uses to beat the terd out of the good guys. I guess you might consider Necron to Kuja as Anima to Seymour

Chocobo Breeder
03-30-2003, 08:51 AM
So let me get this straight, Nercon wants everyone to die right? But Zidane and his party refuse to die beats Necron up. Necron teleports away crying for his mummy. Zidane and co. save the world just like what happened in the last 8! :tongue: :p

Big D
03-30-2003, 10:20 AM
At the time, Necron seemed like a fairly arbitrary opponent, created simply to fit in with the FF tradition of ''successive, increasingly powerful bosses culminating in a big, powerful winged thing.'' I also had issues with his 'cheap', rush-job design and appearance.

Heath
03-30-2003, 10:22 AM
Actually I think that Necron is about to kill the party and Kuja, now having realised what it is to have a life, teleports them away. This is showed by how the team are teleported in the same manner (graphically) as they did in the Desert Palace. Kuja also says in the ending that he saved them.

Lord Chainsaw
04-05-2003, 05:38 AM
after the fight with Trance Kuja, he casts ultima which destroys the crystal and brings your party down to 1 HP.

The legend of the story says that when the crystal is destroyed, all of existence will end.

And guess who's there to end it?

You guessed it.

Timbit
04-05-2003, 02:26 PM
It does seem a bnit sudden though. There is no mention of the name 'Necron' anywhere in the game, maybe once, I can't remember. For example, in 7, 8 and 10, the player gets a good idea of who the final boss will be. But in 9, the player thinks it's Kuja. But when Necron comes out, it's a bit of a suprise.

the_end
04-05-2003, 09:41 PM
think of it this way; necron = the reaper of life (angel of death whatever you want to call it). hes like sin hes a "punishment" in the way that we have no need for life any more

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-06-2003, 12:27 AM
This (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=505720#post505720) or what Spatvark said.

Rostum
04-06-2003, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by Lord Chainsaw
after the fight with Trance Kuja, he casts ultima which destroys the crystal and brings your party down to 1 HP.

The legend of the story says that when the crystal is destroyed, all of existence will end.

And guess who's there to end it?

You guessed it.

I wish they had of put more effort putting that legend into the game, they could have done wonders with something like that.

I loved FFIX though!

eestlinc
04-06-2003, 07:20 AM
considering how easy kuja trance is, its' cool that you get a tough boss battle to follow. besides, kuja isn't really evil. i think the final battles and ending are great.

Big D
04-06-2003, 07:40 AM
Kuja's not really evil? He incited the wars that demolished Alexandria, Lindblum, Cleyra and Burmecia. He single-habdedly obliterated Terra, including all of the disembodied souls of the Terrans themselves. He even tried to destroy the Crystal, which would've annihilated all life.

I suppose it could be argued that Kuja himself isn't inherently evil, because he was created simply to destroy; he was serving Terra's purpose and doing Garland's bidding. Before the final battle, he was desperately obsessed with the notion of his own mortality, so he wasn't thinking rationally.
But I still think that Kuja can be regarded as 'evil' in much the same way as many FF enemies - not inherently evil for no real reason, but prepared to do terrible things for some allegedly higher purpose.

Kuja's act of 'redemption' - saving Zidane and co - is fairly insignificant compared to the extent of his crimes, and does not in any way make up for the atrocities he caused.

But yeah, it's good that Trance Kuja alone isn't the final opponent. It would've been nicer if Necron hadn't appeared to be little more than a hasty afterthought, though.

eestlinc
04-07-2003, 06:58 AM
well at least Kuja repents, has a heart, isn't totally insane, etc.

Chaos-totally insane
Golbez-similar situation, nice guy
Exdeath-totally insane
Kefka-killbot
sephiroth-totally insane killbot

muchacho
04-08-2003, 12:07 AM
im haveing trouble beating him can any one help?

Kimera 726
04-08-2003, 12:19 AM
I don't think Kuja's necessarily evil. Some part of his concience actually lit up at the end, whereas you got players like Kefka who seriously don't give a sh*t if the world's destroyed, as long as he's in power with the ultimate power and stuff like that.

As compared to Necron, necron seems to be the theory of all evil. true he's like a total noob to people who want to beat him (Ultimecia was much harder than him), but it all depends on what you think is worse. Somebody who wants to end all life or make mankind slaves? If necron's pure existance is to end life, he'd end himself too. Does he not care? Is he nothing more than a machine? Therefore is it safe to say he's evil or just some droid designed to (attempt) destroy all life when the time is right?

To beat Necron btw, be fast, heal lots, and use Dispel and Regen.

Rude
04-12-2003, 11:02 PM
To beat Necron btw, be fast, heal lots, and use Dispel and Regen.

I had Eiko, Amarant, Freya, and Quina in my party for this.

It was basically nothing but Eiko using Curaga, FullLife, Phoenix, and Madeen, Freya using nothing but White Draw and Jump, Amarant throwing Wing Edge's and making sure Eiko was always Aura'ed, and Quina using nothing but White Wind and Mighty Gaurd.

This method took me somewhere near a full hour to beat Necron (no kidding). I might have been underleveled to. I think I was about 43-45 in level.

It was a hell of a battle and a fun strategic battle at that, which is something that lacks in the other 2 playstation FF's (not counting Tactics).

Getting back to the original thread though, I felt the same way as the original poster. Necron came way out of left field. I found Trance Kuja to be a pretty good final boss, but the extra boss at the end was challenging enough to be acceptable. And to repeat what someone else said, It would have been alot better had Necron been aforementioned more frequently within the game itself.

/me shrugs

the blitzer
04-18-2003, 05:43 PM
NERCON IS A GUY WHOS PURPOSE IS TO RETURN EVERYONE TO THE ZERO WORLD WHERE THERE IS NOTHING, INCULDING NO FEAR OF DEATH. HE IS NOT TRYING TO KILL EVERYONE BUT MAKE THEM FORGET DEATH. HOWEVER THE ZERO WORLD WOULD BE SO BORING YOU WOULD WANT TO DIE. IT WAS DUE TO KUJIS ACTIONS THAT HE DESCIED THE TIME WAS RIGHT.

the blitzer
04-18-2003, 05:48 PM
NECRON WANTED TO SEND EVERYONE TO THE ZERO WORLD NOT KILL THEM.

Big D
04-19-2003, 12:45 AM
He wanted to create a world devoid of death... the only way to accomplish that is to end all life.

final boss
05-16-2003, 09:00 PM
I have two questions. 1. How could they have beat Necron if he had the ability to end all life? Would'nt he have killed them with his "end life" powers? 2. Did they beat Necron or did they manage to beat him to tell him there not ready for that yet? He did say that he is imortal. So he floated away. And wouldn't they talk about Necron at the end?

Roz
05-18-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Chocobo Breeder
Would you all agree the last boss, (Necron) had nothing to do with the actual game. When I first defeated Trance Kuja I thought I would be expecting a decent ending (It did have one anyway but that's beside the point) then this big deformed flying blue thing comes flying at me. I'm thinking "Who in God's name is that?". I just don't see what Necron had to do with the game. How the hell do you beat nectron anyway i keep dieing when he uses that move that puts you in all different status attributes:grr: :grr:

Roz
05-18-2003, 03:54 PM
[ [/QUOTE] How the hell do you beat nectron anyway i keep dieing when he uses that move that puts you in all different status attributes:grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr:

final boss
05-18-2003, 05:45 PM
If you have Steiner's Shock ability and Zidane's Ultima Weapon, and luck, there's a good chance you can beat him. I beat him twice with that stragedy. Hope that helps!

Sin Harvest
05-21-2003, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by final boss
I have two questions. 1. How could they have beat Necron if he had the ability to end all life? Would'nt he have killed them with his "end life" powers? 2. Did they beat Necron or did they manage to beat him to tell him there not ready for that yet? He did say that he is imortal. So he floated away. And wouldn't they talk about Necron at the end?

my feelings exactly. necron was just random, i think that garland would have been a much better ending boss, and necron could have gone as one of the secret ones, like ozma.