PDA

View Full Version : Edgar: Dragoon?

DocFrance
03-29-2003, 11:45 PM
I've always considered Edgar to be a dragoon. He wields the spear as well as the sword, he wears some pretty cool-looking green armor, and he has Cain's long, blonde hair. Care to comment?

Heath
03-30-2003, 01:40 PM
Give Mog or Edgar Dragon Boots and then they have the Jump command Dragoons/Lancers have. They both use spears but weren't really Dragoons in my book. Cid (FF7) has some limit breaks that are jumps making him one. Kain and the job class from FF5 have Jump as does Freya (FF9). Kimarhi has the Ronso Rage Jump (FF10) Making them dragoons.

m4tt
03-30-2003, 08:15 PM
I think that the true Dragoon has the Jump ability at all times, not as a Limit Break, or an equippable ability. So as far as I know (I never played the first three, and never got very far in Tactics) Kain, The FF5 bunch while in Dragoon form, and Freya were the only true Dragoons.

Kimahri and Cid might of used spears, but they weren't Dragoons. Just spears uses with a Jump attack as a limit break. Edgar was a Mechanic, that was his class, Mog = Dancer.

Edgar
03-31-2003, 06:19 AM
N-O!

Daryl
04-01-2003, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by Gau
I think that the true Dragoon has the Jump ability at all times, not as a Limit Break, or an equippable ability. So as far as I know (I never played the first three, and never got very far in Tactics) Kain, The FF5 bunch while in Dragoon form, and Freya were the only true Dragoons.

Kimahri and Cid might of used spears, but they weren't Dragoons. Just spears uses with a Jump attack as a limit break. Edgar was a Mechanic, that was his class, Mog = Dancer.

Matt said it best. I'm not familiar with FFV, but when I think of a Dragon Knight/Dragoon, I think of Kain and Freya. Edgar and Mog aren't Dragon Knights.

BobDarkavenger
04-01-2003, 02:35 AM
You guys are forgetting Richard from FFII. He's the original Dragoon. Edgar and Mog weren't Dragoons, they were a Mechanic and a Dancer respectivly like Gau said.

Pancaek
04-01-2003, 04:20 AM
No, he's just a randy king. =P To be honest, I hardly ever have him use spears. Usually Mog gets the spears, so Edgar's stuck with swords. Even then, I have him use tools instead of fighting.

m4tt
04-01-2003, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by BobDarkavenger
You guys are forgetting Richard from FFII. He's the original Dragoon.

Yeah, I thought I might of forgot someone. I haven't played FF2.. yet.

DJZen
04-01-2003, 11:27 PM
Yup, Richard was the original Dragoon, and he had no jump ability. To be fair though, no one had the abilities they should have had at that point. If they were making the game that FF2 is today, Guy/Gus would probably have the Capture command from FF5, Leyla would be stealing things left and right, Josef would do things like "Flying Kick" or "Build Up", and Gordon would be a bard, since the sucky guy is always a bard.

But I digress. Edgar is an Engineer. His nifty inherent ability is that he can use machines. I'm fairly sure that in the Japanese version of FF6 it actually says "Engineer" or "Machinist" or something similar next to his name on the menu screen.

Denmark
04-04-2003, 11:01 PM
No.

Blasphemer.

chadmonkey
04-04-2003, 11:08 PM
Edgar's a pimp. He wears a cape, hits on women, is rich and owns a castle that can cruise the desert. That definately makes him a pimp. And how could he be anything but with that finger twirl of his.

Silent Warrior
04-08-2003, 04:47 PM
*Clicks "No, he's just a randy king." and falls off the chair laughing my head off.*

DelightfulSpekkio442
04-08-2003, 04:57 PM
Yeah, I thought I might of forgot someone.

I'm sorry to be picky, but this particular mistake drives me bazongas. It's "might have." It just sounds like "of" when you say it fast.

I agree with the majority: he's a randy king. :D

~MJE~

bebi vegeta
05-19-2003, 01:59 AM
chadmonkey put it best, edgar is a pimp (a bad one) but a pimp none the less!
(p.s. Mog is the real dragoon!)

playaGAW
05-22-2003, 05:38 AM
Mog is a pimp I saw a picture Amano drew of him before. With the fancy glass and Martell sittin in a chair. Just look at it and you go damn he be pimpin.

m4tt
05-22-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by bebi vegeta
chadmonkey put it best, edgar is a pimp (a bad one) but a pimp none the less!
(p.s. Mog is the real dragoon!)

Originally posted by Gau
Mog = Dancer.

Faris_the_guy
05-24-2003, 09:42 PM
Mog=not Dragoon
Edgar=not Draggon

bebi vegeta
05-25-2003, 02:09 AM
yo faris, jk, there was no true dragoon in ff6 (although i wish there was) with final fantasy 6 they made it a universal thing (basically instead of one person only being allowed to jump, they all can with the right relic)i only know of dragoons being in the 4 and 5 versions of final fantasy (at least for final fantasy series)

(p.s. i am the ff6 guru, i do not know much about the other ones!)

Faris_the_guy
05-25-2003, 09:56 PM
Give him a spear and a relic that has Jump and he acts like a draggon.
Give him a sword and a relic that has Cover and he acts like a knight.

bebi vegeta
06-02-2003, 02:36 AM
see, act is the key word, he "acts" like a dragoon, and if anyone needs to act like a dragoon it is mog because unless he has merit award, he cannot hold anything but spears.:mog: :mog:

Alicia
06-02-2003, 10:13 PM
I think that Mog was the Dragoon in Final Fantasy 6, he uses Spears and Lances...but then I thought it was odd that his special skill was "Dance":rolleyes2

Lexy
06-05-2003, 05:24 PM
There aren't any Dragoons in that game, imo! I think calling them such would be a disgrace! The old real dragoons hold such a place in my heart.....
You have to train specifically to be a dragoon (that's my take on it) and I don't think either Mog or Edgar did that. :)

muchacho
06-06-2003, 09:35 PM
i vote no. kain was a dragoon, ff5 job abilty was a dragoon, freya was a dragoon. edgar, mog, cid, ward, and kimahy are not dragoons.

ps. I AM A DRAGOON!!!!!!

Harlemoonbeams
06-07-2003, 02:14 AM
He just an annoying King....Dragoons dont use guns! :mog:

playaGAW
06-08-2003, 10:47 PM
There aare no guns in 6

Behold the Void
07-13-2003, 07:35 AM
Yea, Edgar is a mechanic, dragoons don't pull out things like chainsaws and autocrossbows. The only true dragoons I've seen are Kain and the Final Fantasy Tactics dragoons, I haven't played the other games with them.

Big D
07-13-2003, 09:07 AM
How do you define 'true dragoon'? In real life, you'd be hard-pressed to find a pikeman who can leap meters into the air whilst wearing full armour.

Edgar, however, is a first-rate randy king.

robfinalfantasy
07-23-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Gau
I think that the true Dragoon has the Jump ability at all times, not as a Limit Break, or an equippable ability.So I guess Richard does not qualify as a Dragoon. Poor Richard. He must be envious of the Jump command. HA.