PDA

View Full Version : This made me mad....

LionHart
03-30-2003, 03:07 AM
I spent a whole freakin hour trying to get 3 adamantoise cards to refine into a turtle shell. Right after I turn the last adamantoise i was fighting into a card (which gave me four because they appeared in twos), I got two turtle shells for beating them.:mad2:

Erdrick Holmes
03-30-2003, 03:35 AM
I never knew that transforming dangerous monsters into pieces of cardboard for a cardgame and then usings a magical ability to turn them into items to make weapons could be such a bitch to do.

Yeah I had a hard time trying to make the twin-lance, concidering the monsters you need to kill to get star frags are hard to kill.

Psychotic
03-30-2003, 11:00 AM
Well here's something that made me EXTREMELY mad.

1999, I borrowed FF8 off a friend. I got to Ultimecia, and beat her narrowly(because I sucked at RPGs then...). Just after I beat her, a power cut. So I never did see the ending.

2003, I bought FF8. I got to Ultimecia, and was hammering her. However, during that battle, thecolours decided they wanted to screw up, meaning I had no idea what attacks I was using... other than a captial letter and a load of squigglish afterwards. When I beat her I had no idea what the hell everyone was talking about so I still hadn't really seen the ending. No wait, I did SEE it, I just didn't know what was going on. I had to look at a game script.

kali
04-04-2003, 04:11 PM
you know what was fustrating?....looking for that blasted white seed ship!

Scandalous
04-04-2003, 09:01 PM
I found the whole game rather frustrating myself. Never did like it much. It didn't live up to my favourites, say, FFVII and IX.

Rye
04-05-2003, 07:26 PM
I hated looking for the forest, where you need to go through to get to galbadia gardens (the first time)

AND MOST OF ALL...

I hate how PS1 games almost never work on PS2. I had just beaten disc 2 and then disc 3 didn't work. They work perfect on PS1, but I didn't have one. I spent about a week in extreme suspence! Then a friend gave me his PS1 and now i've beaten the game! :D

Rostum
04-07-2003, 06:19 AM
Funny... my PSX games work perfectly on my PS2...

chappu
04-07-2003, 07:35 AM
Yeh, they run smoothly... Well, I tell ya what was frustrating, attempting to collect all the cards from the CC club members at Ragnarok, with all those shitty rules I never understood :P Oh, yeah, and also finding out my walkthrough forgot to mention when to get the battle meter :D :D

Scar Face
04-07-2003, 09:48 PM
I hate how Gilgamesh never appears When I'm having trouble with ruby Dragons!They're Breath attack does 9999 Damage to all of my characters!I also hate how I spent 4 hours trying to get Adamantine and couldn't get any.After I saved it and came back to fight adamantoises I still didn't get any of it.When I went into the Tomb of the Unknown King to fight some Armadodos,they dropped it!I SPENT 4 1/2 HOURS TRYING TO GET IT AND AN ARMADODO DROPS IT!!!:mad2: :grr: :mad2:

Rye
04-07-2003, 10:23 PM
OMG! That same thing (except for the king of tomb monster thing) happened to me! It took me SO long to get adamtine. Then I finally thought to steal, and i was done.

LionHart
04-08-2003, 04:02 AM
(Hmm...that reminds me, I still have to go back and get the Brothers...)

El Cid
04-08-2003, 04:34 AM
Heh. I never found the Brothers useful for anything but their HP-Junctioning abilities (and refining 100 quake spells, which just about doubles your HP).

chappu
04-08-2003, 06:38 AM
heh, i found brothers to be useful so i can say that i've gotten all the gfs in the game...

razor248725
04-08-2003, 07:08 AM
i got all my adamantine's from these thingos from the beach(are they the same thing???).....

Rye
04-08-2003, 10:44 PM
Those things around Dollet Beach, are Adamtoise, so yeah there the same.

Tidus StarWind
04-10-2003, 02:33 AM
Ok why is it so hard to get that item if you got brothers in the first place which takes no time at all you get one of their cards which with you can use the card mod ability to refine into ten so meh....

Freija
04-12-2003, 03:34 PM
Frustrating?

You want frustrating?

One word:

PROPAGATORS!!!!

Noooooooooo.......................... never again! Never, never, EVER again.......:eek:

Rye
04-12-2003, 09:17 PM
OMG I HATED THEM! I had to try about 5 times until I got them. @_@

You know what I hated. Looking for Gargantua in Ultemicia's castle

My guide said that the bridge with the key to his room was IN the castle. It tok me almost a day to find it. It ended up that it was in the clock tower! :grr:

Squall Leonheart
04-15-2003, 02:39 PM
what I personally hate is some of the battles where I'm forced to use characters that I never use. there level's are always annoyingly low and I waste a lot of pheonix downs trying to keep 'em alive:mad2: :mad:

Rye
04-15-2003, 10:48 PM
Me too! Especially that final battle!

RPG-Knight
04-16-2003, 04:57 AM
:P

Two words: Rare Item
you can get that ability from Eden I think...

About Propagators...
Blind works very well on them, and by that time I had Odin, so he practically did all the dirty job by himself (taking out 3 out of 5 propagators :P)

And yes... the freaking cards... oh boy.
It took like 38 hours of my life to get all of them (īcept Laguna...!!) I just had nothing to do at that time.

Rye
04-16-2003, 01:09 PM
Lo, I Hate playing Triple Triad. I lost all my crads to Zell's MOM *SOBS!*

Master.Pug
04-16-2003, 01:22 PM
hehe, I found all Cards & Items and never had such problems...
the hardest thing was to get to UltimaWeapon ;)
Omega is pretty easy

Dazlar Bynon
04-16-2003, 05:14 PM
Cards... that is relatively easy if you ask me, I resarted 3 days ago and am preparing for the SeeD-exam. I first made Quezacotl learn the card command and got Ifrit. I card a lot of 'Glacial eyes', 'Bite bugs' and 'Fastitocolon-Fs'. This way you get a lot of AP without the EXP and 'Jumbo Cactuars' and 'Elvorets'. Chalange the Card-lady (what's her name) to get the 'trade rule: ALL' this way it goes faster, play a lot of games but always check if the rule 'ALL' is active or you could lose it again. This way you get a lot of good cards. I got the first 5 pages and more, For some reason I haven't got the 'Jumbo Cactuar' card yet. :mog:

That spider-thing (ATM-something) is hard to beat, not impossible, but only on the bridge. I was told that it could only be done with Ice-Magic (Shiva, Blizzard, Blizara, Blizaga) and not junctioning it with 'ELEM-ATK'.
This counts for all 3 or 4 fights (I only once had to fight 4 times, must've pushed some wrong buttons). I play on the PC so I don't know if it counts for the PSX-version, Just wanted to warn you and not blame me IF it doesn't work. I was also told that you would be able to get Seifer, who was supposed to look at Squall more positive after the exam witch he didn't. :mad:

BraSkAs_FiNAl_AeoN
11-29-2003, 08:11 PM
does anyone know how to get lionheart on the first disc?

FFboy4ever
11-30-2003, 01:40 AM
oh my god! trying to get that train GF was the worst..i never got it. there was noo way i was going to try to get 6 of those Tentacles (?spelled right)

another thing that really upset me was my first battle with Adel... that guy who replaces odin came like 3 times and did his second strongest spell everytime. i was shocked Riona didn't die..but then Adel did like 3 meteor spells in a row followed by ultima and killed me. luckly phoeniox came to revive me but in bringing me back it killed Riona!:mad:

Peegee
12-03-2003, 02:23 PM
meltdown/doomtrain + armageddon fist = answer for all problems.

Also if you don't like playing with weak characters, level them up! By disc 3 when Rinoa is carted off, you can fly around the world and level everybody up. Yay

ShivaBlizzard8
12-03-2003, 04:39 PM
oh my god! trying to get that train GF was the worst..i never got it. there was noo way i was going to try to get 6 of those Tentacles

I thought so at first too, and to date I've never successfully beaten a Marborro. However, I just went to the Island closest to Heaven or Hell and saved. 90% of the time, the first battle I walked into would be a Marborro, and about 80% of the time Odin came and killed him for me. I just let Odin finnish them off until I had more tectacles than I knew what to do with. Doomtrain was a snap. :p

Squall04
12-11-2003, 05:03 PM
You wanna hear about mad?!? Final Fantasy VIII was the first RPG I've ever played, plus I borrowed it from a friend, so I never read the part in the manual about pushing "Select" to see the world map! Even when it told you how in the tomb, it never occured to me to try it on the world map. I beat the whole entire game (including the Deep Sea Research center to fight Ultima Weapon) without once referring to the map. That stupid Research center was such a pain to find! I finally saw another friend playing, and noticed something on the lower left corner of the screen, and was confused as heck. Turned out to be the map, so after making fun of me, he finally showed me how to get it.

But those Propogators were a pain, I didn't think to read that console that told you how to beat them (and I don't just use walkthroughs, at least not the first time I play a game)

But the WORST time I ever had in that game was the clock puzzle in Ultimecia's Castle, ya that was gay.

Maxico
12-11-2003, 07:48 PM
heh, Thats kinda funny.

Gregory
12-22-2003, 03:56 PM
Yeah, I know, trying to get lots of stufff for ultimate weapons... But what really ticks me off is how your 1 Tonberry close to finding Tonberry King, but he kills you... GRRRRR!!!!!

Zeidrich
12-22-2003, 11:11 PM
1 Tonberry close to finding Tonberry King, but he kills you

Ive never been killed by a tonberry......

Bahumat
01-16-2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by kali
you know what was fustrating?....looking for that blasted white seed ship!

Me too. Searched for nearly 5 hours.
Oh yeah, kali-how did you get killed by tonberry king?? his strongest attack is Junk. i used my namesake a lot in this battle.

Lord Xehanort
01-16-2004, 08:26 PM
Getting the Lionheart on Disc 2 was a long pain in the ass. I fought about 150 Blitzes before I finally got ONE FREAKING POWER GENERATOR! It was worth it to wallop on Raijin and Fujin 'ya know'.

I didn't even try to get Tonberry King, and I just drew Eden from Tiamat in Ultimecia's Castle. As for Malboro Tentacles for Doomtrain... Treatment, Odin, 100 Deaths junctioned to Squall's Stat-Atk... that about covers it.