PDA

View Full Version : Current Events forum

edczxcvbnm
04-01-2003, 04:00 PM
Yeah...so what qualifies as a 'Current Event' because some of those posts are not current events in there or even events at all. The forum makes no sense to me. I thought it was going to be a Political forum because all the posts in there relate to politics pretty much but that isn't it anymore.

I just want to know how to deterime what threads go in there. It seriously makes no sense at all.

Bring back the USSR!!
Has national news ever happened in YOUR area?
hitler vs saddam
Some dude from 2256 wins big in the Stock Market

Those threads confuse the hell outta me as to why they are in the forums. The first 2 don't even have anything to do with CURRENT Events. The third one I guess kind of makes sense but not really as it isn't a current event and the last on is obviously a bogus story that was fun to read and thus isn't an event.

Help me to understand the logic being place here because it seems rather twisted to me.

Burtsplurt
04-01-2003, 04:34 PM
It seems similar to the old Daily Grind forum (not the diary one), which was basically a smaller General Chat. Current Events seems to have a theme, but what qualifies as a current event is a mystery to me. As far as I can see, the 'April Fool' thread should go in there because that is a current event (it's today!), but that's obviously not what the forum was intended for.

I'm not sure what my point is, either...

edczxcvbnm
04-01-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Burtsplurt
It seems similar to the old Daily Grind forum (not the diary one), which was basically a smaller General Chat. Current Events seems to have a theme, but what qualifies as a current event is a mystery to me. As far as I can see, the 'April Fool' thread should go in there because that is a current event (it's today!), but that's obviously not what the forum was intended for.

I'm not sure what my point is, either...

Thank God I am not the only one who has no clue.

Loony BoB
04-01-2003, 04:45 PM
Current Events is the name of the forum, but it don't take the title too literally. Basically, it covers things that are in the news and/or involve politics. At least, that's the way I see it.

edczxcvbnm
04-01-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Loony BoB
Current Events is the name of the forum, but it don't take the title too literally. Basically, it covers things that are in the news and/or involve politics. At least, that's the way I see it.

Okay. As far as I can tell that still only covers the hitler vs. Saddam one. The other ones are not political or things in the news.

Mr. Graves
04-01-2003, 04:59 PM
Ed, Just think of it as a news/politics forum. What's in a name, anyway?

Dr Unne
04-01-2003, 04:59 PM
Maybe it should be renamed "politics / world events forum".

Leeza
04-01-2003, 05:01 PM
<i>Basically, it covers things that are in the news and/or involve politics. At least, that's the way I see it.</i> - Loony BoB

That's the way that I see it as well, BoB. It's a forum where issues dealing with all things in the news and politics, etc. could be discussed seriously and not flood General Chat, which is a place where not all things are taken seriously.

Spatvark
04-01-2003, 05:31 PM
I'll admit, I'm staff and I still have no damned clue what the crappity should go in there, so I leave it well alone =P

Loony BoB
04-01-2003, 06:00 PM
Politics
Bring back the USSR!!
hitler vs saddam

News
Has national news ever happened in YOUR area?
Some dude from 2256 wins big in the Stock Market

Like I said, don't take the things too literally. That's like saying that talking about a release date for a game isn't talking about the game itself. =P

Give me a thread, I'll tell you where it goes. *shrugs* I guess not everyone can define it so easily, but don't worry, Staff who can will help that.

Dr Unne
04-01-2003, 07:00 PM
<i>Give me a thread, I'll tell you where it goes. </i> --BoB

OK. What if I write a poem, about FF1, and how its is music better than Chrono Cross music, and I also happen to draw some fanart to go with the poem, but the real purpose of the thread is how my poem relates to the war in Iraq, but I'm also having trouble posting it and I need help; plus it's my birthday, and it's my first post at EoFF and I want to make it my newbie thread. Where does it go?

eestlinc
04-01-2003, 07:12 PM
The Help forum because you need help. :D

Loony BoB
04-01-2003, 07:17 PM
Don't be difficult, Unne. If that ever happens, then it depends on where it would be posted and the actual content of your first post >=]

EDIT: eest, you're so cool. *love*

Dr Unne
04-01-2003, 07:18 PM
Say I post it in the Magestar intro forum because I think it's the place for newbie threads, and you HAVE to move it out of there. This could really happen you know.

Loony BoB
04-01-2003, 07:20 PM
Give me the post so I can review it. *cuddle* My opinion would depend on the content.

Dr Unne
04-01-2003, 07:21 PM
*un-cuddle* :mad2:

Loony BoB
04-01-2003, 07:21 PM
What, that's it? I'd just close it.

Citizen Bleys
04-01-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Dr Unne
<i>Give me a thread, I'll tell you where it goes. </i> --BoB

OK. What if I write a poem, about FF1, and how its is music better than Chrono Cross music, and I also happen to draw some fanart to go with the poem, but the real purpose of the thread is how my poem relates to the war in Iraq, but I'm also having trouble posting it and I need help; plus it's my birthday, and it's my first post at EoFF and I want to make it my newbie thread. Where does it go?

In the asylum, with you.

eestlinc
04-01-2003, 11:00 PM
*licks BoB*

why don't you just delete a thread like that. Pretend you never saw anything. Plausible deniability.

Yamaneko
04-01-2003, 11:00 PM
I say we have one forum for everything. We can call it "The OOC Septic Tank Forum".

Loony BoB
04-02-2003, 06:04 AM
Hell, why not have just one big massive forum?

Shlup
04-02-2003, 06:19 AM
*changes*

Better?

Del Murder
04-02-2003, 06:33 AM
Why can't they all be like you, Shlup?

Shlup
04-02-2003, 07:42 AM
Because growing a set of cans like this is hard work.

eestlinc
04-02-2003, 07:42 AM
*works hard*

Del Murder
04-02-2003, 07:48 AM
*visual*

....of eest*

Shlup
04-02-2003, 08:04 AM
I don't think anyone suggested "World Events" when it was decided that that forum would be made, it was a quick decision and I went with the first suggestion I saw when I made it. I apologise for my lack of insight.

And OMG stop.