PDA

View Full Version : Straight Character Challenge

Night_Sword
04-01-2003, 10:28 PM
It's been awhile since I made a thread like this so..here it goes.

Many of you know of the Straight Character Challenge and those that don't can go to www.gamefaqs.com and look it up in the tactics section. The last thread didn't work too well but I have a feeling that this one will. This time I wan't you to sign up here and then using my d20 roll you a class, that class is yours too beat the game with in SCC style and then report back using any strategies or ask for help. I rolled an 11 and have recieved the class 'Geomancer' soo sign up and I'll pm you your number.

gotenks_2322
04-02-2003, 11:33 AM
A few minutes ago, i was going to start a full summoner party. I was gonne come here to post about it lol,but now i want in on this. roll me a number :)

Night_Sword
04-02-2003, 01:50 PM
I rolled you a 13 so you get the class Lancer, I have done a Lancer SCC before and my only suggestion is to save up and take vert Jump 8 and hori jump 8 before anything else. Oh and pick a high brave team because you're going to rely on fists for chapter one :)

Here is my update for Geomancers:

Before Dorter
I selected my team of High Brave, Low Faith Male Geomancers and leveled them up to level 5 before tackling Dorter.

Dorter Trade City
Resets: 0
Deaths: 0
Crystalized: 0
Surprisingly easy for my party I had no problem getting through this as I was very lucky, in my first round I Don't Moved the Wizard and the knight with pitfall and just sniped them out, while Delita delt with the Rooftop archer. Afterwards I just took them out one by one starting with the wizard.

Sand r-a-a-a-t Cellar
Oh my god easiest battle of all time. I am so glad the terrain is Natural Surface (pitfall) because it owns this map. The first round I don't moved EVERY knight so they blocked the enterance of the monk and archer and just sniped them out, this battle must have lasted 3 minutes at the most.

Thieves Fort
Another easy battle for my team, this map was Demon Fire country and although I wasn't exceptionally lucky this round I still had no problem with it, the highlight of this match was the Demon Fire sleep affect on TWO of the white mages both charging fire on Delita.

Thats where I am so far, I'll post more updates later.

shadows of betrayal
04-02-2003, 08:06 PM
All right roll me a number, *whispers*Not dancer not dancer*:eep:

JuREXic5
04-02-2003, 08:37 PM
yeah give me a challenge too! ive been needing it!!!

Night_Sword
04-02-2003, 09:17 PM
All right, shadows rolled 7 for thieves and jurexic rolled 2 for chemist.

JuREXic5
04-03-2003, 01:26 AM
kewl! i like this challenge. so anyway what does SCC stand for anyway?

and dancers arent bad, i love them!

gotenks_2322
04-03-2003, 03:34 AM
SCC stands for Straight Character Challenge

I havent played much lately, so i still have 2 characters to turn into lancers.I dont really like lancers,but i think this will be fun :D

JuREXic5
04-03-2003, 05:59 AM
oh i see, im an idiot, hehe. my chemists will rock. are there any other rules or restrictions?

gotenks_2322
04-03-2003, 11:56 AM
got all my ppl to lancers,time for school though :(
there arent any rules except for what on www.gamefaqs.com

Night_Sword
04-04-2003, 01:29 AM
Update #2 - Fort Zekden

Lenaria Plateau
Another very easy battle for my Geomancers, the time mage and two wizards lined up on three squares just perfect for an Elemental attack. After the threat with the wizards was dealt with I sniped and slashed the remainder of the enemies.

Windmill Shed
Certainly the hardest battle so far, for the first time in a story battle Ramza fell into critical. It started badly with stasis sword stopping one of my mancers but in the end I surrounded him and made Wiegraf retreat.

Fort Zekden
Resets: 2
Deaths: 1
Here it is, the most difficult battle in the first chapter. My first reset was stupid as I forgot to learn Blizzard for my mancers, but the second was bad luck, Algus used auto-potion 5 times and even then I brought him to 2hp before someone crystalized. My third attempt was slightly better as I brought him to critical and led ramza who was targeted with fire2 beside him to finish him off.

Chapter 1
Resets: 2
Deaths: 1
Just as I suspected chapter 1 wasn't difficult at all, on Night Sword's newly patented 'challenge-o-meter' I would give it a 1/10. Elemental simply owns chapter 1.

gotenks_2322
04-04-2003, 03:30 AM
i just made my way through chapter 1 also. i had my team completely wiped out against wiegraf.I gained 1 level for everyone,came back and oblitherated them.Fort zeakdon was really easy for me,for some reason algus wanted to dash at me.The other knights and stuff were tough,but when algus was next to me and a wizard cast a spell on me,i would jump on him,spell hitting him with about 60 and jump at 18. 2 of those and it was over.

I had a very rough time. Even the random battles became very tough.It would take a hit from every single party member to kill 1 monster, and it would take like 7-8 hits for an armored person. i would give this about an 8.5/10

As soon as i hit chap. 2 and got the weapon for my lancers,it was like 1 hit jump, or 2 attacks to kill a single monster.

i may have made a mistake at the beginning by getting dragon spirit for all my characters.It saved me a few times,but i probably wouldnt have been in that predicament if i had a higher jump skill. I had 1 death at zeakdon,my weakest lancer by a wizard.

Night_Sword
04-04-2003, 02:14 PM
Oh, do you know how to calculate jumps so the enemy will never move out of the way?

Kletian Drowa
04-04-2003, 05:45 PM
Heh,

Roll me a number as well, this seems interesting. I cant find that link what you were talking about.

~KD

chadmonkey
04-04-2003, 05:52 PM
I'm game, roll me a number. I don't know how much I'll be able to play, but I will when I can.
Also, I don't know how to calculate when the lancer will land, how do you do that?

Night_Sword
04-04-2003, 06:29 PM
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/final_fantasy_tactics_straight_char.txt this is the exact document,its pretty long so....

Kletian rolled a 12 for mediator, which by the way is one of the most fun SCC's in the game.

Chadmonkey rolled a 10 for Oracle which is also on of the most amusing SCC's.

If you want to calculate jump you check your targets CT and if its less than 50 it will hit and if its more it will miss.

chadmonkey
04-04-2003, 09:39 PM
Oracle, huh? This will definatly be one of the most memorable times playing through the game.:D

Raknorak
04-04-2003, 09:42 PM
roll me a number i gotta try this

mabye ill get squires...

chadmonkey
04-04-2003, 09:45 PM
So what happens if you get a dancer? Is there a way to get Ramza to be a transvestite or do you have him just hang out in the corner during story battles?

Night_Sword
04-04-2003, 11:01 PM
Raknorak rolled an 8 for Time Mage, which is another fun class, and if you get dancer you can either gameshark him as a dancer or you can make him a bard.

Raknorak
04-04-2003, 11:16 PM
JOY I LOVE TIME MAGES!!!
any specifics on gender and stuff?
and does anyone mind if i talk bout my challenge on this thread?

Night_Sword
04-04-2003, 11:17 PM
Nope, thats the point of the thread, you update everytime you finish 4 or 5 battles.

Raknorak
04-04-2003, 11:35 PM
Dorter Trade City

Sand r-a-a-a-t Cellar

Thieves Fort
i have to say time mages really kick...
between dont move and stop my crew really beats them...

P.S. i used the names of battles from night_sword cuz i dont really remember them all

Raknorak
04-04-2003, 11:42 PM
im not gonna mention non story battles cuz thats just stupid, if you want more information on these less important battles then email me at sbones869@aol.com

gotenks_2322
04-06-2003, 01:24 AM
im up to lionel castle. the one with the 1v1 fight against gafgarion and others stuck behind gate.
Up to this point, i have had no deaths.I had no idea that lancers were so good.After i got me weapons,it was smooth sailin.
Now i cant wait to start over with another character:D
im hopin for somethin flashy like summoners or white mages :)

gotenks_2322
04-06-2003, 04:28 AM
with the lancers,wouldnt it be better to learn level 8 jump and ignore height instead of vertical jump 8? vert jump 8 costs 900 jp,ignore height costs 700, and considering i cant use any support abilities but whats on my job class,it wont be wasting a space or anything.

gotenks_2322
04-06-2003, 05:31 AM
NVM.I never was a lancer person,so i thought it would allow me to jump to any height,not move to any height. good thing i only bought it for 1 character

gotenks_2322
04-06-2003, 08:34 AM
im havin some serious problems with wiegraf.....
he hits me with 140,2 hits kills me and he gets first hit.
im at lvl 18
i do 132 damage to him with a jump,but as soon as i land im done for. I suppose i can try to raise my speed with some sprint shoes or somethin.any suggestions?

gotenks_2322
04-06-2003, 04:11 PM
NVM. I went back to a shop and found there was new armor.It gave me enough life to survive 2 hits and i lived.The fight with velius was easier than with wiegraf. he did kill all my ppl first time,but second time,he was doped up or somethin :p
chapter 3 was just as easy as chapter 2 until the end. If it had many fights with the difficulty of fights such as with velius, or with gafgarion in lionel castle, i would have given it a much higher difficulty rating. chap. 3 gets a 5/10

gotenks_2322
04-06-2003, 06:15 PM
i finally beat it with the lancers.The lancers are sure pros.the 4th chapter was about as hard as the third chapter.i was disappointed with st ajora and hashmalum though,they were terribly easy as always. anyways,time for a new class :)
I dont wanna wait for u to get back to roll me a number,so ill do it myself.Ill just get a random number from some1
1-squire
2-chemist
3-black mage
4=white mage
5-time mage
6 summoner
7 oracle
8 ninja
9 samurai
10 thief
11 geomancer
12 dancer
13 bard
14 mediator
15knight
16 archer
17 monk
18 lancer *finished
19 calculator
20 mime

got the monk. :( i wanted a magic user

gotenks_2322
04-08-2003, 01:32 AM
i use an emulator to play fft so i can have as many memory cards as I want. I can upload my lancer memory card and a psx emulator(if you dont have one) in case you want to see my characters.
Im working on several SCC's now. my friend likes to watch me play,and he wanted me to go through wit ninjas,so im playing SCC's with ninjas and monks on seperate mem cards
BTW, anyone know what is up with my post count under my profile? iv apparently posted more than 0 times lol,but it continues to say 0

gotenks_2322
04-08-2003, 09:01 PM
jes got past zeklaus desert with the monks.pretty easy considering i made sure all my monks had wave fist and move-hp up before i got there,but thats besides the point :D

Im just now getting to dorter on the ninja game. it took me quite awhile just to train up to ninjas

JuREXic5
04-08-2003, 11:09 PM
son of a... i wont be able to start the SCC with my chemists til i have free time, new quarter started and i need to read a lot.

Shortybomb
04-08-2003, 11:10 PM
I'm in, Roll me a number. Can you lvl up freely with SCC or just do the story battles? Also are there any restrictions about secondary classes etc? Thanks

chadmonkey
04-08-2003, 11:40 PM
Quick answers: There are level caps and no, you cannot use any abilities form any other classes. You can only use those abilities that are available to your class.

Long answer: Read this FAQ (http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/final_fantasy_tactics_straight_char.txt) at Gamefaqs.

gotenks_2322
04-09-2003, 02:02 AM
jes did zeklaus desert wit the ninjas. when my friend leaves i go for monks. I guess ill get started. considering nightsword doesnt seem to be around often, i can give u a random class from the list on page one. i just ask some one in the house to guess a number between 1 and 20.
k u got 12, dancer. if you use my random class i suggest you use a gameshark to get your ppls to dancer,it is allowed.Also you can turn ramza into a dancer this way,if you dont have a gameshark,he must be used as a bard

JuREXic5
04-09-2003, 05:21 AM
so we cannot have any secondary abilities?

Shortybomb
04-09-2003, 07:57 AM
Aight, I guess ill take the challenge for Dancers/Bard (ramza, I dont have a GS). This should be interesting. Ill start as soon as I get a chance.

gotenks_2322
04-09-2003, 11:16 AM
you just cant use secondary abilities that come from other classes, such as being a lancer and using the item ability or autopotion.That wouldnt be allowed because you would be using a skill from another class.You can use support abilities from your own class though.for example,you choose to do an scc wit monks.You cant use autopotion,but you can use hp restore,counter,or hamedo as an ability

JuREXic5
04-10-2003, 12:33 AM
so basically you cannot have any secondary abilities? in secondary i mean the ability in the second slot, the one under the class' main ability

So my setup would be:

Item
Blank/Nothing (???)
Auto Potion
Maintenance
Move Find Item

Hmm... I just realized this might not be so easy... HAHA.

It'll be OWNAGE once i get guns though!

Shortybomb
04-10-2003, 07:54 AM
Alright, Officially starting my Dancers +1 Bard SCC (need bard for Ramza), will spend most of the night just to get the dancers/bard. Wish me luck (why do i always get the f'ed up challeneges :P)

JuREXic5
04-10-2003, 10:30 AM
i know of a good way to gain good jp and low exp for power job leveling.

well if anyones heard of it before then im sorry i didnt steal it from anyone...:D

okay heres the strat, pretty plain and simple... always have a character at lvl 1, then have the characters you want to gain more jp than exp to learn gained exp up and throw stone. go into battle in mandalia plains, kill all enemies except one and immobilize the last one somehow, there are many possibilities my favorite is speed break and power break. so yeah once you got that done have everyone stone the lvl 1 dude and heal occasionally. you shouldnt be doing it for too long because job levels arent too hard to get.

for dancers
lvl 2 squire
lvl 2 knight
lvl 3 monk
lvl 4 geomancer
lvl 2 archer
lvl 3 thief
lvl 4 lancer

shouldnt be too hard, highest level youll get will prolly be 4 by the time you obtain a dancer.

at higher levels its a great way to get 1 exp, and 50+ jp, but you can always use the lvl down trick... oh well this is just how i do it.

soooo yeah anyone wanna answer my questions above???

gotenks_2322
04-10-2003, 10:51 AM
if he can power job level then it might take him until level 4,but i was level 8 until i could become a ninja. If you dont have a gs you can use an emulator and some cheating program( [pec] for instance). You can also show proof that you did the SCC by having a transferable memory card

and nope,no secondary abilities

TheChosen1
04-10-2003, 01:21 PM
roll me a # please since i cant play anyway i'll just start a new game on my last empty block. (dont let it be a priest... ewww)

Shortybomb
04-10-2003, 04:59 PM
Can someone please explain dancers to me? I have never used them before cuz I thought them to be useless, and when i first used them, I had all 4 of them do wiz... soemthing.. the damaging one, and they did it like 3 times before the other side got to attack. How do the turns/spells work for dancers? Thanks

gotenks_2322
04-10-2003, 11:35 PM
thechosen_1 you got the knight. They have a good advantage in armor and attack power, but lack in ranged attacks and movement.
iv never used dancers before, i doubt i ever will until i do the dancer SCC.

its good to have some other ppl post here. for like a few days this thread died lol. i was here by myself

if you can stand to play a game on an emulator you can have almost infinate memory cards, so no worry on space. i start a new mem card with every new SCC i do.I can upload an emulator for you if you want to download one. I use VGS since i have a bad video card.If you have atleast a mediocre video card,you can use epsxe. The graphics and stuff is better wit epsxe,but you have to do some configuring

Shortybomb
04-11-2003, 05:38 AM
I would rather play on the straight playstation cuz me and my roomates have 2 tv's out there with a GC/Xbox/PS2 on the other TV so I can either play that while my dancers do their work or I can watch TV. Ill try and make some screen shots to show my progress, I just got to chapter 2 and im only at lvl 13 (took me till lvl 9 to just get the bloody dancers). I know there is no way to prove all the shots are from the same game, i.e. map shots, but i wouldnt lie about something like that since I do like a good challenge. Just a question tho... anyone know how the hell im supposed to beat wiegraf or other 1v1 battles, or velnius, cuz im stuck at him on another game where my guys are already lvl 36... hehe, just thinkin ahead, thanks

Also yea, I agree with Gotenks, people start writing on this thread again, its only been like 3 people for the past few days. Lates

gotenks_2322
04-11-2003, 12:52 PM
the roughest fights iv had have been wit wiegraf and gafgarion at lionel castle. If u can survive 2 hits from wiegraf, you can usually win.Alls ya have to do is weaken him. Something like sprint shoes to allow you to take your turn first would help alot,especially if u have a ranged attack. Then u can attack him and move back to be out of his reach.

TheChosen1
04-11-2003, 01:03 PM
:D I got a knight? well thats wat i was when i beat the game my first time, ofcourse i did have the punchart ability but never the less i never used it, so it should be fairly easy for me. Kicking the:choc: asses!

And nevermind about the memory card i found an empty one so now i can save all i want. ty neway

p.s. KNIGHTS RULE!

Shortybomb
04-11-2003, 09:32 PM
Man, Wiegraf in the first round and the monostary is givin me some mad problems. Like 3 of my guys die before i get a turn. I am lvling a little cuz i was only 20 and they were 23, but anyone got any suggestions? im SCC dancers +ramza bard

gotenks_2322
04-13-2003, 04:38 AM
Alls i can say is concentrate every effort on him. Even if you have a low chance to hit him, go for it. Since hes the only thing to take out, dont even bother hitting other enemies. If you dont act during your turn and just wait, it will give u a small CT boost.

Shortybomb
04-13-2003, 05:36 AM
Yea, ive been trying that, but I lose 3-4 of my guys before i even get a turn. Im gunan try and level some more cuz i was thinkin the cap for where i was is 35 instead of 50, so ill lvl to around 45, giving some room for exp in next battles before end of chapter. Ill hopefully do it by tonite, but I have no idea how ill be able to kill velius. Also, should i have my dancers equipped with C bag or the wierd cloth?? Thanks

Shortybomb
04-13-2003, 05:37 AM
Also, off topic, how do i change my options on this forum, like signature and comments and stuff? I cant figure it out. Thanks

TheChosen1
04-13-2003, 01:35 PM
Okay at the very top of the screen there shud be a horizontal list of things and the last 1 shud be logout. The 1st 1 says profile. go the and then there shud be another list above ur threads and stuff. the first link on that list says edit options and so on.

Tom &/or Marsh
04-13-2003, 02:22 PM
Roll me a number, I can't wait to start!

deathzero99
04-13-2003, 08:06 PM
I'm up for the challenge! Roll me in as well!

gotenks_2322
04-13-2003, 09:19 PM
Tom &/or Marsh you have the archer

deathzero99 you have the time mage

deathzero99
04-13-2003, 11:57 PM
ALL RIGHT A CHALLENGE! This should be fun! I'll try to keep you guys updated on my progress.

Wish me Luck!

LeonHeart22
04-14-2003, 06:25 PM
Roll me a number! Roll me a number. *prays that he won't get squires* *shudders at thought of being rolled squires*

Deadmansl
04-14-2003, 07:03 PM
better squires than mime...would that even work?

Deadmansl
04-14-2003, 07:13 PM
i was messing around to see who i would get (ill do the SCC after i beat this round of FFT). I rolled 20(mime), then a 10(thief), then 13(bard), then a 4(white mage), and lastly a 15(knight). i have to say...when i do roll for real im gonna be scared.

TheChosen1
04-15-2003, 12:35 AM
I finally got up to velius as a knight, i beat wiegraf, once but i was lucky but i cant beat that damn motha****er velius.
He is so annoying i will keep trying though.

as my grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand father used to say IF AT FIRST U DONT SUCCED ... U SUCK LIKE HELL. IF U DONT SUCCED AGAIN MIGHT TRY A THIRD TIME AS WELL.

JuREXic5
04-15-2003, 04:10 AM
why should you be scared? you can beat the game with any class. hell i got a chemist and im looking forward to beating ass

Deadmansl
04-15-2003, 07:10 AM
i wasnt exactly scared but MIME!? come on lol

Shortybomb
04-15-2003, 10:39 PM
Mime would be touch, but probably the most strategy oriented, also time consuming.

Shortybomb
04-17-2003, 03:27 AM
Whew, finally beat wiegrad and vormav the first time. Time to tackle Wiegraf and Velius... any hints? im dancer SCC.

Deadmansl
04-17-2003, 10:20 AM
i would prob have 2-3 dancers slowing and the rest doing damage song or melee damage i guess. its late and im not gonna look at the guide :D i will in the morning though.

Shortybomb
04-17-2003, 10:53 AM
Help!!! I cant even beat Wiegraf before he transforms. Each hit does 168 damage and i only have 213 hp. I cant keep away from his hits and i cant heal fast enough (only heal 23 hp at a time). I need help!

Im using bloody strings, holy mitter (need +1 mag or he kills me in one hit), forgot which armor, but best i could get, and sprint shoes (need so i can move first)

What do i do?!?

Shortybomb
04-17-2003, 12:19 PM
Someone roll me a new one. Im gettin nowhere fast with the Dancer one. Unless someone tells me how to beat wiegraf/velius (cant even beat wiegraf), I aint goin no more.

Blackmage
04-17-2003, 02:48 PM
I just started doing a monk SCC using female monks and Ramza. Man, it makes it a LOT tougher to have the others as females. I'm only at Fort Zeakden and getting owned there. I'm trying to stay as low a level as I can; I'm only Lv 10 right now, but it looks like I'll have to go level a tad more.

gotenks_2322
04-18-2003, 02:01 AM
shortybomb, you got the time mage if ya wanna take it.

Shortybomb
04-18-2003, 04:16 AM
Bah.. figures i get another hard one. No matter tho, I beat velius. Problem tho... I started at lvl 45 and ended at lvl 57 after healing and boosting speed/PA/MA to kill him. Is that a problem as long as I dont lvl anymore??

Shortybomb
04-18-2003, 05:35 AM
Thanks Gotenks, but ill work on the Dancer on more since i beat Velius and ill get another class. I cant stand another tedium class. I need a fun one. Ill let cha know when i will start a new one.

gotenks_2322
04-18-2003, 06:02 PM
if ya want to try an easier class, try lancers. i didnt know they were so dam good. i beat the 3rd chapter before i reached the 1st chapter level cap.
its just cool when a mage casts a spell on ya, then ya move next to them and jump on them. Hitting them with their own spell while you stay out of danger

BobDarkavenger
04-19-2003, 11:49 PM
Give me a class.....

gotenks_2322
04-20-2003, 12:55 AM
samurai for u

Shortybomb
04-20-2003, 05:44 AM
why does everyone else get cool classes and i get DANCERS!!!! hehe

Their battles are such luck. In stuck on the one where you have the floor the area. Its pissing me off cuz even with angel rings they cant stay alive long enough to open the way without atleast one getting crystalized, and im sure as hell not starting a new dancer. Bah! Valk was a bitch too, it was soo lucky. The rest are gunna be tough.

gotenks_2322
04-20-2003, 05:53 AM
well ya didnt have to do the one i gave ya lol, ya coulda used one of your choice or just asked for another. i did the lancer which was given to me by nightsword, but now im working on pretty much all of them( whichever suits my mood at the time im playing) lol

Deadmansl
04-21-2003, 12:05 AM
actually im very interested in doing a lancer one. Though im gonna buy a Memory card for FFT only :)

gotenks_2322
04-21-2003, 02:44 AM
spending money on memory cards

just another reason to use emulators :D

Deadmansl
04-21-2003, 06:19 AM
i dont mind hehe

Shortybomb
04-21-2003, 08:45 AM
how much are PSone mem cards??

gotenks_2322
04-21-2003, 07:34 PM
most i see are around $15

Deadmansl
04-22-2003, 08:24 AM
i think ive seen them at 10 bucks..maybe not i dont remember.

gotenks_2322
04-25-2003, 09:01 PM
iv stopped my SCC progress lately so i can work on the solo ramza challenge, so after im done with that, ill get back to the SCC's

Deadmansl
04-25-2003, 09:32 PM
make a topic like Ramza SCC results so we can see how your doing

Shortybomb
04-29-2003, 03:20 AM
bump, dont wanna lose thread.

FFT_Lancer
04-29-2003, 03:29 AM
NM, don't need a suggestion, i'm gonna try thief, it will be tough but i think i can accomplish it, anyone like to try tougher? How bout we see who can beat the game with the crappiest class? like someone beat it with bard, and someone else beat that with chemist etc...., anyways, i'm gonna du thief

Shortybomb
04-29-2003, 06:16 AM
chemist would be fairly easy, just very defensive and kinda crappt till ya get guns. Try dancers... they are tough. The bard makes it easier if ya dont have a GS but on some battles you get killed before you can even do anything, and they are slow and cant move far... Im stuck on Geminia peak or whatever its called in act 4. There is no way i will be able to kill altima. hehe.

Shortybomb
04-29-2003, 06:17 AM
i dare someone to try mime :P

Iori
04-30-2003, 02:27 AM
someone roll me one for later, cause i am like... wow.. im playing my 4th save of FFT... the first 3 i failed miserably.. now that i know whats up, i got the ppl rollin..
this is my current team.. im in zaland

Samurai // Guts (ramza of course)
Summoner // Black Mage
Mediator // White Mage
Ninja // Thief

plus i have agrias and mustadio sittn around jackin off.... agrias is the shiznit, once she ACTUALLY JOINS the party..... holy explosions in the Hooooooooooouse! lol

by the way, if you roll me squires, bards, dancer, or mimes,........I KEEL YOO!!!!

Iori
04-30-2003, 02:28 AM
*prays for geomancer*

Iori
04-30-2003, 02:30 AM
WAIT!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE A 20d!!!!!!! *runs*........ ok whats 6?

Iori
04-30-2003, 02:31 AM
YES!!!!!!! SUMMONER!!!!!!! AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAH WOOHOOO!!!!!!!!! *cancels current fft gamesave*

YES!!!!! I OWN JOO ASS!!

gotenks_2322
04-30-2003, 12:29 PM
actually id say the hardest challenge is calculator.No one has ever finished this challenge(at least, as far as the people who wrote the faq knows).They are slow,weak, and cant move far.

deathzero99
05-02-2003, 05:52 AM
My report on the Time Mage challenge is I'm at the beginning of chapter 4 and let me tell you Veilus is a super ass monster to beat when you have no hitter. But luckily Haste2 and Meteor kept me ahead of the game I'll report later. See ya!

Night_Sword
05-04-2003, 12:44 AM
Zodiacs are really freaken easy with time mages, demi 2 their asses.

Ramza_Beoulve
05-21-2003, 04:46 PM
I there are any #'s left please rool me one:) Thanks:tongue:

DCI Superfan
05-21-2003, 05:05 PM
Straight character challenge.... as opposed to a Gay character challenge? :p

Yeah, I had to make the obvious joke...

DCI Forever!!

Mwork
06-01-2003, 01:13 AM
So, Night_Sword (or anyone with a Geomancer SCC, really), how's your game coming along?

Gotten past Velius?

Any tips for him?

If not, I'll just go ahead and see what strategies I can find on my own..

Nakor TheBlue Rider
06-04-2003, 05:06 PM
If you got Calculator would you be allowed to learn all the other spells.

Mwork
06-04-2003, 06:08 PM
Sure. You'd have plenty of extra Jp from levelling Jobs up to open up the Calculator Job. You wouldn't be able to use them, though, since they aren't part of the Calculator skillset. Although not using them would make a Calculator SCC impossible....

...And I guess I'll have to find a way to beat Velius myself, then....

Nakor TheBlue Rider
06-04-2003, 08:49 PM
I would say it is fair to use spells as a calculator because that IS what the class is designed for.

If you werent ment to use them then calcs would have their own spells.

Whoever invented SCC probly didn't mean the Calc couldn't use any spells.

They are like the exceptiuon to the rule. Every rule has an exception.

Mwork
06-05-2003, 03:36 AM
The spells don't belong to the Calculator Job. They belong to other Jobs and, therefore, aren't part of a straight Calc challenge.

But hey, no one's gonna slap your wrist for using them. Go right ahead if you want. At least you'll have a chance of beating the game that way. :)

Gregory
08-11-2003, 09:42 PM
I need a number to prevent me from suffering form an easy ass game. Pleeeze ninja or samurai.... ninja and samurai.....

Incomprehendable
08-12-2003, 08:21 PM
May I have a # plz?