PDA

View Full Version : The Ending! It's confusing! *Many Spoilers*

Rye
04-02-2003, 01:50 AM
Wow! The ending was good! But confusing!

Ok I have questions. Any theory is good ^.^

1. Did Matron/Edea know Ultemicia's intentions the whole time?

2. Did squall die!?

3. How did he come back!?

I was about to say that, the ending was the worse ever but squall came back! ^.^ The scene with squall crying before he "died" was cool and sad?

I think Rinoa restored Squall with the power of :love: LOVE :love: . Or socceress powers. :eep:

LionHart
04-02-2003, 04:34 AM
All of the following answers are my opinions:

Answer #1: I believe she did, but she had no power over her own body and Ultemica wouldn't allow her to warn Squall and the others.

Answer #2(it's actually a question): When did he die? I remember him like being lost and the others found their way back, but he walked and walked searching, but then passed out from exhaustion, not death.

Answer #3: Like I said, I think he had just passed out from exhaustion.

Rinoa Heartilly
04-02-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by RikkuYuna89

2. Did squall die!?

I was about to say that, the ending was the worse ever but squall came back! ^.^ The scene with squall crying before he "died" was cool and sad?

I think Rinoa restored Squall with the power of :love: LOVE :love: . Or socceress powers. :eep:
1: from the minute she got possesed yes , as wy she didn't warn the others i think Lionheart's right on the mark
2 : either he was about to die or he was dead, or comatose at the very least

3: i'd say sorceress power...since if you listen to the white SeeD's history lesson you'll know know that Rinoa is no ordinary sorceress (as far as a sorceress can be considered 'normal' anyway)

Prodigy
04-02-2003, 07:28 PM
1. Probably

2. No.

3. See 2.

Erdrick Holmes
04-02-2003, 09:00 PM
I will just stick with what everyone else said. The ending was freaky, I thought I was high when I saw it.

Kimera 726
04-02-2003, 11:30 PM
lol

1. IMO I think Matron only knew that Ultimecia was a sorceress, nothing more. That whole talk was basically a sequence of events that led to the whole story of FF8. Ultimecia possesses Edea, SeeD is born, travels to the future to kill Ultimecia, and Ultimecia travels to the past with her last ounce of strength and possesses Edea again. It's a causality paradox. :whoa: I know it doesn't make a lot of sense, but suffice it to say Squall was only viewing what started it all (did Squall start it all!?).

2. I always thought Squall never died (sure looked like it like brain death or something). But yeah, LionHart's description best fits my idea here.

3. I think Rinoa's sorceress powers revived him on that spot. In the end, she has Life and Full-Life magic to use. :D

Rye
04-04-2003, 10:16 PM
I will just stick with what everyone else said. The ending was freaky, I thought I was high when I saw it

Lol! Me too, especially when the scene with Rinoa showing Squall the shooting star (first time), was all weird and replayed a million times all blurry and everthing.

I pretty much agree what with Lion Hart said, He probably was in a comma or close to death. I even saw his hand move a little when Rinoa came to him.

... If you listen to the white SeeD's history lesson you'll know know that Rinoa is no ordinary sorceress (as far as a sorceress can be considered 'normal' anyway)

Hmm... with her socceress powers she only seemed to heal, so I think she is a White Mage Socceress! ^.^

Ok I want to say another thing about the ending...

How many of you thought that Rinoa was crazy and lonely, when you saw her point up at the shooting star, alone. Well, she wasn't alone but you couldn't see Squall from that angle.

I thought she was sad and pointed up to the star to see if it would bring Squall back... :( that was sad.

ChibiInuYasha
04-04-2003, 11:01 PM
Everyone's forgeting the whole bit about when the time compression begins to think about the one place u wan to be with your friends (the place where Squall said "come here and you'll find me..blah..blah) I think Rinoa was imagining being there with Squall, thus her love brought them there! :D Well that's my theory any way!

LionHart
04-05-2003, 05:41 AM
Is it a trademark of the FFs to have the ending so dang confusing? I've played seven and eight(that's it) and both of the endings leave you hanging. I hate things like that. Oh well, FFVIII was a really good game, my fav.:D

Rye
04-05-2003, 02:52 PM
Wel FFIX's (9) ending gave you an ending that really didn't leaving you hanging. It just made you wonder a little about... well you just have to play for yourself to find out ^.^

FFX really kept me wondering, but now that FFX-2 is coming, it doesn't any more ^.^

S2Knight.F
04-15-2003, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by Kimera 726
lol

3. I think Rinoa's sorceress powers revived him on that spot. In the end, she has Life and Full-Life magic to use. :D

excellent answer!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

Dazlar Bynon
04-15-2003, 07:23 AM
The ending is weird indeed, The part where Squall goes back to Edea. Where he would create a 'Time Loop' by talking to her when he is around there as a kid. This is the reason for Edea to start SeeD (I mean it was her idea). This 'Time Loop' would implode existance or do something else nasty, because in the first part of this loop squall did not arive at Edea to talk to her and Edea would not have created SeeD. This is why I would never travel back in time if I had the possibility.

I believe that Laguna is Squall's father, I haven't found any direct proof, except for maybe what Kiros say inside the Ragnarok when you talk to him or Ward. I could say more, but this is enough for now.
Does anyone else have an opinion about that?

Lexy
04-15-2003, 11:41 AM
It's been a while since I last beat the game, but if i can remember correctly, I didn't think the ending was confusing at all! I never thought that Squall was dead...ever. That thought didn't come to me once in the years I've known the game. He just gets woozy and passes out. believe me, I've seen ppl collapse in death, and that's not what it looks like. :tongue:
Also, it's a total given imo that Squall is laguna's son...otherwise that would be a pretty crappy plot. I mean, it being pretty obvious that laguna is his dad, and yet let's say that square came out and told us that he isn't in fact. I would kill them; not because I have any personal need for laguna to be squall's dad, but that is just horrible writing! Leading us on for no purpose? eh...

Dazlar Bynon
04-15-2003, 07:36 PM
I know what you mean, I just started again 2 days ago from the beginning of course. It has been a while since I last played it, but I also never thought he died, he was trying to find his way back. That is how he got to far back in time in the first place, He must've thought of 'the good old days' :choc:

People disrespect death to easily, there's no need to fear it. At least I don't think so, It'll happen and immortality is way overrated, as is the need to rule over everything and stuff :mad:

I believe in reincarnation & balance, therefor I am good nor evil. I hope this helps you to understand the way I think and so what I write here as well, don't judge me on that. I'm just different from most people, but I don't run around the bush :greenie:

Rinoa_Heartilly
04-15-2003, 09:22 PM

2. Did squall die!?

OK, here goes........
1) I think Matron/Edea did know, but she was trying to recover a little and/or didn't want Squall and the others to worry too much or something.

2) Squall didn't die, he just fainted from exhaustion. If you watch the very end after the credits, you see that he is there.

3) He was probably knocked out for a while, and stayed in the infirmatory, I really have no idea!

By the way, Dazlar Bynon, if you need any more proof that Laguna is Squall's father just PM me and I'll tell you, because it will take too long to write.

Rye
04-15-2003, 10:24 PM
Lol I jus found out figured out the Squall/Laguna things a few days ago! Geez... It's so obvious I can't believe I missed it. Besides, they looks so alike!

Dazlar Bynon
04-16-2003, 06:52 AM
I think I have found most proof, if not all, of Laguna being Squall's father. Important is to go to Winhill where you can find out that Raine had a son and died shortly after, I think you can get the old lady in the house filled with flowers to tell you this.
So I hadn't told you she was Squall's mother, I don't think I got that wrong, else I don't know how things are anymore. :greenie:

:love: but tell me if I'm wrong and explain yourself, please. :love:

On disc 2, the Moombas will see Laguna in Squall, but you might find that out inside Shumi-village, I don't know that anymore. :greenie:

Rye
04-16-2003, 12:56 PM
Yeah the Moombas! I love them. I'm surprised that Selphie the Laguna obsessionist, didn't notice that Squall and Laguna look alike.

Dazlar Bynon
04-16-2003, 02:49 PM
In the end movie where Laguna and Ellone are standing over Raine Loire's grave. I always thought he looked up at Squall thinking something like "Well done, son", but that might not have been it! I just realized a couple of minutes ago that he could have wanted Raine to know what had become of her son and how proud she could be of him. :whoa:
Of course this is not certain, but it feels a lot better to me. :choc:

I just love Selphie, always positive, happy and filled with overly violent thoughts. I'm thinking of the Timber mission right now...
:p BLOW IT UP WITH A ROCKETLAUNCHER :p
It just wouldn't be the same without her! :cry:

Rye
04-16-2003, 05:25 PM
BLOW IT UP WITH A ROCKETLAUNCHER

Lol! Yeah it wouldn't be the same without her. BOOYAKA!
^.^

Edea Kramer
04-16-2003, 11:36 PM
1) Matron didn't learn of Ultimecia's intentions until after she had been under her control... therefore, she shared the information with the party on Disc 3 and no sooner.

2) Squall didn't die... If you wait until after the credits, you see Squall and Rinoa very alive and very together.

3) Squall was never dead... After the time compression and the events that occured after it, he was rendered unconscious and, once in Rinoa's arms, he woke up. (Hence the reason Rinoa smiles right before the screen slides away and the cherry blossoms do their swirlies.)

^_^

Cowboy Dan
04-16-2003, 11:42 PM
#1: Yeah but she was posessed and couldn't tell
#2: Well he got tired and then went insane. I observed the video a couple times and noticed that whenever he tried to recall an image of rinoa it was wiped from his mind. The guardian forces were making him forget. So when he forgot everything he broke down and died.
#3: I don't think Squall was really there and Rinoa is just insane :p

The ending is really sad if you think about it my way... sorry I had to push that on you:tongue:

Rye
04-16-2003, 11:46 PM
I thought she was crazy until I saw squall. Now I notice that when squall was unconcious and rinoa help him, his hand moved a bit. I missed the smile... it was probably because I was about to cry...

Advent Child
04-16-2003, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Cowboy Dan
#1: Yeah but she was posessed and couldn't tell
#2: Well he got tired and then went insane. I observed the video a couple times and noticed that whenever he tried to recall an image of rinoa it was wiped from his mind. The guardian forces were making him forget. So when he forgot everything he broke down and died.
#3: I don't think Squall was really there and Rinoa is just insane :p

The ending is really sad if you think about it my way... sorry I had to push that on you:tongue:

you know at heend after the credits you SEE squall, so he's alive.

Rye
04-16-2003, 11:52 PM
When I said die... I saw them after the credits y'know. I thought that he died, but than rinoa did like some kind of Full-Cure/Life spell on him, like she did on Seifer.

Cowboy Dan
04-16-2003, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by d0p
you know at heend after the credits you SEE squall, so he's alive.

i know, thats what opinion c is refering to. I think that he is not really there.

Lexy
04-17-2003, 08:57 AM
lol, Jesus, do ppl like, not read the whole post before they reply?!??!?! Ppl are like, "no he wasn't dead cos u see him at the end", totally disregarding the fact that even those who might think he died also think that he was brought back!

Anyway, I like that theory (that Rinoa was crazy). lol...I really don't think it's true, but I like it nonetheless...

Erdrick Holmes
04-17-2003, 04:15 PM
I find it weird when at the ending When Squall actually smiles now that just gave my brain a massive jolt.

Rye
04-17-2003, 05:11 PM
Lol! Yeah I got surprised too! Thats why I love to see that scene (Now that i have PSMPLAY it's no problem! ^.^)

Oh BTW I love your FF8 dedication music video! It's soo awesome!

Erdrick Holmes
04-21-2003, 09:11 PM
I also find it funny when during the credits Irvine is dancing like a total dumbass as if he were drunk (prolly was) and Zell is eating those hotdogs and chokes on one and gets pissed and throws a hotdog at the video camera that Selphie holds I laughed at that part so freaking hard.

Rye
04-21-2003, 10:02 PM
I though it was funny when Selphie was wearing Irvine's hat! She looked like like she was doing the robot when she had it on, for some reason.

Dazlar Bynon
04-25-2003, 01:54 PM
I though it was funny when Selphie was wearing Irvine's hat! She looked like like she was doing the robot when she had it on, for some reason. She was most likely making fun of him, duh!

Rye
05-01-2003, 09:37 PM
Lol! Probably ^.^ I love that part :) *plays over and over* And the part where irvine was dancing around quistis @.@

Kenara
05-02-2003, 12:46 AM
weel i just finished the game for the first time and i though the ending was brilliant, way better than X's ending and i loved that even though was crying. but 8's ending was so happy i had a lump in my throat, I especially like the video camera part it was very funny and was done so well, way better than what I though it was going be like. On the whole the ending was well worth the wait, and i now know why people like 8 so much.:choc:

Erdrick Holmes
05-02-2003, 12:57 AM
Zell finally got his hotdogs. But then he throws them at Selphie. Swear when I saw the ending I could have swarn I was tripping on acid or some other kind of household cleaner.

diablos uNo
05-03-2003, 12:39 PM
i liked the ending but i dont think it was quite long enough!! i wanted more:p