PDA

View Full Version : Whats the deal with ZoZo

MJN SEFEIR
04-02-2003, 08:19 PM
Why does it have buildings with signs that are against what they are I mean it will sa "INN" when it's not an INN or PUB when it's not and why do people always say the OPOSITE of what there doing

"I'm not Going to fight you to day" says Dadluama and then he does fight you!?

Advent Child
04-02-2003, 09:53 PM
the residents of zozo lie. It has cool music. That's the deal.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-02-2003, 10:06 PM
It's basically a town of thieves with the "there is no honor among thieves" angle taken to the extreme. Instead of just being untrustworthy, they go out of their way to say the opposite of what they mean. Love it.

chadmonkey
04-02-2003, 10:22 PM
My guess is since the answer to the clock riddle is in the fact that no one tells the truth in town, Square went out of their way to make sure that everything, sign, person, etc... said the opposite of what is truthful. Its too bad that they didn't design Zozo in the negative of the sprites, backgrounds, etc.. I know that that would look wierd, yet it would be cool too. Perhaps thrown in as a bonus level, dungeon, kinda like in FFV when you are in the last dungeon and cruising through earlier maps.:)

Psychotic
04-03-2003, 06:45 PM
Just a ZoZo related thought

Any of you who have played FFIX think Zozo is like Burmercia? ie enternal rain, they're both trashed and random encounters despite it being a town....

Also, Treno in FFIX is comparable to Jidoor - they both have auctions(the only ones in FF), and they have snobbish aristocrats.

MJN SEFEIR
04-03-2003, 07:02 PM
AND another thing what are those people "In line" for you know that building were there all walking and that man tells you to stay in line?

and Psycotic: this one now is unrelated to 6 but how about Mirage = Esther!

CloudDragon
04-05-2003, 11:57 PM
Use your imagination! Possibly going up to sleep or something, I don't know really.

ZoZo is a unique place, and has cool music. That's about it.

Strider
04-06-2003, 05:47 AM
People standing in line = Soup Nazi. *nods

Psychotic
04-06-2003, 12:20 PM
Oh yeah, and in Zozo there's this room where people run around in a loop, and you can stand in the way and hold em all up. That's fun for about 5 mins...

Jimmy Riddle
04-06-2003, 01:07 PM
Also did anyone notice that in Zozo, there's a bloke that sells you RustRid for 60,000, but there is no use for it at all!!!!1 I maen, what are you supposed to do with Rustrid???/?/

Heath
04-06-2003, 04:23 PM
RustRid opens a door for you that was previously blocked off. If I remember correctly it is either to get to Terra who went off in her Esper form in WoB. Either that or to get to Cyan in the WoR.

chadmonkey
04-06-2003, 05:15 PM
Yes, you use rust-rid in the WOR above the first building you pass when you enter town to find Cyan. But be careful, there is a Thunder/Wind Dragon cruising around in this cave; You can also steal muscle belts if you want them from the Borras in there.

o_O
04-08-2003, 12:26 PM
You only need to be careful of the dragon if you open the chest it's in first. :p

Edgar
04-09-2003, 03:45 AM
remember the clock hands that the residents keep talking aobut? :)

If I remember clearly it's...6:10:50?

I maybe wrong,haven't played for a year...

RydiaOfMist
05-25-2003, 08:01 PM
i hated the city of zozo when i played FFVI. The music was great, however I just found it too tedious to climb the buildings while fighting off the enemies. I guess my levels were a bit low...but I didn't like that city.

Behold the Void
07-13-2003, 07:41 AM
I always though Zozo was irritating because I knew that the espers (and the magic they granted) were so close yet I had to get through that freaking city to get to them. So irritating...

BG-57
07-13-2003, 05:17 PM
The people of Zozo remind me of those logic puzzles I used to see. Many of them involve people who always tell the truth and those that always lie. I don't know which fate would be worse. :eep:

The old SNES FFIII guide (back when FFVI was known as FFIII) compares the city to L.A. in 'Blade Runner'. A city always at night and in the rain. No replicants though.

Atma Weapon
07-14-2003, 06:22 AM
95% of the people in Zozo are giving you hints about the clock puzzle. To determine the correct time for the clock, you are supposed to write down the times they say, and deduce the correct time by eliminating the ones that the townsfolk said, because they are all lying because Zozo is a city of liars. That's tedious and unnecessary though, Edgar's post has the correct time. Also, did Zozo and Jidoor remind anyone else of Bleak and Auron?(not sure about the name of that second one), the night and day towns of the original SNES Breath of Fire?

MJN SEIFER
07-17-2003, 11:35 AM
Theres one thing that's definatly cool about ZoZo and that's this!

Dalkaen
07-21-2003, 06:11 PM
Atma: Well, I wouldn't say that Bleak reminds me of Zozo, because its not necessarily a town of liars, its more of a town of thieves... Those are closely related, but I can't say that it reminded me of Zozo. I don't know where you're going with the second one. I believe you're talking about Auria? That was a town made entirely of gold... I don't know how that compares..

Atma Weapon
07-22-2003, 04:44 AM
Zozo and Jidoor are two towns, one with the rich people and one with the poor people. Auria is made of gold, and the people are all rich. Jidoor is also a rich town. Bleak and Zozo are full of thieves. Bleak and Zozo are always darek while it is always day in Auria and Jidoor. Oh well, it really isn't important.;)

Dalkaen
07-22-2003, 01:56 PM
Oh, I forgot completely that you said anything about Jidoor. ;)

Sorry about that. Now that I think about it, they are rather similar. Jidoor is full of a lot of stuck-up nobles, and Auria is full of very much the same... I think Bleak and Zozo have a number of differences, but I definitely see where you're going. ;)