PDA

View Full Version : Best Battle Music in a Final Fantasy

Kimera 726
04-02-2003, 11:51 PM
I'm a music freak, and I love the fighting in Final Fantasy. Somes all I really need is a music with a fast beat or a dark tone to really liven up the drama of a battle. I've only played FF8, 9, and X and seen bits of X-2. I'm curious to know what battle music you guys most enjoyed in the Final Fantasy Series.

This is a multiple choice poll too...

I pick 8 and 10 btw.

El Cid
04-03-2003, 12:08 AM
*Votes for 4* I first played it in elementary school and I still haven't gotten tired of listening to it. Now, the Easytype script, on the other hand...

Battle music's usually among my favorite tracks in any FF game. Still haven't played IX or X, but I've heard the final battle music from X and it's almost enough to tip the scales in its favor. Almost. :)

edczxcvbnm
04-03-2003, 12:12 AM
FFVIII and FFMQ mother fuker!

Pancaek
04-03-2003, 12:17 AM
My favorite battle themes are in 1-6 and Tactics. The ones in 1-6 are a lot more lively and battle-ish than the newer ones. Tactics' normal battle themes were all right, but the special themes like Antipyretic and Battle On The Bridge are the ones that really shone.

Imperia
04-03-2003, 03:59 AM
FF X has the best battle music. Definitely THE best.

ChibiInuYasha
04-05-2003, 08:25 PM
IX, it gets your blood racing and u really get into it

Blue Headed Man
04-05-2003, 08:45 PM
If Mario RPG was there, that had to be the best.

Blizzard
04-06-2003, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by edczxcvbnm
FFVIII and FFMQ mother fuker!

Psychotic
04-06-2003, 12:16 PM
The best battle music has to be Final Fantasy IV Boss Battle Theme

HOOTERS
04-06-2003, 03:25 PM
Definately FFVII because of:
-normal battle music
-boss battle music
-chocobo battle music
-Jenova battle music
-Sephiroth battle music

MagicKnight Locke
04-06-2003, 08:25 PM
ff7 music was crap....oh well my favourite is ff8,ff5 and ff9.All are good

Sephiroth's Mate
04-11-2003, 10:53 PM
all FF7 battle music rocked especially one winged angel (the music playing when you fight sephiroth at the end) and the boss battle music.

however the FF10 music for in one of the end fights (the song is called otherworld its like death metal and just rocks all the way to hell)

chadmonkey
04-11-2003, 10:58 PM
FFVI's battle music was great. This was back when square re-used and revamped the battle music and crystal theme and that battle music still gets my blood pumping. FFMQ also had great music. I loved that game for it's great music, colorful graphics and interactive zelda-style play. It's just a shame that the game itself was designed as a beginner game so it lacked in so many areas(especially predetermined battles).

Sephiroth's Mate
04-11-2003, 11:11 PM
sorry a bit off topic but what does MQ stand for anyway?

chadmonkey
04-11-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Sephiroth's Mate
sorry a bit off topic but what does MQ stand for anyway?
Mystic Quest

Sephiroth's Mate
04-11-2003, 11:15 PM
Mystic Quest as in originally called Mystic Quest Legend type Mystic Quest?

chadmonkey
04-11-2003, 11:20 PM
Mystic Quest as in originally called Mystic Quest Legend type Mystic Quest?

I don't know what it was called in Japan but it is called Final Fantasy Mystic Quest in the US.

Sephiroth's Mate
04-14-2003, 03:11 PM
well do you run round and actually see the enemys and every now and then meet some ninja type dude with an arm that extends a lot?

Blackmage
04-15-2003, 03:00 PM
As far as normal battle music goes, either FFIX or FFXI. But when it comes to special battle music, FFT takes the prize there. *wonders why this thread isn't in the music forum*

chadmonkey
04-15-2003, 05:19 PM
well do you run round and actually see the enemys and every now and then meet some ninja type dude with an arm that extends a lot?

Yes, you can see all of your enemies on screen and you do meet a ninja dude, names Tristam, who uses a claw as a weapon that extends as well. The goal of the game is to revive the four elements again(or something to that extent).

the tortured one
04-20-2003, 11:49 PM
i guess this doesnt count as a final fantasy, but Chrono Trigger had awesome music. if i had to pick a final fantasy, Id say FFX's battle music and FF7 for everything else

animee_
04-21-2003, 04:24 AM
FFX had cool battle music, i liked the music during the last bosses of the game, and when you first challenge Yojimbo and Lulu's old smmoner, in the cavern of the stolen fayth

Iori
05-01-2003, 04:13 AM
all FF7 battle music rocked especially one winged angel (the music playing when you fight sephiroth at the end) and the boss battle music.

however the FF10 music for in one of the end fights (the song is called otherworld its like death metal and just rocks all the way to hell)

ONE WINGED ANGEL IS THE BEST SONG IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE

Big D
05-01-2003, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by Hootenanny
Definately FFVII because of:
-normal battle music
-boss battle music
-chocobo battle music
-Jenova battle music
-Sephiroth battle music

ONE WINGED ANGEL IS THE BEST SONG IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE
I'm inclined to agree.
*votes accordingly*

EDIT: WHY the HELL can't I quote Sephiroth's Mate properly?

Sephex
05-01-2003, 07:26 AM
Hands down IV has the best battle music. To me all of the battle music in the game conveyed the way battles went in that game. Especially boss battle music. As great as VII's 'One Winged Angel' is, I still vote for FFIV only.

Reine
05-02-2003, 04:12 AM
I chose 7 because of J.E.N.O.V.A (Thats the music thats plays on the way to Jenova Synthesis and Sephiroth.)

All the battle music is awesome as well.

However I liked Terra, Bran Bal and Crystal World from FF9 as well.

From 8, Lunatic Pandora
From 6, Fierce Battle, Dancing Mad and Kefkas Theme (Wahahahahahaha!!!)

MQ has really good battle music, but the sheer easiness would probably disappoint you, Sephiroth's Mate.

I agree with Big D and Sephiroth's Mate about One Winged Angel.

I fight Safer Sephiroth just to hear the real version.
(Damn MIDIs....)

President Drummer
05-13-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Big D
[quote=originally posted by Sephiroth's Mate]all FF7 battle music rocked especially one winged angel (the music playing when you fight sephiroth at the end) and the boss battle music.

EDIT: WHY the HELL can't I quote Sephiroth's Mate properly?

You gotta do it like this..

(QUOTE)(SB)Originally posted by x (/SB)
blah blah blah whatever they said (/quote)

But of course, you would replace () with [].

I think you were missing the sb part or something...

Oh... and to stay on topic, FFX was my pick.

Kurohime
05-15-2003, 07:32 AM
Final Fantasy 1, 6, 7, 9, and 11.

1 and 6 have this really hyper-charged "I gotta battle!!" speed to them. 7's is just all around COOL. 9 gets me hyper and energized, too... especially with that bass. And 11 is just... wheeeeee! ^_^

*victory fanfare*

crono_logical
05-15-2003, 08:22 AM
FF1 has Battle Theme and boss themes :p
FF2 has it's battle theme :p
FF3 has a very nice battle and boss tracks :p
FF4 has good battle/boss/last boss tracks :p
FF5 has nice battle and boss themes, plus it has Battle with Gilgamesh, and the two ExDeath tracks :p
FF6 has nice battle and boss themes, and has Dancing Mad at the end :D
FF7 has good battle and boss themes, plus One Winged Angel :p
FF8 has good battle music, cool boss music, and the last last boss music track :p
FF9 has good battle and boos tracks, plus that nice waltz type version of the battle music, and the battle music with Kuja, and the last boss music :p
FFX has good battle music and boss music, and brilliant Seymour's Battle track to go with them :D
FFXI has nice battle tracks (all 4 of them) :p
FFT has good music too, sounds more orchestral then other FFs :p
FFMQ just has a groovy soundtrack all round :p

FFX-2 is the only one that sucks, to be honest xD

i90east
09-06-2003, 05:03 AM
I feel that the FF6 battle theme was an improvement over FF4's battle music. Also you can't forget about FF6's boss theme, Atma Weapon theme and of course the end boss theme. That was epic. FF7's battle music was alright, but not as catchy as FF6's. Everything got lame after FF7.

Divina
09-14-2003, 12:01 AM
FFIX's battle music for me, thanks. I love the regular fight music. ^^

Blackmage
09-14-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by crono_logical
FFX-2 is the only one that sucks, to be honest xD
Cheers to that. Geez, that whole soundtrack's a piece of crap, in my opinion.

Rase
09-14-2003, 10:21 PM
Battle Music: FF4 all the way.

Boss Battle: FF4 alll the way.

Fiend Battle: FF4 all the way.

Last Battle: FF4 all the way.

I think you know how I voted.

Outsider
09-14-2003, 10:41 PM
Battle music: FF4
Boss Music: FF6
Fiend Music: FF4 (fiends) or FF6 (atma weapon), they are both great.
Last Battle: FF6 (Dancing Mad)

Yeah, let's consider it a tie. :D

Ramza_Beouvle
11-22-2003, 05:12 AM
hmm.... every FF game has thier bads and goods, but fortunately, FF4, FF5, FF6, FF8, FF9, FF10, and FFT and TA have the goods!:p
Final Fantasy IV's battle music is reallup beat and I really gets the player...er at least me hyped up in battle!
Final Fantasy V's battle music is good, too, it is upbeat yet not too upbeat, it allows the player...er me to think...heh heh-_-;;
Final Fantasy VII battle music is is another hyped up one, really makes me concentrate in battles, but the downside is that I gets bit annoying at times...
Final Fantasy VII's battle music is however, a bit different than the other ones... or is it just me...
Final Fantasy VII battle music is really catchy and it is my top fav! I sometimes purposely get into battles just to hear it!:p
Final Fantasy IX's battle music is somewhat happy-sounding, or is it just me....???
Final Fantasy X's battle music is somewhat calm, but it reminds me of Tidus alot!
Final Fantasy Tactics' battle music.... hmm..... there's so many.... ah heck! They are all good!! The music allows the player....ME! To think straight! It also makes me feel relaxed in battle!
Well, that pretty much sums up everything I got to say about the battle songs.

Rainecloud
11-22-2003, 09:27 AM
I love the FFIX and FFVIII battle music. They're just catchy, that's all.

Killing to music has never been more enjoyable.

JseanjohnC
04-21-2004, 02:19 AM
final fantasies 9,10,10-2 were really good!

Aphelion
04-21-2004, 02:35 AM
FFVII ( I guess the name is "Still more fighting") and FFIX Boss Theme.

Del Murder
04-21-2004, 02:35 AM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=43138