PDA

View Full Version : Dark Aeons

ultima buster
04-03-2003, 09:07 AM
hi all, ive just came back from the calm lands and ive gone back to thunder plains. i spoke to a soldier type looking bloke and he said "you heathen" the next thing i see is this evil looking ixion and it killed my characters in 3 moves. i want to start a thread where it can be as good as the first 3 topics on here and i want it to be on info about your tactics and how you defeated these dark aeons.

PS when do they appear and is there most than just ixion. also when (or if) i ever defeat them do i get to keep them.

thanks to all who right to help me and start a new gigantic thread.

:choc: just gotta love dem chocobos

Prodigy
04-03-2003, 11:11 AM
There is a dark counterpart for every Aeon in the game. So that goes from Valefor (found at entrance to Besaid) to Magus Sisters (found near the place where you fight Sin (with seymore in the party))

I can't be arsed telling you how to get to them all - you're gonna need to do a lot more levelling up before you even consider fighting them.

You don't get to keep them but they drop armour with ribbon/break hp limit so it's worth killing them a few times over (i.e. if you don't get what you want then reset and try again) to get some great armour.

The best tactic is simply to level up. Get to the monster arena and start boosting your stats. Max strength, max agility, max defence and you'll be well on your way. You can probably take out a few with just those stats full. But you could do with getting evasion, magic defence and hp cranked up a lot.

Takes time mind.

Dark_Mage_Palom
04-05-2003, 05:29 PM
This is for the International vers. right?

Prodigy
04-05-2003, 09:49 PM
Yeh so basically everywhere - except US

fff
05-06-2003, 11:28 AM
use yojimbo. if yuna is to slow equip her with a staff that got first strike. doesnt work on dark yojimbo cause you have to kill him more than one time

Sorathegrate333
01-13-2005, 12:02 AM
I got there and died in 4 turns so don't ask me anything. I stink at that game....I needed a friend to get me there....

shadowknight
01-13-2005, 08:34 AM
man those thing are really hard 2 beat but i did do it besides dark anima that dude is impossible...
anyone else try him???

sayen
01-13-2005, 01:39 PM
i have only beat dark valfor gave yojimbo 1 gill and he did zamarto can you increase the chance of him doing it without wasting gill.

Ultima Shadow
01-13-2005, 03:49 PM
use yojimbo. if yuna is to slow equip her with a staff that got first strike. doesnt work on dark yojimbo cause you have to kill him more than one time
Don't use Yojimbo. Zanmato is cheat and an awfully boring way to fight.

i have only beat dark valfor gave yojimbo 1 gill and he did zamarto can you increase the chance of him doing it without wasting gill.
Repeat: Zanmato= pointless battles.

man those thing are really hard 2 beat but i did do it besides dark anima that dude is impossible...
anyone else try him???
Yea, Dark Anima is pretty tough... but he's nothing compared to DARK MAGUS SISTERS!!! :eek:
And THEY are nothing compared to Penance...

i want to start a thread where it can be as good as the first 3 topics on here and i want it to be on info about your tactics and how you defeated these dark aeons.

Well... here's the way I did it: Dark Valefor, ifrit, Ixion and Shiva= I used my overpowered Bahamut, hasted to make him 2,5 times as fast as the Dark Aeons and attacked normaly for 99,999 dammage each turn and when the Dark Aeons where about to attack I defended. Bahamut could also use Curaga if he ran low on HP. Pretty much a cakewalk...
Dark Yojimbo, Bahamut, Anima and Magus Sisters= I used the celestial weapons and my most powerfull characters AND almost all my summons. Dark Bahamut was hard... but since my characters had about 200 Agility and used Hasteaga I became much faster than him and I blocked most of his attacks with Aeons. Quickhit with celestial weapons almost every turn. Dark Yojimbo- I didn't fear his moves as much as I feared Bahamuts... but Zanmato is extremely dangerous. I summoned Aeons before the Dark Zanmato and used their Overdrives before they died. With protection on my party and 255def I could take any of Dark Yojimbos normal blows. Dark Anima- tough battle... really... but it went pretty much the same as for Dark Yojimbo. Summon aeons before the dark Oblivion etc. What really made this battle a pain in the ass... is the awfully deadly attack "Mega Gravion". :eek: Dark Magus sisters- Even harder battle. First strike-call aeon to block Delta Attack and then I used Anima-Oblivion and my own Magus sisters-Delta Attack and after that they where killed I used Quick hit on the small one until she died. Then I went for the fat one... I used Auto-life, Megaelexirs, Haste-items (since normal haste take more time to recover from) and Quick Hits. When all 3 are alive it's a hell. but once the small one is out it becames alot easier.

note: you should have 255 accuracy and high luck + Ribbon or Stone Proof before you fight the later Dark Aeons...