PDA

View Full Version : More Monitor Problems!

Zifnab
04-04-2003, 10:25 AM
I was on my computer today, and everything was fine. But I turned it off, and after about 1/2 hour-1 hour, I turned it back on.
I got a message saying 'new hardware detected, installing drivers' or such and such.
Then I continued, and now I'm having the same problem as in this (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28451&highlight=monitor) thread, with the screen! I tried doing the same to fix it, but there's no option to change the screen config anymore (see attachment).
It's really worrying me, as I didn't download anything beforehand, and I haven't changed anything on my computer for awhile. I don't see why I got this hardware prompt!
I'm using ME btw.

Zifnab
04-04-2003, 10:30 AM
Ok, I did a good old fashioned reboot, and it all seems fine now. The options have all returns (new attachment), but if someone could shed some light on what happened, and if it'll cause problems in the future I'd be grateful.

Spatvark
04-04-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Jenova·Rebirth
I'm using ME btw.

You answered your own question there. ME is the worst OS Microsoft have ever created; I'd recommend downgrading to 98 SE if you have it or go for 2K/XP.

Remember: ME IS THE DEVIL!

BUT NOT AS COOL!

Citizen Bleys
04-04-2003, 04:19 PM
ME stands for More Errors.

Rainecloud
04-04-2003, 05:16 PM
Aye, it does. Windows 3.1 runs a lot more smoothly on my machine.

crono_logical
04-04-2003, 06:49 PM
3.1 also runs lightning fast on newer computers these days :p

Warmech
04-04-2003, 10:00 PM
Though the flickering probably doesn't have to do with the system itself, rather than with a monitor. Replacing crappy monitors does wonders; I suggest getting a second-hand LCD monitor; it's usually for a good price and they're damn cool.

Zifnab
04-05-2003, 04:16 PM
I wouldn't mind getting a new monitor, this sucky thing doesn't even display anything beyond 800x600 without hurting my eyes -_-
So long as my computer isn't going to implode or something I'm fine. Thanks :)