PDA

View Full Version : Bizzarre rumors about a certain event... (SPOILERS!!!)

DelightfulSpekkio442
04-04-2003, 06:55 PM
Here are some wacky theories I've heard that claim to revive Aeris.

1. Go to Tifa's house and play Aeris' Theme on the piano 10 times. That will turn on a fountain in the pond at the City of the Ancients where Aeris' body is. Then if you go to the Northern Crater you can find the White Materia. Bring it to the fountain and Aeris will rise from her watery grave! (I heard this from a friend, I think he made it up and tried to pass it off to me as real but he won't admit it)

2. First, Master a Phoenix Materia. Go to the City of the Ancients and equip Cloud with his Buster Sword and place the Phoenix Materia in the first slot. Place another unmastered Materia in the second slot. If you go to the place where Aeris is buried, suddenly you will be able to Summon Phoenix outside of battle. Summon him and he will unite with the spirit of Zack (I'm guessing that's why you need the Buster Sword?) to revive Aeris. When she comes back you will Master the Materia that you put in the second slot. Supposedly this only works in the Japanese version. (this I found on the internet, I lost the source)

3. Beat the game 5 times without turning the PlayStation off (is this even possible?!) and when you win the fifth time a game will save in the Temple of the Ancients with a different storyline where Aeris does not die. It said that this was only in the International Version. (I forget where I heard this, I think someone emailed it to me)

4. I forget exactly what it is, but there's supposedly something you can do while on the date with Aeris that will either prevent her death or cause her to rise after Jenova-LIFE is defeated. (I think this was on a message board somewhere, might have been here)

Where do people come up with these things?! Anyone else heard some wacky Aeris resurrection theories?

~MJE~

Enigma
04-04-2003, 08:28 PM
Drugs + Final Fantasy VII= Those rumors.

I read one long one at a site somewhere, the whole site was just about that. I think the site was called 'The Equinox'. And I was wacky enough to believe and try it...

DJZen
04-04-2003, 09:19 PM
Rumors are fun to spread and easy to come up with, all you have to do is make them sound far fetched enough to be something most people wouldn't think to do in the game, and hard enough to be difficult to disprove. Here, I'll make one up on the spot.

As soon as you get her in your party, kill her off ASAP. If she dies within the first battle, leave her dead. If she survives, reset and try again. She must be in your party and dead for EXACTLY 7777 battles. If you remove her from your party this will not work. After she gets killed by Sephiroth she'll drop a different materia with a name consisting of garbled symbols. First level lets you cast fire. Second lets you summon Odin. Third lets you use W-item. It gives you random battle abilities up to the 44th level. At level 45 you master it and if you go back to where her body is, talk/inspect and it'll say she's lying there and ask if you want to return her materia. Select yes and she'll rise up.

I'm sure there's about 50,000,000,000 loop holes in that, namely that I just pulled it out my arse, but starting rumors is really easy. I used to make them for Resident Evil all the time. It's fun to mislead people :D

Big D
04-04-2003, 11:12 PM
...fun, perhaps, until the Mods catch you. Honestly, I'm mortally afraid to even ponder the possibilities of FFVII openly out of fear of provoking the Wrath of 'Kishi.

Moomba Misstress
04-04-2003, 11:13 PM
Oh, no, I know right where this thread is gonna go... :fd:
*coruegdhtchoeufgahqcough*

chadmonkey
04-04-2003, 11:19 PM
These are just about as bad as the rumors of other playable characters and espers in FFVI. Because of the extra character spaces in the shop menu and the extra spaces in the esper menu people insisted that there has to be more characters and espers. Even after it was explained that there is only one extra space for de-equipping espers in the esper menu and that you can't fit any more characters in the character selection menu, people still insisted that there had to be hidden characters. Maybe they could accept that they'd done just about everything in the game, or maybe they'd played to many fighting and shoot 'em up games where there were secret key presses you could do. Who knows. Boy, that was almost a random thought off of the subject of the tread, but I think it's close enough(I hope).

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-05-2003, 04:38 AM
I heard from a friend that if you make exactly 7777 obnoxious rumor threads, Raistlin will join the party.

Big D
04-05-2003, 04:57 AM
See what I mean?

But if a 'rumour' has actual evidence to support it (ie. a rumour about plot points or obscure references), then a fairly lively and informed debate can result. Just look at the threads in this forum on topics such as 'Two Sephiroths', 'Cloud and Zack', and 'Opinion about the end'. Many rumours and theories there. Raistlin is usually one of the most formidable debators in those threads, too.

Rainecloud
04-05-2003, 03:41 PM
These rumours make me laugh. In fact, I think I'm going to burst.

This thread is one main reason why I don't post in this forum.

Batman
04-05-2003, 08:54 PM
But you just....

...oh nevermind.

I remember I used to but a cheats magazine, and it would have the top 10 worst fake cheats in it. I was young and didn't realise it said "fake cheats" and every moth I used to spend hours trying them all. :mad:

Yuffie is a B****
04-05-2003, 09:08 PM
get the 12 zodiac stones to get a diffrent ending. opps wrong game. and it still doesn't work ( I REPEAT IT DOES NOT WORK and there are 13 in fft).
This appears in a checklist of stid ruimours featuring some really funny one involing cows, cheese, chese armlet and cheese wepon (I wish I thought o this, especially as Patritotic cow gives american cheese. Oh man thats too rolf lmoa).
Can't rememeb any idiotic rumours about it
note if you have not already done so, all those who have not gotten to the end of disc 1 DO NOT READ!

actlly I once heard a stupid rumour that if you get the end of disc 1 in less than ten hours cloud blocks spehiroths sword blow.
I posts a revive Aries parody thread (here and ffr. here it got locked, on ffr most pople didn't like it)

spin round cosmo canyon 999 times, then crash into a phoeniex to make if fall down an get the super phoeniex down. Then go back to the shrine and Tifa will reveal her secret past as a prostatute and you can revie aries.
'll try to find the exact thread.

zacks_clone
04-06-2003, 01:36 AM
I dont remember the site,but this is the cause for my tissue madness!!!!

alright,the rumor went like so:

You need a restor materia.'Mastered' to its highest point.Well,if you have the key to sector 5,into midgar,go to Aerisis house.go to her room and cloud will start crying,using the tissues.I think it said after the fourth tissue cloud screams 'why did you have to die?!'.Now that this is done,go to the church.Make sure you have cait sith in your party.The little children will want to play with him,and they,caitsith and whoever elts is in your party,leave.Aerises ghost comes back and tells you about rescurute(??),another level in the restor materia.You then must equipt the buster sword and level up the restor materia to this level.When you have,come back(still with cait sith)and talk to the ghost again.She'll(i think) bring you to the where her body was layed to rest.you then bring her back to life with the restor materia,and wala

Far fetched,yes,but still...one im going to try anyways,even though i DO relize it will not work

anyone hear the rumor about the Temple of the Seven Sephiroth Statues?And getting sephiroth in your party?

Big D
04-06-2003, 04:08 AM
Try this link (http://www.ff7citadel.com/rummain.htm) for all of the rumours you could ever want, from the absurd to the obscene. It's all there: Tifa's day job, rainbow chocobos, cheese weapon, destroying meteor before the end, the secret hentai ending, you name it...
The 'Wood Chocobo' rumour has got to be the most ridiculous. I mean, 'steal Godo's underwear and run into the forest'? Come on...

Rostum
04-06-2003, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
I heard from a friend that if you make exactly 7777 obnoxious rumor threads, Raistlin will join the party.

Hahaha, that's funny as...

I'm sick of the rumors, I'm also sick of the people that believe them and keep arguing with me about them! Saying they have tried it and such...

It's reallying annoying.

Psychotic
04-06-2003, 12:12 PM
Just a little quote from the link from Big D (Look! Blackadder! ooh!) But it has nothing to do with the main rumour of this thread, I still think it's funny

6. Purple Chocobo
Details on the purple chocobo have been gratefully provided by Carolyn. The purple chocobo seems to be impossible to get. Go to Chocobo Sage's house and go up to the green Chocobo. Release the Chocobo by smashing the glass and it will run away. Chocobo Sage will chase after it and his purple hat will fall off. Steal it and go back to the Chocobo farm. Give the purple hat to a gold S class Chocobo when you are feeding it sylkis greens. Get the gold chocobo to mate with another gold Chocobo (S class) and make it produce a purple Chocobo, using a zero nut. This purple Chocobo is extremely amazing. Remember how Teioh's speed and stamina is always higher than yours? Well this Chocobo's speed and stamina will always be higher than Teioh's at the start of any race.

Smash the glass? tch...

DelightfulSpekkio442
04-07-2003, 07:45 PM
"This thread is one main reason why I don't post in this forum."

I think quite a few people missed the point of this thread. It's not to seriously propose methods of reviving Aeris (I didn't tag that because other people have already posted it without tagging), but to share the obviously false rumors that are quite humorous in the eyes of most people who've beaten the game.

~MJE~

Cloud's Soul
04-27-2003, 12:40 AM
Yeah I hate rumors too, I just go to square and ask them, but I had a gameshark for awhile, I had a cheat to play as Zack though, the buster sword had a different name and he used Aurona Armlet, pretty weird but cool though.

muchacho
04-27-2003, 02:03 AM
if you get 35 1/35 soilders and bring them to hojo before the 2nd disc in under 6 hours then he will make a clone of sephiroth useing the 35 1/35 soilders and instead of sephiroth killing aeris he will lash out at the clone in anger and then go kill hojo instead.......hehehe

note: this is all just a joke

note: if you try this thinking it will work, then you are stupid and i will hunt you down and slap the sense into you (j/k).

yes i agree that rumores are funny thats why a posted one.

Lord Xehanort
05-04-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Big D
Try this link (http://www.ff7citadel.com/rummain.htm) for all of the rumours you could ever want.

Uh-oh... I am believing some (many) of these!

Skogs
05-04-2003, 02:46 PM
Two of the rumours on that site are actually 'true'. Aire Tam storm does damage in proportion to the materia levels your character has, and Aeris does appear in the church in the slums after she dies. But then, that makes them not be rumours... meh *shrugs*.

Christmas
04-20-2022, 05:59 AM
With the coming of the internet, more rumors got debunked! :bigsmile:

Less fun for trolls though. :(