PDA

View Full Version : I need Help with Blitzball

MasterGardianTidus
04-04-2003, 11:55 PM
What is this thing about contracting people?

Can you change your team??

How do you do that??

Help me pls........................
:radred:

Kimera 726
04-05-2003, 12:35 AM
You can never change teams. You need to contract better players (they will become better as they play more and level up) in exchange for gil and kick off the lamer players. That way you can win games and get goody prizes.

NecromancerLesca
04-05-2003, 02:56 AM
I never play blitzball, it's a waste of time. But he's right, you cannot change teams no matter what. To contract people, you go to Luca and talk to people around the docks and such. They had stats and when you find someone you like, then sign them on when they come up after you play blitzball matches, or even, right then.

Have fun!:choc:

Mattokenzi
04-06-2003, 11:16 AM
you can employ blitzball players (who got free agent)

muchacho
04-10-2003, 03:44 AM
hire brother, hes on the air ship

Jack
04-10-2003, 09:29 PM
Right... here r tips:

1. Press Square on EVERYONE
2. If a little menu appears youre in luck, he plays blizball
3. Emply him if youlike.
4.You cant change teams sadly
5. Brother is the best Blitzer in the game so when u get on the airship, emply him
6. Tidus can earn Jecht shot 2 when hes level 16 and he enters a tournament. From then on, the liklihood of it appearing coresponds to his level (Ie hes level 50 you have a 50% chance of it appearing
7.You need to play Blitzball to earn wakkas utimate weapon,all three extra reels and the Jupiter Sigil
8. As a firsttime blitzer (In Luca) employ wedge from the stadium. He ones of the guards. He got great ATK and a good Shot.
9. Try to emply the following: Brother (Al Bhed) Ropp and Nimrook (Al Bhed) Two of them (Brother & Nimrook r opnly available when u get on the airship
10.Wakka will play again but personally, i thinks hes a bit rubbish

so there u are....more soon if u want it:tongue:

Kimera 726
04-11-2003, 12:16 AM
Here's a pretty valuable tip. Once you got characters on high levels, set the attack pattern to that "5-in-a-line" mode. Then when you have the ball toss it between your midfielder and defenders and I hope they have almost 14 throw points (14 is able to throw from one end of the court to the other). Then when it's time to shoot, toss to Tidus or your other attacker and let'm have it. If all goes well, the computer will keep on attacking the defender or midfielder and by the time you are close enough to shoot, it will be a clear, open shot. It's helped me score several points per game.

Jack
04-14-2003, 08:55 PM
hi and welcome to Blitzball training! I will help u so sit back, relax and let me take u through it.

Heres some tactics that help no matter how food u r at the game. As soon as u start a half, (Im assuming u just started playing the mini game from Luca) as soon as Letty gets the ball, run south to the bottomk pof the map, then run along. You usually get attacked by a Forward but its not to much a problem. As soon as yu get near a defender, dribble backwards until Tidus gets to his max position forward then pass. Usually, Hes got no defenders and he has a clear shot on Goal. Ta Da!

Next up is the Counter attack & Centre Attack goals. Lrtty picks up ball u swim toward there goal, almost reach opossition then swim away, pass it to Tidus who is free of most of the oppostion. And if u learnt Jecht shot, you've got a guarrated goal!

I've got most of my team on lv 57 and always win so u can qwuiz me on more tactics

Radje
04-17-2003, 10:06 PM
My team rocks lol, i've played it for ages (Lv 50- 58)
i sign: Tidus(Auto) Eigaar(Airship), Tatts(Kilika docks), Zalitz(Sphere cinema like place in Luca) , Kyou (Can't remember, somewhere in Djose i think). Zalitz and kyou are excellent defenders, Tatts is a great midfeilder, Tidus and Eigaar rock upfront.

Tips for scoring: Use tatts from the midfeild spot, he nearly always scores with invisible shot( nice early goal)
Always pass to Tidus, he can use jecht shot and sphere shot etc.
Eigaar i think is the most useless but he has a great block.

Pink Panther
04-18-2003, 02:21 PM
I have personally had problems earning ject shot 2. It came up for grabs when i was at lv 28 and i won the tournament to earn it, only to have them say no one in my team can use it?!?

I was most dissapointed. But some advice, if you played blitzball before earning the airship, i like to reset the data. If you know where your people are, hiring them is no problem and training isnt too hard. I found it almost impossible to use wedge as an attacker because while the rest of my team were at 20 somthing level wedge was at lv. 2. Personally i dont think brother is all that and I havent had the chance to use the al bhed girl i hired at the entrance to guadosalam yet. I also find it hard to replace my defenders and goalies, i have changed them, but most of the blitzers out there are either mid fielders or strikers.

Good luck though, this is my fave mini game even if it does take a bit too long to play.

the blitzer
04-18-2003, 08:23 PM
GO TO THE MOONFLOW NORTH WHARF STATION. THEIR IS A GIRL CALLES MIYU THERE. RECUIT HER AS SHE IS A VERY GOOD GOALIE. WITH HER NOT MANY PEOPLE CAN SCORE AGANIST YOUR TEAM. TIDUS IS A GOOD PLAYER. I RECOMMEND YOU USE THE SPHERE SHOT MOVE. WEDGE RECUITABLE FROM THE LUCA STADIM HAS GOOD SHOOTING, ATTACK AND DEFENCE. YOU CAN ALSO GET WAKKA AT THE AIRSHIP.

Aureus Dragonsbane
04-18-2003, 10:06 PM
Miyu is good - she was on my team for a long time. But Durren make a better goalie, at least at their current levels in my game. Durren can be found just off the Calm Lands, to the right of the cave where Yojimbo is.

KainHighwind
04-23-2003, 11:24 AM
My Blitz team kicks ass. We're on level 19 with like 91 wins. Woo. I didn't go and get all the typical players that everyone uses (Brother, Miyu). Instead I have some interesting choices:

F:Tidus (duh)
F:Graav (Invisible shot kicks azz)
MF:Letty (yup. Good old Letty. His passing is pretty good)
D:Lakkam (She is highly underrated-Nap techs, baby.:))
D:??? (this position gets rotated a lot)
G:Yuma Guado (he only faces 1 or 2 shots a game anyway)

I am not really sure who would be another good defender. I love Lakkam. Any suggestions?

Side note: I think they should make a game based around blitzball. They could have online tournaments and such. the gameplay needs to be refined quite a bit first though. (more interactive techniques, less annoying time-consuming animations for shots)

KainHighwind
04-23-2003, 11:26 AM
PS- I agree that Wakka is focking worthless. Bleh.

MasterGardianTidus
04-29-2003, 03:17 AM
How do you learn ject shot and ject shot 2??

Pancaek
04-29-2003, 03:41 AM
I don't know how to get the Jecht Shot 2, but to get the Jecht Shot you need to go on the boat from Kilika to Luca. Go up to the blitzball there and follow the directions. It's easier if you use the joystick instead of the d-pad. If you got it right, you'll be able to see it in your tech list next time you play blitzball.

fff
04-30-2003, 01:22 PM
i always use nap shot 3 with tidus. if the goalkepper save it next time i sht im going to score unless the sht power reach 0:D
i always use it to get 2 players on the topscore.if they share a first place i get 2 item:D dont know if it would work if 3 of your players share a first place and you get 3 items.

Star of Penumbra
04-30-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Skye-chan
I don't know how to get the Jecht Shot 2

You have to win it in a tournament.