PDA

View Full Version : The Summon system

Treva
04-05-2003, 02:11 AM
how does it work? can somone explain please... I have no clue... Is it realistic or can two people summon the same legendary creature at once in the same relm? please someone explain its making my head hurt...

Tom Morello
04-05-2003, 02:43 AM
Let me put this bluntly... no one knows, no one cares.

The game isn't coming out until like November... if even... actually it should've been out like almost a year ago... but stupid Sony delayed it and delayed it... damn them all...

*smotes*

No one at this forum cares about FFXI... if you want to know stuff, or want to go to a forum that gives a damn, then try the link in my sig... seriously... you can even join a FFXI clan...

If you post there, I and others who actually care will see it, and I promise you'll get a much better response... until that time, peace out...

Ouch!
04-05-2003, 03:11 AM
Yeah, nobody knows anything like that. Technicalities are shrouded in mist unless you can read Japanese... and even then it's hard to find. We don't know if summoners are going to exist. We've seen pictures of summons but for all we know we might just fight them in quests. I personally, hope they don't have summoners at all.

ChibiInuYasha
04-05-2003, 03:12 AM
Let me put this bluntly... no one knows, no one cares.

The game isn't coming out until like November... if even... actually it should've been out like almost a year ago... but stupid Sony delayed it and delayed it... damn them all...

*smotes*

No one at this forum cares about FFXI... if you want to know stuff, or want to go to a forum that gives a damn, then try the link in my sig... seriously... you can even join a FFXI clan...

If you post there, I and others who actually care will see it, and I promise you'll get a much better response... until that time, peace out...

hmm...that was quite rude...oh well! Actually I wanted to know to. This is a FFXI thread isn't it?! If no one cares, why are u responding? OK anyway, I wanted to know too...:cry:

Ouch!
04-05-2003, 03:14 AM
Ahem *points to post above* Taerdin and I are just upset because we've been here wondering for a long time. Don't get mad at him, it's just frustrating. We've, like many other fans, been waiting for this game for years. We're just getting jackshit from Sony. Last time I heard the game was ready to ship but Sony won't release the hard drive.

Tom Morello
04-05-2003, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by ChibInuYasha
hmm...that was quite rude...oh well! Actually I wanted to know to. This is a FFXI thread isn't it?! If no one cares, why are u responding? OK anyway, I wanted to know too...:cry:

I know it was rude... hence the warning that it was gonna be blunt... and I meant that the EOFFers don't care... GFFers do... I was recommending our forum... did you not notice? If you want to post in a FFXI forum, this one is not the one to go to... this one only gets posts when some n00b thinks he's wandered into the best forums ever, and then is very disappointed when he realizes the FFXI forum is DEAD!

We all went to GFF where people actually care... plus there's 2 clans there you can join... yeah...

Ouch!
04-05-2003, 03:25 AM
There used to be three, but I killed mine off until the game had an official release date. Actually the release date issue is why nobody talks about the game... nobody knows!

First it's sometime October-November 2002, then it's February 2003, then it's March 2003, now it's November again... nobody cares anymore. I know dozens of people who stopped their intrest in FFXI because it isn't coming out... and then people asking questions that are already asked in numerous other threads... it just gets annoying. Go ahead, check how many threads are on summons here. There are two in the top 10 right now. And they all have the same answer!

EDIT: As of 9:26, April 4, 2003, 2 of the top 3 threads are on summons.

Treva
04-05-2003, 03:37 PM
dear god... you should not be rude if your going to respond... if the FFXI forum is dead why is it here? Bah! If in all honesty Nobody knows just say so... by the way I can somwhat speak Japanese... and I have a book give me a few months and I can translate you guys some stuff lol...

Tom Morello
04-05-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Treva
dear god... you should not be rude if your going to respond... if the FFXI forum is dead why is it here? Bah! If in all honesty Nobody knows just say so... by the way I can somwhat speak Japanese... and I have a book give me a few months and I can translate you guys some stuff lol...

Maybe someone does know... just not anyone here...

Oh, and this forum is dead... in fact the only reason you actually got replies is because me and a couple of my WLA buds came here to make a nostalgia thread... and we only made it here so we wouldn't be spamming up our own damn boards...

I don't think I was all that rude... no one here truly cares, in all seriousness... I was just being blunt... jeez...

DJZen
04-05-2003, 08:23 PM
To be fair, I care about it, I just can't think of any nifty topics to start 'cause I don't know much about the game and I figured everyone was tired of "which class are you going to play as?" threads.

I do care about the game a lot, I'm setting aside money from every pay check to pre-order it. I want to play it a lot. I'm not so much looking forward to the "U R t3h sUx0r111111111" style discourse, but from what I've heard, it'll sure be worth it!

Tom Morello
04-05-2003, 08:57 PM
You remind me of me, in like june 2002... I was saving some cash for FFXI...

But now, if you can imagine, I've saved a helluva lot ($600)... BECAUSE STUPID *** SONY MOTHER****ING ******** DELAYED THE HARD DRIVE!!!

*all anger directed towards sony*

*smotes sony with a passion*

I'm not saying it's not good or anything... but by now it's gotten to the point that if Square said they were never releasing FFXI here, I wouldn't really give a damn... I'd just move on and play SO3 or XS or something like that... and no, I'm not gonna stop using abbreviations... there's only X amount of RPGs anyhow... shouldn't be hard to figure out which games those are...

Stupid sony!

*shakes fist*

*smotes*

McNall
04-20-2003, 07:15 PM
There are many people who know the answer to this, like Starving Artist, go to ffxionline.com and post a topic to find out.

Kalel
07-06-2003, 12:31 AM
I pretty much sure that if you have a summons you can summon it whether someone else in party has it or not. Remember you will have to be summoner and go on quest to fight and win that particular summons. And from what I hear you will have to be level 60 to beat the strong summons like Ramuh, IFRIT to obtain.
So not everyone will be a summoner. Plus groups will not except too many of the same class. So most often than not you will see not that many summoners in same party. But will have a mixed of all classes to have balance party.
A powerful party will have almost every class in group. You will have variety.
Summoner class has been made to work for online play just like every other job. You won't be seeing tons of summons all over the place. They will be work just to obtain, many won't want to work that hard to get them. I may have to change my mind to another advance job myself. Because I want to be summoner but it seems alot of work.

Confedential
07-09-2003, 11:19 PM
Final Fantasy XI will be out much sooner then you think. Wait a little, it will come in time.

Lionx
07-10-2003, 04:49 AM
Heard that the summons are sorta like FFX, they are as strong as your summoner job there fore making it a sub job is stupid. Can only summon i think one per 2 hours? forgot. try www.ffxionline.com or go to the one in my sig.

inlineskating29
08-24-2003, 02:09 AM

there was no site in your sig taredin

woodnman
08-28-2003, 09:05 PM
I have recently begun beta testing FFXI for PC. So far I have seen only 1 summon. Summons work on MP and drain MP while they are summoned. The summon I saw was Carbunkle, a bluish fox type animal. To become a summoner you have to take your charecter to level 30 to recieve the quest for the job title. Once you have done the quest, which is in Windrust i believe, then you can start training a level 1 summoner. Hope that answers the question

Dunpiel, 10th lvl Red Mage, Beta

Inuyasha23
08-31-2003, 05:30 PM
Well... this is the dumbest forum ive ever seen.
who cares about being rude??? were all here because of a game about people who go off to kill wild beast and destroy eney crap, are you going to shout im sorry every time you smack a monster???

but back on topic... i dont see whats so great about summoners. i perfered the games where you didnt have to use the job to summon(FF7, FF9, etc.) it ties a person down if you ask me. personally i plan to be a dark knight and use brute force to kill, summonerd are strong but i think a sword through the gu8t would hurt more...