PDA

View Full Version : CC - "The Man fom the Main Land"(spoiler)

Magus
04-05-2003, 07:32 PM
I just finished CC & I was thinkin bout it. When u chose not 2 save Kid frum the hydra poison, then u come back & learn that she was saved by a Man frum the Mainland, could it b Magus ? cuz when u read Lucca's letter that Luccia gives u she says "Unless he is already there ... bla bla bla ... Hello Janus ..." & how could someone get the hydra humour since the hydras r xtinct unless that person was going thru da gates & stuff + later on when u arrive at the Water Dragon Isle the dwarfs says that humans killed their Forest so that means that someone did go there & get the Hydra Humour ... Right ? & since they didn't want 2 involve Akira Toryama in the makin of the game, they didn't show who it was ... i guess ... errr ... do i make sense ? :rolleyes2

Spatvark
04-05-2003, 07:39 PM
Nope, it's Norris. In New Game +, if you defeat the Time Devourer after she's poisoned, but before anything else, in the ending you will see that it's Norris who brings the Hydra Humour.

Magus
04-05-2003, 07:48 PM
hahaha wtf Norris ! haha xD the guy that u haven't seen yet that pops out of nowhere & saves her ! o.Ô lol anyway OOO so that's da guy ... hey thx :D ...

Velvet Mink
04-06-2003, 08:19 PM
Well it makes sense though. Think of it like this: Kid/Serge break into Viper Manor while Norris is undercover in the kitchen. A bru-haha breaks out upstairs and Kid gets poisoned. Word probably spreads throughout the manor that thieves snuck in but Lynx managed to fight them off. Norris, being a special agent in the military, probably had to prepare for any circumstances. He probably had some of that humour in his first-aid kit since he WAS in an area where that type of tactic (hydra poisoning) was used. He may have been attacked in a similar manner if his cover was blown so it makes sense he would have an antidote ready. So he hears the girl needs it and decides to be a nice guy and save her since he has what she needs. I like Norris =)

Paclezeeds
04-12-2003, 05:26 PM
Whats up whit the "Unless he is already there ... bla bla bla ... Hello Janus ..." stuff anyway?

Magus
04-19-2003, 07:12 PM
Remember that letter from Lucca 2 Kid !? i think it's rite after the burning house thingny, rite ?

Velvet Mink
04-20-2003, 06:25 PM
In the early days of development Guile was intended to be Magus/Janus. Eventually that idea was abandoned when the director thought it would be too hard to integrate Janus into the story well. The character design, as well as Lucca's letter, had already been done, so they left them in the game but changed Guile to just "a mysterious traveller". But just the fact that they DID leave her letter in the game makes it sound like Janus is somewhere in the Present. In my personal opinion I think in the next sequel we'll see some of Guile's background, making it apparent he is Janus somehow. Perhaps by the time of Cross he forgot his memory or something? Regardless, if they do include a Magus/Janus character ever, it will most likely be Guile's, since if they don't they'll have a nearly identical clone of Janus floating around that really has no purpose, and that would just be weird.

Magus
04-21-2003, 01:22 AM
i dun remember very well but i think i've seen sumthin talkin bout the some translation thing with the name Guile that at the end turned out 2 b Magus i think ... it's complicated & i didn't really pay attention ...

Velvet Mink
04-21-2003, 05:43 AM
"some translation thing with the name Guile that at the end turned out 2 b Magus i think"

If you mean Radical Dreamers, then yes, the translated version was released on the 15th. Magil (who I assume you're referring to) isn't directly revealed to be Magus, but the connection is obvious. Guile's design was based off Magil, though. So...

Magus
04-22-2003, 02:56 AM
yeah i just started playin it & that's wut i realised ... so ... in radical dreamers he is Magus rite ? y did he haff 2 change his anem anyway ! no one knoes him there o.Ô !?

Velvet Mink
04-22-2003, 05:41 AM
Dunno. If they had called him Magus right from the start it would've given too much away too soon, yeah? At least having him as Magil prolongs the mystery and lets people come up with their own ideas.

Kawaii Ryûkishi
04-22-2003, 06:39 AM
Guile's name comes from the "gil" in Magil. In the Japanese version, his name was Alf, as in Alfador, Janus's pet cat. The character was only ever really intended to tease people who wanted to see Magus in Chrono Cross.

edczxcvbnm
04-22-2003, 06:42 AM
All I have to say is Magus is DEAD! Also Norris is the man in the game. He blazes up the bad guys with his bad ass guns. No wonder he saved kid.

*attempts to turn the topic back on course*
*good deed for the day*