PDA

View Full Version : DVD problems

Bahamut2000X
04-07-2003, 02:08 AM
Well I'm currently using my PS2 as my DVD player (cause I'm too lazy to get a real one) and well lately I have had problems with some of my DVD's The DVD's themselves are in good condition. But some are skipping parts and then stop reading altogether, one of them I got to start up and I got halfway through one episode of it (after it skipping 2 times) and then it stopped the disc completly and won't even read it anymore or even accepts it as a disc now. Although that disc also has something one a small part of it, I don't know what it is but it's not coming off.

So umm ya any advice on how to fix all of this would be very helpful because it's pissing me off that I can't watch some of my DVD's now. (and yes my games work perfectly normal, it's just anime and movies it won't run properly some of the time)

Killy
04-07-2003, 03:16 AM
You should try buying a cleaning disc and put it in your PS2, it solves a lot of Ps2-related reading problems.

Cleaning disc are disc with little brushes on it, they are inexpensive and it worked for my firend's PS2...

Doomgaze
04-07-2003, 04:59 AM
Get a real DVD player - the PS2 sucks.

Peegee
04-17-2003, 05:56 PM
the cheapest dvd players are like 100$ here in canda...that's like pennies for you yankees!