PDA

View Full Version : CT FMV from FF Chronicles

DelightfulSpekkio442
04-07-2003, 10:14 PM
I just watched this video (http://www.rpgamer.com/games/chrono/ct/movies-9180/ct-ending.mov), apparently the ending for the FF Chronicles version of the game...it's quite interesting! There's quite a bit of stuff that was hinted at but not shown explicitly in the original SNES version, for example Crono and Marle's wedding (as well as Ayla and Kino's!). However I found the last part (Lucca discovering baby Kidd wearing Schala's pendant) to be the most interesting...I never realized there was anything added to the game for FF Chronicles that tied it so directly into Chrono Cross!
I'm curious however...is this the only anime ending sequence? Is there a different one for if you don't resurrect Crono?

~MJE~

edczxcvbnm
04-07-2003, 10:20 PM
No but what I found interesting is that Frog was in human form thus meaning Magus is dead! HOORAY!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-07-2003, 10:25 PM
Too bad they gave him spiky DBZ hair instead of the long wavy stuff, though.

There's another ending, yes. Its comparatively shorter than the first one and shows the fall of Guardia and the theft of the Grand Lion.

Velvet Mink
04-07-2003, 11:25 PM
I never understood why people thought Magus has to die for Frog to become human again. I've watched the scene many times and never got the impression Magus died - just that he disappeared and went to do his own thing without the help of Crono's team. Besides, there's reasonable evidence in Chrono Cross to suggest Magus is still around. I would guess that Magus, after journeying with Crono/Frog/etc., found Frog to be a nice guy after all and removed the curse voluntarily. Just the way I see things.

DelightfulSpekkio442
04-08-2003, 12:20 AM
I think in the original version, Frog only turns back into Glenn if you fight and defeat Magus at the North Cape after the collapse of Zeal.

~MJE~

edczxcvbnm
04-14-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by DelightfulSpekkio442
I think in the original version, Frog only turns back into Glenn if you fight and defeat Magus at the North Cape after the collapse of Zeal.

~MJE~

Thats right. So what does this mean? Magus is DEAD! DEAD YOU FOOLS!!!! HA HA HA HA HAH AHAHA HA! Thats what he gets for not being a team player!

GogoTheMimic
04-14-2003, 10:28 PM
Magus being the one who cast the spell, I'm pretty sure that he could dispell it himself. If only you could play as Magus in CC...

edczxcvbnm
04-14-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by GogoTheMimic
Magus being the one who cast the spell, I'm pretty sure that he could dispell it himself. If only you could play as Magus in CC...

That would have sucked.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-16-2003, 04:07 AM
Too true. There's really nothing in CT to indicate that Magus would ever be nice enough to undo the spell on Glenn. If Glenn's human, Magus must be dead.

Lassic
04-24-2003, 12:03 AM
I'm glad Magus didn't appear in Chrono Cross... This game was so bad that even an awesome character like Magus would be wasted...