PDA

View Full Version : Who is the cheesier villan?

Final Fantasy Freak
04-08-2003, 11:54 PM
Seymour or Sephiroth?

IamTidus
04-09-2003, 02:09 AM
I would have to say Seymourcause Sephiroth is the best FF villan ever even though FFVII is like my fourth favorite FF Its probely the best game of the lot but my 4th anyway Sephiroth is just so damn cool. He truly was evil in every way and he loved it.

NecromancerLesca
04-09-2003, 02:55 AM
Seymour is my vote hands down. He was too "girly" for me. Made me sick everytime he said something.

Seymour=BAD!!:mad2:
Sephiroth=AWESOME!!!:choc:

Pancaek
04-09-2003, 04:52 AM
I'd say Seymour. In the beginning he was a lot more sly and cunning than Sephiroth (getting on the people's good side as opposed to being full-out evil), but he seemed more like an anti-hero than a villian. At the end he degenerated into your typical "I will knock you all down!" villian, which was certainly a lot cheesier than anything Sephiroth ever did.

Sephiroth's Mate
04-09-2003, 06:03 PM
seymour hes too damn feminin i mean sheesh look at what hes wearing its like "ooooh look at me while i neatly arrange some flowers in a very gay manor." where as sephiroth comes in kills people says something cool and walks off.

plus how uses a a f**king pole with a fan on the end as a weapon

Psychotic
04-09-2003, 06:48 PM
How in the hell was Sephiroth Cheesy anyway!?

But yeah, I kept laughing at Seymour when I first saw him, his voice just sounds so... camp, for some sort of all powerful "Maester"

Sefie1999AD
04-09-2003, 08:15 PM
I agree with what Skye-chan said. And just like everyone, I think Seymour is really cheesy and stereotyped. Meanwhile, Sephiroth was IMHO a great villain. Ok, let's compare some things:

*UNMARKED SPOILERS FOR FF7 AND FFX AHEAD!*

1) Personality
- Sephiroth: before he becomes a villain, he's quite a cold though professional character, and he has his human weaknesses. That's what I thought made him a really good villain. His story and how he became evil made me feel sorry for him. And when he did become evil, he was a really ruthless and evil villain, yet he still wasn't a clichéd stereotype.
- Seymour: before he becomes a villain, he's trying to play a nice guy but it doesn't quite work as I immediately have the feeling that he's a bad guy. And when you figure out he's a bad guy, he becomes "You impertinent fools! I will knock you all down!!", version X. Really cheesy.

2) Presentation
- Sephiroth: the best member of SOLDIER. Highly respected by the in-game characters, and the players as well. Almost makes you kill Aeris, but when you don't do it, he slaughters her in front of your face in a horrible manner. The way how Cloud was his puppet, how he tore the powerful Midgar Zolom apart, his final battle forms etc made him seem really impressive. And of course, the fire of Nibelheim was absolutely a frightening act.
- Seymour: a Guado. That's... supposed to be a high ranking in society, I guess. But he's never really impressive. He gets annoying quickly. He always morphs into some metallic piece of junk with a metallic voice that will rather make you think "What an idiot..." than "Waah, oh my God! That form is going to kick my a**!". You fight him too many times. In the game, even Tidus thinks he's beginning to get boring and annoying. Seymour destroying the whole Ronzo Tribe might be quite impressive, but you never got to know the Tribe or saw Seymour's powers when he was destroying them, so it doesn't touch you like Sephiroth killing Aeris did.

3) Powers
- Sephiroth: As I said, top quality SOLDIER. Long sword. Defeats everything that stands in his way. In Nibelheim scene, he wins every battle or boss fight almost immediately. "Sephiroth was great... perhaps too great" and "Sephiroth's strength is unimaginable. He is far stronger than any of the stories about him say" are lines said by President Shinra and Cloud. The main character is his puppet many times in the game. He can create illusions with Jenova cells. He does some big-time spells to you on the final battle, like Heartless Angel and Super Nova among others.
- Seymour: You use him for one battle, and he uses his level 2 (Fira/Blizzara/Thundara/Watera) spells pretty well, and Anima works pretty well in that FMV. Otherwise, he doesn't seem all that powerful. Usually a villain gets more power and becomes more dangerous when he turns from good to evil, but in Seymour's case, he just gets weaker when he turns evil. In your first battle against him, those same impressive level 2 spells and that powerful Anima are cakewalks for you. Later he tries something, but never really does any good. He destroyed the Ronso, yeah, but we never got to know how he did that, so we don't hear much about his powers there either. So he doesn't have any extreme powers to offer. Except that he's an Unsent, a walking lunatic zombie. In his final form, he has only level 3 spells and Ultima. That's all. Nothing really creative.

4) Achievements
Ok, this one is actually analyzed in phases 2 and 3, but I'll still analyze this.
Sephiroth: the highest ranking SOLDIER in the world. Burns Nibelheim. Kills Cloud's family and Tifa's father, and stabs Tifa. Stabs both Zack and Cloud. Is basically killed but he comes back by the sheer strength of his will. Kills President Shinra (ok, you can debate about that, since that might have been Jenova's piece of work too). Makes your main character give him the Black Materia. Summons Meteor and the Weapons. And lots of other things.
Seymour: is Guado even an achievement or is that a society class to where he's born? Hmm. So he's a Maester. He seems to be in quite high esteem. But he really achieves nothing. He gets killed. He comes back and it has nothing to do with his strength. Instead, it's because Yuna couldn't send him. His Unsent body gets killed again and again. He somehow manages to destroy the Ronzo Tribe. He gets killed some more times. He tries to become a part of Sin, but Sin probably just absorbed him. He gets killed again, and finally gets sent out of Spira. Nice achievements, yeah. :rolleyes2

Overall: Sephiroth wins hands down.

Daryl
04-09-2003, 08:23 PM
When a thread concerns multiple FF games, it's good to put it in the General FF forum. :) *moves*

edczxcvbnm
04-09-2003, 11:57 PM
This poll is retarded. Seymor=teh gay

Strider
04-10-2003, 03:38 AM
What???? No Kefka! Kefka is the king of cheesy video game villains!!!!

Kimera 726
04-10-2003, 09:31 AM
Even kuja's less womanly than Seymour.

Psychotic
04-10-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by StriderX284
What???? No Kefka! Kefka is the king of cheesy video game villains!!!!

Yeah, but the crucial thing is, Kefka was intended to be cheesy, whereas Seymour was meant to be a serious evil person, but instead came out wrong

Joe 886
04-10-2003, 09:14 PM
seymour is a woman rather than a man i think tidus should get a bazooka t kill him :shoot:

Phil
04-11-2003, 02:59 AM
seymour's voice was a bit homosexual i think. that whole scene in luca where he goes "i am seymour guado" creeps me out. plus sephroth is the best ff villain of all time (drags kefka back to barnum and bailys greatest show on earth)

Sephiroth's Mate
04-11-2003, 08:47 PM
and in tonites performance:

Sephiroth plays the evil Psychotic King:evilking:

kefka plays some damsel in distress:love:

and Seymour Guado plays with himself and talks in a poncey voice:goofy:

UltimaSepheroth
04-13-2003, 09:21 PM
sephiroth is the greatest villian and furthermore i think that there should be a shrine made to honor him!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

*screams like a ranting lunatic and throws small children out the window in excitement*

~*MaYoNaKa*~
04-14-2003, 02:59 AM
Needless to say, there is no doubt in my mind that Seymour is the cheesiest villian in all of final fantasy history!...with the exception of 'what's-his-name from ffIX...kuja? What the hell was up with him? He'd win hands down for most-drag-queen-like villian, that's for sure.

And as for Sephiroth? I was indifferent about his role as a top ff villian. Sure he was a sick bastard, especially for killing aerith, but other than that i found him bearable.

That is until i faced him in the kingdom hearts platinum match. Then i was torn between my irrespect that Lance Bass from n-sync of all people was cast as his voice, and my hate since he killed me everytime in two hits.

However i feel, Seymour is definetly cheesier. How cliche is it to kill your father for power? I mean come on! And why was he so desperate to marry Yuna? If he was so 'almighty' you think he could get a wife by some other means then holding a gun to the heads of her friends! I think the mix-breeding between guado and humans should remain at a minimum since the result is illogical monstrosities such as Seymour Guado.

Blackmage
04-15-2003, 03:04 PM
This's a poll?

Old Chocobo
04-16-2003, 01:52 AM
WARNING UNMARKED FFX SPOILER IN HERE!!!! How do you mark spoilers???

seymour was an idiot, too homosexual to be a good villian.

There a lots of things a good FF game needs, and one of these is a good villian like Sephiroth! He was just so damn evil you couldnt believe it!

I still liked ffx though. Because of the fact that it wasnt actually Seymour, but Yu Yevon which was your final bad guy. I found the bit quite funny when you see the Jyscal sphere where he said "I could not protect him from the evil and cruelty of this world- so he became twisted (homosexual? im not homophobic btw it just seemed like that at the time)"

Final Fantasy Freak
04-16-2003, 11:02 PM
who voted for sephiroth(You're loony)

Deadmansl
04-17-2003, 10:32 AM
Lance Bass was Sepharoth in kingdom hearts....FOR SHAME!!!!!

damn makes me wanna play FFVII again.

Final Fantasy Freak
04-17-2003, 10:57 PM
said I was a vincent but I'm more like a sephitroth. the difference is that I use my fists. I go in punch people out
say something that doesn't really mean anything and walk off like I don't care

Iori
04-25-2003, 04:26 AM
how could you possibly say sephiroth is cheesy?! a shirtless, silver haired ripped badass mofo here to end your life..... versus the gayest of any single character/npc/ANYTHING from ANY GAME... Seymoures face is just so hideous.. and all joking aside, he is a raging pramateal (if thats even CLOSE to a real word) homosexual, who should be strapped to a pedastal, and become the victim of ifriits mighty flaming fartball attack, from FF8

animee_
04-25-2003, 07:00 AM
Sephiroth is not cheesy, but everything about Seymour is, from what he wears to the way he speaks and even the way he looks, i cant stand his long painted nails

Fighter2knight
04-25-2003, 08:54 PM
Seymour.

Sefie
04-26-2003, 11:56 PM
Definitely Seymour - although, I heard the original voice was much more menacing. Umm..didn't anyone else think that he might be Aeris in disguise?! Check out those bangs, man! :eek:

NorthernChaosGod
04-27-2003, 07:16 AM
definately Seymour. he is the king of the stupidest FF character ever. Sephiroth is soo bad ass he is in the Eoff banner for cripes sake in case you guys didnt notice.
and the one time you use Seymour he sucks ass, but when you use Sephiroth he totally kicks ass.

Jentleness
04-27-2003, 09:35 AM
In my opinion Seymour didn't come close to being as good a villian as Sephiroth. I hated Sephiroth with a passion, but every time Seymour popped his head up, I'd just sigh and think, "Won't this guy ever go to the farplane? He's so annoying!" :grumble:

oms
04-27-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Psychotic
Yeah, but the crucial thing is, Kefka was intended to be cheesy, whereas Seymour was meant to be a serious evil person, but instead came out wrong

He may have been intentionally cheesy, but he was hands down the most effective FF villian. He destroyed the world! Who else has done that? AND... Before FF7 EVERY villian was cheesy. It just came with the times...

Sephiroth's Mate
04-28-2003, 06:40 PM
my god you sad bastards five of you have voted for sephiroth...have you even played FF7 or FF10 for that matter? hmmmm hmmmm? well have you

seymour guado was a ponce he dressed like a cheap colourblind prostitute he spoke like someone had put his b@lls in a vice (if he had any to start with) and for a weapon he used a :skull::skull::skull::skull:!ng fan, the only good thing about him was anima and anima was his mom...i mean come on the most masculin thing about him is that he keeps his mom with him...what a :skull::skull::skull::skull:!ng ponce

sephiroth pure evil has human floors hes an orphan (well kinda you know what i mean) he aspires to kill everyone with the most powerful magic in existance, and before he gets the magic he makes a good job of it torching innocent people for no apparent reason, trys to make cloud kill the person he loves then kills her in front of him. uses a big fu(k off sword as a weapon has more powerful magic than anyone and is renowned in many games forums and game mags. pure evil...brilliance...if the person that came up with sephiroth walks onto the forum then thank you...i owe you so much

Reine
04-28-2003, 10:35 PM
Kefka, Seymour and Kuja are definitely cheesy.
My favourite villians are Sephiroth (You dont need a reason), Ultimecia (Possessed Edea and compressed time) and Ex-Death (Annihilating your party multiple times and destroying most of the citys in world 3, despite the corny name.)

Seymour=Gay

Magai
05-27-2003, 10:14 PM
IMO I think they both suck, Sephiroth is that weird
creepy guy that can appear out of no where and stab you in the back, Seymour is just way too persistent and won't stay dead.All in All Seymour's a disgrace to Guados and Sephiroth just sucks

Seymour=Embodiment of suck @$$
Sephiroth=Embodiment of suck @$$

Ethéré
06-04-2003, 05:26 AM
Well most of us seem to agree, Seymour is the cheese of the cheese. I believe the voice actor of Seymour made his character sound even more like a butterfly yes. Well that and his clothing and his pretty hair.
Yes and Sephiroth is the best thing about FFVII(cliche, I know). My 2 cents.;)

Sephiroth's Mate
06-09-2003, 06:12 PM
first of all magai what the hell u on about???

have u even played ff7?

sephiroth rules hes jus like pure evil he jus rocks. i mean of course he appears out of no where and stabs u in the back hes EVIL...u got that evil!!! i mean like EVIL.. the kind of evil that posess fair ground clowns (and i dont mean ur ordinary ones im takin pointy yellow teeth blood stained baggy trousers and rotting flesh)

evil

Prodigy
06-10-2003, 01:37 AM
Sephiroth is incredibly cool. He's an awesome "villain" (although really he wasn't a villain, he was just used by Jenovah).

Seymour is cheesey and pointless.

And just to add: Kefka = worst villain ever. He sucked, badly.

Cyan_Lightning
06-12-2003, 12:04 AM
I'd suppose that Seymour is 'cheesier' as he, like Kuja, is a copy of Sephiroth, who, in turn, is a replica of the ever-androgenous anime villian.

However, Seymour was let down by little to no character development and a near total absence of background, due to the fact that FFX squandered most of its time on the instantly forgettable Tidus/Yuna love story. A pity, really, because he was one of the few FFX characters I actually liked.

There seems to be a lot of random, and incorrect, Seymour bashing in this thread, he doesn't fight with a fan, but a staff. His voice is a matter of opinion, and certainly not something upon which 'cheesiness' should be based - were he in any other FF we wouldn't know how he'd sound. Dress sense? Yes, it was bad, but there's only so much you can do with Maesterial robes. Also the point about him being ugly, again personal opinion, and not something upon which cheesiness should be based. I find him handsome, and no, contrary to popular belief, I'm not a guy.

On another note, I really don't see what a person's sexuality has to do with their level of cheesiness.

Kuja's Baby Girl
07-05-2003, 11:37 PM
seymour is definetely the cheesiest villian......he is so stupid, and people are always talking about "seymour this, seymour that" totally weird guy....especially his nails....i mean i have never played ff7 but in kingdom hearts, sephiroth is really awesome and hard to beat too :rolleyes2

zacks_clone
07-06-2003, 07:55 PM
I havent gotten far in Final Fantasy 10,and I DIDNT KNOW Seymour was a villan right yet,but no worries.doesnt matter anyways.Now that I think about it though,Seymour just doesnt seem...Villan materal.Sure,big summon.Woopie....Sephiroth...Well,he tried to become a god and rule the planet...Pluse he had a ancent creature from the planet and weapons on his side...Lets see....3 or 4 ancent things to both protect or destroy the planet,meatior and God powers or...big summons....Sephy squishes him by a lad slide

PhoenixAsh
07-06-2003, 11:07 PM
Sephiroth wasn't that tough, people in the game just said he was. That was five years after a young boy had thrashed him whilst suffering a major stab wound. He doesn't do much damage in battle anyway.
Plus I've yet to see evidence that Sephiroth is anything more than an innocent kid who was used from before he was born until the day he died, he never did anything evil or good of his own accord.

Seymour on the other hand did everything on his own. He was however extremely annoying and had some of the stupidest motives and scenes ever. To be honest this made him fit in quite well in FFX.

Lamest, Sephiroth. Cheesiest, Seymour.

Mr. Graves
07-07-2003, 05:54 PM
Even though it's my absolute favorite FF, I would have to say X-death. He's a very basic, pan-and-paper villian. He goes "Mwa ha ha!" alot. Very cliche, and very annoying. The translators could've done better.

Say what you want about Sephiroth, Ultimecia or Seymour, but X-Death is my personal definition of Lame Villian.

This post would be incomplete if I didn't mention Kefka being WAY over the top. Square tried too hard to make the player hate him, I think.

Jed
07-07-2003, 08:50 PM
Seymour wins cheesiest villain hands down! :eek:
Although he wasn't quite as girly as Kuja (really man, is that a SKIRT you're wearing? :() he was pretty horrendous.
I believe we all have a little room in our hearts for Sephiroth :tongue:

Kalel
07-11-2003, 09:25 PM
Who dares defile the name of Sephiroth? Seymour, yeah he is cheesy. But he didn't ruin the story of FFX, so the jabonie didn't bother me much. Kuja was was kinda cheezy too.

Sephiroth is best villian created for a game in my book. Yes, I have tasted death many times to his sword in Kingdom Hearts. Where was Knights of the Round table for Kindgom Hearts? Ha,ha,ha! But it felt rewarding to beat him in game.

Seymour is the award winner of being cheezy since he is only on poll. But a good runner up is Kuja.:love:

Storm
07-15-2003, 06:15 AM
I find it ridiculous how much praise Sephiroth gets. Answer these questions. What is Sephiroth without Jenova cells? An adequate swordsman? And even with Jenova cells, what is Sephiroth? If you answered "a puppet", then you are correct.

People seem to forget(or never understood in the first place) that Jenova is responsible for Sephiroth's powers and uses Sephiroth as a puppet for the entire game. This is an aspect I find quite interesting about Final Fantasy VII. The true villian is well hidden.

Seymour, on the other hand, does not have any mystical alien giving him magical powers. He destroys the Ronso's on his own(I wish they included an FMV of the destruction). I admit he does become a joke near the end of the game, but I found that to be hilarious.

If anything, I find it cheesy as to how much praise "The Great Sephiroth" receives. Give your praise to Jenova, not to Sephiroth.

PhoenixAsh
07-15-2003, 11:02 PM
*Nods* Storm's got it. There wasn't a Sephiroth Lovers option though, and Lame doesn't equal cheesy so I had to pick Seymour.

§håd0w
07-23-2003, 11:44 PM
the 9 people who voted for sephiroth are stupid as hell. never call sephiroth cheesy or take his name in vain. he might just stab u in the back from way up high

Yunaknight
07-28-2003, 10:50 PM
It would definately have to be Seymour.
He has the most irritating voice and vaines popping out of his face. You fight him to much.