PDA

View Full Version : HUGE CHALLENGE FOR ANY TRUE FINAL FANTASY MASTERS

Sephy99
04-09-2003, 02:05 AM
Hope that title got your attention. Ok, I saw this on the FFWA messageboard, and I thought, what if the people here can do this as well. Ok, the challenge is you just basically go through the whole game, but YOU MUST RUN FROM EVERY RANDOM ENCOUNTER UNLESS YOU HAVE TO FIGHT. The whole point is to have the lowest level for your characters in the end. Good Luck. Happy gaming:D :whoa: :D :whoa: :whoa: :D :whoa:

Big D
04-09-2003, 02:08 AM
I've been meaning to try that some day...
Maybe I'll give it a go.

edczxcvbnm
04-09-2003, 03:36 AM
I bet it is possible but you would HAVE to use the double weapons and armor because there is no other way to get things like cure up to the next level other wise.

Does this challenge include optional bosses or only the main bosses?

I have done basically that for the most part. I only had trouble on 3 bosses...one of those is the diamond weapon.

Raistlin
04-09-2003, 04:21 AM
I've heard of this before. Never done it, though.

Maybe I'll do it after I beat Suikoden III.

Baroco
04-09-2003, 10:07 AM
Sounds like fun.

I have done a milder version of this before (and of course the laborious opposite) but never that extreme....I wonder if it is possible? Maybe....

Burtsplurt
04-09-2003, 12:54 PM
Have people actually completed the game whilst doing that? What levels were the characters at?

I don't think I'll be trying it. Sounds too much like suicide. :D

zacks_clone
04-11-2003, 02:29 AM
ohh,i agree.i dun think i'll try it

kali
04-11-2003, 12:45 PM
omg ....it sounds like insanity.....imagine having to hold down the two escape buttons for every single battle!.....but most of the leveling up is done at the northern crater anyway...

There is no way i'm doing something so fustrating and pointless

tankyb
04-11-2003, 04:26 PM
Actually sounds like a really good challenge, maybe i'll give it a shop sometime. Should be fun.

Blue Headed Man
04-13-2003, 02:26 AM
My hypothesis: People will cheat.

zacks_clone
04-13-2003, 02:50 AM
GAMESHARK!!!!!!MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!One battle,your up to leavle 45 anyways.by the time you get to all them bosses,you should be level 99(least by the 5th one!!!)

o_O
04-13-2003, 07:40 AM
Why would you bother attempting a challenge if you're going to cheat to eliminate that challenge?

Dragonfire
04-13-2003, 07:51 AM
i like doin time challenges instead, but i guess that was obvious :D

Stingray
04-13-2003, 01:35 PM
No way I'll be tryin' that...

Fat Hobbit
04-14-2003, 10:23 AM
I'll do it cause i need something to entertain me during these holidays! i'm bored already!
I'll tell you where I get to I another post!

Blackmage
04-14-2003, 04:46 PM
Friggin' hell. That's just gay. The amount of time you'd have to spend would be just ridiculous. And how do you come by money?

Besides, I'm the master of twinkdom, not survival.

edczxcvbnm
04-14-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Kuja Highwind
Friggin' hell. That's just gay. The amount of time you'd have to spend would be just ridiculous. And how do you come by money?

Besides, I'm the master of twinkdom, not survival.

You get money from bosses and you sell ALL items you don't use. You will have enough considering you will only end up using double weapons.

ThE dArK oNe
04-16-2003, 07:50 AM
I probably could complete this challenge but I don't think it's worth the time or effort...

Prodigy
04-18-2003, 08:53 PM
It would not be possible to kill sephiroth. No way!

edczxcvbnm
04-18-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Prodigy
It would not be possible to kill sephiroth. No way!

It would be easy. Sephiroth is joke of a boss. He has barely any attacks that can actually KILL you. Most of them just put you into critical life.

Azeroth
04-21-2003, 02:59 AM
Personally I don't go for the challenges that take chunks of the fun out of a game. Running from every battle? Sounds like a barrel of scintilating fun and entertainment.

Edgar
04-21-2003, 09:01 AM
This...should do well for practically any game...

Yrkoon
05-14-2003, 01:36 AM
theres messed up challenges like that for loads of ff games no level up in ff9 (allowed to level one character up for memoria fight but never use again)/ no using any junctions on ff8 (which translates as only attack option..literally tho i think people use more than attack lol) ..... and the no sphere grid challenge for ff10.... apparently people are gonna try an beat penance with out using the sphere grid at all lol

sounds pretty messed up an would suck all the fun out the games as well as take too long assuming they were possible... :)

i would love to see some one kill the dark aeons with out using the sphere grid....... umm yeh.... while their at it they might as well try an kill sephiroth with thier level 1's.............. lmfao

Boko Mog
05-14-2003, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by edczxcvbnm
It would be easy. Sephiroth is joke of a boss. He has barely any attacks that can actually KILL you. Most of them just put you into critical life.

Well, if he uses Super Nova on you, it could make you confused and whatnot. Then, it'd be easy for him to wipe you out...

But anyway, I'm probably going to replay FFVII this summer, but I won't try that challenge. It's not worth it. I have enough trouble as it is when at regular levels, so why would I even think of making it much more fustrating? :[!

Prodigy
05-14-2003, 10:28 AM
apparently people are gonna try an beat penance with out using the sphere grid at all

Now I'd quite happily stake my LIFE that it's impossible. 100% utterly impossible.

You'd basically have to max 1 of your summons completely and use that. You'd only get to summon it once because if it died you'd get instantly killed. 1 aeon vs penance...hmmmmm

fallen_cloud
05-14-2003, 03:18 PM
It can and has been done. By me. It's almost impossible though...... you gotta be really bored and have a lot of time on your hands or you'll never make it through Midgar. Sephiroth is still simple even when you're not even at level 50 yet. Boss battles will level you up pretty quickly..... and you get Vincent at level 50 if you wait long enough...........

edczxcvbnm
05-17-2003, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Boko Mog
Well, if he uses Super Nova on you, it could make you confused and whatnot. Then, it'd be easy for him to wipe you out...

ummm...like ALL of his moves put you into crazy status defects. I have done it with out ribbons at an average of level 45. It is easy. It just takes a while...a good half hour on just the final form.

Linus J
05-17-2003, 11:14 AM
ok, I've tried no lvling on purpose once and it was kinda easy. So this will be next I guess.

How about catching chocobos, you gotta fight then right? is that allowed?

my tip if you want to make this easier is use steal to get items alot. And make your characters into class specific characters, meaning Cloud will not get any magic or summon materia cause that will screw up his strength and hp, it really helped me when I didn't lvl.

Dragonfire
05-21-2003, 04:47 PM
With all the right weapons,armor, materia, and accesories, it could be done quite easily. Also, since there's no time constraints, it's very easy. i did a similar thing in FF9 with very low lvl Ozma fight, I tried for lvl 1, but I accidently won a battle later in the game, and my lvls skyrocketed. 10000+ exp at lvl 1 is =O!!! Anyways, once again just get all the best stuff whenever you can, and it should be quite easy.

Rude
05-21-2003, 05:06 PM
How did you go so far in the game without gaining one level at all?

Nakor TheBlue Rider
05-21-2003, 08:31 PM
Dragonfire

How could you not have won at least one battle...

wouldn't that mean you kept losing at the first battle?

FinalCloud
05-21-2003, 08:34 PM
i think thats going to be really hard to do

Linus J
05-22-2003, 03:09 PM
how about that thing in the submarine, where you can fight or capture the enemies, are you allowed to fight that one?

edczxcvbnm
05-22-2003, 07:31 PM
I am going to go with ANY avoidable fight you must not do. No getting odin. No fight the Midgar Zolam...or getting the chocobo to run past him(yes you actually can make if you run...the Zolam just has to be in the right spot).

ZeZipster
05-22-2003, 08:46 PM
Hmmm this could be the start of a revolution. From now on I'm going to brag about how low my characters levels were when I beat the game instead of how high they are.

Dragonfire
05-23-2003, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by Rude
How did you go so far in the game without gaining one level at all?

Well, I know trhis a ff7 topic, but I guess I finish up this ff9 thing.

Well you won't gain a lvl from the first fight. Plus, every single random encounter can be escaped from (flee is great for this), and NO boss in ff9 gives you XP. Just get all the best equipment you can (anti-shadow stuff for Ozma) and have everyone with with like all the auto-stuff (build these up from boss fights, and friendly monster "fights") and you should do this with no problem. Also, if you petrify or stop your enemies you will gain just AP and no XP from the battle.

Shlup
05-24-2003, 07:45 PM
Its a good thing I don't care about replay value at all.

Faris_the_guy
05-24-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Sephy99
Hope that title got your attention. Ok, I saw this on the FFWA messageboard, and I thought, what if the people here can do this as well. Ok, the challenge is you just basically go through the whole game, but YOU MUST RUN FROM EVERY RANDOM ENCOUNTER UNLESS YOU HAVE TO FIGHT. The whole point is to have the lowest level for your characters in the end. Good Luck. Happy gaming:D :whoa: :D :whoa: :whoa: :D :whoa:

:whoa: Imposible