PDA

View Full Version : FF Origins EASY MODE

StormyV
04-10-2003, 05:18 PM
Quick question. It is stated in the FF origins manual and/or strategy guide that easy mode has some changes to balance out the classes better.

Now I know Mages get MANY more spells.....but what else? Does the Thief or Fighter get a tweaking?

Anyone know?

Faris_the_guy
04-13-2003, 06:38 PM
FF1: Can lvl. up to 99.
Say you need 40exp. to lv. up, all you need is 20.
Much more stats.

Super Christ
04-13-2003, 06:51 PM
I personally liked it just a little bit better, specifically because everything cost a lot less. That made the most boring part of the game - saving money for stuff at Elfland - a lot shorter.

Chzn8r
04-13-2003, 06:57 PM
That's disgusting! How could they butcher it like that! I hae FFO but don't want to ever touch the easy mode.

chadmonkey
04-14-2003, 03:15 PM
I like the easy mode for the increase in magic. I always ran from half of the battles in the original FF because I never had enough magic to survive, either enough black to wipe out the enemy before I got hurt, or enough white to heal because I didn't have the black offensive power. Now I can explore all of the caves and fight all of the battles without having to run all of the time.

p.s. Yes I know about items being used to cast spells, but you don't get one of those until Castle of Ordeals at the earliest(if you do it before the Ice Cave and Gurgu Volcano), so you have to do a lot of caves before that just running.

Chzn8r
04-15-2003, 09:16 PM
There's no challenge if you don't have to be wary about your magic and health status while going through a dungeon. That's stripping away FF1's most redeeming quality, it's challenge level.

chadmonkey
04-15-2003, 09:24 PM
I always though the lack of magic was more of an annoyance than a challenge. Then again, I don't think of Final Fantasy as that challenging unless I played with less than four characters.

Rude
04-15-2003, 11:14 PM
This might steer the topic in the wrong direction, but I've found that the final fantasies which have 4 or 5 characters playable at the same time are more difficult than the ones in which only three are playable.