PDA

View Full Version : uber glitch

the tortured one
04-11-2003, 04:58 AM
one time while i was playing through this game, i encountered a glitch. I have no idea how i did it, other than i did it in kefka's tower. the game went screwy, but came to, and when it did boy was i a happy man. I had 99 economizers, 99x5 (had to sell 99 six times) dirks, and a bunch of other crap. most of it was quite useless, but the last boss was a breeze because everyone could cast Cure 3, life 2 & 3, and ultima for 1 MP.

anyone else ever had this glitch?

chadmonkey
04-11-2003, 04:13 PM
I'm going to guess that it's Relm's sketch glitch, which is probably one of the best-known glitches in Final Fantasy history.

the tortured one
04-12-2003, 03:16 AM
what is that glitch? what does the Relm's sketch glitch do exactly?

DJZen
04-13-2003, 01:47 AM
It's not really one glitch, it's a result of many, many, many glitches all tied to one buggy game mechanic. Basically, if you get Relm to sketch something that was not meant to be sketched (IE Gau when he shows up on the Veldt, and I think I remember hearing about Intangir) strange things will happen. You might get more items than can possibly be obtained through normal play (99 Sky Renders comes to mind, or 6x99 daggers), or it might screw up your game save. I heard some but not all of these were fixed with the re-release on Anthology. You can find a list of sketch bugs on GameFAQs I think.

the tortured one
04-14-2003, 02:51 AM
ok, has anyone tried this glitch on their computer ROM? if so, what happens to the computer and my game?

chadmonkey
04-14-2003, 03:39 PM
I doubt it would do anything to your computer since emulators are just running off of a local folder on your hard drive, but I won't swear to it. And since most ROMs are ripped from the cartridge, my guess would be that the glitches would behave exactly like the cartridge that they were ripped from, meaning you'll get the glitches if it's a SNES FFIII rip.

Strider
04-14-2003, 06:02 PM
I've had the glitch happen on my computer a few times. I just go back to the last time I saved. Nothing happens if you do that.

GogoTheMimic
04-14-2003, 10:20 PM
Yes, Intangir is one of the monsters that will cause that glitch. My SNES copy of FFIII is a newer version so I never got to experience the "joy" of that glitch.

DelightfulSpekkio442
04-17-2003, 03:54 PM
It won't do anything to your computer, and it won't mess up a quick save in an emulator like SNES9x. It actually seems to happen randomly, I've had it happen while sketching Brachiosaurs and other World Map type enemies.

~MJE~

KainHighwind
05-11-2003, 06:05 AM
i'm so sad. I owned a copy of the game in 1993 or '94, which was one of the first that came out. however, I never knew about the glitches until much later, when I had sold off my old SNES equipment and bought a newer, unglitchable copy of FFIII. :(

DJZen
05-12-2003, 08:28 AM
well, look on the bright side, you're not missing a LOT. I remember getting lots of chocobo brushes...... It's not like you get to play as Cecil or Squall or anything silly like that.

bebi vegeta
05-19-2003, 02:17 AM
i know of a kinda stupid glitch that i found out on accident, on the cartridge (dunno if it works on the psx or rom versions) go to the rich guys house and go to the door and open it and stand in the doorway, now go to the menu and change the charicter on point to anything, then get out. you will be inside the door, and the record player will be glitched out.
note: this does absolutely nothing, it is just funny to do.