PDA

View Full Version : FFVIII: Best Final Fantasy Music?

Kimera 726
04-11-2003, 07:10 AM
Back in 1999, I remember reading a couple of reviews saying that Final Fantasy VIII contained the best music compositions out of any Final Fantasy. In other words, no other musical works by Nobuo Uematsu compared to 8 and FFVIII was his highpoint in music. Just wanted to get your opinions. Do you think that FFVIII had the best music for Final Fantasy for its time? Or how about now? Do you think it has the best music up to now?

I have only played 8, 9, and 10 and I enjoy 8 especially. Then again, I could be letting my stereotypes from those articles dominate my thinking patterns. What are your 2 cents?

Besimudo
04-11-2003, 07:33 AM
I have always maintained that FF8 was the highpoint in all areas of RPG's. The music is absolutely divine.
The music takes influence from operatic, Strauss, Beethoven and Danzi. Many of the others only had the J-pop and tinny J-techno. Some of FF7's music was quite horrifying and worked well with that grim sets.

FF10 has some very Japanese cords in the music mainly A and F, while the cords in 8 are typically classical.

Don't neglect FF7s latin operetic Sephiroth theme, also very cool.

Rinoa_Heartilly
04-11-2003, 08:09 AM
I think FFVIII and FFX have the best music. From what I have heard, I like FFX-2 music also.

chadmonkey
04-11-2003, 04:41 PM
While there's always a coupe of songs in every game that I really enjoy, I've always been partial to FFVI's music.

LovesRinoa
04-11-2003, 06:25 PM
Kimera 726,

I am with you on this one. Prior to FF VIII, all the music in the series was good, but not as deep and melodic as FF VIII. They were always midi quality sounding. I enjoyed FF VII. I remember showing my daughter it and while doing so paying attention to the music and well it just sounded like it was all done on a casio musical keyboard. Don't get me wrong though, its still good music and fun to listen to, just compared to the quality in VIII, not even close. FFX has a decent OST. I like the music thats played at the beginning, which is also played in the game itself, for ex. while in the Djose highroad area. But its not as deep as VIII.

Sorry I sound like Im repeating myself here.
Seeya!

Psychotic
04-11-2003, 06:33 PM
I like FFVIII's music, but there is no "in between music" there is either Superb music ("Unrest" which is the music that plays on Disc one when anything to do with Seifer Happens) or Absolutely APPALLING with the Balamb Garden music coming straight into mind. *shudder*

Imperia
04-12-2003, 06:15 AM
The music in FFVIII IS very beautiful. I think FFVIII, FFIX, and FFX have the best music. I can't decide between the three! In FFVIII, I love the song "Eyes on Me" the most.

LovesRinoa
04-12-2003, 06:19 AM
Yes that is prolly one of the best in the OST. You have the lyrics?

Whenever sang my songs
On the stage, on my own
Whenever said my words
Wishing they would be heard
I saw you smiling at me
Was it real or just my fantasy
You'd always be there in the corner
Of this tiny little bar

My last night here for you
Same old songs, just once more
My last night here with you?
Maybe yes, maybe no
I kind of liked it your way
How you shyly placed your eyes on me

Oh, did you ever know?
That I had mine on you

*Darling, so there you are
With that look on your face
As if you're never hurt
As if you're never down
Shall I be the one for you
Who pinches you softly but sure
If frown is shown then
I will know that you are no dreamer

So let me come to you
Close as I wanted to be
Close enough for me
To feel your heart beating fast
And stay there as I whisper

How I loved your peaceful eyes on me
did you ever know
That I had mine on you

Darling, so share with me
Your love if you have enough
Your tears if your're holding back
Or pain if that's what it is
How can I let you know
I'm more than the dress and the voice
Just reach me out then
You will know that you're not dreaming

;)

Rostum
04-12-2003, 07:36 AM
Must I remind you people of Chrono Cross? That had some really good music, I just finished downloading the soundtrack!

But FFVIII music is great, I don't however, have a favourite. There's alot of good music throughout the FF series, from FF1-FF11

Doomgaze
04-12-2003, 08:05 AM
I'd say it had the second best OST overall out of the FF series, behind only FFVI.

Big D
04-12-2003, 09:50 AM
FFVIII had some exemplary music. Some of it *cough-hack-Deling City-cough-wheeze* left a lot to be desired, but on the whole, it was just fine. The countless variations on the 'Eyes on Me' theme could've become repetitive, but fortunately each was kept just different enough to be interesting - for example, 'Love Grows' springs to mind for its beautiful introduction and mood. It's possibly the most diverse game music I've encountered, in terms of the sheer number of styles encompassed - everything from Japanese electronic/techno ('The Man with the Machine Gun') to sentimental jazz ('Julia'). FFVII and VIII are, far and away, my favourite game soundtracks.

El Cid
04-12-2003, 05:05 PM
Liberi Fatali rules, of course. Most of FFVIII's soundtrack is pretty solid, but I've always liked the final battle tracks best, like "The Extreme" (the music that plays for Ultimecia's final form). Overall, it's probably my second-favorite FF soundtrack (after VI).

S2Knight.F
04-14-2003, 10:28 PM
"Eyes on me" , always the favourite song of mine, never forget it :rolleyes2

Blackmage
04-14-2003, 11:06 PM
This soundtrack has its high points (The Oath, Drifting, Eyes on Me, Man with the Machine Gun, and a couple others), as does every other FF soundtrack (FF1: Gulgur Volcano, FF4: Overworld theme, FF5: Dear Friends, FF6: Terra's theme, FF7: Aeris's Theme, FFT: The battle musics not related to random encounters, FF9: You're not Alone, FF10: To Zanarkand). However, I find myself listening to FF9's soundtrack the most. If I had to rank the soundtracks of the non-NES games, I'd say...

1. FF9
2. FF7/FF10 (Can't decide, so I'll call them both #2.)
3. FF8
4. FFT
5. FF6
6. FF5
7. FF4

I think they're all great soundtracks, don't get me wrong. It's just that the higher ranked ones have more tracks I particularly like than the lower ranked ones.

Lionheart12
04-16-2003, 02:55 PM
Hey it think that ff10 and ff8 are tied in the best music. Eyes on me is great but otherworld is my theme song. so both games are good in music and story.

Dazlar Bynon
04-16-2003, 03:51 PM
I like 'EYES ON ME' I actually want to extract it from disc 3 so that I can play it on my PC, but I don't know how I can do that. I don't want to use my discman every time witch eats batteries as if they were nothing... :mad:
How can I do that??? :greenie:

_Muerto_Lionheart
06-30-2003, 04:20 PM
Hell i love eyes on me ...it's so relaxing that i can listen it like a hundred of times....

and otherworld also is an exelent song i think ff8 y 10 are the bet final fantasy on earth....

hell yeah!!!

nanakixiii
07-02-2003, 08:18 PM
This is my favorite from 7-10.

1.) final fantasy IX (i'm sorry, but it's perfect. THAT MEANS NO FLAWS)

2.) final fantasy VII (had music that I really want to play)
3.) final fantasy VIII and X (had some great pieces)

I would say my favorite music in FFVIII is the Dolle mission music. It kicks @$$. da, da, di da da da, di da da didada. lol. Yeah, that's my all time favorite BGM to listen to.

But don't you think the ending theme from X is good? I love it. Makes you feel all depressed though (not really...but i constatnly listen to it)

Squall's Gal
07-06-2003, 10:53 AM
Dazlar Bynon,
You can download the MP3 version of Eyes on me from something like WinMX (look up the music artist Faye Wong) and listen to it on pc. That's what I did. ;)

I love the music from FFVIII, but I'm biased because I don't like many of the other FF's. I have 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 so far, and I only like 4, 5, 7, and 8.

I love Eyes on Me because of the way it relates to the story, and the relationships of characters in it. I also love Liberi Fatali because I love that kind of music and it actually means something in relation to the story.

Senna
07-07-2003, 08:31 PM
I love Eyes On Me (it made me cry in the ending sequence) but my favourite would have to be Liberi Fatali. The opening sequence with all that latin being chanted, the fight with Seifer and Squall and those flash forwards is just incredible.

Bloodfest
07-07-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by LovesRinoa
Yes that is prolly one of the best in the OST. You have the lyrics?

Whenever sang my songs
On the stage, on my own
Whenever said my words
Wishing they would be heard
I saw you smiling at me
Was it real or just my fantasy
You'd always be there in the corner
Of this tiny little bar

My last night here for you
Same old songs, just once more
My last night here with you?
Maybe yes, maybe no
I kind of liked it your way
How you shyly placed your eyes on me

Oh, did you ever know?
That I had mine on you

*Darling, so there you are
With that look on your face
As if you're never hurt
As if you're never down
Shall I be the one for you
Who pinches you softly but sure
If frown is shown then
I will know that you are no dreamer

So let me come to you
Close as I wanted to be
Close enough for me
To feel your heart beating fast
And stay there as I whisper

How I loved your peaceful eyes on me
did you ever know
That I had mine on you

Darling, so share with me
Your love if you have enough
Your tears if your're holding back
Or pain if that's what it is
How can I let you know
I'm more than the dress and the voice
Just reach me out then
You will know that you're not dreaming

;)

I have the video to the song as it plays during the game. I love the song, and out of all the FF I've played (3,4,7,8,10), I'd say 8 has the best music, especially "Eyes on Me"

Senna
07-08-2003, 05:02 PM
I really like the FF9 song, Melodies of life, it was quite strange but really good!
Also the piece that is played in Pandmonium after Zidane wakes up and he's being all pessimistic, there's this really cool piece of music and I cannot remember for the life of me what it's called!!

Sephiiroth
07-08-2003, 08:38 PM
I think the best FFVIII music is eyes on me by faye wong it is so cool!:cool:

Big D
07-09-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Senna
I really like the FF9 song, Melodies of life, it was quite strange but really good!
Also the piece that is played in Pandmonium after Zidane wakes up and he's being all pessimistic, there's this really cool piece of music and I cannot remember for the life of me what it's called!! "You're not alone!" is the name of the song, and you're not alone in thinking that it's 'really cool'.;)

Ki Ki
07-09-2003, 06:56 PM
I think eyes on me is a really touching song. And it's very pretty.
I also like Julia's theme.
And Squalls.
And rinoa's...
And so on.
But Eyes on me go all the way... :)

crono_logical
07-09-2003, 08:03 PM
FF8 has it's usual share of decent tracks and cruddy tracks, like all the FFs. I actually found FF6, despite being on the SNES, as having the best overall soundtrack, as far as fitting the game and listening to outside of it goes.

SirenGriever
07-14-2003, 08:48 PM
FFVIII's music seemed to give you the feeling of some kind of emotion that other Final Fantasy music didn't have. It gave you the eerie feeling with 'succession of witches', an almost dance like music with 'man with the machine gun' and soft, flowing music such as 'eyes on me'. However, I really enjoy listening to Eyes on Me (or Liberi Fatali, can't decide which is better:D ). But definitely, "Eyes on Me" was like what "One-Winged Angel" was to FFVII.

It's like somethin' outta the Twilight Zone...It's like...Twilight Zoney...:eek: :whoa: :whoa:

:love: :love: I love to ramble!!!:love: :love:

xSiLeNtStArx
07-15-2003, 06:10 AM
I've been loving my OST ever since I got it. FFVIII has some truly amazing music, but I'd have to say that FFX's is better. Eyes on Me is a great song, but the other songs I like are "The Oath", "Succession of Witches" and "Love Grows".

Is it me, or does the main theme/melody/rhythm of Eyes on Me get repeated in a couple of songs(Waltz for the Moon, Love Grows, Julia, etc.)?? O_o

SirenGriever
07-15-2003, 01:51 PM
Is it me, or does the main theme/melody/rhythm of Eyes on Me get repeated in a couple of songs(Waltz for the Moon, Love Grows, Julia, etc.)?? O_o

You'd be right there. If you speed up 'waltz for the moon' it sound exactly like eyes on me. same thing goes for 'love grows'. 'Julia' is just a slower version of eyes on me. 'Balamb Garden' sounds a lot like 'Ami' too, I've noticed.

It's like somethin' outta the Twilight Zone...It's like...Twilight Zoney...:eek: :whoa: :whoa:

:love: :love: I love to ramble!!!:love: :love:

Jalbrean
07-16-2003, 09:05 AM
I really loved FFVIII's soundtrack.

The FFVIII album I truly dig is it's orchestrated album "Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec" They even managed to make Blue Fields a very good song orchestrated, which wasn't that great in the game. (In my opinion)

Aya Nekoneko
07-19-2003, 10:50 AM
I actually think that Chrono Cross has the best music from Squaresoft but wow, that's a totally different subject altogether.

But yes, I loved the music for FFVIII. My personal favorite was "The Oath." When it plays during the scene where...
Fuu-chan gives her infamous speech after sending Ellone back.

Shivers!

Luthien
11-19-2004, 02:50 PM
I really LOVE Eyes on Me, it's such a beautiful song!!!
And yeah, I definitely think FFVIII soundtrack is the best of all the FF series, I mean, all the other games have good songs too, but FFVIII rules.
Chrono Cross and Parasite Eve soundtracks are pretty good too. :)

darkmischief
11-24-2004, 11:03 PM
FF8 music rocks! the soundtrack is worth it even if ure getting it for eyes on me, the man with the machine gun, liberi fatali..those songs rock! but i must say...one winged angel is damn good, and so is "fight 1 and fight 2" from ff4 :)

Rini
11-25-2004, 07:09 PM
FF VIII's main theme (Eyes on Me) is very catchy, and I like "Love Grows" the most out of all those tracks. And I love some of the other tracks (that are not based on the melody of Eyes on Me), too. Like "The Castle" for example.

However, my fave FF musics are in FFVI and that's the way it stays. Somehow I feel that they have a lot more depth in them than this one. Also FFIX musics are also a lot more many-sided than FFVIII.

Auronhart
11-25-2004, 09:37 PM
I still say FFVIII's tracks crush FFIX's like a bug, (FFIX has about 2 awesome tracks, FFVIII has about 6 or 7) however I haven't played too much of FFVI yet so I won't comment on that. So currently I think FFVIII has the best soundtrack.

Yuffie514
12-06-2004, 02:08 PM
i really like "Maybe I'm A Lion" and "Premonition". FF-8 really has some of the best songs that i've ever heard! :thumb:

amratis
12-06-2004, 06:27 PM
FF8's music is just great, hate to be a sheep but I'm going to follow alot of others and say that I think it has the best music of the FF games. I love the ending theme particularily, it is just SO moving at points :cry: ;) :D

amra

Devourment
12-10-2004, 02:56 PM
I really like the Piano Music when you see Beatrix on the red rose on FF9, i think that it is really beautiful music!!

Slade
12-11-2004, 09:24 AM
I think VIII has awsome music :D . I really liked Time Compression :cool: . That was one of my favs. IX has a pretty good soundtrack too. Because X had voices it sort of took your mind away from the music (Except durings battles) but it was still a cool soundtrack. VII had a good one except the ugly trumpet noise that played in almost every bloody tune! Grrrrr! VI had some cool music too.

Heres the order i place them best at top.
IX
VIII
VI
X
VII
:D

DarkMaelstrom
12-12-2004, 03:49 AM
YOU GUYS SUCK!!! have you ALL forgotten the music that created Final Fantasy?? The crystal theme? I mean, they didn't eccentuate it in FF VIII except at the end Balamb Garden scene, and they killed it off after that, but they put it in the best FF's, and that's what matters. Seriously guys, that has to be the most creepy/delightful music I've ever heard.

Del Murder
12-18-2004, 04:30 AM
It's pretty good. I'd say second best. My favorite themes are the battle themes (regular, boss, and Laguna's).

finalheaven
12-18-2004, 06:59 PM
well i thik you suoud playy ff7...definitely one of hte best..and no ..althought alot of composers worked on 10 apaart from neubo erm...guy...7 is simple...but it works... i think no 8 music is reletivly OK but only because that it had Faye Wong to sing eyes on me ..whcih is quite a nice song..but there isnt really a main tune that would link directly to ff8 unlike 7 who has one winged angel and the main them( plyed on ff7ac trailers)[IMG]

Garnet236
12-20-2004, 06:16 PM
I love all FF soundtracks...especially these :

1- Eyes on Me (FF8)
2- Melodies of Life (FF9)
3- 1000 words (FFX-2)

Wolfmeister
12-29-2004, 05:09 PM
There are so many perfect musics in FF VIII

Succession of Witches really sounds mystic and gothic.
Liberi Fatali is heroic
Eyes on Me is romantic
The Legendary Beast, Griever's Theme is dramatic

But from all final fantasy musics, for me, most awesome musics come from FF VI & VII.

rubah
12-29-2004, 09:08 PM
The music wasn't all that bad, just the quality ruined it.

Having heard a little bit from the Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec album, I'll say that those arrangements are MUCH better, and show just how good ff8's music can be.

(and fithos lusec wecos vinosec itself is even more eerie and awesome :D)

the overworld theme got so boring though ;_; I was wishing it was arranged like ffx, where at least on different *CONTINENTS* you could have different music ;_;

mainstabbitekillbluefields

aeon infinity
01-03-2005, 06:34 AM
my fav songs (i dont know the name of 1) the 1st is the song played in the opening scene, the 2nd (and im not sure if its the same as the 1st) is the song played when you vs edea and my 3rd fav is find your way

Shoden
01-06-2005, 09:04 PM
are you people insane the only good song on FF7 was one winged angel

9 was an embarressment to all Final Fantasy the musc was quite good but i get the feeling it was rushed

overall 8 had the best soundtrack. Liberi Fatali, Maybe im a lion, Find your way, force your way, eyes on me, the lunatic pandora theme, shuffle or boogie and the extreme.

i didnt understand the FFX OST at all.

my overall
1.VIII
2.VII
3.VI
4.IX
5.X

Xaven
01-07-2005, 05:03 AM
I personally think FFVIII has the best music out of all of the FF's. Aside from it just being better music, the sound quality skyrocketed compared to most of the previous FF's.

In FFVIII, I especially like: Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec, Succession of Witches, The Castle, Ami, Premonition, and most of all Liberi Fatali!

Kamrusepas
01-07-2005, 10:43 AM
I think VIII has absolutely the best FF musics, especially Liberi Fatali, Movin', Retaliation, Only A Plank Between One And Perdition...
I do love Eyes On Me too, but I think it's been used a little bit too much thruout the game.
I also love FFX's musics [A Fleeting Dream, most of all] but Uematsu didn't have such a big part making them anymore.

Quistis Trepe
01-07-2005, 04:20 PM
Honestly, I love FFIV and X-2's music the most. VI and VIII have very, very good music, but they tend to get boring after you've listened to the OST 500 times. *laughs* Anything gets boring that long in except FFIV and Sweetbox.
It's true that before VIII all the music in FF had a midi quality sound to it, but that was never a big deal for me. I would listen for ours on end to midi versions of all video game music, and have always appreciated it even though it's of low quality. It's not really about that, to me, but the music composition itself.

I don't like most of the music from FFs VII and IX. I do like Melodies of Life, but the rest in IX sounds like poorly redone versions of old songs. Usually if something a rip-off it's still good (because you're copying something good), but IX was a disappointment. I don't even like OWA or Aeris' theme, I used to though. Aeris' theme is so bland and it never picks up. But I do like~ Yuffie's theme (or is it a town theme?). Someone told me VII's music is..... ambience in style... agree? I don't >.>

So... I'd have to say that at the time FFVIII did have the best music composition, though no one cared to focus on anything about VIII because they were too busy blahblahblahing about how http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifty it was compared to VII (I disagree).

(I'm sorry, is swearing prohibited here?)

Shoden
01-07-2005, 04:58 PM
8 definatly has the best music and 7-9 are being re released on PS2 soon then itll be seen the greater music

rubah
01-08-2005, 04:28 AM
. . .Why would they be rereleased?

it's not like it wouldn't cost a lot of money to make it better or that the ps2 isn't backwards compatible.

durnurd
01-09-2005, 04:40 AM
So, I'm sure others have noticed this, but my question is does anybody know why?

In the ending theme of Final Fantasy 8, (For those with the sound track, Disc 4 Track 11) where it plays several different songs as the end story plays out and credits are shown, one of the songs it plays is the prologue from Final Fantasy 4. If you haven't noticed this, it happens in the middle of the credits, or about 5/8 of the way through the ending theme track.

Anybody know why Nobuo (or whoever completed the compilation) chose to do this? Any speculation?

Quistis Trepe
01-10-2005, 05:09 PM
So, I'm sure others have noticed this, but my question is does anybody know why?

In the ending theme of Final Fantasy 8, (For those with the sound track, Disc 4 Track 11) where it plays several different songs as the end story plays out and credits are shown, one of the songs it plays is the prologue from Final Fantasy 4. If you haven't noticed this, it happens in the middle of the credits, or about 5/8 of the way through the ending theme track.

Anybody know why Nobuo (or whoever completed the compilation) chose to do this? Any speculation?

Oh, you don't know? The Prologue or FFTheme (not to be confused with the crystal theme) has been one of the many trademarks of FF including Cid, Chocobos, Moogles, etc. It has been in every game since FF1.
As far as I recall, though, it plays when crossing the bridge in FF1, leaving Baron castle in FF2/4, and during the ending credits in FF's 6+.
It really no mystery why Nobuo used the song in VIII, just as he did in all the other FFs.

durnurd
01-10-2005, 06:50 PM
I had never noticed it before...only in 4 and 8. But it's really in all of them? Huh.

Kamrusepas
01-11-2005, 06:15 PM
to Quistis Trepe:
How can anyone like the music of FFX-2? It's crappy teenage pop. Uematsu didn't even make it, so it can't count as real FF-music.

Ultima Shadow
01-11-2005, 07:22 PM
(FFIX has about 2 awesome tracks
No, FFIX have 8 awesome tracks! You Are Not Alone, Rose of May, Glurgurg Volcano, The Dark Messenger, The Final Battle, Melodies of Life, Normal Battle and A Place to Call Home.

However... FFVIII have: Normal Battle, Force Your Way, The Legendary Beast, The Extreme, Eyes on Me, Ride On, The Man With the Machinegun, Liberi Fatali, Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec, The Stage is Set, The Landing, Maybe I'm a Lion, Premonition and ofcourse... Shuffle or Boogie!!! :joey:

Now... that's 14 awesome tracks!!! :eek: :cool: Oh, well... some people may not considre Shuffle or Boogie awesome. :p But it's still 13 awesome tracks. :greenie:

And really... The Stage is Set is EXTREMELY underrated. I actually think it's like the 3th best track in the FF8 OST.

Oh... and yes... the FFVIII is nothing but awesome... to tell the least. But FFIX also have some REALLY awesome tracks out of those 8... like "The Dark Messenger" and You are Not Alone. And Melodies of Life> Eyes on Me. :tongue:
But FFVIIIs OST is still better though. :greenie:

Edit: FFIX have 9 awesome tracks. I forgot about "Black Mage Village" Seriously... that one is also pretty awesome.

rubah
01-12-2005, 12:51 AM
I liked ffx-2's music. Well, a lot of it.

Paine's theme scares me though.

I like the sorta dark mission theme, it plays in the cave in besaid.

that's beside 1000 words and real emotion, which I also like. *shrugs* For a while, I was half convinced the theme in mi'ihen was the exact same one as ffx, so I had to load it up to make sure I was wrong^^;

DaggerFlux
01-12-2005, 03:21 PM
i love the ff8 and ff10 music the most, but out of the 2 i would have to say that 8 has the best overall music, 10 has some good pieces, (yunas theme, to zanrakand etc) but mostly its the same tunes just remixed over again. the songs that stood out for me on the 8 soundtrack where

blue fields
shuffle or boogie
man with a machine gun
julia
under her control
fragments of memrories
ami
the oath
and of course eyes on me

Shoden
01-12-2005, 04:33 PM
FF8 has so manyt good tracks listen to the OST plz

Overture, the extreme maybe i'm a lion, find your way, don't be afraid, Dance with the balamb fish, Liberi Fatali, Ride on, the legendery beast, Lunatic Pandora, the castle and eyes on me. you cannot beat any of those tracks Final Fantasy 8 has the gratest Sountrack in ive listened too, Nobuo Uematsu was in top form even the MIDI versions are good too! Final Fantasy 9 was a big let down i thought it would surpass 8 in every way but it didnt in my ppinion 7 and 8 are the best 4 isnt so bad though 6 is confusing but still good but overall 7 and 8 rock and are 2 of the 3 ff games being remodelled for Playstation 2!

FFVIII Fan
01-25-2005, 02:33 PM
In my view, final fantasy 8 had great music, but not the best, that went to 10. But, it had the best music in terms of being suited to its surroundings not its overall quality. Examples such as Ultimecia's Castle, the music there was murky and brilliant, really suited the place, and so on and so forth.

ps: FF8, best ff ever!

ravob
02-19-2005, 08:26 AM
The ff8 OST is by far one of the best bits of music i have ever listened to,
I allways listen too it in the car and everyone who hears it is ethier "WTF"
or they reconise(bad spell lol) it and say "damm rights"

Also any of the choocobo themes are awsome driving music (try it)

Some of the FF music i listen to constantly are.

+eyes on me
+eyes on me (piano version,,,amazing)
+1000 words
+Only a Plank Between One and Perdition.
+Dont be afraid

(OFF TOPIC::::: If any out there is knows alot about FF music write me, i need help identifying a song i was sent)(sorry for off topic)

Skyblade
02-19-2005, 12:35 PM
Final Fantasy VIII had, IMHO, some of the best music of the series. I have the entire OST, and, while there are some tracks that I rarely listen to (Shuffle or Boogie and Dance with the Balamb Fish), overall it is an awesome compilation of some incredible songs. My favorite pieces would have to be:

Liberi Fatali
Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec
The Landing
The Legendary Beast
The Man with the Machine Gun
Eyes on Me
The Oath
Ami
Where I Belong
Trust Me
Premonition
The Stage is Set
Only a Plank Between One and Perdition
Force Your Way...

I had better stop before I list 95% of the OST... Awesome music.

ffshore
02-21-2005, 09:02 AM
HI, newbie here, can someone pls upload the "Liberi Fatali" MP3 ....
i really want to haave it...
its magnificent...
if not able to, pls tell me a website in which i can upload for free.. :D :D

Skyblade
02-21-2005, 07:41 PM
Check the thread titled "Liberi Fatali". I already supplied what you are looking for. Please note that I will not accept responsibility for you downloading any files. If you do so, and do not own the OST and you get caught, it's on your head, not mine.

amratis
02-21-2005, 10:43 PM
Personally I think you should shell out and just buy the VIII offical OST collection of 4CD;s. It's v.good.

It's interesting this thread's come up again because I just *today* got my VII and VIII piano collection sheet music delivered. Its the music that goes with the actual Piano Collections CD's. I cant wait to play the piano version of Eyes on Me. I'm pretty good at piano, been playing, for ages so it'll be no problems playing it. Just no-one to perform it too :(

I love VIII's music generally. Two of my faves are 'Love Grows' and 'The Successor'
I guess if I had too choose my fave FF in terms of the music, I probably would go with VIII overall.

Skyblade
02-21-2005, 11:23 PM
Personally I think you should shell out and just buy the VIII offical OST collection of 4CD;s. It's v.good.

It's interesting this thread's come up again because I just *today* got my VII and VIII piano collection sheet music delivered. Its the music that goes with the actual Piano Collections CD's. I cant wait to play the piano version of Eyes on Me. I'm pretty good at piano, been playing, for ages so it'll be no problems playing it. Just no-one to perform it too :(

I love VIII's music generally. Two of my faves are 'Love Grows' and 'The Successor'
I guess if I had too choose my fave FF in terms of the music, I probably would go with VIII overall.

Out of curiousity, where can I buy the OSTs (except the internet)? I've looked, but haven't seen them at any of the music stores I go to...

Destai
02-21-2005, 11:28 PM
You wont be able to buy official ones unless you're damn lucky and happen to be in Japan. The ones that are sold on the net and only the net outside of Japan really are made in Taiwan perfect copies that everyone else has. I like to use www.gkworld.com Theyre great and sell the 7-10 OSTs together at a large discount.

amratis
02-22-2005, 03:30 PM
Out of curiousity, where can I buy the OSTs (except the internet)? I've looked, but haven't seen them at any of the music stores I go to...

I've seen the VIII OST 4CD collection on eBay for fairly cheap :D I dont know if you eBay though. I got the piano collections VI through X-2 from Ebay, damn good they are too :D

edit- sorry didnt read your question propely. NOT on the internet...well, I havent seen them in shops anywhere. So sorry, I know you asked for a non-internet answer but a very good online shop which I have used myself for sheet music is www.gamemusic.com and they do ALL the OST cd collections for FF. Cant remember the prices, but check it out. Cheap prices too, compared to others I've seen around.

Skyblade
02-22-2005, 06:24 PM
So they aren't in stores? Figures.

I don't E-Bay, or shop over the Internet, but thanks for the information anyway.

Coley
02-25-2005, 02:45 AM
FFVIII is so awesome... I play the soundtrack constantly and I think my roommate is probably sick of it by now! :) Some of my fav. songs are Liberi Fatali, The Oath, Eyes on Me, Love Grows... the list goes on and on! I recently bought the FFVIII Piano Collections and that is awesome as well.

Did anyone see the Dear Friends concert in Chicago? ... cuz that was sooo good, and they had a couple really awesome FFVIII pieces that they played... Liberi Fatali (to open the show--it rocked!) and they also played Love Grows.

amratis-- How is the piano music coming along? Have you had a chance to play at all? .. I was thinking about purchasing the books, but I am a beginning pianist, and probably not skilled enough... how difficult are they?

EDIT: Please don't double post. Use the edit button instead. -Murdizzle

Laugh at face of Danger
02-26-2005, 09:44 PM
I think the best music has to be eyes on me by far, Liberi Fatali, when translated into english has some of the best lyrics in the whole final fantasy world. Though eyes on me way well be nice and all, Liberi Fatali sounds better

kalaspappa
03-03-2005, 01:07 PM
I think the soundtrack is second best in the Final Fantasy series, It is outstanding, but I like the soundtrack of Final Fantasy 7 more, because i remember the places where the music was played in Final Fantasy 7 more. Even though i have played the Final Fantasy 8 more.

Laugh at face of Danger
03-03-2005, 05:03 PM
Played both yet can remember the positions of nearly most of the sounds, but is it just me but on FF7 winning tune sounds totally off key having heard FF8's?

rubah
03-04-2005, 01:32 AM
It does.

That's exactly what I thought the first time I ever heard it.