PDA

View Full Version : TEST: Gather the characters up...

Kimera 726
04-11-2003, 07:31 AM
In a previous forum, I did this, and I wanted to see what people thought would be.

Gather all the main characters in Final Fantasy, but divide them up according to which Final Fantasy they belong in (i.e. Squall is in the FF8 catagory and will not be placed in FF9 or 4 or 2). Each FF has a team of 4 (which you can pick) and their objective is to combat other FF's team of 4. You are allowed to use the character's ultimate weapons and their ultimate skills, magic, and arts (i.e. Rikku's most powerful mix).

The only exception is summons. This is NOT a summon duel, but morely a test of strength and party efficiency. A party without a white mage would (most likely) be doomed to die quicker than anybody who had one.

All characters can be assumed to have HP ranging from 60,000 to 99,999 depending on the character (i.e. Vivi from FF9 has low HP and therefore would not have 99,999 HP, whereas a character such as Steiner, with HP+20%, would), and they are given a total of 999 MP to use.

*REMEMBER: This is a fight between characters of a given Final Fantasy and is not selecting the ultimate party from multiple FFs!

With that, answer the following questions based on your own personal preference:

1) What would be the ultimate party in each Final Fantasy (teams of 4, give as many teams as you can)?

2) Which Final Fantasy's ultimate party would win above all the others?

3) Do you think the settings to this battle played a part in determining the ultimate party (i.e. character stats, strength of special skills, etc.)?

I will post my thoughts after people have tried this. This was intended to be FUN. :)

Sephiroth's Mate
04-11-2003, 11:09 PM
FF5:well duh theres only five characters in it and one dies

FF6: i aint played for a while, so i may get names spelt wrong, but here goes (oh and this game dont have a specific main character but...)
-Yeti
-mog
-locke
-terra

FF7:
-Cloud
-Vincent
-Tifa
-Barrett (he came over Red 13 Coz hes got a long range weapon and better limits)

FF8:
-Squall
-Seifer (if not seifer then quistis)
-Zell
-Irvine

FF9:
-Zidane
-Vivi
-Steiner
-Amarant

FF10:
-Tidus
-Auron
-Wakka
-Lulu

1st place: I think FF7 team Would Win mainly for the fact that Cloud has omnislash

2nd place: I think FF9 Coz With Vivi You can pull off some amazing tricks i.e. reflect makes things bounce off whole team, and vivi has a more powerful reflect than the others (*3) so you can have a magic spell cast on an entire party 6 time more powerful than it should be

3rd place: FF10 i dunno why i jus reckon they'd cream the ones from 8, 5 and 6 who would all come somewhere in the distant past

and question three i didnt really understand that so go figure...

Rude
04-12-2003, 12:19 AM
Thanks Sephiroths Mate, you just spoiled FFV for me.

Pancaek
04-12-2003, 02:18 AM
FF1
Knight, Ninja, White Wizard, Black Wizard

FF2
Frioniel, Maria, Guy, Lionheart

FF3
Ninja, Ninja, Sage, Sage

FF4
Paladin Cecil, Rosa, Rydia, Kain

FF5
Butz, Lenna, Galuf, Faris

FF6
Celes, Sabin, Cyan, Gogo

FF7
Cloud, Cid, Aeris, Vincent

FF8
Squall, Zell, Rinoa, Irvine

FF9
Amarant, Steiner, Vivi, Eiko

FF10
Auron, Tidus, Yuna, Rikku

FFT
Ramza, Orlandu, Priest, Wizard

FFT would wipe the floor with pretty much anyone. You can customize them however you want, though, so it's pretty cheap. If you take them out, it'd be between FF9 and FF10. FF9 has more firepower on their side, but FF10 has more support. I'd say FF10 would probably hold out longer.

I'm not sure what you mean by the third question either. If you mean, did I choose the characters because they were good as opposed to just being cool, then yeah, I picked them because they were strong/useful/whatever.

Kimera 726
04-12-2003, 03:41 AM
yeah I don't get it either. lol Scratch that third question out then. :eep:

the blitzer
04-28-2003, 09:37 PM
FF1: fighter, theif, black mage, white mage

FF2: Firion, Gus, Mindu, Joseph

FF6: Sabin, Locke, Edgar, Terra

FF8: squall, Zell, Rinoa, Irvine

FF9: Zidane, Vivi, Dagger, Steiner

FF10: Lulu, Auron, Yuna, Wakka