PDA

View Full Version : *gasp!* FF11 beta test signup unveiled

stragee
04-12-2003, 06:55 AM
I guess I dont have to ask if anyone else here is chomping at the bit praying to get into the FF11 beta.

I just finished signing up for the ps2 and the pc test. I've got alot of previous experience testing mmorpg's so I hope that helps my chances. I've gotten quite lucky to test most of the major mmorpg's you see how on the market today.

Good luck guys this is truely a glorious day!

Rostum
04-12-2003, 06:59 AM
So you're beta testing FF11 then? Well hope u have fun.

stragee
04-12-2003, 07:02 AM
stragee:

I just finished signing up for the ps2 and the pc test. I've got alot of previous experience testing mmorpg's so I hope that helps my chances.

Naw just signed up moments ago. I'm such a huge fan of squaresoft, final fantasy and mmorpg's in general. I'd seriously be one lucky guy to get picked as a tester.

It sounds like there's going to be an "NDA" on the test. Even though their calling it a "Public Beta Test". If there isnt an NDA and I get picked, i'll come back here and post from time to time to talk about the game if you want.

Edit:

I see why you might have gotten confused hehe. Its a glorious day simply because the USA beta signup page for FF11 FINALLY :whoa: became available to the public to sign up on.

I've been waiting a *long time for this day. :)

Rostum
04-12-2003, 07:10 AM
Well, I hope you get it, it would be pretty damn cool to beta test FF11. You should come back here and tell us more about the english version. :)

I know a fair bit about the japanese version, seeing as I have a few contacts on msn that play the imported version. But still, they don't know much of what's going on seeing as it's in japanese.

I'll look forward, if you do get in, to tell us heaps of goody information! ^_^

Tom Morello
04-12-2003, 01:50 PM
Thanks a lot for posting a link... I'm sure everyone truly appreciates that...

*sharpens sword in preparation for a world class smoting*

Bahamut2000X
04-12-2003, 02:02 PM
I don't think there is a beta unless I have some proof to see it with my own eyes (like a link to the official Square-Enix site for example) beyond that I'm just going the beleive this to be a hoax as beta testing is required to see if a game works....not so people can play a game that works before it's released only to test it when it is known it work.

Tom Morello
04-12-2003, 06:07 PM
Yeah... I tried looking around but I think it's a hoax as well... I spent quite some time looking for it but no luck... I think they already did beta testing... didn't they?

Isn't the game already ready to be released, making a beta test completely useless and stupid? Nuff' said.

stragee
04-12-2003, 06:20 PM
http://www.square-enix-usa.com/

No wait you might not know where to click. Here's a direct link to the signup.

http://www.square-enix-usa.com/publicbeta/FFXI/

Note: You must be 18 or over to sign up. Good luck kiddies.

Tom Morello
04-12-2003, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the link Stragee, you rule! :D

Grand Lethal
04-12-2003, 09:14 PM
*signs up*
now how can we hide this thread so no more people sign up?

Well, hopefully between my love for FF and my fan site, maybe they'll choose me

*keeps fingers crossed*

They didn't mention a close day, I hope they make it soon.

stragee
04-12-2003, 10:26 PM
We already went through this once Taerdin, wanna post about it again? On this same thread?!

Dont be selfish, it wont be long before the game is in open beta anyhow.

As I said before you didnt know where to go to sign up so I posted it. Now give some other folks a chance and drop it!

Edit:

This is why most forums out there dont allow you to completely delete your posts. Because folks like Taerdin
like to whine and then delete the "evidence" as he posted earlier on this thread. heh *sigh I know its difficult but do try to grow up some eh?

Tom Morello
04-12-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by stragee
We already went through this once Taerdin, wanna post about it again? On this same thread?!

Dont be selfish, it wont be long before the game is in open beta anyhow.

As I said before you didnt know where to go to sign up so I posted it. Now give some other folks a chance and drop it!

But all I said was thanks... :(

*cries*

Originally posted by Grand Lethalnow how can we hide this thread so no more people sign up?

I think we'll find a way...

Actually I don't think there is one... :(

But then again I guess everyone deserves a chance...

ZeZipster
04-13-2003, 12:54 AM
I'm confused, what happens if you get accepted? Do you get a free copy of the real game to keep or a beta game that like expires or some thing? I'm to lazy to read the disclaimer, and my computer is unique or custom built so I don't see why I would get accepted. I won't bother, but if some body does get accepted keep me posted on the bugs this omnipotent game that people are raving about has.

Tom Morello
04-13-2003, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by ZeZipster
I'm confused, what happens if you get accepted? Do you get a free copy of the real game to keep or a beta game that like expires or some thing? I'm to lazy to read the disclaimer, and my computer is unique or custom built so I don't see why I would get accepted. I won't bother, but if some body does get accepted keep me posted on the bugs this omnipotent game that people are raving about has.

Will do!

*continues praying to every God he knows of in hopes that he becomes a Beta tester*

*smotes the competition*

Dark_Mage_Palom
04-13-2003, 08:46 PM
what ver. did u guys pick to beta test i picked to ps2 ver

Tom Morello
04-13-2003, 09:09 PM
I picked the PS2 version because my PC can't handle FFXI... yup...

Besides when I buy it I'm buying it for my PS2 so I figured I might as well get used to the version I will be playing...

Bahamut2000X
04-13-2003, 09:16 PM
I went for PS2. I could of done PC (mien can handle it)

But when I got my PS2 for FFXI mainly. Besides playing with a controller I say is so much funner then playing with a keyboard and mouse, makes it easier to move I say. Hopefulyl I get picked for the release to get people unpissed about it not being out yet for about the 7th time because of the evil sony beta.

T0KE
04-14-2003, 12:25 AM
I signed up for the PC version yesterday. Good luck guys. ;) :D

Deadmansl
04-14-2003, 03:30 AM
PS2 Fo Me :mog:

Rostum
04-14-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Bahamut2000X
I went for PS2. I could of done PC (mien can handle it)

But when I got my PS2 for FFXI mainly. Besides playing with a controller I say is so much funner then playing with a keyboard and mouse, makes it easier to move I say. Hopefulyl I get picked for the release to get people unpissed about it not being out yet for about the 7th time because of the evil sony beta.

You know you CAN get an adapter to plug your PS2 controller into the computer ;).

I can't sign up, im only 16 :(.

Bahamut2000X
04-14-2003, 10:44 PM
And you can sign up. Required age is 13+ I beleive. If not just lie about your age. I'm sure most everyone has by now.

Tom Morello
04-14-2003, 11:15 PM
People under 18 are considered minors, and cannot accept such an agreement...

Yeah...

*prays he becomes a Beta tester*

*has low faith so prayers fail and he doesn't become a tester*

Xanedon
04-14-2003, 11:17 PM
Alright, First time i've actually ventured into the forums and I already find some really great info! :D

*crosses fingers to become beta tester*

Thanks!

Bahamut2000X
04-14-2003, 11:27 PM
Ya but Taerdin your parents/gaurdians, can agree to it making it alright. Which is exactly what I did, and if that isn't good enough then I'm going to be going on a rampage because my mom made me tell the truth about my age and if parental approval isn't enough...well my wrath will hit all. (more so Sony then others cause all this is their fault)

Alpha
04-15-2003, 03:22 AM
Signed up for the PC version. I hope they read my reasons for becoming a beta tester, lol.

stragee
04-15-2003, 12:24 PM
A legal binding document on paper or computer must be signed by an individual atleast 18 years of age or older. In this case agreeing to the terms of the NDA.

Under certain circumstances there my be a co-signer for such said document if the person in question is a minor.

Unfortunately I've never seen a beta sign up sheet that gives the option for a co-signer. And I highly doubt expressed consent would fly.

And ofcoarse lying about your age is a felony.

But who knows maybe square-unix will look the other way? Doubt it.

Ouch!
04-16-2003, 02:39 AM
Ahem, the terms actually say, "Minors can have their parents or legal guardians click the submit button as their approval..." or something like that, so nyeh.

PS2

Rostum
04-16-2003, 02:42 AM
i wish they'd let aussies have a go as well :(

stragee
04-16-2003, 02:48 AM
Well thats good dark, that means we'll have minors in the beta as well. Signup is different for every beta. Good luck to everyone.

eestlinc
04-17-2003, 09:16 AM
they sent me an email urging me to sign up, which I did of course. Good thing I have a fancy computer since I don't have a ps-2. I liek that they ask if you run a square or enix fansite. I'm sure this would disqualify you since they don't want beta-testers leaking info.

Xanedon
04-17-2003, 01:53 PM
Not necisarily. They actually really like it if you run a fan site. I run one for Blizzard (www.azeroth-times.net) and as such have gotten in the WC3 beta, WC3 expansion beta, have access to a web version of GB 3 vikings release and have been told that I'm pretty much guaranteed in the World of Warcraft beta. Now Square and blizzard may have different polocies but I think they would be encouraging the fan sites rather than discouraging :mog:

Blackmage
04-17-2003, 02:52 PM
Just signed up for the PS2. Man, I so wanna get in on this.

seantree
04-17-2003, 09:39 PM
signups are still open. man, when do you think we'll get word?? I'm waiting impatiently. hehe

seantree
04-29-2003, 07:12 AM
Just a question. I have been wondering why a fansite would be a plus when being considered for a beta testing spot. The beta's i've been a part of in the past have required you to sign an NDA thus keeping you from posting anything about the game or your beta license is revoked. just a thought, i'm sure that after the NDA is lifted a fan site is a good thing to have. But i wouldn't wanna have beta testers doggin my game while in beta form on their site.

Xanedon
04-29-2003, 02:09 PM
Not sure what the exact reasoning is behind it. But from what I can tell its a *reward* for us paying for the domain names and essentially giviing them free advertising. By doing the NDA we can't gripe about bugs and stuff since most of those should get worked out before the actual release anyway. In blizzards case they set up a special forum on their website for beta testers to go in and sound off out of the view of everyone else so as not to violate the NDA. This also lets them address issues for the fansites and then of course we get to give our input on the direction the game is going.

seantree
05-09-2003, 12:42 AM
very cool. makes sense now that i was recently selected for the Star wars galaxies beta and have seen the restricted beta forums etc.. man, has anyone been chosen for FFXI yet??

Bahamut2000X
05-09-2003, 01:30 AM
No, they have yet to say who's a tester and who's not.

Ouch!
05-09-2003, 01:42 AM
But they have closed the sign-ups from what I understand.

Jalbrean
05-09-2003, 01:57 AM
Yup the application period has ended. I believe I read at ign.com that the beta testing was going to start either in June or July. I'll go see if I can dig that story up.

If that's the case hopefully we'll be getting some sort of indication as to whether or not we were accepted.

Xanedon
05-09-2003, 11:20 PM
Only way you'll know is if you get accepted (I'm in SWG too btw) Usually if you don't get picked you'll just never hear from em. Ah well. *crosses fingers*

steven
05-18-2003, 08:18 PM
I singed up for the beta test a when I first heard of it. I relly hope I get picked for it.

Grand Lethal
05-23-2003, 04:57 AM
Well I can put some minds at ease. The PS2 acceptance letter has been sent out. I know this because I got one :)
Beta Testing is starting in June, and upon sending back the kit in good conditions they are sending each tester a public Hard Drive for doing the Beta Test.

Anyone else that has heard back, come post in the new thread I will be starting... especially if you are planning to start in Windurst like me

Good luck to everyone!

stragee
05-31-2004, 07:14 AM
w00t bumpage!

Shlup
05-31-2004, 12:20 PM
Please don't bump threads.