PDA

View Full Version : Can I still finish FFX?

cityspud
04-12-2003, 02:56 PM
Hello all.

Basically what I have done is sold the knights lance I got from one of the CLOISTER OF TRIALS thus I believe destroying any chance of getting Anima and the sisters.

My main concern is that finishing the game is now imposable. Although I have not explored the option of doing the side quest where you capture fiends, defeat the bosses and get 99 sphere levels. So is that my only hope for finishing the game? I could not for the life of me start again. Really any impute on my situation would be appreciated. Also if it has any bearing I have the international copy. Thanks.

Zifnab
04-12-2003, 03:10 PM
Of course. I beat the game using Anima and the Magus Sisters but it's easy without them.
Get Valefor's 2nd Overdrive, which can be found in Besaid (does around 50,000 as I recall). Get a few people's ultimate weapons to get the other aeons to go beyond 9999 damage. The last boss (well, the main one) has 50,000 HP followd by (I think) 120,000 HP, so I'd say beat the first one with attacks and your 9999 incuring Aeons, then use your better Aeons (Valefor and the rest) on the last version of it.
Anima is alittle overkill really, as she can easily knock down the last boss in one hit :)

tifastryfe
04-12-2003, 03:17 PM
anima is stupd she 2s trong cloud wuld defet them all tho becuz hes so good :)

Pancaek
04-12-2003, 09:01 PM
It's possible to defeat the last boss if you sold the Knight Lance (I didn't even pick it up). I don't know if you could get Anima, though, because I've never tried.

Shoyku
04-12-2003, 10:24 PM
I don't think it matters whether you have the Desctruction Sphere items, as much as it matters just to have the Destruction Spheres in the required space. So you might still have a chance to get Anima and the Sisters.

Cyan_Lightning
04-12-2003, 10:25 PM
I believe you could still get Anima, as I think the game records having opened the chests, not having the objects in possession. For example, in some of the temples the reward in the Cloister of Trials is a sphere, such as a luck sphere, if you've used this item I don't think it would stop you from getting Anima. Though you'll just have to try and see.

The Magus Sisters have nothing to do with the Trials and are dependant on your acheivements in the Remiem Temple and the Monster Arena, so even if you can't obtain Anima, these are still available.

Don't worry, you don't need the extra Aeons to defeat the final boss. The first time through I had only the Aeons that you are awarded automatically. Also, as the first time through a game I'm more concerned about plot development than stat building, my characters were terribly weak in the final battle. Not one could hit for 9,999. All I did was haste the party of my choice and get Rikku to use 2 x Door To Tomorrow in her overdrive. As this means every hit is worth 9,999 then the boss is down in 6 hits. Disappointingly easy. If you need Doors To Tomorrow then you can steal 10, twice over, from Ultima Weapon at Omega Ruins.

Prodigy
04-12-2003, 11:51 PM
The Magus Sisters have nothing to do with the Trials and are dependant on your acheivements in the Remiem Temple and the Monster Arena, so even if you can't obtain Anima, these are still available

Actually that's wrong.

You cannot get the Magus Sisters without getting Anima because you have to fight Anima at Remiem temple. You have to fight ALL the aeons including Yojimbo and Anima to get the Magus Sisters.

Not that you need them. The final boss is a pushover.

cityspud
04-13-2003, 02:10 AM
Thanks that’s a great relief.
To tell the truth I have beaten ever boss in the game by just overdriving and that takes all the fun out of it so I think I should saver the last few battles. I just want to say thanks because that really had me down but now I think it will turn out for the better. :)

KainHighwind
04-23-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by tifastryfe
anima is stupd she 2s trong cloud wuld defet them all tho becuz hes so good :)

:Oo:

Leprechaun
04-24-2003, 05:35 AM
I beat it with NO hidden aeons and no celestial weapons...if you search I wrote a little more on how in a previous post...seriously - it is not that hard.

Sephex
04-24-2003, 09:07 AM
I beat it with like nothing. And ed with less 'nothing'. We both felt that the game was to easy like THAT.