PDA

View Full Version : The Best FMV In A FF Game

Enigma
04-12-2003, 04:23 PM
I think I've seen a thread like this before but I can't remember...

What is the best FMV that you've ever been blessed to lay eyes on in a Final Fantasy game?

HOOTERS
04-12-2003, 04:51 PM
Mine is probably Sephiroth walking through the fire in FF7.

Big D
04-13-2003, 05:35 AM
Ditto.
The dance from FFVIII was also nice, as was the 'home video' from the end credits.
But for me... FFVII's ending. Especially the part where Cloud sprints across the collapsing rocks in the North Cave, leaps into the air, grabs Tifa in one hand and the edge of the cliff in the other. And then, while hanging there, he makes dramatically moving and deeply philosophical statements about the 'answer from the Planet'. For me, that one scene does more than any other to show why Cloud is just so cool.

ChibiInuYasha
04-13-2003, 06:11 AM
The Spring-FFX....or the ending :cry: still brings a tear to my eye

Fat Hobbit
04-13-2003, 09:58 AM
The blitzball match at zanarkand at the start thats my favourite and i also liked the music it was different to any other final fantasy game.

Pancaek
04-13-2003, 10:30 PM
My favorite is in FFX, when the party slides down the cables at the wedding in Bevelle. I also liked the one in FF9 when all the dragons fly out of the Iifa Tree, and Cid's airships come to help out.

~*MaYoNaKa*~
04-14-2003, 03:35 AM
Though Final Fantasy X was not my favorite game as a whole, no one can deny the AMAZING graphics produced by the genious of Squaresoft during every FMV scene.

As for beautiful scenes that i really thought were eye fetching, i'd have to vote for the FFVIII dance scene and the FFX Macalania Woods scene. But that's just because im a hopeless romantic :love:

As for which FMV impressed me the most? I'd definetly have to say the FFX destruction of Kilika. I can only imagine how freakin' long that must have took to plan and map out. All those people, individually being torn into the air, and all the flying debris and sprayed water and the shot of a solidary blitzball floating peacefully admists the destruction in the end...I can't believe anyone has the patience to make, from scratch, a scene as powerful as that.

Kimera 726
04-14-2003, 04:06 AM
Mine has to be the FF8 Galbadian Festival Sequences, with Edea's Parade and all that. I think it consisted of about 3-4 sequences from sewer to the mansion itself, but still the dance, the lights, and the display of sovereignity. I've never seen anything quite like it.

Mo-Nercy
04-14-2003, 07:57 AM
In FF7, my favourite would have to be Cloud riding the bike down the stairs.

In FF8, it would be the Black Widow getting caned.

in FF9, it's Zidane running out of the Evil Forest.

In FF10, it's the opening blitzball match (which made it seem so damn good)

Um..I'd guess my favourite overall is the Black Widow going boom!

Sephiroth's Mate
04-14-2003, 03:35 PM
well for FF7 id say either the motorbike down the stairs or the one mentioned by big d earlier

ff8: i only really liked the first fight scene between squall and seifer, but to me the dance scene looked good but it was a bit to slowto really make an impact

ff9:gotta be zidane running thru the evil forest with all those things tryin to get him, or when (SPOILER)kuja starts goin mental with the shooting of the big ball things comin out of his hand(SPOILER FINISHED)

ff10: oh my god no competition the blitzball game at the start with the music and the beatings of the weaker players and when tidus threw the guy out of the arena and jus grinned, and when he jumped in to the air and seen sin and grabbed onto the ledge and...oh dear i think ive gone mad

Psychotic
04-14-2003, 06:17 PM
One of my favourite FMVs is at the start of FF2 origins - the way Leon and Firion take down those Empire soldiers... so cool.

FFIV-VI re-releases didn't really have any special FMVS.

VII had the classic Sephiroth through the fire.

VIII had Seifer and Squall's gunblade battle at the start.

IX's special FMV was Odin vs Cleyra

X was definately the Blitzball opening sequence, although the montage at the end FMV was cool.

Big D
04-15-2003, 01:23 AM
FFIV-VI re-releases didn't really have any special FMVS.
In my opinion, FFVI's final FMV was brilliant. Scenes such as the one where Setzer uses his Cards to shoot down an imperial Spitfire... those sequences were pure class.

Old Chocobo
04-16-2003, 01:39 AM
Well graphically it is obviously in ffx, and the one i like in it the most would have to be a choice between 2, when they all slide down the cables to the bevelle wedding. Or the starting blitzball fmv with sin and all that.

but my memories lie in ff7 when all the weapons get released from the northern crator i think it was. that was awesome! You hardly ever see more than 1 huge monster at a time in an FMV!

Iori
04-30-2003, 06:15 AM
havent finished 8 (stuck on cerebrus), havent finished 9 (too busy crying about 8).. and oh? whats this? noone has mentioned FFT's cutscenes.... though they are not much, i enjoy scenes like the one where the guy tries to take *******, and Zalbag runs outta the door, and totally kicks his ass.. and in dorter, hes all interrogating that guy ... the sounds in the FFT FMVs are cool shit... *FWASHING*.......*whoosh CLANG CLANG... CLANG CLANG*.. MUAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fat Hobbit
04-30-2003, 06:52 AM
You dod'nt have to fight cerbeus in FF8

zacks_clone
05-01-2003, 12:15 AM
ff7: i loved them all.but,aerises death...
ff8: the whole beging,when you make a new game.I LOVE IT
ff9: when kuja goes trance

Reine
05-01-2003, 12:36 AM
FF7=When Holy battles with Meteor and the lifestream emerges

FF8=Edeas Ice Strike in FMV was cool, but I like it when the Gardens are fighting and you see all those soldiers below you

FF9=1st is Alexander fighting Bahamut and second is Zidane trying to save Kuja

FF10= Tera Graviton series

IamTidus
05-01-2003, 01:29 AM
My personal favorite is the Rikku "strip" scene yeah thats it ohh yeah. Well really it would have to be FFX's ending it the only real time I got emotional during a game. It was sad Ya Know?

Iori
05-01-2003, 04:00 AM
use the goddamn spoiler tags!!!!! the "strip" scene wouldve been a surprise!!!!! damn you.. wait, what am i saying, i dont care if you ruined a rikku strip scene..

now if it were lulu, i wouldve summoned bahamut on your ass

muchacho
05-05-2003, 01:06 AM
ff7- sephiroth walking threw the fire
ff8- the 1st fmv
ff9-the part where (spoilers) kuja goes trance and blows up bran bal, and when the dragons come out of the Iifa tree
ff10- the blitz ball game

Kurohime
05-05-2003, 02:39 AM
The ending of FF9 always touches me. :) Probably will always be my favorite FMV in any FF (or any game, actually!!!) I think my only regret is that what's going on in my sig/avatar... never... really... happened...

*bummer*

Other FMV's I really like...

Aeris death and Cloud placing her into the water. And also when you see Sephiroth in the fire at Neibelheim.

FF10 still feels like a long, continuous FMV. :D But of all the true FMVs, it's probably the beginnign sequence, and also when Yuna is sending the Aeons at the end.

FF8... Hmm... the ending. Definitely.

...I see a pattern in what I like. :choc: