PDA

View Full Version : If FFVIII became a movie... (maybe spoilers)

Rye
04-12-2003, 09:28 PM
Would you like FFVIII to be a movie? I think it would be great as a movie!

If FFVIII Did become a movie...

1. Would you want it all in CG mode

or

2.Would you want it with actors? If so what actors should play who?

If it was made with actors the guy who played Anakin Skywaker in starwars should SO play Seifer! What do you think?

Leo McGarry
04-12-2003, 09:50 PM
As much as the film would be absolutely delightful to watch...well we all know EXACTLY how the story goes...so for us it would not be so much fun! At least we could share the delights with the rest of humanity though!

Squall X
04-12-2003, 09:57 PM
as much as i love FF VIII i think it should just stay the way it is as an awsome game...

Squall Leonheart
04-13-2003, 05:52 AM
I think it would be a totally awesome movie! I even think you're right about thet Anakin Skywalker kid as Seifer. hmm.... Who to play Squall... No Clue. Who do you all think should be him/Rinoa?

Rye
04-13-2003, 01:26 PM
Well I have the picture of the person, who square supposedly decided to model Rinoa after. She can act too!

I attached the pictures of her ^.^

Rye
04-13-2003, 01:36 PM
Sorry I double Posted, but this is the only way I can get the attachment on ^.^

LovesRinoa
04-13-2003, 04:31 PM
...well we all know EXACTLY how the story goes...

No one said they had to make the movie with the same exact story of FFVIII. What about after the end. They could make a story out of the events following the end of the game. Does Laguna and his two buddies go out and kick some ass? get in some bar fights? and squall n rinoa get married.. what about selphie? whos she hook up wit? irvine? i always liked selphie, if rinoa wasnt in the game she would be my girl. I think they would have no problem making a fresh story with the characters from FFVIII.

As far as cgi or actors... well i dunno there. i bet they could do a sweet job with cgi. i cant think of any actors who could play them well. Id rather see CGI.

Rye
04-13-2003, 06:13 PM
...well we all know EXACTLY how the story goes...

Yeah, but they ALWAYS change things in movies. Maybe they could take out a few scenes or add a few.

Also it could the story can be like what LovesRinoa said. I'd love to see if Irvine and Selphie hook up. And Zell and the girl with the pigtail. And Quistis and the Trepie Dude! ^.^

Mo-Nercy
04-14-2003, 07:48 AM
If Hayden Christionson [sp?] (Anakin in Stars War Ep.2) played Seifer. I wouldn't care much for it.

He looks the part but he really really can't act. Especially at the parts where he was supposedly pissed off. A person who can't get pissed off shouldn't be a guy playing Seifer. :D

I like the idea of actors in this FFVIII movie topic. Otherwise, it'll just feel like the game. They probably have to take out heaps of scenes since FFVIII is a 20 hour game if you rush through.

Rye
04-14-2003, 11:44 PM
A person who can't get pissed off shouldn't be a guy playing Seifer.

Yeah. Especially with the "I'm not a boy!" scene ^.^

I dunno who squall should be... Maybe Kristin Dynce (s/p) can play Quistis. Kristin played Mary-Jane in Spiderman, and she kinda looks the part.

S2Knight.F
04-15-2003, 01:37 AM
god, i'd say no movie please, at least no real-person.

i think all the memebers on this board ever saw the cos-play, right? how's ur feeling? those cosplayers are definately nightmare. i cant put up with them. :mad2:
this gorgeous game has given us deep and very first impressions, not easy for us to switch our thinking to movie then. Secondly, the very tough thing must be actors.....oh, i cant image now, who will be Squall? who will be Rinoa? who will be our charming Quistis? i think the easiest one to be found shoud be CID, right? lol

if they wanna make it with CG mode, i think that would be ok, (grudging)

Erdrick Holmes
04-15-2003, 01:48 AM
Well if it were live action I betcha that Tom Arnold would play as Ward.

LIVE ACTION MOVIES BASED ON VIDEO GAMES AND ANIME TEND TO SUCK.

DanteColdAndKicking
04-15-2003, 01:54 AM
i dont think square will be doing cgi final fantasy movies for a while...i like the idea of real live characters better anyway. except you know theyd all look 25 and be 17 or 18 in the movie. I think Angelina Jolie should play Selphie. but thats just me......:joey:

S2Knight.F
04-15-2003, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by DanteColdAndKicking
..........I think Angelina Jolie should play Selphie. but thats just me......:joey:

she?? no,no,hehe

i have said that it's really too hard to match eachother:love:

chappu
04-15-2003, 03:18 AM
They could make CGIs off real life actors, but please, how hard would it be to find actors that can both act and look like the characters, besides I can imagine myself laughing my head off at the way the costumes would look on them. You can only express the total coolness of something in an animation, I'll stick with that!

Rye
04-15-2003, 10:42 PM
I'd Like CG mode too. I would love to see them doFF8 FMVs with the lastest FMV technology.

Ok this is kinda off-topic and it'd really weird. But who wants to see Squall Fur part of the jacket, in the lastest FMV technoloy. I love that jacket :love: !!!

S2Knight.F
04-17-2003, 05:13 AM
yea, FF8 movie with cg mode will definitely beat off the movie "Final Fantasy".

but only cg is enough, never turn to "real-person":D

ToukiofWater
04-17-2003, 07:34 AM
Oh man, I think if they made one with real people it'd be funny.

Just think of watching the ending with actual people. That'd be insane.

remi07
04-17-2003, 03:38 PM
They don't have to pick famous people to play the characters, I sure they could find people who can act and look like the characters. I think it'd be great to see real people instead of computerized characters.

Dazlar Bynon
04-17-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by *~*ToAsT*~*
They don't have to pick famous people to play the characters, I sure they could find people who can act and look like the characters. I think it'd be great to see real people instead of computerized characters.

I agree it would only increase the cost if stars were used. There's a B-movie out that is pretty well known, I just don't know what it's called anymore (about thrillseekers). There's a Dutch star in it (Georgina Verbaan), I don't like her nor do I think I'll like that movie much (there seem be a number of bad actors in it). But I'm just saying that it doesn't have to cost millions of dollars (or whatever curency is used), to be good movie! If it would be made whitch I really doubt.

Dazlar Bynon
04-17-2003, 05:28 PM
Well maybe Lisa Kudrow (Phoebe of Friends) as Selphie. :love:

S2Knight.F
04-17-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Dazlar Bynon
Well maybe Lisa Kudrow (Phoebe of Friends) as Selphie. :love:

LOL, then Jennifer Aniston to be Rinoa, wow, sounds not bad:D :D :D :D :D

Rye
04-17-2003, 06:01 PM
Is still say Matsu should be Rinoa, plus she's an actress

Dazlar Bynon
04-17-2003, 06:30 PM
Mel Gibson - Laguna Loire
Allyssa Milano - Quistis Trepe

S2Knight.F
04-17-2003, 06:39 PM
Mel Gibson - Laguna Loire
Allyssa Milano - Quistis Trepe

Mel Gibson-------pass
Alyssa Milano------fail:D :D :D :D :D

Rye
04-17-2003, 07:24 PM
Who would play Ellone? I can't think of anyone! @_@

For Irvine I would say:

Orlando Bloom (played Legolas in Lord of the Rings)

Dazlar Bynon
04-17-2003, 07:34 PM
I would love to play Ellone... but I'm a male.
:cry: - SO, NO CAN DO - :cry:

Rye
04-17-2003, 07:39 PM
*Looks at Profile* Hey your Ellone! So am I... But I don't look much like her, except for the brown hair.

Who thinks Orlando Bloom should play Irvine?

remi07
04-18-2003, 12:02 AM
hmm...i think orlando bloom could pull it off as irvine. I don't think jenifer aniston of lisa kudrow sould be in it cause they look to old.

Rye
04-18-2003, 01:58 AM
Hmm... Micheal Jackson also looks a lil like Irvine ( in a demented way! :eek: )

remi07
04-18-2003, 03:39 PM
hey, maybe hilary duff (Lizzie McGuire) could play selphei if she cut her hair and dyed it brown. And by the way, as you can see i have 2 fujinns (from: which ff8 character are you?) down below by acident, so if anyone could tell me how to get rid of one of them, if possible, that'd be great. :)

Dazlar Bynon
04-18-2003, 04:01 PM
Select in the Forum Jump box:
User Control Panel

Select Edit Profile
Delete the double part from your signature, this is a number of lines in your case!

Lawson
04-18-2003, 09:02 PM
For the record, I don't think FFVIII would be a good idea as a movie. But it's fun to plan it out :D

As for who should play whom: (is that in the right order?)

Squall: Gale Harold (Brian on Queer As Folk)
Quistis: LeeLee Sobieski (sp?)
Irvine: Brad Pit
Cid: Robin Williams (he looks the part and conveys the right nervous tension)
Ultimecia: Angelica Huston

Dazlar Bynon
04-18-2003, 09:12 PM
I once knew someone who'd be a perfect Rinoa... especially If I were Squall. You are extremely highly unlikely to know her and I haven't seen her for almost 3 years, so forget about it... :cry:

remi07
04-23-2003, 10:16 PM
I once knew someone who'd be a perfect Rinoa... especially If I were Squall. You are extremely highly unlikely to know her and I haven't seen her for almost 3 years, so forget about it... :cry:

Well, could u tell us who was anyways or what movie she was in?

ChibiInuYasha
04-24-2003, 02:18 AM
Rachel Leigh Cook=Ellone...nuff said!

Squall2
04-24-2003, 03:55 PM
FF8 should be a movie with a different storyline. or hows about a stage play, of even a game sequel. FF8 should have a sequel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Sefie
04-24-2003, 05:55 PM
Seeing FFVIII as a movie with real actors would be amazing!! As long as the casting was done properly, I think it could break the steretype of bad video-game-to-movie conversions :)

I'm all in favour for Orlando Bloom as Irvine, by the way :D But, as for Squall it would have to be Gackt Camui, the famous Japanese singer and actor who they supposedly based his character design on in the first place! Feast your eyes on this.....

Gackt=Squall (http://www.mahamari.com/story/gfx/la_squackt01.jpg)

Rye
04-24-2003, 06:22 PM
He would be a really good actor for squall! ^.^ Hillary Duff looks like Rinoa a bit, they have the same smile.

Mo-Nercy
04-25-2003, 01:16 PM
I think Hilary Duff could play Rinoa. yea...

Gackt Camui is perfect for Squall.

Too bad I don't look like anyone in FF8. Reno in FF7...maybe. I'm even left handed like he is. lol

remi07
04-25-2003, 09:25 PM
Gackt Camui sould definity play squall. But i still think hilary duff sould play selphie. she may look more like rinoa but she would probably act out selphie better. But that's just my opinion

Sefie
04-25-2003, 09:33 PM
I'm not her biggest fan, and I know nothing about her potential acting ability, but I think that Christina Aguilera looks suspiciously like Rikku! Oh, and if only Kiefer Sutherland was a little younger, then he could play Seifer!! *has never heard of Hilary Duff..assumes she's american...?*

remi07
04-25-2003, 09:40 PM

remi07
04-25-2003, 09:41 PM
yeah she's american. she's on a show on the disney channel called Lizzy McGuire. personnely i really hate that show, but i think she's a pretty good actress. and i agree with you on keifer sutherland playing seifer.

Eyece
04-26-2003, 05:58 AM
I think FF8 would make an awesome fuking movie...Better then any other final fantasy.

LovesRinoa
04-26-2003, 04:37 PM
Well, could u tell us who was anyways or what movie she was in?

Toast....Dazler was referring to a past relationship. Atleast thats what I see it as.

Hillary Duff as Rinoa?Have you guys gone mad? Shes a blonde, and no I wouldnt wanna see her with black hair and trying to look like Rinoa. Some other suggestions please! Me I have none at this time. K. Sutherland is perfect for Seifer, although the age thing could be a problem. Hillary Duff would be more like a rikku if you chopped her hair off or something. And screw Christina Agulara, shes got no class or talent. :whoa:

Rachel Cook is good for Ellone. I thought Lawson was almost right on the money here

Squall: Gale Harold (Brian on Queer As Folk)
Quistis: LeeLee Sobieski (sp?)
Irvine: Brad Pit
Cid: Robin Williams (he looks the part and conveys the right nervous tension)
Ultimecia: Angelica Huston

remi07
04-27-2003, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by LovesRinoa
Toast....Dazler was referring to a past relationship. Atleast thats what I see it as.

i guess your right, especialy since he used that emoticon at the end of his message. Besides what i wrote was a neck. Sorry dazler!

muchacho
04-27-2003, 02:35 PM
emilio estavas(spellt wrong)(you know, from the breakfast club) as sqaull