PDA

View Full Version : Welp I did it! (Spoilers here, don't read if you don't want them)

Rude
04-12-2003, 10:45 PM
Well, ever since it came out I've been wanting to play FFIX and I finally got the chance to earlier this year. After 3 months of playing a bit here and there and over 55 hours of gameplay I've finally beaten the game. And I must say it was quite worth it.

The great thing about this game to me was the actual gameplay itself. I love the item/ability system used and the battles had so many variables that just about any battle (assuming you are not grossly overleveled) was a challenge. That is a big plus for me.

The bizzarre thing though is that I still don't entirely understand the storyline and everything that happened, espicially the Necron part. That kind of just came out of left field... although that was a very tough and exciting battle. I would ask what the hell was going on there, but I'm assuming I can find that in a different thread.

The thing I'm looking forward to though is that I missed alot of stuff I'm guessing. There were spells/abilities I never learned, cards never collected, and I didn't even bother with hardly any side quests. And I believe there is this Ozma character or whatever that acts as an optional boss the way the Weapons were in 7. I might give that one a try too sometime.

Overall this was an extremely fun game. From beginning to the end I thoroughly enjoyed it and the ending sequences were pretty satisfying as well.

Now that I've finished this game I'm going to allow myself to post on this board quite frequently. cheers :)

Scandalous
04-13-2003, 12:18 PM
I finished last year sometime and I loved it. I agree with you on the gameplay, I found it really fun handling all the abilities/fighting battles etc because there were just so many ways you could do it. :p

I didn't quite get the Necron part either. He just popped up out of no where, as though Square had rid of Kuja and Garland so plunked in another boss to add some more time. Strange.

What I really loved most about this game is the ending! It was adorable. :love:

Anyway, congrats on finishing the game!

Rude
04-13-2003, 02:12 PM
The ending was masterfully done. At first I was thinking "ok, blah blah we have a play going on, there's gotta be some closure to this somehow". And then, of course, Zidane tossess off that cloak and recites the line from 'I want to be your Canary' but with Daggers name instead. Classic stuff.

Kimera 726
04-14-2003, 12:43 AM
the ending fooled me first time around. Really I was expecting credits showing the classic moments between Zidane and Garnet, then she would get off from her seat after the play and clap with smiles and such and such.

In my mind I had an ending completely different. I guess it kinda adds to the drama. Well done ending, FF9. Congrats on beating the game. I didn't manage to collect a lot of stuff either (and I spend about 110 hours on my first time), but the other 6 times I played it it got better and better. Congrats again.

Blackmage
04-15-2003, 06:05 PM
I beat the game about a week after it was first released, which was...what...1999 or 2000? Somethin' like that? Eh, well, anyways, I thought it was great. It was nice to see the story being the big focus for once, compared to the heavy gameplay of FF7 & FF8.

Rye
04-17-2003, 01:03 AM
I loved that game! And the battle system! My only complaints were how I didn't really like the Midevil theme but who cares!

I didn't get Necron at first but after a few visits to the Eidolon Wall helped me. Necron came a little to fast into the picture, compared to other final bosses that come into the game at the right time.

ThE dArK oNe
04-17-2003, 02:55 AM
I really liked FFIX. I'm happy that you enjoyed it as well. Okay.

Necron came a little to fast into the picture, compared to other final bosses that come into the game at the right time.

Too true.