PDA

View Full Version : What do you call you FFIX charaters?

Davis
04-12-2003, 11:25 PM
What do you call you FFIX charaters? I allways call Zidane Davis, Garnet either Sarah (Her real name) or Alex (Alexandra, hentz her kingdome) I call Steiner either Steiner or Steve, I call Freya either Freya or Rachel, I allways call Vivi Max, I allways call Eiko Tara, I allways call Amarant Strider, and I call Quina either Quina or Erin. I want to know what you call your characters...

Bahamut2000X
04-13-2003, 02:14 AM
I always call them by the names they were given. Much better that way I say.

Davis
04-13-2003, 02:27 AM
ok, now lets get a post from someone who's not a complete retard, what do you call your FFIX characters?

Bahamut2000X
04-13-2003, 02:51 AM
Sorry but how am I mentally handicapped? I don't see how my posting what I call my people in the game in anyway makes me handicapped mentally. Please elaborate.

Shoyku
04-13-2003, 04:35 AM
*cough* Like in Bahamut2000X's response, I just keep my characters names as is.

*hopefully isn't considered a complete retard?*

ChibiInuYasha
04-13-2003, 05:46 AM
I too keep them the same...Maybe your the retard for changing them?!?!? :mad2:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-13-2003, 10:27 AM
I keep them the same except for that period after you get the Hilda Garde 3 and turn Choco gold and do side-quests and level up before heading off to Ipsen's. Since that all involves going to Daguerro, I talk to the Namingway wannabe and have him give the party the names of people who are close to them. Zidane becomes Blank, Vivi becomes No. 288, Dagger becomes Ruby (for some reason), Steiner becomes Beatrix, Freya becomes Flatley, Quina becomes Quale, Eiko becomes Mog, and Salamander (well, Amarant) becomes Lani.

Be nice, Dave.

Davis
04-13-2003, 12:33 PM
It was a joke! gees, the reason I made this post is to find out what people call their characters, not what they dont call them. and dont call me Dave! It's Davis, the name the main character in FFX, IX, and VII should be called!

Jesus
04-14-2003, 04:43 PM
your a complete retard

Why wouldn't you change the characters names??? If the game didn't want you to, they wouldn't have given you the option to!

Edit by Kishi: You be nice, too. And don't double-post.

chadmonkey
04-14-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Davis
ok, now lets get a post from someone who's not a complete retard, what do you call your FFIX characters?

Originally posted by ChibInuYasha
I too keep them the same...Maybe your the retard for changing them?!?!?

Originally posted by Jesus
your a complete retard

Last time I checked having a mental handicap is not a source of humor or a cause of ridicule. Please do not use derogatory slang.

But to answer the question, I rarely change the names of the characters. Sometimes if I do feel like it, I use all names from another final fantasy, but I rarely change the names.

Leeza
04-14-2003, 06:01 PM
I haven't played FFIX as of yet so I haven't given them any names yet, but I'll probably call them by their given names when I do play it eventually.

However, I would like the name calling in this thread to cease.

Kimera 726
04-14-2003, 10:11 PM
Agreed. :eep:

Besides, since the first time, I've always named Zidane Kevin and Garnet Jessica (me and my girl :love: ). Nothing wrong there. = |

playaGAW
04-15-2003, 08:05 AM
I call Zidane Bardock(He has a tail so I named him after Goku's father in DBZ)Steiner is Ginyu(they're both captains)Freya is Minnie(as in Minnie mouse since she's a rat)Amarant is Marley(He has dreads so I named him after reggae singer Bob Marley),Vivi is Vivi, Eiko is Eiko,and(don't know what I was thinking)Garnet is Weapon G(stale ain't it

Davis
04-15-2003, 01:37 PM
thank you, at least someone told me what they call their characters... I like Bardock, it does suit Zidane well

m4tt
04-15-2003, 05:51 PM
The first time I played it, I didn't change names. So that I wouldn't get confused. The second time though:

Zidane: Mattos
Garnet: Blade (Why would I name her somthing else, when she looks at a freaking knife to get her idea for a name? :|)
Steiner: Junge
Vivi: Chris
Freya: Ratchel
Eiko: Kat
Amarant: Mzimu

Now when I play it, I keep their names the same.

Blackmage
04-15-2003, 05:58 PM
First time through, I left 'em alone. Every other time....

Zidane: Chris
Garnet: (Left alone)
Steiner: Brian
Eiko: (Left alone)
Vivi: No. 288
Amarant: (Left alone)
Freya: Lizzy
Quina: Weirdo

...But when I get through with the sidequest to rename as you please, I change them all to Kuja for some slight confusion.

Blizzard
04-16-2003, 11:35 AM
I don't usually re-name my characters, but Dagger is the crappest in the world, so I name her Sara.

The first time through I named her Sara even though I didn't know her real name was Sarah

Heehee. Silly.

*names her Alex*

HOOTERS
04-16-2003, 04:45 PM
These are the ones I can remember:

Zidane: Bryan
Dagger: Typsy
Steiner: Fatty
Eiko: LooLoo
Amarant: Lanky
Quina: Da Chef

Freya may have been named Xena, as I use that name a lot. I always seem to have a Bryan, a Fatty and a Xena in every FF.

Squall X
04-16-2003, 05:03 PM
garnet's real name is sarah?

chadmonkey
04-16-2003, 05:06 PM
Zidane: Triss
Garnet: Varia
Steiner: (Left alone)
Eiko: ShortRound(or some variation)
Vivi: Vivi or Jinx
Amarant: (Left alone)
Freya: Kitara
Quina: Lumpus

Davis
04-16-2003, 08:22 PM
Spolier about Garnet's real name: Yes, Garnet's real name is Sarah, you can find that out at Madain Sari.

IamTidus
04-16-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Squall X
garnet's real name is sarah?

Yeah, if you do a certian side quest you can find out her real name.

Anyway, To keep on topic I keep there names the same. I have only played through it once But the next time through. I might change Garnet's from Dagger to Sarah. like some one said above. I also feel there is nothing wrong with changing there names. I have heard some stupid names like Naming everyone Bob I actually know people who have done this at least the ones here makes sense.

black orb
04-18-2003, 08:49 PM
>>> I call Zidane "MACACO", this is how Monkeys are called in portuguese right?

Squall X
04-19-2003, 06:19 AM
i never knew that, ill have to do that side quest

StarChild
04-19-2003, 09:17 PM
I tend to keep their names about the same, expect that I call Steiner A$$hole, i only did it cuz it fits perfectly in the spaces...and then I changed it later cuz he wasn't sucha pain anymore.

Pancaek
04-20-2003, 12:40 AM
On my first time through I kept everyone's normal names. Next time I think I'll call everyone Kuja. That's always good for a laugh, or at least some confusion.

therealquigmaster
04-24-2003, 06:51 PM
Zidane = Cloud or Squall
Garnet = Aeris or Rinoa (Never used) Spoiler Sh!t
Vivi = Vince or Irvine
Steiner = Barret or Zell
Eiko = Tifa or Selpie
Red = Red XIII

Psychotic
04-24-2003, 07:58 PM
Let's see.....

Zidane = Zidane
Dagger = Dagger
Steiner = Steiner
Vivi = Vivi
Freya = Freya
Quina = Quina
Eiko = Eiko
Amarant = Amarant

Funny that...

Davis
04-24-2003, 08:14 PM
note: I made this post to know what you call your characters, if you leave them the same I dont want to know

chadmonkey
04-24-2003, 08:23 PM
What do you call you FFIX charaters? I allways call Zidane... ...call Quina either Quina or Erin. I want to know what you call your characters...

note: I made this post to know what you call your characters, if you leave them the same I dont want to know

You asked us what we call our characters. That is also the title of your thread. If you didn't want to hear from us if we don't change the names our characters, you should have written the title of your thread and your first post differently.

Davis
04-24-2003, 08:34 PM
really, think about it, you dont call them their original names, thats what they are named, so naming them would be giving them a diferent name. but anyway, I want to know what you call them, not what you dont call them

Psychotic
04-25-2003, 06:31 PM
Maybe I deleted all the letters and put the original names back in?

Ha ha :D

Davis
04-25-2003, 08:13 PM
exactly, that way you still do name them

Eyece
04-26-2003, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by Jesus
your a complete retard

*snip*

Edit by Gau: Someone didn't read the warning, stop name calling.

oms
05-01-2003, 03:31 AM
Zidane- oms
Garnet- Hatchet
Vivi- vivi
Steiner- Adelbert (When they call him Adelbert Adelbert, it's just funny!)
Freya- Amie
Quina-Qu
Amarant- amarant
Eiko- Echo

Interesting side note: In FFI, I always name my characters P,p,Pea and pea. I don't even remember why, I've been doing it since it was on NES...

TheChosen1
05-06-2003, 02:19 AM
I'd like to comment on this thread about how good it is.:) I cant belive someone actually wants to know what i named my characters, i thank u for listening. Ok here goes. First i would like to ask when everyone says Garnet: the same do they mean dagger or Garnet? Also I thought dagger was a pretty stupid name. I also want to say that i do like changing names for my characters. Im not saying people who leave them as they r. r dum but just shows lack of imagination. Think about it, the developers only gave them names because if they didnt then what wud we be calling them now?:eek: exactly! Also, when i play i like to think that im actually there, it makes it interesting so i call the main character myself and his friends , my own real life friends. I know it may sound dum for some people but thats how i like to play. Now to my names, Theyre named after my friends which best describe their qualities.
1.Zidane- The1(after me look at my user name there wasnt ebough space for chosen.)
2.Garnet- Garnet (left the same because the name fits her so well)
3.Vivi-Herion( a friend of mine who is small unsure of himself and does stutter. PERFECT FIT!)
4.Steiner-Iskaner(after my cousin Iskander (d didnt fit) who also is pretty chubby, a pain in the ass and slow but his will is good.
5.Amarant-Tolik(just because they are both tall and think they're all that. but honorable)
6.Freya-Hoe(Not my friend just ugly looking)
7.Quina-Rustam(my other cousin who i like to make fun of. ofcourse if i knew bout quina earlier wud of name her iskaner)
8.Eiko-Abidaji(my friend(hes a guy) who has a weird name so i thought i wud piss him of LOL)

well if u read through all of it i thank u and please post a reply to it i also wanna no bout ur characters names.:cool:

Davis
05-06-2003, 08:26 PM
well, I already told you what I name my characters... but my friend, he names them...
Zidane - Dan (himself)
Garnet - Dagger (lack of imagination)
Steiner - Chris (His really big fat friend)
Vivi - Trevor (Thats me, and im pretty shy too)
Freya - Rat Jon (some one we know whos gay)
Armarant - Mike (A red headed friend)
Quina - Erin (His fat cousin)
Eiko - Superho (Super hoe wouldnt fit, lol)

Boko Mog
05-14-2003, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by Bahamut2000X
I always call them by the names they were given. Much better that way I say.

Aye, aye. Same for me.

Davis
05-14-2003, 08:21 PM
guess what, nobody cares! I only want to know what you call your characters, if you leave them the same dont post a reply!

IamTidus
05-15-2003, 01:19 AM
I also leave them the same.I thought about changing them but I didn't.

Davis
05-15-2003, 01:45 AM
come on now! you must be really dumb, or just not be able to read english! look at the post right before yours, it clearly said to not tell me if you keep the names the same, gees, learn to read

Leeza
05-15-2003, 07:52 AM
Again Davis, do not be rude and do not flame your fellow members. Respond nicely or do not respond at all.

Flashback
05-15-2003, 05:17 PM
Alright, I called my figures:
Zidane= Enrique
Vivi= Kimi
Steiner= Jacques
Garnet= Maria
Freya= Sarah
Quina= Kokkie
Eiko= Eva
Amarant= A.J.

Hedgy
05-25-2003, 08:49 AM
I leave them alone except for Dagger I always call her Alex, maybe next time I should call her Sarah, if thats her real name.

god5254
05-29-2003, 11:41 PM
i called steiner F@g :whoa: the first few times around...

because i hated him

Liquid Glass
06-15-2003, 06:41 AM
You know what? I leave them the same.

Except Vivi, I name him Vincent. It just feels right.

Furumuun
06-16-2003, 12:13 AM
Meh.. some of the names I use;
Zidane; Damian
Dagger; Rosa, Jennie
Eiko; Kari,
Steiner; Steiner
Freya; Rei,
Amarant; Raven
Quina; Quag.
Vivi; Vivi

Reine
06-16-2003, 03:36 AM
Zidane=Andreil
Dagger=Sarah

Paine6969
06-26-2003, 04:21 PM
This Is What i Called Mine
Zidane- Mike
Dagger-Toni
Steiner-Mercutio (Cant Remeber How I Spelt It)
Vivi- Tayen
Freya- Kalli
Quina-Qunita
Eiko- Ayane
Amarant- Andrew

Vermachtnis
06-27-2003, 02:45 AM
Zidane- Monkey
Garnet- Sara (Ehhe I named her after my sister before I really knew)
Stiener- Rusty
Vivi- DrkM (The name I gave my Blk Mage in FF1)
Quina- EatFrog
Amarent- Anarchist ("I am the flaming Anarchist")
Eiko- Kupo

Hikaru
09-02-2003, 05:15 AM
Ah, i just love these threads...

Zidane-Ziddy or Monkeytails heehee
Garnet-Dags
Vivi-mage or just vivi
eiko-aiko(samething really)
Steiner-Rusty
Freya-Frya or ratface
Amarant- salamander
Quina-Froglover or same

thats it for me!*giggles*

Celes
09-02-2003, 09:37 AM
I named my characters:

Zidane: Dalton
Garnet/Dagger: Justine
Vivi: Vivi, my bro named him Baldur, for some reason that seems to fit
Steiner: Steiner
Freya: Freya
Eiko: Sierra
Amarant: I don't remember, I think I just kept it Amarant

Wolhay
09-02-2003, 11:19 AM
Zidane -> Sidney
I absolutely hate the name "Zidane" so I chose a name that I like but still sounds similar to the original name.

Vivi -> Vivo
In Scandinavia "Vivi" can be a female name and he is something similar to a male so I took the name from the Swedish food chain which sounds more suitable for a male. But I've watched a lot of "The Young Ones" lately so I might name him "Vyvyan" or “Vivian” the next time.

Garnet -> Bowie
David Bowie supposedly took his name from a knife/dagger as well.

Freya -> Freja
I just don't like the anglo spelling of the name.

Eiko -> My
In reference to the short and angry character "Little My" from the Moomin/Mumin Valley.

Breine
09-02-2003, 01:10 PM
I've only named my characters something else than the default one time. So I'll give you all a list of the names :D

Here ya go!

Zidane: Nadim
Garnet: Duariel
Steiner: Ikanhan
Vivi: Tsuh
Freya: Mekia
Quina: Quel
Amarant: Cetus
Eiko: Loola

soulICE
09-02-2003, 08:54 PM
i generally dont change the names in every game, but i always to change steiner's to BUBBA.

dunno.. he just looks like a BUBBA. :rolleyes2

blue_midget192
09-02-2003, 10:27 PM
Yea The Moomins!!! Sorry :) any way in all Final Fantasy GAmes i Call the main charecter Matt (me) and the main charecters 'love interest' (sorry for the strange use of words) Claire (my wondertful wonderful girlfriend) :) the rest i usually leave the same. appart from in FF7..... but thats a none related post :)

kwobtchan
09-03-2003, 09:01 PM
Well, the first time I play through, I like to leave the names as they are, but the second or third time around? Nah, it's too much to resist by then. Compromise is good <3.

Anyway...

Zidane: Jitan

Garnet: Ada (From Ada or Ardor by Nabocov; Garnet looks like Ada.)

Steiner: Nalpk (An anagram of "Plank" I first gave to Tidus in FFX.)

Vivi- Mouche (A term used by a famous French transvestite to describe the silk flowers on his dresses.)

Quina: Spoot (Meaning "drat" or "sub-par"; from The Angry Beavers.)

Freya: Absinth (Which should have an e at the end. I just like the word.)

Eiko- Tot (German for "dead" also one of the characters in Weiss Kreuz.)

Amarant- Useless

Of course, for round three, I might have to try some new things. I like a LOT of the suggestions here. Especially Breine's.

Xander
09-04-2003, 12:03 AM
I called them like this:

Zidane: Xander. All my main guys are called Xander! Well Zidane was the first :)

Garnet: Flick. I dunno why. I just liked it.

Eiko: Misty.

Steiner: Arthur. It suited him.

Amarant: Neo. (red hair)

Freya: Billie (she looked like a goat :p)

And that's all I changed I think...

Breine
09-04-2003, 02:04 PM
Of course, for round three, I might have to try some new things. I like a LOT of the suggestions here. Especially Breine's.

Thanks ^_^

Nakor TheBlue Rider
09-04-2003, 02:18 PM
I like to keep te names.... I don't think that shows a lack of imagination on my part but rather an apreatiation for the imagination of the story writers....

I find that the names suit the characters and also have added meaning some times...

At least I don't change them the first time through....

Once I have gone through once the characters are liable to get stuck with all sorts of names ranging from:

Lestat (A Vampire in Anne Rice Novels)
Frodo (Hobbit in Lord of the Rings)
Maiku (A name I created.....)
Legolas(ANother Lord of the rings character)
Cecil (FF4 Character name)

Just Some of the names my main char ends up with....

Wightraven
09-04-2003, 06:06 PM
Man, some people ask a question, some people get MEAN. And I thought I was bad...

Anyway, I keep their names the same, and then again, change them sometimes.

Zidane - Wight, because he's the FF character most like me. EVER.
Garnet - Garnet, though I had her named Mallory, the name of my raven-haired ex-love... then we broke up, so what was the point of that, eh?
Steiner - Steiner's a damn good name, though I've been tempted to name him Buzz (as in Lightyear) just for that jawline.
Vivi - Janus. Because I usually name my little magick-users Janus. And he looks like a Janus. *shrugs*
Freya - Can't stand the name Freya, so I name her Cyd. Honestly, Norse Goddess of fertility she is NOT.
Amarant - 'S a good name, but I don't really like it. I forget what I usually name him, though. Shows you how much I pay attention.
Eiko - Boo. After the little girl in Monsters Inc. Because I gave up on pronouncing Eiko looooong ago.
Quina - Queirdo. "Qu" because, well, the obvious, and "eirdo" because it's a freaking weirdo.

Garnet_Alexandros
09-13-2003, 01:16 PM
Zidane- I called him Gian.I don't know why.I just like the name.
Garnet-Jenny...I dunno why...just...just...well...i don't like the name,but....
Vivi- Robin!
Amarant and the others- I still don't see 'em...

SpikingZero
09-13-2003, 09:58 PM
I don't often re-name my characters, but for this one game in FFIX, I actually did!

Zidane ~> Zeke
Vivi ~> Ivann
Dagger ~> Krystal
Steiner ~> Kaiser
Freya ~> Tamia
Eiko ~> Angela
Amarant ~> Moreau
Quina ~> Ghash

It's fun to have at least one game where you re-name each and every character you possibly can. :D

Zantetsuken !!!
09-13-2003, 10:44 PM
I like this way :

Zidane: Zu ( Zu is the nickname of a friend and i like to call the main character Zu, cuz i like Zu and Zu is my best Friend !! )
Steiner: Mickey ( cuz of the Knights of Pluto !! pretty cool huh ?? say what im just 14 and i remember when i was young not saying that u guys are a bunch of Oldies, and Pluto is the name of Mickey Mouse Dog)
Garnet: Raiden ( know what she summons Odin thats all u need to know and Raiden is Odin heheh )
Amarant: M.D.Z. ( Mighty dread of Zion )
Freya: Minye Mouse( shes a mouse say what ?)
Eiko: Chifrudinha ( this is a very istupid thing but she got a horn and i wanted to give her a Nickname and Chifrudinha is Little Horny One inPortuguese)
Vivi: Soninhu ( The nick i used when i was top 10 on Age of Kings in the World, yes i Rock at that game, Soninhu is Sleppy Dude, i sleep almost all the time)
Quina: Gorda Puta ( fat bitch yeah i dont like Quina )

Now u know that im a little strange but thats Okay :)

Jack
09-17-2003, 08:50 PM
I like normal names

ZIDANE-Jack (Popular Boy's name)
GARNET-Tina
STEINER-Chris
VIVI-Mark
FREYA-Chloe
QUINA-Jam (Don't ask)
EIKO-Holly
AMARANT-Matt

I have no imagination.

Starcrest
10-25-2003, 10:43 PM
Zidan, Orion
Vivi, Phoenix,
Garnet, Garnet
Steiner, Steiner/Rusty

Garnet Alexandros
10-27-2003, 12:10 AM
Zidane: Raine
Garnet: Vencia
Steiner: Bauman
Vivi: Rhastin
Freya: Trinity
Quina: StarJig

Go me..:o

Flare_Star
10-28-2003, 12:56 PM
erm...

Zidane: Del
Vivi: Damien
Steiner:Rodney
Dagger:Cassie
Freya:Raquel
Amarant:Boysie
Eiko:Marleen
Quina:Albert

i kinda like only fools and horses.....

little devil
06-29-2004, 01:11 PM
Zidane=Ben
Garnet=Rachel
Vivi=Milly
Eiko=Kimi
Steiner = Leo
Freya = Sora
Quina = Izzy
Amarant=Matt

DJZen
07-01-2004, 07:54 AM
Zidane = Mullet (this is the default main character name for every RPG I play, especially Legend Of Dragoon)
Garnet = Genequa (I made that one up..... I think.....)
Vivi = So Dark
Steiner = McManly (PA ren fair liek WHAT!)
Freya = Chyna
Eiko = Jailbait
Amarant = well it WOULD be Senor Spooky Pants but they don't give you NEARLY enough room for that, so it's just Willard now.
Quina = Marshie

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-01-2004, 02:39 PM
Old thread. Desist.