PDA

View Full Version : ARG, Adel iz t3h SuX0r

DJZen
04-13-2003, 12:28 AM
So I'm stuck on the beggining of disc 4 and can't get past Adel. I'm probably a little under levelled, but the enemies only give me 1 exp for some weird reason, and Squall just says "NO! I can't leave Rinoa like this!" if I try to leave Lunatic Pandora. Can anyone give me any help? Strategies etc. would be much appreciated.

Rand Al'Tor
04-13-2003, 12:50 AM
Lessee, casting Regen on Rinoa would help keep her alive. If you shell her you may even take your chances and cast some of the bigger magics that hit everything, like Tornado, Quake or Ultima. Risky though. Have you tried summoning Ceberus so you can happily triple-cast magic away? Meltdown is risky, as I think it harms Rinoa (but if she survives, you can cure her) but many enemies become a lot easier if their vitality is zero. (and Adel only casts drain on Rinoa, so her vitality is irrelevant)

Still, can't be good for the romance though.

"Squall, thanks for saving me...."

"...you're welcome"

"okay, now that we have THAT out of the way" WHAP "What were you THINKING cassting meltdozn like that."

"Auch...hey we needed Adel weak, and you survived didn't you?"

"Oh yeah...do you know how much it FRIGGEN' HURTS to get every part of you seriously radiated? And I still feel like I'll die if I stub my toe now. Now where's my Esuna?"

"Well you don't hear me complaining about you tossing me into the wall, MULTIPLE times"

"Hey, I was under Ultimecia's command!"

Quistis: "well, they're acting like the married couple already."

Irvine: "That's why I'm never getting married"

Selphie: "Irvine!"

Irvine: "oops"

Scar Face
04-13-2003, 01:23 AM
If you got Cactuar,use the Kamikaze ability on her.Then she will be beaten with one hit.Thats what I did.

If you don't have either him or that ability use Regen and Curagas on Rinoa,triple on yourself,and Use Blizzaga,Firaga,Thundaga,and flare on Adel and also use your attack command on her if you can do damage thats from 4000-9999.Thats what I did when I beat her in my second Time playing through.:D :) :D

Hope that helped.

Big D
04-13-2003, 01:40 AM
Protect Rinoa with Regen and Shell, then cast Meltdown on Adel only. Use Cerberus and cast Aura (plus Regen, Shell etc if you wish) on your party, then unleash the physical Limit Breaks. Renzokuken, Shot, Duel... Adel will be gone in moments.
I'm probably a little under levelled
Remember, high levels are irrelevant in FFVIII. Actually, the lower your level, the better it will be for you.

DJZen
04-13-2003, 02:16 AM
My party:

Squall @ lv. 68
Zell @ lv. 55
Irvine @ lv. 35

My strategy:

Have Squall cast regen on Rinoa (which seems to have no effect, I never see her HP rise), then make Zell summon Cerberus, while I'm waiting on the summon have Squall cast meltdown on Adel. Once Cerberus casts double and triple on everyone, have Irvine cast shell on everyone. After that I have Squall attack for 3,000+ damage, Zell use flare stones, and Irvine cast 3xflare until he runs out. After that I usually get screwed since all of Irvine's good spells are junctioned and I usually have to have him curaga the party every other turn since it doesn't do much good after shelling everyone. Limit breaks never come up since no one's HP ever gets to the right range. They pretty much just die after getting hit with Ultima. I was just now on a roll with her, but then Rinoa's HP ran out. This is the most frustrating FF VIII experience I've had so far. Maybe I should re-do the junctioning?

Erdrick Holmes
04-13-2003, 02:25 AM
Ok listen up

First off make sure you have somebody that knows Recover, cast shell on everybody and on Rinoa, Then star bashing Adel with Meltdown to where down her resistance, after Rinoa has taken alot of damage cast recover on her. DO NOT SUMMON GFs otherwize you could end you quest really quick.

The Amazing Spiderman
04-13-2003, 03:43 AM
Renzokuken and shot away. note:Only use ammo that attacks a single enemy, and if you think Renzokuken is risky, pray. Rinoa takes like 4000 damage only, and you can cure her on the next turn.

I cast Protect on Rinoa just in case, and shell too. I never regen her, I only cure her with Hi-potions or curas.

Shoeberto
04-13-2003, 04:26 AM
If you don't have Lionheart, most likely this battle will be a lot more difficult. But if you have Lionheart and plenty of Auras, you should be pretty much set.

And yeah...don't do GFs, except for maybe Cerberus. And if you do that, make sure your characters have Expend2x-1/3x-1 or whatever it's called so they only use one spell per double/triple.

Alvin Strife
04-17-2003, 04:30 AM
Here is how i beat Adel:

1.) Casted Meltdown on Adel
2.) Casted Aura on Squall
3.) Used Kamikaze (Quistis took the perma KO from this)
4.) Had Squall use Renzokuken

Thats it, 4 turns and she's a gonner (even though Adel looks like a HE wearing a skirt imo)

Hope this helps :)

-Alvin Strife

Spatvark
04-17-2003, 05:52 AM
Zell (95)
Squall (100)
Quistis (89)

Squall attacks. Quistis casts Aura on herself. Zell attacks.
Quisits uses her limit, Mighty Guard, thus putting Squall and Zell both under Aura status. Squall attacks once more. Zell uses Duel (consisting only of Booya and Rush Punches). Adel croaks.

I did it a couple of hours ago and that was the entire fight right there.

You're several levels down and probably haven't been levelling on teh Islands Closest to Hell/Heaven with all of the Bonus abilities equipped which is what I did. One level per fight is most definitely worth it. But then, you can't leave the LP so you're gonna have to come up with a good tactic. Remember, Adel should have about 20,000 strength. You want at least 100x Tornado equipped to each characters Str-J, if not Ultima, not to mention whatever Str+x abilities you can give them. All of mine had 255 with all that stuff on...

Finally, do NOT have Squall use Renzokuken. If he finishes with Fated Circle or Blasting Zone, he may well kill Rinoa, thus meaning you lose... unfortunately.

Kimera 726
04-17-2003, 06:42 AM
Squall on limit break is pretty risky, Alvin Strife. I heard my friend telling me one Fated Circle and Rinoa was kaput! You're better off using Irvine's limit break and use the strongest ammo you have against Adel.

Recover is a good idea. Remember, this is a sorceress you're fighting, so make sure your Spirit is as high as you can get (I recommend junctioning 100 Curagas to Spirit if you have it). Instead of using Curaga, cast shell on your entire party, and use Recover to heal all life. Prioritize: make sure the one with lower HP gets healed first. Aura can cover for limit break action.

Quistis is pretty helpful here IMO. White Wind Shockwave Pulsar help bunches, and her magic is pretty high.

Blackmage
04-17-2003, 02:28 PM
First off, if you're using Selphie, that's a big no-no. Selphie's just about useless.

Before the battle, focus Squall's junctions into speed and strength. Use Zell and Irvine (Whose Limits can hit only one target.) as long as they're high in level; otherwise, use Quistis as long as she knows Mighty Guard and White Wind. Now, in the battle, cast Meltdown on Adel. Then cast Haste on Squall. And, if you junctioned him right, he'll deal massive damage very quickly. Have the others use limit breaks to support Squall. I'll bet that'd do the trick.

If you really need to level, as long as you have the Tonberry GF, you can raise the levels of the monsters you fight in battle with Lv UP command; all monsters in the Lunatic Pandora are at level 1 before you mess around with them in battle.