PDA

View Full Version : question about WarMech...

darkangel5681
04-13-2003, 02:10 AM
Today I was trying to beat WarMech in the Sky Castle. My party members (Kn/Ni/Wh. Wiz/Bl. Wiz) are all at level 28, and they still got slaughtered!! :grr: So, my question is, what do you think would be a good level to squash WarMech's wretched mechanical neck with all four characters alive?

Also...has anyone here ever gotten to level 50? If so, how long did it take?

Bahamut2000X
04-13-2003, 02:15 AM
Umm level to be? Anywhere between level 36-50 I say, I never fought him but I beleive he might even be stronger then the last boss. Not sure on that though.

DJZen
04-13-2003, 02:27 AM
I'm assuming you're playing the remake? If so, I have no idea if they changed his stats at all. I think my party was somewhere around lv. 27 when I whooped him. I can't remember though, it's been a while. Check the walkthrough here, or Unne's site for general strategies, but I think you can just haste your knight and ninja then attack a few times. I think magic doesn't hurt him as much as physical attacks, and I can't remember anything about defense... Anyone want to field this one?

theundeadhero
04-13-2003, 03:07 AM
The upper 20's are a good level for fighting Warmech. Use lots of physical attacks and a nuke if there's an emergency. I made it to level 50 in a few hours by wandering up and down that hall and fighting Warmech everytime he showed up.

darkangel5681
04-13-2003, 05:18 AM
I assume you're playing the remake?

FYI--Actually, I am playing the original NES version.

DJZen
04-13-2003, 05:53 AM
definitely check Unne's guide then. It covers everything you could ever want to know about the game.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-13-2003, 10:04 AM
I could always beat it all right with a Level 26 party, so I guess you were just unlucky. Make sure not to hold back or anything. Fight NUCLEAR with NUKE and all that.

Faris_the_guy
04-13-2003, 06:27 PM
Haste for fighters. Protect, Shell and excalibur(if you found the adamant for the dwarf) is the way to go. get ready for those life spells too. Haste + Excalibur and a good ninja weapon is good.
Have a lvl.40 master(only fistes) with Haste andyou will be doing very high damage. Keep in mind their is only a 1/32 chance you'le meet him. Memo file before you fight him.

chadmonkey
04-14-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Faris_the_guy
Haste for fighters. Protect, Shell and excalibur(if you found the adamant for the dwarf) is the way to go. get ready for those life spells too. Haste + Excalibur and a good ninja weapon is good.
Have a lvl.40 master(only fistes) with Haste andyou will be doing very high damage. Keep in mind their is only a 1/32 chance you'le meet him. Memo file before you fight him.

Please read the thread before you respond. They are playing the original NES version, not a newer version.

Bahamut2000X
04-14-2003, 10:38 PM
It's practically the same thing. Only a few slight differences. Not enough to really effect advice given for the game.

DJZen
04-15-2003, 04:38 AM
*cough cough*quick save*cough cough*

darkangel5681
04-20-2003, 07:47 PM
After LOTS of leveling up in the ToFR (to level 34!) I finally beat WarMech!! It was actually not as hard as I thought it would be. And all my characters were alive! All I did was use Fast on my Knight, he slashed away at it for two turns while my Black Wizard used two shots of Nuke. And within two minutes time it was dead!! Yay for me!!! :cool:

Yeargdribble
04-21-2003, 03:37 AM
For some reason it took me about 2 hours to find Warmech (FFO version). He seems less forthcoming in this new remastery.

Let us put it this way... I spent so much time looking for him that all of my characters were at level 50!!!! before I found him. Needless to say I took him down fairly easily at that point.

I wouldn't have even looked for him if I didn't want to complete my bestiary.