PDA

View Full Version : FF VI Challenge Thread

Yoshimitsu
04-13-2003, 02:46 AM
I've seen 2 threads talking about beating the game with 3-4 people and I was surprised just how many people thought it was hard to do. So, I'm curious as to what were the hardest challenge you took in beating FF VI? Here are some of mine:

Beating with 3 characters: I did this because someone told me there was an alternate ending. When I actually did it I was a bit disappointed because the ending wasn't as different as I had imagined.

Only Terra and Celes knows magic: I heard somewhere that if other characters never had "magic" in their battle options (ie never equip espers) then you get a different ending. I was disappointed to realize such ending didnt exist. :p

No one uses Espers: An extension of the above. THIS was really hard.

Kefka's tower under level 36: I saw in the strategy guide that the suggested level for floating continent was level 30. Hah! I fought kefka when my highest char was 36! and Gau was the lowest at 16!

Beating under 12 hours: I once beat the game in 16 hours and I asked myself if under 12 hours. (one super playing time over weekend) was possible. Using the 3 player method + mog, it was possible.

Challenge I'm currently undertaking is not opening any chests, urns or any items that can be found in map. The emphasis is to play the game with only items found from enemies (stolen/dropped/itemized) or bought from store.

Share any challenges you undertook and tell us how you did it here.

Squall Loire
05-25-2003, 05:58 AM
uhhhhhhhhhhhhh............I went without laughing at Edgar's pitiful attempts at hitting on women if that counts