PDA

View Full Version : FF11 Questions

Erdrick Holmes
04-13-2003, 04:41 AM
I plan on buying this game the moment it comes out and I have a few questions about it

1. When does it come out for the U.S.?

2. Can it be played on 56k?

3. Do I have to pay a monthly fee to play online?

4. If it's gonna be on PC what brand of graphics card do I need?

5. What kind of character classes do I get?

6. Whats the combat system like?

7. Will there be a single player mode?

Answer these ASAP.

Moomba Misstress
04-13-2003, 05:21 AM
Here you go. through the power of search engines I found this! :fd:

[url=http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/games/playstation_2_games/final_fantasy_11/]Here's some FF11 info[url]

Bahamut2000X
04-13-2003, 01:21 PM
1. The new planned release date is november for the PS2 release.

2. Yes and many importers have commented they experience little lag also.

3. Ya, 10 bucks a month but your first month is free.

4. Not sure, check older threads here, a lot of them should have the requirements.

5. Base classes (thsoe you can start as)

Warrior
Theif
Red Mage
Black Mage
Monk
White Mage

Advanced classes (those you can obtain after a quest and reaching level 30)

Paladin
Bard
Dark Knight
Ranger
Beast Master

That's it for classes right now, there are rumors of summoner and ninja's but as far as I know they are only rumors.

6. You select different targets (you can select out of battle targets as well as in and such) and when you select a target to fight (monster) you can select something like magic or select to fight in which you have 2 options when you fight,
1.Manual, you use a attack as fast asd you can press the button AND as fast as your speed stat and such will permit.
2.Automatic, game does all the attacks for you as fast as you can. Best option because then you can pay attantion to other things nad chat with friends and coordinate attacks and all that other shiznit.

7. No.

T0KE
04-14-2003, 12:42 AM
4. If it's gonna be on PC what brand of graphics card do I need?

32MB Direct3D compatible AGP video card

Nvidia graphics cards work best with FFXI.

Rostum
04-14-2003, 11:00 AM
I thought it was 60MB and no less?

Well go get a Geoforce 4 ti4200 128mb, that'll do ya fine!

o_O
04-14-2003, 12:04 PM
T0KE is correct, but 60MB+ is strongly recommended.

$9.60US/month connectivity fee.

I've nearly finished the FFXI section for the site! :) *dances*

Davis
04-14-2003, 08:47 PM
If i have a PS2, for the monthly fee, will they send me a separate bill or just add the price to the internet bill?

chadmonkey
04-14-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Davis
If i have a PS2, for the monthly fee, will they send me a separate bill or just add the price to the internet bill?

Most likely they'll make you pay up front with a credit card for a set number of months and you can set up your account for auto-renewal when your specified subscription time is up.

Davis
04-14-2003, 09:15 PM
please, just tell me what "MMORPG" means!

Tom Morello
04-14-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Davis
please, just tell me what "MMORPG" means!

LOL! It means Massively Multiplayer Online RPG (role playing game)...

And you call yourself a fan of FF...

*smotes*

Davis
04-14-2003, 11:29 PM
wow, your an ***, *** you, I am a fan of FF's, I do know what RPG means, I've never heard of "MMORPG" so just **** off

Watch your language, Davis. ~Leeza

Blue Headed Man
04-14-2003, 11:42 PM
:skull::skull::skull::skull: you too, bitch!
JK. You both are ignorant.

Tom Morello
04-15-2003, 03:05 AM
lol... I'm just joking around... jeez...

Don't take me seriously or you're bound to be offended...:greenie:

Leeza
04-15-2003, 03:11 AM
Davis, watch your language and do not flame other members.

That goes for you too, Blue Headed Man.

Tom Morello
04-15-2003, 12:40 PM
Thanks Leeza! :)

C'mon guys, don't be hatin'!

Erdrick Holmes
04-22-2003, 11:20 PM
See I only plan on getting the PC version I won't even bother with the PS2 version. Will the PC version have the same monthly pricetag, and I have an old school voodoo 3 graphics card will that work.

T0KE
04-23-2003, 03:25 AM
The monthly fee should be the same on both platforms.

About your voodoo3...scary...but it should work.

If you want to be 100% positive, go take the FFXI official benchmark test and see if your PC can run it. :)

Erdrick Holmes
04-23-2003, 04:11 AM
Where can I take this test?

T0KE
04-23-2003, 07:11 AM
Click here (http://lux.mofosplace.net\wa\ffxibench.html). :)

Davis
04-23-2003, 08:19 PM
you've got to be kinding me, there is no single player??? so, if you got a ps2 and no network adaper, you cant do much can you?

T0KE
04-23-2003, 10:10 PM
If you have a PS2 FFXI, you MUST have a HDD and a Network Adapter to play. It's ALL ONLINE, NO offline mode, NONE. The only thing you do offline is install the game, then set up the online info. NO offline game. FFXI is ALL ONLINE!

This is not a flame post to anyone. I'm simply making my point clear. :D

Please do feel free to ask me anything else you might want to know about FFXI. I know quite a bit. NOT everything, but some good info. ;)

Davis
04-23-2003, 11:21 PM
ok, I have a question, what does "HDD" mean?

Tom Morello
04-23-2003, 11:24 PM
Hard disk drive...

I may not know as much as TOKE... but I know tons about FFXI as well...

Davis
04-23-2003, 11:27 PM
1 Is there a Job sistem in FFXI?
2 What about a sphere grid?
3 Or do your chacaters level up?
4 Do you have more than one Character?
5 Whats the point of online, what does it do for you?

DJZen
04-23-2003, 11:49 PM
1) Yes, Job system
2) Why would you need it? You have the job system
3) Levelling up is not mutually exclusive to either of those, is it?
4) You control one character in a party of up to 6 AFAIK
5) With online play, it's a slightly more accurate simulation of real life RPGs. Each player controls one character in the team (meaning you'll have to play the role of your one character). You also get to play along with people who aren't necesarily in the same room (or country) as you.

Davis
04-24-2003, 01:20 AM
In your answer to 4, what does AFAIK mean?

T0KE
04-24-2003, 02:36 AM
4 Do you have more than one Character?

(4)You only get one character to start. However, you can buy another character slot for 75 cents extra a month. I don't if they have a capacity limit for the amount of characters you can buy, I highly doubt it though.

5 Whats the point of online, what does it do for you?

(5)MMORPG - RPG
ROLE Playing Game-
Pehaps the best part of role playing would be to create your own role. MMORPGs allow you to play your own role, and combine them with the roles of thousands of other REAL LIFE people. Wouldn't it be that much funner to create your own name in a fantasy world with a huge community.

WARNING: MMORPGs are very addicting. DO NOT PLAY THEM IF YOU HAVE A LIFE. MMORPGs will suck you out of the real world. If you haven't played a single MMORPG ever, then your in for a real good treat!

Davis
04-24-2003, 08:13 PM
yay, treat for Davis!

Nakor TheBlue Rider
07-29-2003, 07:59 AM
Does Diablo 2 count.......as an MMORPG

If it doesn't then.......W00t! TREAT for me too!......

Tom Morello
07-30-2003, 08:01 PM
Diablo 2 is waaaaay to evil to be considered an mmorpg... what with all the bots, hackers and scammers... and they're all greedy... I HATE D2!!!!!

*owns two copies of Diablo, D2, and D2: LoD*

If you want to experience an MMORPG, download a free trial of one from ign, or gamespot... they're pretty cool.

Sin Harvest
08-06-2003, 05:52 AM
i only got my ps2 recently, im still going "ohh and ahh" at the graphics and stuff, let alone being able to play online. are those online things for ps2 out yet ? and how do they work, like how does one set them up and stuff and pay for them ect.
i dont know if i'll be getting XI, im poor and wont be able to afford this online playing fee.

Bahamut2000X
08-06-2003, 03:06 PM
Firstly you get the network adapter which you can connect to the back of your PS2. After that just put in a cord from your modem or phone line (depending on connection) into the correct slot of your adapter (again depending on connection type) After wards you have to connect successfully by setting up the network settings (it's actually pretty easy) After that the rest is just simple.

Sin Harvest
08-07-2003, 02:37 AM
*falls down cluthcing head*
argh.
iv'e got cable, and i use a mac, would this make any difference ?
my freind uses a pc and appears to have exactly the same modem as me but im not sure.