PDA

View Full Version : This Game Is Annoying: Part I

Strider
04-14-2003, 08:44 AM
Yes, this is my motto for FFVII. It'll be used for whenever I've got problems with the game. . .which should be often.

Alright, well, if you read my last thread in here, I couldn't find Junon for the life of me. Thanks to the help of a few good Samaritans. . .well, I did find it. Anyway, I'm a ways past that now, and another annoying situation has come up.

Okay. I'm stuck in the freakin' Desert Prison. It's annoying. People tell me that I need to find the boss, and I've talked to every freakin' person in that prison. . .and NONE OF THEM ARE THE BOSS. No one will freakin' help me, either. . . I talked to the chronic liars, so I already know what they have to say, but other than that, I've got nothing. I talked to Coates, the elevator guy, the liars, the advice giver. . .nothing doing.

So, tell me someone, where do I need to go? I've been running around tryin' to find this boss for another hour or so, and I'd very much like to move on. And besides that, what should I expect after I get out of prison?

Big D
04-14-2003, 08:48 AM
FFVII can be very vague at times. Personally I like it - answers aren't handed out on silver platters, but I can see how it'd be frustrating (it annoyed me a lot, first time I played it).

The 'Boss' isn't in the main part of the Desert Prison... you need to go out into the desert itself, then head to the right. But only after you've been into that shack and had a chat with Barret. You can't progress until you've seen that scene, and Barret's re-joined the party.

Strider
04-14-2003, 08:58 AM
Oh yeah, I've done all that already. I've got Barret, Cloud and Red XIII right now and. . .well, we've been levelin' up a helluva lot.

I actually did go out into the desert, and . . .well, I did go right. After the screenshot started repeating itself, I thought to myself that I was probably gonna get screwed and never be able to get back and heal if I needed to. I fought a few worms, you know, and kept going right three or four times, and nothing happened. Thinking I might get in trouble really quickly, I started going left, down and up to the top of the screen to see if there were some way to get back to the prison. Once I went northeast (the opposite of what the liars said, I presumed) the chocobo carriage that the chronic liars mentioned came by and picked me up.

Then I came back to the prison, and I've been stuck. It's very annoying.

Big D
04-14-2003, 09:11 AM
The scenery is meant to repeat out in the desert. It's that Flintstones-style effect for suggesting that you're travelling along in the same terrain, without having to draw hundreds of slightly different pictures of sand and rocks. Actually, back before you leave the prison... there's the gate you went out through, but off to the right, there's a shaft of sunlight glaring down on the right-hand side of the screen. Go through the 'hidden' exit there, I think it's a slightly quicker road to the Boss.

...by the way, why is this thread called 'Part 1'?

Strider
04-14-2003, 09:15 AM
Oh, my FREAKING GOD!!! *shoots self figuratively*

It's called Part I because I'll probably be having many other parts where I'll be stuck for hours on end. . .

Yes, this is my motto for FFVII. It'll be used for whenever I've got problems with the game. . .which should be often.

Fat Hobbit
04-14-2003, 10:16 AM
If your really stuck or if you really suck go here! (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/game/20052.html) And this will surly end your "part 1" Stuff!

Calvin
04-14-2003, 10:24 AM
Did you get it? If not, I've found that alternating between going up and right gets me there faster.

Zifnab
04-14-2003, 10:31 AM
Follow the red line road :D

Rostum
04-14-2003, 11:38 AM
Haha, you say a final fantasy is annoying because it doesn't play on it's own? :P

Dude it's not hard stuff to figure out! You just got to use common sence.

o_O
04-14-2003, 11:42 AM
NIce 'n' Easy Solution©: The Boss is directly right of the screen(s) with the crevasse, just north of the prison. Also, you might want to try finding a Cactuer in the desert, which can be killed using Choco/Mog summon only, for a 10,000 Gil reward.

Enigma
04-14-2003, 05:34 PM
There's more than one way to get to "the boss"? I always went into the left side of the fence and turn right at the break in the ground.

I'm replaying FF7 for the 4th time and I happen to be in the Desert Prison right this moment. FF7's not really hard at all.

Strider
04-14-2003, 06:00 PM
FF7's not really hard at all.

Hard, no. Annoying, yes.

Jenova, that's a nice map! You'll have to be my official mapmaker if I ever get stuck again.

Rostum
04-16-2003, 01:05 AM
You just have to have patience and explore more...